AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2018-01-21, 06:05   Link #81
csuree
The Most Hated™

the next will be in May, the other further along the line, but it shows promise.
Old 2018-01-21, 07:15   Link #82
SidVicious
Anime addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
300 meter and over 100k Tonnes, that is impressive. but hey, they know a working tactic to kill godzilla, even if without atomic breath it devastated everything.
loved the tailswipe, and the roar. instead of king he should become GOD of destruction.

You meant the poster shot from the 2014 movie???
Yes. Loved that part.
Old 2018-01-21, 09:17   Link #83
LG-MAX 2.o

is incredible as at least here in Brazil many people who do not see animes hated the movie, and many did not know that it will be a trilogy.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-21, 12:03   Link #84
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I've watched it. So, they spent almost the entire first movie fighting Junior eh?

Well, this is goddamn Urobuchi that writes the script so i fully expect a twist or surprise at the end, and Urobuchi did not disappoint.

Overall, I like the movie but I'm completely understand all the criticism that people throw at Monster Planet. The movie is so exposition and technical-jargon heavy to the point where the human characters are drowned in the sea of scientific factoids uttered by everyone with speaking roles. It's really like the worse version of the first episode of Fate/Zero. No wonder people are reportedly bored to sleep during the initial hour or so. You need great and appealing characters to carry a movie when Godzilla is not around. For example, Godzilla 2014 had Brian Cranston's character (and some Ken Watanabe) who really carries the movie until the major appearance of MUTO. Here, the technical mumbo-jumbo is more of a character in itself than many of the human characters. As for MC being annoying and easy to hate, it seems some people who said it opted for the English dub coz they hate subtitles and the English dub is rumored to be not as good as the Japanese dub, so people dislike the character even more. Is it true though? I didn't bother to crosscheck.
Old 2018-01-22, 18:16   Link #85
n0m@n
C-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
More 2 movies.
Oh nice. Thanks! Happy that there will be more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
the next will be in May, the other further along the line, but it shows promise.
Thanks for the info. Wow, its coming soon then. Sweet.
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-22, 23:22   Link #86
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
More 2 movies.
So Godzilla has a chance to fully extinguish those human parasites. They try to land on the planet and the first thing they do is burn a forest.

Less than 6,000 combatants left.
Old 2018-01-23, 00:37   Link #87
WyrdMonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
So Godzilla has a chance to fully extinguish those human parasites. They try to land on the planet and the first thing they do is burn a forest.

Less than 6,000 combatants left.
I take it we have Kaiju cultists among us.
WyrdMonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-23, 22:34   Link #88
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Has anyone posted the Godzilla size comparison? If not, here you go:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2018-01-24, 11:17   Link #89
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TemhotaTech View Post
I take it we have Kaiju cultists among us.
All hail Godzilla, God of Destruction, Protector of the New Earth!

Purge all humans from this world!
Old 2018-01-24, 12:02   Link #90
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I thought of waiting until all movies were out before watching it, but in the end I couldn't resist.

It was a pretty solid movie, and a nice different take on Godzilla. I thought it was weird that two different alien civilizations suddenly showed up to help humans, but I figure the religious ones waited until Godzilla showed up on purpose.

And by the looks of the after credits scene, it looks like a third alien faction settled on Earth while the others were away, unless they're humans that somehow managed to survive this long.
Old 2018-01-24, 22:03   Link #91
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I thought of waiting until all movies were out before watching it, but in the end I couldn't resist.

It was a pretty solid movie, and a nice different take on Godzilla. I thought it was weird that two different alien civilizations suddenly showed up to help humans, but I figure the religious ones waited until Godzilla showed up on purpose.

And by the looks of the after credits scene, it looks like a third alien faction settled on Earth while the others were away, unless they're humans that somehow managed to survive this long.

Well if the current human inhabitants aren't having problems, then the human invaders should learn to coexist with Godzilla imo.

