AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-11-27, 07:36   Link #4201
Peanutbutter

Yeah, I just found out Studio Gokumi is actually bringing a real Kansai-accent team rather than have others faking it.

Though it's really a disappointment we are getting rookies here.

Oh well, at least my Rinkai K-On reunion dream is still alive.

This week is practically over. I dun look forward to the next two VAs. Will anticipate next weeks'.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 09:49   Link #4202
Serperior

Oh, come on. Don't be like that. It's better to have Rookie VAs voice Himematsu

1) Budget - Since Himematsu, you know, it's better since rookies are probably less expensive
2) New Talent - It's funny that you mention K-On since before K-On, the VAs there are just rookies too. It's better to give them more chance.

That being said, I expected the "K-ON" dream team to be Miyamori. It just fits! Toyosaki - Shiro, Satou - Aislinn, Taketatsu - Kurumi, Kotobuki - Sae, Hikasa - Toyone
Serperior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 10:29   Link #4203
Requiem-x
The slacking one

So, there's a good chance the Atago sisters will be voiced by actual sisters, twins even, both of which have Kansai ben.

Why would anyone in the world be displeased about this? And if they do get both sisters, it will be obvious this is all intentional. And really, rookies deserve a chance. You never know who's gonna be the new big talent.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 13:41   Link #4204
tarajis
El Psy Congroo

I'll be placing my bet then... first place goes to Kiyosumi and the 2nd place will be Rinkai...

Kiyosumi will take first place again and they should take it with a bang... I'm expecting from Hisa great things this round... and Saki will be showing off some wicked abilities here... I think it's about time everybody realize who's the real monster in Side B... after this it will be the finals... I think it's the right time that everyone finds out who Saki really is... I mean I don't want the other schools in the finals to have the excuse that they didn't know who they're dealing with when it's late in the game and they realize that Saki is Teru's little sister... let the other schools know that there isn't just one Miyanaga monster but two....

Now, the reason why I choose Rinkai... the most important factor for me is the vanguard match specially the name Teru... last time Teru was on a leash... come finals, the beast will be unleashed... Kuro and Yuuki will be needing all the help they can get and I believe our resident Yakuza will be the best for the the job... their only objection will be to survive Teru and bring the game to the sergeant match... I would like to add with minimal point loss but we're talking about Teru here... I'm pretty sure it will be very, very messy...

Now, guys, your turn to bet...
tarajis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 14:49   Link #4205
King-Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsonal View Post
Himematsu' Hiroe Atago will be voiced by Satsumi Matsuda. She has a twin sister Risae Matsuda, and both participated as a unit in the 4th (2010) and 5th (2011) Animax Anisong Grand Prix (see coverage). Satsumi has a game voice role, but both are basically still rookies. I suspect that her Risae might be voicing Kinue, but we'll find out tomorrow.

I think the seiyuu are being picked for their Kansai dialects. So far, all three seiyuu come from the Kansai region (Hyogo, Osaka, etc.).
Now that is pretty cool if they decide to go with Risae. I don't think I've ever heard of real sisters voicing sisters in anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serperior View Post
Actually, that's really better than Senriyama's VAs. Senriyama's VAs are very cute but their Osakan accent is blatantly fake.

Therefore, it's good to have some real Osakans voice an Osaka-team.
I can never tell fake ones from the real ones. My ears must not be honed enough to distinguish one from the other.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 16:04   Link #4206
raincrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcorann View Post
Those are horrible, horrible odds for the out-of-universe section, night_sentinel. I wouldn't bet with you at all. Also, I have never seen that format for quoting odds before.
I think night's odds for out-of-universe seem about right. If you were some passerbyer checking out the match, you'd go with who's well known or who's got the history. All-star-team would probably be the stand out. The odds format is what the UK and places outside of the States use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarajis View Post
I'll be placing my bet then... first place goes to Kiyosumi and the 2nd place will be Rinkai...

Now, guys, your turn to bet...
I'm going to go with the opposite of that order...I'm going to bet that Rinkai comes out on top, and pretty hard. Kiyosumi always placing first doesn't really make them seem that exciting anymore. Like, wow, they killed everyone again! Great...

My personal choice would be for Himematsu to come through. I like Kyouko too much.
raincrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 19:34   Link #4207
Arcorann

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhazaru View Post
I think night's odds for out-of-universe seem about right. If you were some passerbyer checking out the match, you'd go with who's well known or who's got the history. All-star-team would probably be the stand out. The odds format is what the UK and places outside of the States use.
I was mainly referring to the payouts for Himematsu and Usuzan - we can do a lot better than 1.60 for Himematsu and 1.80 for Usuzan. Quoting odds at x-y is familiar to me but not in reversed order (so usually 6.00 should be 5-1).

