Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-08-18, 08:56   Link #101
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafty-Navue View Post
Anyway, is it me or did the animation really became bad?
Not sure, the raws are all very bad to begin with. One thing that I spotted was that the episode 3 raw was a bit sharper than the previous ones (hurray). However as far as animation is concerned they all looked the same to me.
Old 2007-08-18, 09:25   Link #102
Mafty-Navue

Well, it's just me then (maybe because I'm a bit tired when I watched the 3rd eps), though i still think that some part of it were a bit strange
Mafty-Navue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 09:29   Link #103
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

What confused me the most in epi 3 was the jumping back and forth btwn years. Epi 3 seemed to take place before epi 1 (atleast parts of it)
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 12:32   Link #104
pingu^
Mishi-Corp

ep3 can be downloaded here.

also, it annoyed me when they jumped back and forth between years, but it seems like the whole series will be set mainly on the flying pussyfoot train and the incident that happened on it.
pingu^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 14:01   Link #105
taikx

yeah, the jumping back and forth did get confusing, i mean, they labeled it at first, but but then there were times they didn't label ^^''
taikx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-19, 03:07   Link #106
Mafty-Navue

Well then, from what i see (correct me if I'm wrong) the event takes place like this:

1930 - Firo got promoted to his cammora and the wine commotion?
1931 - The flying pussyfoot incident
1932 - Where Eve is seen waiting for someone (her brother maybe?)
Mafty-Navue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-19, 03:24   Link #107
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

I don't mind the jumping back and fort on the events . . .. but I've gotta admit that it was pretty confusing x_x

As for the art, some looked distorted in eppie 3 (Like with some of Firo x_x) . I didn't spot much at episode 4, 1, and 2 ^^;

I saw the raw of episode 4. Ladd scares me but I dunno why but I still find him funny xD Isaac and Miria are hilarious there! Ennis here is drawn nicer compare to how she was drawn at eppie 3 . . .she looked younger here ^^;

I can't wait for episode 5 . . .I think it's Jacuzzi-centered Wheeeeee!!!! AND I SEE FIRO HOLDING A KNIFE!!!! OMG!!!! FIRO!!! SHOW US YOUR KNIFE-HANDLING SKILLS!!!!!!!!! xD XD XD
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-19, 07:21   Link #108
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argent View Post
After this third episode I'm getting the fear that this show is going to be more style over substance. The fast cuts through time seem more to be about hiding how little there really is to this story by keeping the viewer slightly off balance and confused.
Nah, you don't have to worry about that. Baccano! has a strong story backing it up. And I've got that impression from just tid bits of random spoilers I read. The story concerning the immortals and the Wine of Immortality is certainly interesting....to those of you who aren't spoiled.XD

As for the Conductor, since he seems to be quite popular around here, I *think* he's probably a goner. Judging from the end of ep 3. I mean, his body is pretty much mashed up.

Unless he's an immortal. I can't find any information on him as of yet.

And if Firo is seriously going to kick some ass with a knife in ep 5, then all is well.

Oh, and is anyone here interested in discussing Firo's mysterious age and Maiza's baby eating? It's his remunartion for his contract. (please excuse the crack XDD)

And Clare/Claire *is* usually a female's name, right? But it seems that it's a he since he's voiced by Morita Masakazu.

Concerning the art, Luck looked especially weird when he told the thugs to stop beating up this random poor guy in ep 3. But everything else looks fine.
Defade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-19, 07:55   Link #109
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

About the conductor, though episode 3 shows how dead he is, I think there's a chance for him to be not really dead because of this pic:

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defade View Post
Oh, and is anyone here interested in discussing Firo's mysterious age and Maiza's baby eating?
Haha, I think we're already discussing about this at livejournal so *lol*

Quote:
It's his remunartion for his contract. (please excuse the crack XDD).
*rofl* haha!

Quote:
And Clare/Claire *is* usually a female's name, right? But it seems that it's a he since he's voiced by Morita Masakazu.
maybe it's not his real name? or his mom wanted to give him a girl's name? xD Or he's a guy with a girly face? xD I dunno. I really can't imagine a guy to be named Claire ^^;
Old 2007-08-19, 08:21   Link #110
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire-pyro View Post
About the conductor, though episode 3 shows how dead he is, I think there's a chance for him to be not really dead because of this pic:

Spoiler:

Haha, I think we're already discussing about this at livejournal so *lol*

*rofl* haha!

maybe it's not his real name? or his mom wanted to give him a girl's name? xD Or he's a guy with a girly face? xD I dunno. I really can't imagine a guy to be named Claire ^^;

Concerning Chane,
Spoiler:

Still, the anime can choose to take a different route.

B-b-but baby eating Maiza and chip-eating Luck and pizza-eating Firo is fun! D: (and yes, they came out of nowhere)

Me neither.D: I mean, it's not even a neutral name like Robin or something. Say, you interested in spoilers about Clare/Vino/Claire WHATEVER?

Oh, and since I don't want to flood the LJ entry with comments, I'll just clarify something about the immortal spoiler I gave you. But maybe you figured out as much...

Spoiler:

Last edited by Defade; 2007-08-19 at 08:47.
Old 2007-08-19, 13:24   Link #111
mangastuff

@Defade: so you mean Firo and Luck are
Spoiler:

Besides, I want Firo and/or Luck as main char(s). But they choose the 2 & 3 books (Flying Pussyfoot) as the main story, so I doubt that will happen >*<
mangastuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-19, 15:26   Link #112
myopius

I was hoping this anime would have plot elements with a similar style to traditional mafia/mob activity, like if the writers were fans of movies like Scarface, the Godfather, or Goodfellas, but instead it's very anime-like with eccentric larger-than-life characters... Well, it's still good. The first episode confused me quite a bit, but the second was more linear so I could follow it better. From the preview for episode 3 (I have yet to download the sub) it seems like they may be skipping around, though... hope that's not totally the case, since the storyline is too indefinite for skipping around to work for me.

Clare could be short for Clarence, but that's an unusual shortening.
myopius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 01:23   Link #113
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

Quote:
Concerning Chane,
Spoiler:
O_O . . . wow
Spoiler:

Quote:
B-b-but baby eating Maiza and chip-eating Luck and pizza-eating Firo is fun! D: (and yes, they came out of nowhere)
Pizza-eating Firo??? *remembers C.C.* WHERE??? xD Chip-eating Luck??? Kyaaaa xD And Baby-eating Maiza . . .. *rofl*

Quote:
Say, you interested in spoilers about Clare/Vino/Claire WHATEVER?
YES YES YES YES YES YES

Quote:
Oh, and since I don't want to flood the LJ entry with comments, I'll just clarify something about the immortal spoiler I gave you. But maybe you figured out as much...

Spoiler:
Oh, I was thinking of that but didn't expect it. So they're technically not 100% immortal . . just temporarily invincible xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangastuff View Post
Spoiler:
I'm not Defade but I know what she's talking about so . . .xD

Spoiler:

Quote:
Besides, I want Firo and/or Luck as main char(s).
I think Firo is the main character in the anime. Episode 1 sort of gave the hint. If you look at character lists he's usually the first on listed. Hehe xD
Old 2007-08-20, 01:46   Link #114
RealityEX
Professional

Send a message via AIM to RealityEX
i'm glad this anime takes place in an American setting. At least i have something to relate to
RealityEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 03:41   Link #115
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

Quote:
Spoiler:

Besides, I want Firo and/or Luck as main char(s). But they choose the 2 & 3 books (Flying Pussyfoot) as the main story, so I doubt that will happen >*<
Nope, like Sapphy said, they are the true ones. Anyway, if you want more details on what the freak I'm talking about:

Spoiler:

Anyway, the Vino spoiler for Sapphy:

Spoiler:

Oh, and Sapphy? I found out what 'the incident' is. And it's rather....different from what I've thought. >_> After this I'm going to start saying BAD FIRO instead of baby-eating Maiza. Except that a few plot-points don't fit...well...anyway

Spoiler:

Smart move, Firo, VERY SMART. *picks up a hammer and chases after a pizza-eating Firo* But the funny thing is, Isaac and Miria didn't realize what happened until 2001.XDD

Oh, and pizza-eating Firo just happened randomnly.>_> Actually, I was kind of thinking of CC while writing it. Plus, pizza hut has taken over the two shows that I like, so I kind of laughed out loud when I thought about Baccano! having random Pizza Hut signs in the show.XDD Baby-eating Maiza is because he's EBIL and smiling and stuff. Eating babies is his price for the contract to see without opening his eyes. Chip-eating Luck is because of this Code Geass inside joke about chip-eating Schneziel, and since Luck reminds me of him sometimes, so off you go with a potato chip, Luck.

Last edited by Defade; 2007-08-20 at 04:30.
Old 2007-08-20, 07:27   Link #116
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

*after reading all those spoilers O_O

OHMYGOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! xD

How could spoilers be this exciting xD

Quote:
Anyway, the Vino spoiler for Sapphy:

Spoiler:
KYAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! VINO IS NOW ADDED TO MY FAVORITES LIST xD Squeeeeeeeee!!!! Didn't expect him to be this cool xD OMG!!!!

