AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-06-11, 23:56   Link #7261
Gravitas Free Zone

...yes?

The E-25 is also shoved in there...
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 00:22   Link #7262
Sumeragi
Banned

If Löwe ever gets preferable MM, I can see my win rate going up.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 00:26   Link #7263
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
If Löwe ever gets preferable MM, I can see my win rate going up.
I do think Löwe deserves one. WG seems to argue that as long as a premium tank's penetration is enough, it doesn't get preferential MM regardless of other factors. For me, Löwe fights quite uncomfortably at tier 10, even more so than FCM (when I silly platoon with regular tier 8s and get into tier 10 matches), which actually gets preferential MM on its own.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 00:35   Link #7264
Sumeragi
Banned

I actually do pretty well in Tier X battles, to the point I make a mint every time (although not necessary wins). Given that the Tier X battles are why my win rate are kept at around 51%, you can see what preferable MM would do for me.
Old 2013-06-12, 00:42   Link #7265
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Yeah. It would definitely make it more forgiving.

Still waiting for a tier 8 true medium premium tank. I'm not really enjoying the heavies just for the sake of credit grinding and would much prefer a medium. I don't have the Type 59 so I guess I'll have to wait for whatever comes out next.
Old 2013-06-12, 00:51   Link #7266
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiuakuna View Post
Still waiting for a tier 8 true medium premium tank.
I already know of one for 2014. Not sure about 2013.
Old 2013-06-12, 00:54   Link #7267
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I already know of one for 2014. Not sure about 2013.
Ouch. Hopefully I'd still be playing this game in 2014. Out of curiosity, what will it be?
Old 2013-06-12, 01:43   Link #7268
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
what do you mean?, you skip all the way to tier 10s from tier 1?

I've skipped tier 8 and 9 on the way to the Maus, I skipped Tier 7 - 9 on the T62A, i could skip tier 9 to the E100 if i wanted... but i think teh E100 and the JDPZE100 aren't worth free xping to, i've got the crommy unlocked, the brit td up to tier 4 or 5 unlocked, for arty i've only gone up the US and Germans up to tier 5. i have the IS 3 unlocked... i could prolly get the IS 7 if i wanted. Unlocked the chaffee all the way, but haven't bought it, skipped some of the tier 2s and 3s and 4s. I've got most of the US tech tree unlocked.
Purchased the Bat Chat 25T the first day it was released. I spent approx. 600,000 free exp on it it was a tier 9 back then, though.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 01:57   Link #7269
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
Purchased the Bat Chat 25T the first day it was released. I spent approx. 600,000 free exp on it it was a tier 9 back then, though.
Is that back when tanks were made of wood and wheels were square?
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 02:11   Link #7270
Sumeragi
Banned

Mow Yun is shorter than Sumeragi Onee-sama, as it turns out.

*Pets Mow Yun*
Old 2013-06-12, 08:08   Link #7271
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

They really need to sort out the chaffee's MM by limiting it to tier X not XII games or at least fix its acceleration, there are times when I'm in a top tier game where I seem to get spotted even before I've even laid eyes on anyone and often (especially on the more open maps) I get straight up one shot killed by someone outside my view range even while traveling at full tilt or especially when climbing hills.

It also has no chance against high tier lights and I'm often mauled by likes of the french AMX's and T71 who are just as quick, better armored and sport autoloaders.

It only really shines on urban maps as its high turn rate can help you dodge between buildings pretty easily but its high climb rate really causes it to struggle on any open maps especially now that it cant reverse at top speed like before 8.0 hit.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 08:33   Link #7272
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
They really need to sort out the chaffee's MM by limiting it to tier X not XII games or at least fix its acceleration, there are times when I'm in a top tier game where I seem to get spotted even before I've even laid eyes on anyone and often (especially on the more open maps) I get straight up one shot killed by someone outside my view range even while traveling at full tilt or especially when climbing hills.

It also has no chance against high tier lights and I'm often mauled by likes of the french AMX's and T71 who are just as quick, better armored and sport autoloaders.

It only really shines on urban maps as its high turn rate can help you dodge between buildings pretty easily but its high climb rate really causes it to struggle on any open maps especially now that it cant reverse at top speed like before 8.0 hit.
Scout matchmaking as a whole needs to be completely reworked, aside from a few really good tanks. It's outdated and many scouts have fallen in value to either power creep or the limitations of the newer physics engine. There is no need for the Pz38nA to see tier 8 matches, for one thing. Patch 8.6 "fixes" the matchmaking SPGs get; hopefully, scouts will get a similar treatment in the future.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 08:45   Link #7273
Gravitas Free Zone

There was a mention a little while ago that there would be at least some adjustment to scout MM, though it seemed more geared to making sure that one team didn't have a bunch of lights filling out a tier and the other team having mediums or heavies.

Meanwhile, speaking of scouting... things have clearly gone both very wrong and very right here.

Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 09:36   Link #7274
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
Is that back when tanks were made of wood and wheels were square?
Back the old days, we tankers clubbed each other to death with our barrels
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 10:02   Link #7275
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Lol mow mow, was it becus ammo was hard to buy? or was it waste to shoot at a tier 4 or 5? Speaking of wr mine is very slowly going up. but the games i play now on week days barely get past 10 sometimes.

Also i am half way to unlocking the t62a and i am pure gold on most of my tanks.
Old 2013-06-12, 13:10   Link #7276
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Well, I am 1/3 of the way in unlocking the T-62A. Once I get it, I will start grinding credits while having some serious fun with platoons!! Can't wait

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 13:45   Link #7277
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Idk Bout u but i've been look for a plat but everyone is doin their own thing or already have a full plat when i login.
Old 2013-06-12, 13:48   Link #7278
Tak

You did not even ask me for the past 3 nights!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2013-06-12, 13:50   Link #7279
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Cuz i am about to log off when you log on.
Old 2013-06-12, 16:03   Link #7280
Tak

Then its not my fault!

Anyway, I was just on between 12:40 ~ 1:45 PST, but you weren't.

Again not my fault!

- Tak

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks