Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-08-02, 19:18   Link #41
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
Popular VPNs IP blocks are known, and a lot of services just blanket block the whole ranges. What I did back in the day was to rent a cheap VPS and use that as a proxy.
I was eventually able to get it to work by clearing my cache and changing the location to another city.

Quote:
Good episode. I liked the faces Shalltear makes, esp when Ainz is like yea, she's my master lol. If I were Ainz I'd be hard pressed to not walk up and run my hands along her dress. Not just for what would likely be a hilarious reaction, but I'd be like WTH is making your dress always poof out so round like that? I see pictures from back in the day when women had dresses like that. Are they wearing something rigid underneath? No clue, but I'd be too curious and I'd have to find out lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I forgot the name but yes, they're wearing an iron thing under their skirts to give them some oomph.
If this was real life yes she'd be wearing a crinoline. Steel was the most popular material, but they could also be made out of cane or whalebone (the baleen hair in a whales mouth that allows them to filter feed). Not to be confused with the earlier farthingale, or panniers. Although all three pretty much served the same purpose, to provide shape and structure to the skirt of a dress.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crinoline
Old 2022-08-05, 05:44   Link #42
EroKing

Episode 6 PVs

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

YouTube
Old 2022-08-05, 06:40   Link #43
SidVicious
Anime addict

Overlord: The Dawn of Runecraft™
Old 2022-08-05, 10:21   Link #44
HandofFate

Really like the cold open scene this ep5 between Demiurge and Albedo, really need more scenes of the floor guardians by themselves. I guess Ainz went ahead and revived that lizard brother or whoever in the end.

Last edited by HandofFate; 2022-08-05 at 10:36.
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-10, 14:00   Link #45
HandofFate

Enjoying the friendly Ainzs path this season.

Showing his experience in company negotiations with the dwarfs
Old 2022-08-10, 20:39   Link #46
Strahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
If this was real life yes she'd be wearing a crinoline. Steel was the most popular material, but they could also be made out of cane or whalebone (the baleen hair in a whales mouth that allows them to filter feed). Not to be confused with the earlier farthingale, or panniers. Although all three pretty much served the same purpose, to provide shape and structure to the skirt of a dress.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crinoline
Wow, that's nuts. I can't even imagine how weird that must feel to wear, and how many little annoyances it would cause lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Really like the cold open scene this ep5 between Demiurge and Albedo, really need more scenes of the floor guardians by themselves. I guess Ainz went ahead and revived that lizard brother or whoever in the end.
Yea, that's pretty cool when authors do that. I liked how in the Honzuki no Gekokujou books the author typically has a few chapters at the end of events solely through the eyes of secondary characters. It's fun to read/watch how the MCs actions affect the people around them.

Quote:
Enjoying the friendly Ainzs path this season.

Showing his experience in company negotiations with the dwarfs
Must be really confusing for the people he negotiates with, given his appearance lol
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-17, 09:50   Link #47
Alchemist007
*Author

Just noticed the only wolfy in the OP not CG.

Images
Old 2022-08-17, 18:58   Link #48
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Shalltear asking if she should pee her panties in Ains' presence as well was hilarious. She's been really cute this season, even when she's committing partial genocide.
Old 2022-08-23, 10:40   Link #49
SidVicious
Anime addict

Crunchyroll being Crunchyroll mixed the Holy Kingdom and the Slane Theocracy.
Is it that hard to do a job properly?
Old 2022-08-23, 13:26   Link #50
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

For CR, yes, it's very hard for them.
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-23, 14:06   Link #51
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

I haven't read the source material, so when I read somewhere about the Philip meme and how he's the most stupid of all the stupid characters in this series, I never understood why, until now that is.

Imagine being so stupid that Albedo and Co. had to manipulate and move around multiple countries and empires just to formulate a plan on how to rectify your stupidity, not to mention how your country's king also had to think of a way to also make up for your stupidity by suggesting that he be beheaded, sasuga Philip-sama!

I'm also more and more convinced of that theory that Ainz really had god-tier int stats and that it's working for him in the new world but the guy inside him can't recognize it, where else can you find a protagonist who has the appearance of a 10000 year schemer and yet is really confused all the time on the inside?
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-23, 18:01   Link #52
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I am really loving this season.

The guardians couldn't fathom that someone as stupid as Philip could possibly exist. I have a feelings he might just get away with everything, too. He's too insignificant to even bother killing or worse. I'd sure like him to get the cockroach treatment though.

Demiurge thinking too deeply about Ainz's words and misinterpreting them to mean he wants to slaughter millions is pretty classic Overlord.

Ainz did a pretty good job handling Hilma's case though. Albedo wanted to throw her under the bus to dodge all responsibility, but he didn't let her and turned her own logic against her.
Old 2022-08-24, 11:36   Link #53
HandofFate

I like that althought when introudced, the second prince seemed like the usual classist snobby noble character.
And while he still is, he's actually looks like a very competent manager and very level headed in politics and trying to do what's best in government for his kingdom. I'm cheering him on.

I hope things work out for Hilma, feel bad for her. She was kind of just thrown into the middle of things.
Wonder what THAT is that the others offered to bring her some liquor to wash her mouth out with.

Last edited by HandofFate; 2022-08-24 at 12:14.
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-27, 21:00   Link #54
Rasty

Quote:
Wonder what THAT is that the others offered to bring her some liquor to wash her mouth out with.
I would think something along the lines of being stuffed by meat-eating cockroaches while simultaneously getting healed to not die.

Funny how in the midst of several masterminds planning the one who significantly changes the situation is an insignificant fool. The King's plan seems reasonable, but I doubt that would help Nazarik in any way (it creates animosity, but is not horrifying enough). I wonder how Albedo will manage to politically refuse?
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-30, 10:38   Link #55
EroKing

Episode 9

Some new interesting characters this week. Hope Ainz doesn't turn them to dust too quickly...

This is a Gundam

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-13 at 08:46.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-30, 16:59   Link #56
Dextro
He Without a Title

100% a gundam. We even have the classic gundam machine gun pose. Is this the return of the antagonists that brainwashed Shaltear?
Old 2022-08-30, 17:51   Link #57
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I don't recall seeing modern technology in that setting so I was shocked when a guy wearing a mecha suit killed two Death Knights with a machine gun. That's about the last thing I expected to happen.
Old 2022-08-30, 20:07   Link #58
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

I honestly thought it was Shalltear at first, then I remember she doesn't have guns, and her armor is more like a carapace than a mecha suit.

Players (or a Gundam at least) have entered the game!

EDIT: How can I forget the introduction of a new Nazarick NPC this late in the game?
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-31, 02:32   Link #59
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post

This is a Gundam
It even looks a lot like Gundam Astaroth Origin

They're lucky Bandai most likely won't sue coz they already have plenty enough money as is .
Old 2022-09-06, 10:01   Link #60
SidVicious
Anime addict

Good episode.
Can't wait for next week.

Tags
action, supernatural