AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-06-29, 15:22   Link #321
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post
The one thing that really baffles me is the named other idol who stated she wanted to go see B Komachi perform. Mana. She has her scene, and then is never shown the rest of the episode.

(I know they cut it from the anime, but why leave in her introduction at all?)

Wasn't that to show just how strong an impact Ruby had on her that a veteran who couldn't keep up with them decided to walk out of the life and find her own happiness?
Old 2023-06-29, 17:39   Link #322
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
There is total bias on my part. But I'm surprised that Akane is as hostile as she is. People can hold grudges, but it feels a bit much. Her career has been the one skyrocketing for years now. One heck of a grudge she's holding from when they were much younger. I'm mostly fine with it since it does add to the story. They are going to be rivals on several levels (professional, personal, and romantic). The hostility here is perfectly setting up how serious things are going to get. Both playing roles that will just further facilitate their rivalry.
Both Akane and Kana have reasons to believe their own career has had setbacks while envying the other person for having talents that they lack themselves.

Akane's career wasn't "skyrocketing", she was only good at traditional theater acting on a stage. The entire reason why she was on the reality dating show was to expand outside of her niche. She didn't have any charisma herself, which is why she struggled on the dating show until Aqua supported her and got her to pretend being Ai.

Meanwhile, Kana clearly has the charm, charisma, and tenacity to survive in the entertainment industry, but there are people like Akane who are far better at getting into their roles than she is.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-29, 17:53   Link #323
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
It is good too that Kana found her second wind in the concert before finding that out. The willpower to chase what she wants and at least win Aqua's heart in whatever way she could considering the situation. With Aqua you never know how many layers there are to his actions. I'm sure on some level he knows if Kana stumbles the whole group will so firing her up was important for the sake of Ruby's dreams. But I can't imagine he's not a fan at all of Kana and lied about everything. So I'm sure there was a legitimate desire to boost Kana up for her own sake and he did develop into a pretty legitimate idol fanatic in his previous life .
The scene on the balcony (when he was dressed up as Peiyon) where he revealed he knew all sorts of things about Kana when she didn't even tell anyone else shows he's interested in her and pays a lot of attention to her.
Old 2023-06-29, 18:00   Link #324
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post
There is undoubtedly more going on in their prior history than we've been shown thus far. You don't get 'shaking with rage' when "She" shows up without some formative event that deeply scarred both parties.
Considering Kana's personality I could totally see her having been really rude and dismissive of Akane's talents when they were kids and that really upset Akane.
Old 2023-06-30, 11:12   Link #325
sa547
*Author

I just came back for the first time in years, because I stumbled on the show out of curiosity and why the OP song smashed its way into the global charts.

Suffice to say after devouring the whole show and the manga in about three days, it was a stunning tour de force. A scathing indictment packaged as an animated drama.

Also... some aspects of the story and characters seem to be shoutouts to Monster.

BTW:

Last edited by sa547; 2023-06-30 at 22:46.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-30, 12:33   Link #326
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

The 2D idol animation in the final episode was great. Overall a very well done adaptation, S2 was basically guaranteed.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-01, 22:01   Link #327
Alchemist007
*Author

I'm giving it a bit of a bump up because of Kana and Akane's stories (mostly Kana because feels like Akane had like 2.5ep of real screentime). I wish the narrative was more focused and there wasn't such a macguffin of a murder mystery that's barely a thing as far as the plot goes. Still would've been better if Ai lived and was the focus.

Hopefully the future arcs will bring everyone up to Kana's level, Akane just needed more screentime and Memcho isn't far behind either. Ruby has catching up to do and Aqua...is Aqua.

8/10
Old 2023-07-02, 11:35   Link #328
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Considering Kana's personality I could totally see her having been really rude and dismissive of Akane's talents when they were kids and that really upset Akane.
In anime perspective, Kana is tsundere.

The writer seems to know, or pretend to know, about something about entertainment industry. Kana was a brat due to her early year success. Her series of career failures turns her into bitter job seeker. She recognizes Aqua's talent. Her admiration to Aqua turns to an unrequited love.

I have some theory that the anime is based on real life actresses. Some fan notes Kana's story is similar to a certain child actor. The manga artist of Kodomo no Momocha mentioned that one of her best childhood friend is a child actress. She mentioned that her childhood friend had a lot of boyfriends. However, she didn't use those materials in her manga.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-03, 18:37   Link #329
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
In anime perspective, Kana is tsundere.

The writer seems to know, or pretend to know, about something about entertainment industry. Kana was a brat due to her early year success. Her series of career failures turns her into bitter job seeker. She recognizes Aqua's talent. Her admiration to Aqua turns to an unrequited love.

I have some theory that the anime is based on real life actresses. Some fan notes Kana's story is similar to a certain child actor. The manga artist of Kodomo no Momocha mentioned that one of her best childhood friend is a child actress. She mentioned that her childhood friend had a lot of boyfriends. However, she didn't use those materials in her manga.
The characters are based on multiple IRL showbiz personalities, as well as some controversial incidents, notably in Episode 6 and 7. It is known that not all child actors are able to move on easily, as their egos get inflated early on until at some point they either have to repackage themselves or get out of the game.

In addition to what is clearly some intense research involved (i.e. the telephone game where creatives have to contend with the frustrating pecking order just to change things), the mangaka also based his experiences while having Kaguya-sama adapted for animation, especially the complex processes involved.

Last edited by sa547; 2023-07-03 at 18:38. Reason: corrections
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-21, 14:44   Link #330
Huh...?

Off-Topic but still related i guess

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
idol, showbiz, supernatural