AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2016-07-04, 00:28   Link #1721
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

I miss the pre Dragon Ball Super Days Goku honestly, Goku from Sayian to Cell Games he seemed mature and cares for his family and friends, even sacrificing his life realizing it's himself that's causing the earth more harm than good.

Than after the Buu saga Goku got really selfish and decided to leave his friends and family for years to train some random kid. After that it all went down hill for him.

I just don't understand the hate GT gets compared to this series, in my opinion it has far more faults than GT did. I mean fans complained about GT being all Goku and Pan but now it's Goku and Vegeta show, it's the same only Goku gets a new buddy.

Nothing's changed for other characters, besides Gohan who's gotten nerfed so bad in this series it's not even funny. No one besides Goku and Vegeta get to do a thing and in my opinion it's getting annoying.

Is it cuz it's supposed to be canon to the rest of the series? Meh, I don't get it.

Also yah, again don't get me started what they did to Goku's character in this series.

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-04, 01:05   Link #1722
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintokifan22 View Post
I miss the pre Dragon Ball Super Days Goku honestly, Goku from Sayian to Cell Games he seemed mature and cares for his family and friends, even sacrificing his life realizing it's himself that's causing the earth more harm than good.

Than after the Buu saga Goku got really selfish and decided to leave his friends and family for years to train some random kid. After that it all went down hill for him.

I just don't understand the hate GT gets compared to this series, in my opinion it has far more faults than GT did. I mean fans complained about GT being all Goku and Pan but now it's Goku and Vegeta show, it's the same only Goku gets a new buddy.

Nothing's changed for other characters, besides Gohan who's gotten nerfed so bad in this series it's not even funny. No one besides Goku and Vegeta get to do a thing and in my opinion it's getting annoying.

Is it cuz it's supposed to be canon to the rest of the series? Meh, I don't get it.

Also yah, again don't get me started what they did to Goku's character in this series.
well to be honest goku selfishness started near the end of dragon ball base and start of Z, when goku allow vegeta to escape to fight him later, then since that things just get worst overtime like he giving a fruit to cell and also in buu arc where also he could have did what f trunks did and instead of wait for buu to come he could just go and fast kill dabura and babidi, basically goku goes from a really nice kid (which was true heartwarm and friendly) to a selfh adult which just muscle brains in his head where his mind can only think about fight, eat and sleep, while the majority of peoples liked more the Z i really liked much more the original dragon ball before Z when goku and bulma where still kids the things where much more fun and more akira and shounen like with Z the things become too much "about battle" and the comedy and fun part of dragon ball started to get lost.

i think to be more precise the downfall of goku changing from a good hero to a selfisher battle maniac started when goku died for the first time in his fight against his brother, this was the last time we sall the true good goku, then when he meet the kayoshin to "train" was when his manic side for battles started to grow, and he started to leave his family behind to do trains with kayoshin, not was something fast the change was slow as Z phase goes making goku and vegeta exchanging personalities, as vegeta was learning to be a good person and love his family goku was losting his interest in family and "humanity" almost like dr. manhatan from watchman ofcourse he don't completely forget his "good side" but he become more interested in the fights than in protect the peoples until now where he can easy "bet peoples life" in battle as if he don't care over his choices.

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2016-07-04 at 01:43.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-04, 02:58   Link #1723
TCman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Trunks: He killed my family.
Goku: That is evil!
Trunks: He killed my possible only girlfriend.
Goku: Now, that is pure evil.
Trunks: He also massacre earthling and destroying the world.
Goku: I will avenge them for you.
Goku Black: Hi!
Goku: Hey, you look cool. Want to have a spar?
Goku Black: No problem. Let's do it. You are cool. I thought you are going to instant obliterated me with SSB.
Goku: Nah, I want a good fight.

Wow, I am completely forgot about Dragon Ball. Maybe it is because Shenlong had been treating like a joke in DBS....

in B4 SHenlong cannot restore time machine because Goku Black's generic ki blast is stronger than him.
Wishing back the time-machine would be a serious crime too, right? Since you helped someone who wants to travel through time with that time-machine. Shen Long would be punished for helping out Bulma & Co, probably sending Shen Long to Hell...
TCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-04, 14:18   Link #1724
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
YES! YES! YES! to Future Mai surviving.
Was really happy about that. She appears that much in the OP that there's no way she could be killed straight away. XD
Old 2016-07-04, 23:32   Link #1725
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Wait, so she's like a regular human and survives an attack from Black? I thought energy blasts kill people.

/inserts random fanwank to put her in some ungodly tier

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-05, 00:45   Link #1726
chaos_animagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Wait, so she's like a regular human and survives an attack from Black? I thought energy blasts kill people.

/inserts random fanwank to put her in some ungodly tier
"People die when hit by Energy Blast"

looks like that's proven false.
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-05, 01:46   Link #1727
DragonXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post

This may be what Whis mean by stuff which time ripples and the butterfly effect and that Mai was dead but the time ripples and butterfly effect make her come back to life. Just like this is most likey why there were 5 cyborgs(16-20), and that 17 and 18 was stronger then the ones in the future. All because of Trunk and Cell messing which time and I am starting to think that Xeno is going to be the biggest problem because remember messing which Time is a huge crime and he may get sick of Earth messing which Time and the last time something get him mad he destory 6 universe.

