AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-06-19, 17:13   Link #81
Ghostfriendly

Moka-nee was quite right that feelings appear and disappear unpredictably. So it's good that we saw the happy couple taking hold of their feelings and deliberately loving each other, which is why their worries of love magically disappearing with the stinger were always groundless. Apart from the many visible and lovable qualities they both possess.

Shiori's inability to get through to the kid that she loves Ichiro gave a strong sense of her awkward situation, and it was clearly conveyed that she was putting on a fake smile. She got the message over in the end though. I could certainly imagine three more volume of everyday hijinks, manga drawing problems and deepening relationship.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-24, 13:34   Link #82
Frontier

It's nice to see just a pleasant morning with Shiori and the Kuga siblings after all the drama of the last episode! The kids just can't get enough of Shiori being back! And Shiori can't help but be so adorably giddy at snagging a date with Ichiro !

Black dresses really compliment Shiori well, but I respect that she wants to try for something different for her date, so time for clothes shopping! Complete with Chibi-chan! A little Shiori fashion show is nice, and Shiori looks great in any dress, though she also finds out about how Chibi was in love with Ichiro and how she nestled these unrequited feelings of love. I'm glad it turned into a bonding moment between the two girls as Shiori accepts Chibi's feelings and uses them to promise she'll fulfill her own love with Ichiro .

Look at Ichiro going out of his way to look nice for their date! He did look quite handsome, and even brought out a little of Shiori's thirsty side. Though she's back to being all cuteness when he compliments her .

Oh, just hold hands already you two! But I'm glad their time at the skating rink let them admit that despite all the circumstances surrounding their relationship, they really love each other and want to cherish each other moving forward .

Seems like Machi is like Ichiro in the sense that she's been holding herself back so as to not inconvenience her big brother and to be there for Fumio, even if it means she doesn't get to hang out with her friends. It was really sad watching both siblings cry over it...but I'm glad they were able to get all their feelings out there so they can be an even happier family together moving forward, with Shiori in tow .

A personal fireworks festival that brings everybody together! You can't beat that! And while Ichiro is determined to see Shiori get to live her life and experience freedom, Shiori is already looking ahead on her own terms, wanting to be independent, stable, and on top of that...being able to properly propose to Ichiro. Wasn't expecting a marriage proposal to close this out, but they have everyone's support and it's nice to imagine these two getting hitched in the future .
Old 2023-06-24, 15:01   Link #83
grecefar

Nice and fluffy anime. I'll give it credit because the confession, the hand holding and kiss were early and that is kind of rare in anime.

7/10.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-24, 16:13   Link #84
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

This was probably the weakest romance show this season (not counting Magami Cafe no Terrace) but still good.

On the other topic, I really hope Rina Endou (Machis seiyuu) will continue getting roles. She is really good for her age (I know she is in Princess Principal movies but that's not much).
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-24, 21:45   Link #85
Alchemist007
*Author

Show ended up better than I expected. Aside from the stinger gimmick, and the surprise episodic shota, it was nice watching their relationship grow rather organically.

8/10
Old 2023-06-25, 04:09   Link #86
Lex79

So the cousin was actually in love with Kuga, but the show never gave her a chance to be a love rival. Well, better this way rather than having no progress for the sake of making look like either girl has a chance.
Old 2023-06-25, 20:49   Link #87
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Kind of nice to throw in at the end Machi's situation. Yeah, it makes sense. She can see how hard Ichiro is pushing himself for their sakes and has a similar mindset in that way. Has been trying to restrain herself to a degree so that Fumio would be ok and Ichiro wouldn't be left troubled. It is nice of her, but also sad in its own way. Would have been a nice touch to have Machi's friends be invited for that little festival they threw.

I feel a bit for Chibi since she only occasionally popped up. Her feelings were obvious from early on, but there was just no room for a love rival with the supernatural stinger situation anyways. At least she got to talk with Shiori and it was a nice moment.

Show was cute. Nice little romance within a season that was packed with solid romances.

Tags
romance, supernatural