AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-04-07, 15:24   Link #181
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Some kind of collaboration is coming between Yurucamp and Fuji-Q Highland, an amusement park located in Fujiyoshida, Yamanashi Prefecture.

Info here.

The campaign will take place from April 28 through May 27.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-09, 23:17   Link #182
Mistyclear

Yuru Camp special out! Features the creation of the club.

Last edited by Mistyclear; 2018-04-11 at 00:28.
Mistyclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-19, 00:06   Link #183
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

How faithful is Yuru Camp to real life? The answer is: too faithful. The idea of doing an armchair tour of all of the places visited in Yuru Camp has been on my mind for some time, and I've finally gotten around to putting all of the places together in a mini-series.
  1. Part One
  2. Part Two
  3. Part Three
Old 2018-06-18, 13:09   Link #184
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I love bearing good news. Depending on how you see it, I'm one or the other today: Yuru Camp has a beach episode style OVA to be included with the third home release volume.
Old 2018-06-18, 21:42   Link #185
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Those stills don't look too terrible, as beach episodes go...
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-19, 07:08   Link #186
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

More Yuru Camp is always good news.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-19, 07:41   Link #187
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Didn't Nadeshiko ask Rin if they could go to the ocean together someday at some point? Or maybe it was Rin who did? Either way, this might not be so out of nowhere as one might think, and besides, camping at the beach is a thing, and that gives yuru camp much better of an excuse than most series have to whip out the swimsuits.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-22, 17:46   Link #188
jal90

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
Those stills don't look too terrible, as beach episodes go...
I checked the stills and found one confirming that the episode is saved:

Either way, "Yuru Camp makes a beach episode" shouldn't raise any alarm bell at this point. The series has handled multiple hot spring sequences before. It went fine. These stills here look anything but exploitative.
jal90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-22, 18:32   Link #189
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Some folks are a little worried about what it could be, but knowing the series, it's going to be like Survivorman in the Pacific Islands. I'm looking forwards to this.
Old 2018-06-23, 15:23   Link #190
alex_drian

I'm not exactly pro of the fanservice, but I really thing that some shows deserve their beach episode, as a breather after achieve their objective or simply for fun, this would be one of them. And more, a beach episode in a CGDCT or anime with a female cast is almost tradition, mixing a little with their habit usual premise and we have tons of fun.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-24, 05:10   Link #191
ices
Working Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jal90 View Post
Wow, those were flat... the plank I mean
ices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-28, 17:32   Link #192
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

The plank has a definite curvature to it from where I'm standing, but Chiaki is TRUE LEVEL.
Old 2018-06-29, 04:02   Link #193
jal90

Aoi and Chiaki confirmed for polar girlfriends.

I watched the second special, by the way. Very funny and cute, and it's growing on me even more. I'm always amazed at how smooth and effortless the comedic execution of this show seems every time.

The Inuyama sisters were a lot of fun in this short. Akari is older than I first thought.
Old 2018-07-12, 22:50   Link #194
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Definitely a fun OVA: I suppose that Crying Nadeshiko Noises are a thing now, too
Old 2018-07-15, 18:03   Link #195
jal90

Those subs were absolutely fantastic. We need that for every display of Nadeshiko noises in the series.

By the way, I like how at the end of the OVA Nadeshiko drops it and just plays along with the joke, texting the real Rin-chan to ask who is the real Rin-chan. These girls love banter so much and I like how Nadeshiko ends up getting and following the vibe instead of being just the recipient of the joke.
Old 2018-08-14, 11:43   Link #196
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Zenith View Post
Some folks are a little worried about what it could be, but knowing the series, it's going to be like Survivorman in the Pacific Islands. I'm looking forwards to this.
Finished watching the OVA, and I nailed it so hard, I wonder if the producers for Yuru Camp read my blog and then ran with the idea.

Quote:
I checked the stills and found one confirming that the episode is saved.
The OVA was saved before we even saw it coming, from the looks of it: this is a beach episode to end all beach episodes! Fanservice isn’t even a concern, it’s simply five girls in place of experienced outdoorsman Les Stroud, doing what they can to survive on an island, in the manner the girls are accustomed to, after their plane goes down en route to Australia for some winter camping. Granted, some liberties are taken, but these are so minor it's nitpicking – the OVA overall was such a joy to watch
Old 2018-08-15, 20:38   Link #197
jal90

Oh yeah, I watched it a while ago. And it's indeed a joy to watch... clearly my least favorite of these OVAs though.

Perhaps it was the implausibility of the scenario in the context of the series, but I felt like the OVA was trying too hard to remind me that it was still Yuru Camp. It was filled with references to the series and some of its memorable moments, but on its own I didn't feel it brought much. Some good jokes, a fine narrative, but to me it was more referential than standalone.

The bikini scenes are a quite blatant middle finger to the concerns about fanservice, considering that they were short, irrelevant and played as a collection of little frozen stills in a major narrative about survival and bananas. The series (the whole franchise it seems) is kind of taking this whole idea of detaching from fanservice quite seriously.

So yeah, not a favorite but I had a good time for sure and as safe as always. It was cool and fun and another 12 minutes with these wonderful characters, so I can't complain. And like everything Yuru Camp, it grows in my mind quite a lot.
Old 2018-08-15, 21:38   Link #198
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

I doubt the OVA is canonical, and believe it to be more of a "what-if" situation: that island they wind up on is a probable stand-in for Hatsushima, and considering that the series has adhered to real-world locations very faithfully in its original run, I am inclined to believe that Nadeshiko and the others' misadventures here are purely meant to take the concept of camping and do a twist on it.

Watch as a potential season two completely disregarding this OVA and resuming right where things of the first season left off
Old 2018-08-16, 16:53   Link #199
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
The bikini scenes are a quite blatant middle finger to the concerns about fanservice, considering that they were short, irrelevant and played as a collection of little frozen stills in a major narrative about survival and bananas. The series (the whole franchise it seems) is kind of taking this whole idea of detaching from fanservice quite seriously.
The real middle finger for me is that they had Aoi, the most stacked character, wearing a T shirt and not a bikini top. It's just not right!

I liked this OVA, but it was a little too eccentric for a series that is so down to Earth. But as Infinite Zenith said, it's most likely not canonical, and it was very fun so whatever.
Old 2018-08-17, 16:24   Link #200
jal90

Oh, of course, I don't count it as canon either. A pretty wacky canon it would be.

Anyway, I guess my issues are similar to yours, Kanon. The eccentric premise was distracting.

Tags
camping, manga time kirara