AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2010-04-08, 12:04   Link #501
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdreams View Post
I just watched the new season of K-ON! and is it just me or do the songs seem not as great as last seasonXD.
I semi-agree. The new OP is brilliant, the new ED is anything but.

*Waits for 100 other people to tell me that I got my 'facts' mixed up. :P
Lord of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 15:13   Link #502
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
I semi-agree. The new OP is brilliant, the new ED is anything but.

*Waits for 100 other people to tell me that I got my 'facts' mixed up. :P
No, I'm slightly on the other side of the opinion fence. I like both tunes okay but the ED slightly better. I'm wondering if they compressed the OP audio slightly for timing.
Old 2010-04-08, 15:45   Link #503
Sparvid
*hic*

Yeah, I'm giving the OP the benefit of the doubt until I've heard the full length. Also, the instrumental version.
Old 2010-04-08, 18:01   Link #504
Peanutbutter

Found this at nico, put up at youtube:

Thought it's the real full thing, but apparently it's just very good mixing.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 19:09   Link #505
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Go! Go! still makes me laugh, but wow Listen is @______@

I agree, they jumped into Rock and Roll this season, and while the OP is a bit of a joke, I guess Uiharu's just being in character. Listen however, is what I expect of Mio.

Or rather, how Mio always appears cooler in the ED than in the actual show!
Old 2010-04-09, 06:26   Link #506
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

If anyone realised : the ED's drums are similar to Don't Say Lazy's. Double pedals occuring only at the chorus, though the bass-snare-bass-snare-...-snare triplet-snare double quaver is replaced with sweeps across the set.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 04:22   Link #507
rockmanxpr

Here's my stab at mixing all 5 girls version of Let's Go!! but instead of overlapping the voices I chose to slice and splice segments and give each girl a turn with Azusa bringing it home in the end. There seems to be a way to over lap them without phase/volume issues but I'll try that next time.

Enjoy!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4040966/Let%...0All%20Mix.mp3
rockmanxpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 07:35   Link #508
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

In "Listen!!", what is the name of the instrument in Mugi's synthesizer that she uses in the video?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 08:22   Link #509
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmanxpr View Post
Here's my stab at mixing all 5 girls version of Let's Go!! but instead of overlapping the voices I chose to slice and splice segments and give each girl a turn with Azusa bringing it home in the end. There seems to be a way to over lap them without phase/volume issues but I'll try that next time.

Enjoy!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4040966/Let%...0All%20Mix.mp3
Or you can just rip the actual song of the first K-ON! Radion! Special CD that came out 2 months ago.
Old 2010-04-11, 09:02   Link #510
Pekasus
a.k.a. Ryuu No Chi

Location: Somewhere in the north is a little country named Finland...
Can't wait to get the full version of the Listen!!
If I understood it right, it will be 28.4 when it comes out..

New OP is like the old one for me.. I don't hate it, I don't love it, it's just there..

''Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you.''
Pekasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 14:57   Link #511
rockmanxpr

Quote:
Or you can just rip the actual song of the first K-ON! Radion! Special CD that came out 2 months ago.

What's the fun in that?
Old 2010-04-11, 15:40   Link #512
Manwards
Cunning Linguist

Send a message via MSN to Manwards
As with the first series, I prefer the new OP to the ED. "Listen!!" is good, but it plays it a bit too safe, whereas "GO! GO! MANIAC" or whatever is joyously over the top, more memorable and much more complex in composition. It's just fun, always going a little further than you'd think. I wish it were a little more guitar-heavy - the reason I adore "Cagayake! GIRLS" is because of those heavy opening riffs contrasted with Yui's light vocals - but there's bound to be a solo somewhere in the full version.
Old 2010-04-11, 16:40   Link #513
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmanxpr View Post
What's the fun in that?
Uh, let's see... not having to deal with mixing separate files into one; not having to worry about audio desynch and any other such problems. Did I miss anything?
Old 2010-04-11, 16:44   Link #514
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Go! Go! still makes me laugh, but wow Listen is @______@

I agree, they jumped into Rock and Roll this season, and while the OP is a bit of a joke, I guess Uiharu's just being in character. Listen however, is what I expect of Mio.

Or rather, how Mio always appears cooler in the ED than in the actual show!
I think the EDs are a reflection of what Mio might like to be rather than what she is. The reality is her fatal embarrassment knob is set to maximum.
Old 2010-04-11, 16:50   Link #515
rockmanxpr

Quote:
Uh, let's see... not having to deal with mixing separate files into one; not having to worry about audio desynch and any other such problems. Did I miss anything?
First off thanks for the heads up on the Radion version of th song.

2nd mixing music is a hobby of mine and hopefully a 2nd source of income in the future so I love doing this kind of stuff
Old 2010-04-11, 17:04   Link #516
rockmanxpr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
In "Listen!!", what is the name of the instrument in Mugi's synthesizer that she uses in the video?
Most likely a Hammond B3 organ
Old 2010-04-11, 19:33   Link #517
GreatTeacherKen

I don't really like Go! Go! Maniac! as much as Cagayake! Girls, though I do like the animation that accompanies it. I guess it's a bit too enthusiastic for my tastes.

I like Listen! a lot, I guess I just prefer Yoko Hikasa's singing style since I greatly preferred Don't Say Lazy over Cagayake! Girls.

I kind of want to see the girls become a professional band some time, if only because we'll see them wear the kind of clothing displayed in the ED animation more.

She always looks good, but I have to say black dress Mio is hot.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 19:37   Link #518
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

No, I mean the instrument setting in the synth that gives out the "psychadelic" notes. I'm making sheet music for this one and I can't seem to place which instrument she plays.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 20:45   Link #519
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
No, I mean the instrument setting in the synth that gives out the "psychadelic" notes. I'm making sheet music for this one and I can't seem to place which instrument she plays.
Organ. In some synths it would go under the function of "disco" if I am not wrong.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 20:48   Link #520
rockmanxpr

Quote:
Sorry dud, all i hear keyboard wise is the B3 organ