Godzilla = Counter Force (Nasuverse definition)
Old 2018-01-25, 00:42   Link #92
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Has anyone posted the Godzilla size comparison? If not, here you go:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
One would have thought they would have him dwarf the Tokyo Skytree or the Burj Khalifa already
Old 2018-01-25, 00:47   Link #93
WyrdMonger

^if they are human descendants, which is most likely, I wouldn't be surprised if they worshipped big G and be opposed to any plan to kill him. Not that they can stop Space Eren.
WyrdMonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-25, 12:22   Link #94
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by TemhotaTech View Post
^if they are human descendants, which is most likely, I wouldn't be surprised if they worshipped big G and be opposed to any plan to kill him. Not that they can stop Space Eren.
Yep, Haruo is dead set on killing Godzilla and I doubt anything is going to change his mind. That's all he's been thinking about for 20 years. Perhaps it won't turn into an outright civil war, but it's likely the old humans and the new humans will oppose each other, with the new humans being backed by the Exif.
Old 2018-01-26, 15:10   Link #95
bakato

The bangs on that girl look like leaves. On another note, how would they know Godzilla had powerful regenerative abilities if they never managed to scratch him?
Old 2018-01-29, 18:25   Link #96
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters is the 32nd Godzilla film, the 30th Godzilla movie produced by Toho, and the first foray into anime for the franchise. Apparently nobody had the idea to make a Godzilla anime despite "Godzilla" and "anime" being in close proximity to each other for the longest time, but that's neither here nor there

The story goes that one day, giant monsters suddenly appeared on Earth and started cleaning house. And cities. And countries. And pretty much entire continents. Humanity somehow managed to fight off the appearance of kaiju after kaiju, until Godzilla himself emerged from who knows where and started obliterating everything from man to monster, pretty much taking the planet for himself or at least became the planet's overlord. Because of this, humanity is forced into space to search for another habitable planet, but the futility of their efforts forces them back to Earth where thousands of years have passed

From there, the story is "kill Godzilla and take back the planet." In terms of how much there there is in this film, there isn't a lot. It's a straight shot from point A to point B without an A-1, A-2, or A-4. It unfortunately means we don't get much in terms of character personalities, and the way the story is set, you'd be hard-pressed to have a swathe of expression without being incongruous to the mood. Which is actually the strongest point about this anime

Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters graciously keeps the humor to zero and isn't afraid to be sincere. It fires on all cylinders and avoids the failings of many dark anime. It's hopeless without being depressing, serious without being dry, and terrifying without being shocking. No, don't reread that because I meant what I said. Godzilla is an inherently hard creature not to idolize in terms of awe and spectacle, the number of films where he's genuinely scary can be counted on one hand; this movie is in their number. A combination of wide angle sweeps, low-angle shots, bone crunching sound design, and Gen Urobuchi's writing make every moment where Godzilla is on-screen just uncomfortable to watch; you root for the humans in this movie, which almost never happens

And for capturing what so few of his films have done alone, Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters is most definitely worth checking out. I can't say the human characters are little more than a vehicle to move the plot, but we're not traversing Earth anymore; we're exploring a planet of monsters

P.S.: giant monsters invade home, forces humanity into exile, and now humanity wants to take back what's theirs and angry boy wants to kill all monsters Godzilla...

sie sind das essen und wir sind die kaiju?
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-29, 23:31   Link #97
B214

And after beating Godzilla prime. Turns out there is now 1000 of the Godzilla they beaten in this movie.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-14, 07:18   Link #98
LG-MAX 2.o

new art

The official website for the Godzilla anime film trilogy revealed that the second film in the trilogy, Godzilla: Kessen Kidō Zōshoku Toshi (Godzilla: The City Mechanized for the Final Battle), will open on May 18 in Japan.
Old 2018-03-19, 17:08   Link #99
LG-MAX 2.o

NEW VISUAL

Old 2018-03-19, 17:10   Link #100
Galaxian

Still not feeling MechaG's design. Hopefully once we get a clear full view it will be better.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote