AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-10-06, 21:44   Link #21
eternal

i like this one,though i haven't watched kiddy grade yet,it must be something kiddy grade for sure
eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-06, 23:37   Link #22
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Sei also looks like a younger Armbrust/Armblast from Kiddy Grade, and...

Spoiler for Kiddy Grade:

Old 2004-10-07, 03:35   Link #23
Kensuke

No wonder that Michiru (girl with long purple hair) sounded familar, her seiyuu is Tamura Yukari (Ichigo Morino in Onegai Teacher).
One more title to follow, but I really hope that this has somekind of plot and not just fanservice.

There seems to be trend of shoujo-ai (like YamiBoushi, Kannazuki no Miko, Mai Hime and Maria-sama) in recent animes... not that I'm complaining.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 18:09   Link #24
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
The fanservice made me think of YamiBou too... probably because it was distracting from the great storyline in that anime. We'll see if this one is also good, so far it has gotten me interested enough to see more.

Which direction d'y'all think the anime will go in? Darkness like Naru Taru, or more of a happy fantasy world? So far there hasn't been anything specifically ominous besides the spooky dark-haired woman, ne? The ending about "summer assignment" makes me hope for something happier.

BGM is great too, that's a big plus for me.

-k
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 21:40   Link #25
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

I think it'll take the Naru Taru twist, especially since that strange woman keeps talking about "the trials." Hopefully it works out. I see this as a very promising anime.

I don't really know why people keep complaining about fanservice in anime. If an anime has a great plot and fanservice, if one doesn't like it it's simple to ignore it. That's just how I see it, I'm not trying to start a flame war or anything.
Old 2004-10-07, 23:34   Link #26
bluemist
i am the mist

I think Ichika's parents and tutors know something about her fate...

...but what fate is it? Is she going to battle some kind of dark powers with her 'power-of-the sun thingy?

Manatsu said: "Sorry for lying"... I knew it! She's gonna get Ichika's soul! hehehe... nah.
Old 2004-10-08, 16:37   Link #27
Melty Snow
<3 WoW undead girls

Hmmm the panty shots did not invoke me the same feel most panty shots do. They felt more obligatory, like she falls down and I think "She fell down in a position which I should be able to see panties. Yep, there they are. Time to move on." I guess its the tone of the anime that kills the panty shot.
I like the ED theme.
Melty Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 17:13   Link #28
mayukhers112
Mahou Shonen

Thanks to Miwa's Anime Blog, this is an instant watch for me! I hope this one's good...
Oh, yeah...And someone just mentioned the transformation...yaay!
mayukhers112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 23:27   Link #29
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukhers112
Thanks to Miwa's Anime Blog, this is an instant watch for me! I hope this one's good...
Oh, yeah...And someone just mentioned the transformation...yaay!
Yeah! Many of us wouldn't be here without having first seen a magical girl anime like CCS or Sailor Moon. The fanservice during the transformation seemed less annoying to me than the panty shots, I guess it can be called unavoidable in such situations.

(and by the way Sailor Mercury is my girlfriend, don't any of y'all even LOOK at her )

-k

curious
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 00:06   Link #30
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

You're right Kempis. I would most likely not be watching anime right now if I had not gotten hooked on the DiC dub of Sailor Moon that aired on YTV all those years ago... One of my very first anime experiences. It also gave me an appreciation for mahou shoujo anime.
Old 2004-10-09, 01:45   Link #31
Spyderz

dont really like this show...its just run-of-the-mill plus plain boring
i forwarded like three times and it was still boring
compared to the wave of series that have arrived and i have watched,im definitely skipping this
Spyderz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 04:50   Link #32
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
This anime's sole purpose is to show off panties worn by kids.
Old 2004-10-09, 08:40   Link #33
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2
hehehe. I wouldn't go so far as to say that. I think they were shooting for far more than showing off young kid's underwear. I swear at least once (unless those were uber, uber tight form fitting spandex panties) that there WERE no panties on a couple of those girls. I just won't say which. Plus the transformation shot?? OMG, I just about gagged when I saw that. I don't like ecchi in anime, but interestingly enough, the ecchi is decently well done, but the story is quickly tanking hardcore. I'm a firm believer in the 3-5 rule. Since the first episode didn't outright turn me off I'm going to give this series at least 2 more episodes to either impress me or it will find itself in the bit bucket. Bummer too, cause the charecters are kinda cute.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 10:07   Link #34
7thMethuselah

I seem to be one of the few that didn't like the first episode. I hated the squeeky main character, a real crybaby if you ask me, then there is the annoying fanservice, it's more a loli show than anything else. So far we haven't got a clue yet about the plot. And they spent half the episode cleaning.... I'm gonna give this one more episode and that's it I guess.
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 11:10   Link #35
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Well, now that I think about it, you're right. It did have a very loli nature to it. I guess I was in too much shock and horror from the bad storyline (or was there one at all??) that I didn't really pay attention to that. And I take back what I said about the well done ecchi. After thinking about it more, post shock period, the fanservice and ecchi were actually poorly done and totally unnessisary.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 14:21   Link #36
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Well, Episode 2 RAW is out jsut for everyone's info.

I think I'll pass on it this time.
Old 2004-10-14, 06:46   Link #37
Korb
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Korb Send a message via AIM to Korb Send a message via MSN to Korb
You know, I seem to remember the first episode of Kiddy Grade (which as previously mentioned, does have ties to this series) was heavy on the fanservice, but really did tone down after the first 1 or 2 episodes. As with Kiddy Grade, I think the fanservice in the first episode of Uta-Kata is just a hook to pull in viewers. I bet it decreases from here on out.

IMO, getting a look at some panties or a nipple doesn't ruin a series from the story perspective. Some of you need to lighten up. I bet your heads exploded when Janet Jackson had her "costume malfunction." At least that was real.

Continued fanservice or not, I'll be following this series.
Korb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 06:51   Link #38
iczelion74
Lost Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korb
You know, I seem to remember the first episode of Kiddy Grade (which as previously mentioned, does have ties to this series) was heavy on the fanservice, but really did tone down after the first 1 or 2 episodes. As with Kiddy Grade, I think the fanservice in the first episode of Uta-Kata is just a hook to pull in viewers. I bet it decreases from here on out.

IMO, getting a look at some panties or a nipple doesn't ruin a series from the story perspective. Some of you need to lighten up. I bet your heads exploded when Janet Jackson had her "costume malfunction." At least that was real.

Continued fanservice or not, I'll be following this series.
Man RAW has been out for 4 days now and no sub , Im dying to see episode 2.
iczelion74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 18:30   Link #39
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma
You're right Kempis. I would most likely not be watching anime right now if I had not gotten hooked on the DiC dub of Sailor Moon that aired on YTV all those years ago... One of my very first anime experiences. It also gave me an appreciation for mahou shoujo anime.
Luckily, I didn't have such an atrocity like the DiCk dub to suffer through
The German dub back then was uncensored and even had decent VAs. Add to that young girls in short skirts - enough to get hooked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2
Really!? Cool! *adds Uta-Kata to must-watch list*
Lina Inverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 19:56   Link #40
Rotweiler

Panties or no panties, this anime is boring. So I can't find any redeeming qualities whatsoever with it.
Rotweiler is offline   Reply With Quote