Oh, and the Shinohayu 3 scanlation's out.
Arcorann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 20:12   Link #4208
King-Slayer

Chapters out.
Shino got third but gained an admirer and teammate in Kanna. She also made amends with Richardson. Finally I loved the final colored pages.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 21:30   Link #4209
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Ok, finally caught up with Shinohayu, and I'm loving it. Shino is just awesome: adorable, super straightforward (perfect match for Kanna), really feels like she goes all out in everything without looking like a moron in the process, really embodies the whole spirit of "mahjong is fun!" the series is all about, and is an awesome cook to boot. Can't blame Richardson for bragging about her Kanna IS Touka on steroids, which is awesome, and Hayari really IS a likable Nodoka, at least from what I've seen so far.

About the latest chapter, damn, Shino, those are a lot of points! Is her style to wait it out now till the biggest hit possible is available? And boy, that ending. Can those two be a canon couple now? Glad I caught up at this exact moment to see that. And to see Richardson become a likable character.

About the bets, everything on Rinkai for reasons previously explained: Only Batman can stand up to the champion.
Old 2013-11-27, 22:06   Link #4210
night_sentinel

Oh looks like Chapter 2 of Shinohayu is out? Better check it out then.

Anyway, I took the liberty of linking our bets in our social group. Chances are the result of the semi-finals will be not be out for months or even a year from now and the posts will be buried. So for future posterity! ^^

In case, you guys are wondering our social group is here.
http://forums.animesuki.com/group.php?groupid=906

It looks like I'm in good company though. Everyone seems to see a Kiyosumi-Rinkai finish. Of course, Ritz can troll us again and do something unexpected like in the Quarters. I wonder if anyone predicted that.
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 22:12   Link #4211
The Green One

A good chapter and quite a heartwarming one. Shino and her Uncle are finally seeing eye to eye now. Seems like the story's prologue is now finished.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 23:22   Link #4212
Marina2

Oh, Shino x Kanna pair is so cute.

Shino's a claim and strong person. She seems to be a type of player who will enjoy Mahjong game no matter she's winning or losing. She has confidence in her action and will to take a risk in order to win. These are good thing to have in the battle with Monster player.

Her Mahjong skill is average-good currently but we will see what she will develop into in her HS time.
Old 2013-11-27, 23:49   Link #4213
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
It looks like I'm in good company though. Everyone seems to see a Kiyosumi-Rinkai finish. Of course, Ritz can troll us again and do something unexpected like in the Quarters. I wonder if anyone predicted that.
You mean the hyper fetishzied team losing? I don't think anyone could've seen that one coming.
Old 2013-11-28, 00:02   Link #4214
teja208
Critical fanboy

Don't get me wrong, I really really want Rinkai to advance, but I'll be placing my bets on Usuzan.

Prediction of Side B Semi Outcome

First Place: Kiyosumi
Reasons:
I can’t see Kyouko’s plan to counter Saki working out smoothly. If anything, it could only serve to pressure Saki to do something scarier than what she did in the quarterfinals. After that everyone else is screwed more or less. Besides, Saki will mostly likely not forget to take off her socks this time.

Second Place: Usuzan
Reasons:
1. For the record, Ritz seems to favor in-universe unknown darkhorses like Kiyosumi and Achiga over well known top ranks seed teams such as Eisui and Shiraitodai. Usuzan is another example of darkhorse team in-universe.

2. Captain decides the match, I doubt anyone will broke before that. FunaQ said Usuzan captain is on a different league to the rest, it is likely their captain must have done something spectacular like turning the table on Rinkai during the quarterfinals i.e. Nelly probably mess up big time and getting her ass whooped. Of course, I really hope Nelly can make her comeback, but I'm still thinking it’s safer to bet Usuzan.

3. I know many of you, me included, want to have the fateful match between Teru and Satoha sooner than later, however even if Rinkai didn't make it, Satoha still get her chance for rematch in the individuals. Besides, Yuuki doesn't really need Satoha's aid, Hisa's master plan is more than enough for her to survive Teru's onslaught. Without the foreshadowing of the plan, I might've seriously considered they need Satoha presence in the finals.

4. This is more of a wide guess, but the fact that FunaQ assessment of Usuzan first three players being weak maybe be incorrect. It only coming from outsider’s standpoint. It's just that the first three players hadn't shown anything noteworthy. It's possible that Naruka has been keeping trump card hidden in her right eye, and she had been saving it for the time she face the Champion. I know this is partial wishful thinking, but it seems as though Ritz go all the way to make Achiga seems like underdog team in the quarterfinals only to have them beat Shiraitodai in the semis, I’m sensing the same pattern here.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-28, 00:11   Link #4215
arsonal
Saki Wiki Curator

It appears I was wrong about today, but I'm actually excited about this cast announcement.

