Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-05-28, 11:07   Link #61
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
I expected the kiss at the last chapter, not that soon. I'm not complaining, it was a surprise.

Chibi is hiding the BL there, I'm sure.
Or just some 18+ doujins.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-31, 07:44   Link #62
EroKing

Images
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-12 at 11:04.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-31, 10:59   Link #63
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
Images
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Shiori's got legs .
Old 2023-06-03, 14:30   Link #64
Frontier

It's time for New Year's and Ichiro is still reeling from his kiss with Shiori! But right now the two can focus on just having plenty of fun and bonding time along with Fumi and Machi .

A New Year's Staycation sounds nice and all Machi, but even better is the first shrine visit of the New Year! Which is Shiori's first, in fact! Would've been nice to see her in a formal yukata though .

Shiori has amazing lucky! She didn't get Teddy but she got tickets for an overnight Hot Springs trip for the family! And she's so pumped! Probably because she knows it's such a staple for manga .

Ichiro couldn't help imagining seeing Shiori naked in the mixed baths, huh? Not that I blame him. What glimpse we do get of Shiori bathing with her Shiori's hanging out is quite the sight .

You know you're a mangaka couple when you're able to bond over working on a digital drawing tablet together .

Shiori has a lot of hangups with her family and their desire for her to come back, but she's more confident now that she knows she has Ichiro to lean on...literally, in fact !

Dang, Miyako is wasting no time just coldly telling Shiori to come back with no questions or argument...but then Shiori responds that she's dating someone and Ichiro just outright and loudly introduces himself to his future mother-in-law. Miyako so shocked speechless she just hangs up! That's telling 'em .

Ugh. Miyako is making Ichiro out to be the bad guy in front of the other people of the island. Come on. I hope her dad Takeru is prepared to handle this more reasonably .

I guess this was their first fight as a couple? Ichiro thinks he went a little overboard in responding to Shiori's mom but Shiori is upset that he lacks confidence and is insecure about doing something that made her happy and made her love him even more. And because she loves him she just wants him to be be more confident and assured about himself the same way she feels about him. Though the pact definitely makes a couple fight a little more awkward .

But it was nice to see the two work things out and Shiori literally picking up her boyfriend. The two are now even more determined to take the fight to the island annul the pact...just in time for a full retinue to show up and drag her back .
Old 2023-06-03, 18:39   Link #65
grecefar

it was funny to see that cold woman surprise face, it was woth it. The father is there and he seems a reasonable man so I think it will end well.

btw how did they get there that quick?
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-03, 23:11   Link #66
Alchemist007
*Author

Must not be a long boat ride. Curious as to what this actually is, might just be testing her supposed relationship.
Old 2023-06-04, 06:04   Link #67
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
it was funny to see that cold woman surprise face, it was woth it. The father is there and he seems a reasonable man so I think it will end well.

btw how did they get there that quick?
Their island is probably approximately as far away from Tokyo as the hot spring MCs went too, so it's not that surprising. And if they took a flight from somethere nearby it...
Old 2023-06-04, 12:48   Link #68
Lex79

Nice to see again the effects of the contract, it would be a waste not making full use of the setting.
Old 2023-06-10, 14:31   Link #69
Frontier

This probably isn't how Ichiro was expecting to meet Shiori's family, and probably isn't how she was planning to reunite with them either, and things are already pretty tense. Good thing Fumi and Machi deflated the tension a little and Shiori's dad is one of the more reasonable people in the room .

Shiori is not giving in to her mother this time! She's not getting dragged back to the island and away from the Kuga's! This time they're going to go in there, get what they want, and get out of there! I love a girl with conviction to stand up for what she loves !

The proper meeting with Shiori's parents already starts off on the wrong foot with sparks flying between mother and daughter and Shiori writing an entire notebook of all the things she loves about Ichiro isn't going to make things better...especially when they find out Ichiro touched her stinger .

I feel like the problem with Shiori's mom isn't that she doesn't care about her, it's just she's so caught up in Shiori being the Princess and her standing that she treats her like glass and doesn't give her any freedom. That flashback with Smol!Shiori perfectly illustrates that .

Ichiro can relate to having mom problems. I mean, his mom basically abandoned him and his siblings, so I feel like she's probably worse than Shiori's, but he still wishes they had a better relationship. Maybe things aren't all that hopeless for Shiori and her mom, or least Ichiro doesn't want to give up that chance .

Wow, that worked out perfectly! Miyako is gung-ho about annulling the pact because she thinks it's improper and will break them up, and our main couple are willing to go along with it to get what they want. Although I wonder how she'll react if she realizes they have no intention of ending their romantic relationship .

Ugh. Now her mom is discrediting Shiori's accomplishments and the life she's living on her parents' dime...but at least that gave Ichiro an opportunity to stand up for his girl and tell her parents that she's been living a very fulfilling and happy life, even if they don't understand it. And that affords them another year together, minus a smaller allowance for Shiori so she can prove that she can financially support herself .

Shiori's dad seems reasonable, but ultimately he's still on his wifes' side, so there's only so much leeway he'll give Ichiro. But at least Miyako was able to tearfully express that she's glad her daughters' okay. I guess that's something .

Hey, they got through a meeting with the in-laws, survived, and got what they wanted! I'd call that a win. Especially with Fumi and Machi already wishing on a handmade shooting star that Shiori join their family and become their big sis for real .