Quote:
Oh, and Sapphy? I found out what 'the incident' is. And it's rather....different from what I've thought. >_> After this I'm going to start saying BAD FIRO instead of baby-eating Maiza. Except that a few plot-points don't fit...well...anyway

Spoiler:

Smart move, Firo, VERY SMART. *picks up a hammer and chases after a pizza-eating Firo* But the funny thing is, Isaac and Miria didn't realize what happened until 2001.XDD
OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH . . .. . NAUGHTY FIRO xD Hahahahahhaha!!!!!! So it was all his fault xD Firo, YOU BAD BOY!!!!! xD

Quote:
Oh, and pizza-eating Firo just happened randomnly.>_> Actually, I was kind of thinking of CC while writing it. Plus, pizza hut has taken over the two shows that I like, so I kind of laughed out loud when I thought about Baccano! having random Pizza Hut signs in the show.XDD Baby-eating Maiza is because he's EBIL and smiling and stuff. Eating babies is his price for the contract to see without opening his eyes. Chip-eating Luck is because of this Code Geass inside joke about chip-eating Schneziel, and since Luck reminds me of him sometimes, so off you go with a potato chip, Luck.
Ah, hahahahah xD Now I get it. Hehe. I thought you saw a fan art site showing such pics ^^;

Thank you for the lovely spoilers my dear Defade xD *glomps ya*
Old 2007-08-21, 15:25   Link #117
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

The OP/ED have been released and they are awesome!!
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-22, 05:07   Link #118
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

I don't know if any of you read the Newtype summaries of Baccano, but

Spoiler:

This will probably become a serious case of child-bullying unless Firo is 250 years old and still single. EVIL MAIZA.

But sadly, we won't be having any new episodes for two weeks or maybe even more.>_>
Old 2007-08-22, 07:40   Link #119
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

I've downloaded the OP and ED singles . . . I love 'em *_* Especially the covers xD Mwahahaha! Firo!!! xD

Quote:
I don't know if any of you read the Newtype summaries of Baccano, but

Spoiler:

This will probably become a serious case of child-bullying unless Firo is 250 years old and still single. EVIL MAIZA.
Oooo . . . .so that's why that was shown in the preview. OMG!!! I so wanna see that! Fighting Firo always makes me excited xD

And if Maiza hurts Firo . . .evil Maiza xD Firo is too young-looking anywayz. Don't care about his age. It's still child-abuse xD Wahehehe.

Quote:
But sadly, we won't be having any new episodes for two weeks or maybe even more.>_>
That also happened to some other series like Romeo x Juliet but I still don't get the reason why showing of episodes get delayed/postponed lately x_x

But still . . .no baccano for next week??? TORTURE!!!! x_x This reminds me of waiting for months just for the last two episode of Code Geass . . .gaaahhh!!! x_x
Old 2007-08-22, 08:40   Link #120
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire-pyro View Post
I've downloaded the OP and ED singles . . . I love 'em *_* Especially the covers xD Mwahahaha! Firo!!! xD

Oooo . . . .so that's why that was shown in the preview. OMG!!! I so wanna see that! Fighting Firo always makes me excited xD

And if Maiza hurts Firo . . .evil Maiza xD Firo is too young-looking anywayz. Don't care about his age. It's still child-abuse xD Wahehehe.

That also happened to some other series like Romeo x Juliet but I still don't get the reason why showing of episodes get delayed/postponed lately x_x

But still . . .no baccano for next week??? TORTURE!!!! x_x This reminds me of waiting for months just for the last two episode of Code Geass . . .gaaahhh!!! x_x
The Baccano scan on the ED single looked so wonderful I immediately made it into an icon.XDD Hat!Firo=love.

I KNOW.;_; Poor Firo, having to live in a world where dangers of child-abuse surrounds you...*is smacked* Unless, he's 250 years old and still unmarried, I think he's probably the youngest character in the series. I'm going to make a Maiza vodoo doll if he dares to abuse Firo.>:EE (I even changed my signature to show that I care about 200 year old children being abused!;_; )

But still, I'm excited about the knife fight. We finally get to see Firo fight with a weapon he's good at.

And I did a bit of research, it turns out the Baccano! chinese novel 1 was supposed to be released last month, but something happened and it got delayed to who-knows-when.>_> Translations will have to wait.

The other day I saw a fanart depicting all the immortals in the series, and the numbers of immortals already exceeded my calculations.<_< Just how many people were in the 'incident'? BAD FIRO.

I can't stand Baccano being delayed for two weeks.;_; It has just become my new favorite series!

Tags
action, brains-base, crime, historical, shounen, supernatural