What if it was because Earth was messing which time that in rage Xeno enough to destory 6 random universe and Black Goku is trying to get justice for his universe that was destory because of Earth messing which Time?
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-05, 04:55   Link #1728
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post

i think to be more precise the downfall of goku changing from a good hero to a selfisher battle maniac started when goku died for the first time in his fight against his brother, this was the last time we sall the true good goku, then when he meet the kayoshin to "train" was when his manic side for battles started to grow, and he started to leave his family behind to do trains with kayoshin, not was something fast the change was slow as Z phase goes making goku and vegeta exchanging personalities, as vegeta was learning to be a good person and love his family goku was losting his interest in family and "humanity" almost like dr. manhatan from watchman ofcourse he don't completely forget his "good side" but he become more interested in the fights than in protect the peoples until now where he can easy "bet peoples life" in battle as if he don't care over his choices.
Goku in DBZ was the gentle giant and thats why despite Goku being the main character people were drawn to Vegeta. Goku was strong but he was incredibly soft and that weakness ultimately ruined DBZ. That and the fact that IMO the villains after Frieza were just bad villians.

The problem is Vegeta's gentle side really only showed up two times. When Vegeta thought Trunks was dead against cell and just before nuking himself against basic Buu. his reality check was a good thing but the gentle side is new. And frankly the gentle vegeta is probably one of the worst aspects of what is already a pretty bad series.
DB Super takes place chronologically between the end of Buu and before GT which to me is tricky if you think about it

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-05, 06:57   Link #1729
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post

She didn't even get hit by it, the explosion knocked her back.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-07, 15:06   Link #1730
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-07, 22:55   Link #1731
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
It's all in the family.
Old 2016-07-08, 00:14   Link #1732
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Vegeta's family is the best
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-09, 23:29   Link #1733
Parry999

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Goku in DBZ was the gentle giant and thats why despite Goku being the main character people were drawn to Vegeta. Goku was strong but he was incredibly soft and that weakness ultimately ruined DBZ. That and the fact that IMO the villains after Frieza were just bad villians.

The problem is Vegeta's gentle side really only showed up two times. When Vegeta thought Trunks was dead against cell and just before nuking himself against basic Buu. his reality check was a good thing but the gentle side is new. And frankly the gentle vegeta is probably one of the worst aspects of what is already a pretty bad series.
DB Super takes place chronologically between the end of Buu and before GT which to me is tricky if you think about it
Goku the dude who only lets people live so they can get stronger and fight him later gentle the same guy who all must killed a kaioshin for trying to get in his way from fighting vegeta yeah no. Vegeta Accepting his love for his wife and kids is the most logical growth for his character. His still pretty much an asshole anyway. Freeza out of the orginal series villains is by far the must over rated IMO. Super takes place between the 10 year gap of buu and z if toei and toriyama even consider gt still a thing is probably just another timeline like it is in xenoverse.
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-09, 23:41   Link #1734
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post

I think that Vegeta is fine, Is a good character development in...14 years? If he had no development, that would be bad. Goku on the other hand...smack his head in a crater when he was a kid
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-09, 23:51   Link #1735
Parry999

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
I think that Vegeta is fine, Is a good character development in...14 years? If he had no development, that would be bad. Goku on the other hand...smack his head in a crater when he was a kid
Supers already nerfed his Intelligence to team four star levels you want to make him dumber XD?
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 00:41   Link #1736
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
in B4 SHenlong cannot restore time machine because Goku Black's generic ki blast is stronger than him.
Yeah, I think people tend to forget that the wishes Shenron can grant are dependent on the power of the dragon balls' creator (in this case, the original Kami). That said, it might just be that the dragon balls just aren't available to be used when Trunks came back.

Quote:
I just don't understand the hate GT gets compared to this series, in my opinion it has far more faults than GT did.
Hate to say, but this is basically nostalgia filter at work, as GT was terribly inconsistent, and what's more changed tack halfway through its run thanks to Baby. And let's not go into how it treated Pan.
Old 2016-07-10, 01:36   Link #1737
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parry999 View Post
Goku the dude who only lets people live so they can get stronger and fight him later gentle the same guy who all must killed a kaioshin for trying to get in his way from fighting vegeta yeah no. Vegeta Accepting his love for his wife and kids is the most logical growth for his character. His still pretty much an asshole anyway. Freeza out of the orginal series villains is by far the must over rated IMO. Super takes place between the 10 year gap of buu and z if toei and toriyama even consider gt still a thing is probably just another timeline like it is in xenoverse.
buu is the last arc from Z.

Z arcs order:
1 - sayans introduction arc: goku brother and vegita
2 - freeza arc: freeza and his army
3 - cel arc: androids 17 and 18 introduction and cel
4 - dead world tournament: a little missed arc where goku learned the fusion and SS3 form
5 - Buu : majin buu introduction and goten introduction.

super come after this in the mean time before gt comes and after buu, when pan was still in gohan wife womb and goes until her birth, this means before gt events even if they from a alternative universe, super still comes after the Z finish being a new serie in this case super.

and about goku gentle indeed during the Z phase goku already started did a lot of "bad decisions" and display his "sayan traits" of being a "warrior race which value battles over many things, like i told what probably triggered his "lust for battles" was his first death at the ending of his battle with his brother where he goes to train with the kayoshin for the first time and this make him become a "battle addicted".
Old 2016-07-10, 04:08   Link #1738
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
super come after this in the mean time before gt comes and after buu, when pan was still in gohan wife womb and goes until her birth, this means before gt events even if they from a alternative universe, super still comes after the Z finish being a new serie in this case super.
No he's actually right that Super ist still inside Z's final.
Remember that Z did make a timeskip after Kid Buu's defeat and showed Pan taking part in the tournament and introduced Uub as another contestant (Who we heard in Super was just born).
Old 2016-07-10, 04:51   Link #1739
Peanutbutter

Spoiler for Ep 51:
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 08:28   Link #1740
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Trunks pedo powers has reached over 9000! lol jp

looks like they'll be dragging this out a bit while the time machine gets repaired.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, dragon ball z, shounen, super powers, tragedy