Next week: Wait, you can just remove the stinger!? That's okay !?
Old 2023-06-10, 16:14   Link #70
grecefar

there is plenty to do in a year, when they come to take her away she will be working in her own manga, already married with kuga and with a child.
Old 2023-06-10, 18:04   Link #71
Ghostfriendly

Lovely to see characters talking things out, even with some difficulties on the way. So deceiving the parents they're unable to defy about breaking the engagement and returning to the island after a year doesn't seem very sensible. It's certainly not impossible for things to end well though, and in this anime they obviously will. There are certainly some even more unreasonable and domineering in-laws in real life.

The kids were especially cute with their shooting star.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-10, 19:34   Link #72
Alchemist007
*Author

Mother seems to be stubborn but caring, though I guess the grandmother's wish helps too.
Old 2023-06-17, 16:34   Link #73
Frontier

Ichiro's flashbacks really put his character into perspective. Someone who was so used to being considerate of others and giving away chances he wanted, so much so that he's not used to grasping for the things he wants more than anything. He was going to hand a "winner" popsicle stick to Moka just for the sake of it if she hadn't made him keep it! Also, high school Moka was nice to see !

Nice of Momiji and Keigo to show up to help with the stinger removal to annul the pact! Even if Keigo is seasick...but it's nice to have someone like Momiji who is serious, diligent, and loyal to the desires of her princess .

So the island was basically wished into being a land that worships the Goshiki women and lives in peace and prosperity? I guess it's worked out well enough for them by this point, but even Aya, Shiori's grandmother, recognized it was limiting them and making them more insular...which is probably why she agreed to have Shiori leave .

Dang it, Shiori feels enough pressure about going back to the island! Don't put it in her head that Ichiro's feelings for her will disappear if they remove the stinger. Poor girl just wants to be with the one she loves. Not one of the various "candidates" on the island who were guaranteed to love her because she's the princess, but someone who fell in love with her for who she is, like in the Shojo manga she read .

Some married couple flexing as Moka throws a pillow at her husband as he's gaming on his Switch and he just brings her a drink while she's on the phone. It's nice to see more of Moka's family life .

With her hair down, you can really see the resemblance between Miyako and Shiori...also is her dads' arm finally better? It didn't look like he was in a sling there ?

Shiori looks absolutely stunning in formal Japanese clothing. I don't blame Keigo for immediately confessing and shooting his shot, fruitless as it was. Ichiro didn't look half bad either .

They want to film this? Does Miyako just want to enjoy the idea of breaking these two up that much? Though then again it looked more like a formal Japanese wedding .

Poor Ichiro wondering if they made a big mistake by removing the stinger when he wants Shiori more than anything and doesn't want to give her up...and Shiori feels like she's giving up the man she loves...but in the end, Ichiro's feelings haven't changed and nothing says that more than a romantic embrace between the lovers. Should've gotten THAT on film .

Nice to see the two just getting cozy and sweet together after all they went through to get to this point .
Old 2023-06-18, 03:59   Link #74
Lex79

On one hand, this was a necessary step so that the protagonists can be together because they want to and not because they are forced. On the other hand, does this mean that the story is now a standard romcom without supernatural elements?
Old 2023-06-18, 15:52   Link #75
Alchemist007
*Author

I wouldn't be all that shocked if he gets stung again, maybe on purpose.
Old 2023-06-18, 17:01   Link #76
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I wouldn't be all that shocked if he gets stung again, maybe on purpose.
I was actually wondering if the stinger grows back or if she's permanently stinger-less.
Old 2023-06-18, 17:35   Link #77
grecefar

I thought the boy was her little brother but it was worse. A boy choosen to be a husband candidate for her, that has to be really awkward and it was notice by how shiori was acting. The mother played dirty by giving the stone to that boy, made this worse for her and he made her remember the island and feel the pressure and even more the words he said to her.

I'm glad everything ended well and let us enjoy the last chapter.
Old 2023-06-18, 21:05   Link #78
Alchemist007
*Author

"There's no way a girl her age wouldn't be a shotacon" - mother, probably.
Old 2023-06-18, 21:53   Link #79
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I half expected that the stinger would be the cause of some of the feelings. Otherwise that thing is just a net negative overall. Though I guess that depends on perspective. For one trying to secure a spouse it's great. They can't run away and if they make the other party feel bad they get wrecked that much harder. But not exactly useful for an easy relationship .

Who knows. Maybe that thing really did influence their feelings. Just that any supernatural or artificial element eventually built something real so even the removal of the stinger didn't change anything.

I also wonder if that stinger can grow back or if it's a one and done thing...I feel like it should grow back since that would be more effective. If a spouse dies or something they'd need to secure a new one.

Also wow...that kid was legitimately a marriage candidate? Hopefully he gets over it. Mostly since whether she stayed on the island or not...he never would have seriously been considered. All he had was worship towards her. But he could never state any specific thing about Shiori that he loved. Closest he got was being blown away by her beauty, but that's just a given.

Alls well that ends well. Honestly could have made this the last episode and it'd be fine. But I'll take these two getting to further blossom their love now that they don't have any stinger issues to consider.
Old 2023-06-19, 03:33   Link #80
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

And they only adapted half of the manga. Now I don't get why people think it was cut short. I literarly have no idea how it could drag for 3 more volumes.

Tags
romance, supernatural