Himematsu's Kinue Atago will be voiced by Mariko Nakatsu, who burst into the seiyuu scene in 2012 with a stellar performance in Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo as Nanami Aoyama. There's no doubt about her proficiency with the Kansai dialect as it was on full display in Sakurasou. I only wish she is voicing a more prominent character than Kinue because her seiyuu potential is definitely something to look out for.
arsonal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-28, 00:30   Link #4216
night_sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
You mean the hyper fetishzied team losing? I don't think anyone could've seen that one coming.
Yes. I believe that the team will go through with Kiyosumi would be Eisui, Miyamori and Himematsu. (in that order) Its actually the reason, I don't like the preview of Zenkoku in Achiga where they showed the teams that will fight in Side-B semis. The twist isn't so twisty anymore for anime only watchers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Don't get me wrong, I really really want Rinkai to advance, but I'll be placing my bets on Usuzan.

Prediction of Side B Semi Outcome

First Place: Kiyosumi

Second Place: Usuzan
Yey! Someone actually believes in the dark horses! If this result ever comes to pass, teja208 would be getting most of our pokedollars.

Quote:
It appears I was wrong, but I'm actually excited about today's cast announcement.

Himematsu's Kinue Atago will be voiced by Mariko Nakatsu, who burst into the seiyuu scene in 2012 with a stellar performance in Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo as Nanami Aoyama. There's no doubt about her proficiency with the Kansai dialect here as it was on full display in Sakurasou. I only wish she is voicing a more prominent character than Kinue because her seiyuu potential is something to look out for.
If I remember it right. Kinue has a lot of lines in the anime and Himematsu is going in the semi so she would also have a speaking role in the future. So no harm done. I think....

The only way she could be utilized more would be if she was going to voice, Kyouko, Hiroe or perhaps ... Kei. But, the individuals is like lightyears away.

And I'm seriously amazed at your voice recognition. I can't detect or hear any difference.
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-28, 00:47   Link #4217
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Yey! Someone actually believes in the dark horses! If this result ever comes to pass, teja208 would be getting most of our pokedollars.
Well even if I lost the bet, the fact of having Rinkai advancing is worthy enough for a reward to offset any payment, so it's win win situation for me. I will LAMO if Himematsu advances though.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-28, 07:13   Link #4218
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serperior View Post
That being said, I expected the "K-ON" dream team to be Miyamori. It just fits! Toyosaki - Shiro, Satou - Aislinn, Taketatsu - Kurumi, Kotobuki - Sae, Hikasa - Toyone
Hikasa is already voicing our Batman in the Sakiverse.

My wish list:

Satoha - Hikasa (confirmed)
Hao - Satomi Satou
Choe - Kotobuki Minako
Megan - Toyosaki Aki
Nelly - Taketatsu Ayana

Please let that be true.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-28, 07:41   Link #4219
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
It appears I was wrong about today, but I'm actually excited about this cast announcement.

Himematsu's Kinue Atago will be voiced by Mariko Nakatsu, who burst into the seiyuu scene in 2012 with a stellar performance in Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo as Nanami Aoyama. There's no doubt about her proficiency with the Kansai dialect as it was on full display in Sakurasou. I only wish she is voicing a more prominent character than Kinue because her seiyuu potential is definitely something to look out for.
Pity, but we still got kansai ben, so its all good. Also, Kinue got a couple of flashbacks, si she shoild more than enough speaking lines to satisfy you.
Old 2013-11-28, 08:15   Link #4220
tarajis
El Psy Congroo

Quote:

I can't really place my bet on any dark horses who doesn't have the benefit of being the main characters... I believe no non-main char dark horse ever had been successful in this franchise...

Let's see... let's start with Side A... the real dark horse and the only one there should be Achiga... but then again they're the main characters there so it's mostly certain that they will be advancing to the finals... nothing here really...

Nagano Prefectural Team Tournament... the dark horses are Kiyosumi and Tsuruga... but then again, Kiyosumi being the main char so Tsuruga is already doomed to fail...

Nagano Prefectural Individual Tournament... the dark horse is Kazue Nanpo... she is already at third place before the last game in the tournament... too bad for her she faced the resident bakemono in the last game... losing to Saki is almost certain she will fall in the ranking...

Side B Quarterfinal Round... the dark horses are Kiyosumi and Miyamori... I can't really be certain with Miyamori but I believe they aren't ranked high... again, Kiyosumi, automatic ticket to proceed... then Himematsu managed to survive...

Additional note... having big boobies is also not going to help either unless they are the main boobies in the series...

In the current Side B Semis... Usuzan together with Kiyosumi being the dark horses is not in a good situation at the moment... well, I could be wrong... as they say... there's always a first time, right?

How much is in the pot money right now anyway?
tarajis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri