AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-28, 03:39   Link #721
MINAMI KOTARO
what? who am i?

well...for me...the controversial ending was just an attempt to increase the selling rate of the merchandise.
some aya and satsuki fans would desperately looking for an alternative ending by buying the PS2 game,novels,drama cd,and the anime dvd.
what a clever idea...
and the ending really succeeded in order to make this series to be still discussed until now...

everybody have their own opinion...as for me...i don't think the ending was appropriate.
Old 2009-02-28, 10:26   Link #722
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by taelrak View Post
Instead of that fourth girl at the cram school, he should have hooked up with Sotomura's sister What a loss!
Yah I know!
Old 2009-02-28, 10:54   Link #723
Fran~
floating away...

I agreed... Misuzu is win, her history at the end of the manga is beautiful, i always liked her.
In fact, i think he is the winner of the bunch, she used all the experience she won looking Aya with her boyfriend. She saw how Aya failed and she didn't make the same mistakes...

In the manga

In the omake... Misuzu with long hair looks like Aya.

Misuzu= win.
Old 2009-02-28, 11:44   Link #724
kakakka

She seems to be the only ones in to manga that actually "thinks".
Old 2009-02-28, 12:29   Link #725
MINAMI KOTARO
what? who am i?

yeah...misuzu is like another version of aya...
and she is the only one who understand aya's feeling toward junpei...
thats why she scolded junpei for being indecisive...
luckily, the mangaka even made a special one-shot dedicated for misuzu's ending.
i hope the mangaka would make one for aya and satsuki too.
Old 2009-02-28, 12:50   Link #726
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MINAMI KOTARO View Post
yeah...misuzu is like another version of aya...
and she is the only one who understand aya's feeling toward junpei...
thats why she scolded junpei for being indecisive...
luckily, the mangaka even made a special one-shot dedicated for misuzu's ending.
i hope the mangaka would make one for aya and satsuki too.
what was the title of that oneshot? it sounds intersting to read.
Old 2009-02-28, 13:27   Link #727
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
what was the title of that oneshot? it sounds intersting to read.
Is an omake, is in the final volume of Ichigo 100%:

Old 2009-02-28, 13:51   Link #728
taelrak

No way, Misuzu is nothing like Aya...

She has all the traits that Aya lacked - strength of will, determination, confidence, willingness to take the first step forward herself to reach her own goals, and willingness to learn from the past without relying on others. Sure, some of that was more of a front she put up in front of others, but having the courage to do that is half the battle. It's those traits that made her independent enough not to swoon all over Manaka like every other girl in the story

Anyway, I doubt the controversial ending was a way to simply generate sales. The logical conclusion to generate sales in the long run would be to keep the franchise going for as long as possible while making peripheral material, if there was interest. Since the manga was pretty much canceled for lack of interest, I doubt this was the primary concern. Besides, since all 3 girls in his main harem were fairly even, any Aya ending could have resulted in peripheral materials being created for Nishino + Satsuki endings as well, and the same with a Satsuki ending.
Old 2009-02-28, 14:15   Link #729
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
No way, Misuzu is nothing like Aya...
Not mentally... just a resemblance... that's all.
Old 2009-02-28, 21:10   Link #730
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I don't get why the people who didn't like the ending of this manga automatically claim that anyone who did was a Nishino fanboy. Well, sorry to disappoint: I was rooting for Satsuki, myself. Love outgoing, fun girls most of all.

But I freakin' loved the ending - as ever since the middle-ground of the story, it was clearly pending towards a Nishino resolution. I mean, all the hurdles, all the comings and goings, all the effort that got into their relationship... it would have been a bad ending for me if he ended up with any other girls, I think.

Also, I loved the little one-shot of Misuzu, in the end. Very sweet stuff.

Old 2009-02-28, 21:16   Link #731
Nosauz

damn, you just took out the words right out of my mouth. Though generally I'm into tsunderes, Satsuki was my favorite "heroine" and i use it loosely because since Nishino "won" she would be the heroine. Since I was in the boat for either nishino and aya, and was heavily favoring satsuki, I think from my perspective, it seemed that junpei was always leading toward Nishino, even though he was physically closer to aya.

Cram school girl was just annoying, he definietly should have done something with misuzu, it felt like there was something especially after the movie theatre stuff.
Old 2009-02-28, 22:24   Link #732
Fran~
floating away...

Hmmm... to those who said that the ending was random, just look the very begining, Junpei's declaration to Nishino in Middle School and where was Aya in that moment...

To me, that "competition" between Aya and Nishino, was decided there. Of course that Aya's shyness can't compete with Nishino's personality. Let's face it, in beautyness they're even, but then comes personality... and Nishino just was too much for our poor shy Aya... This world is unfair, probably that experience was quite helpful for Aya. Can you imagine Aya and Junpei sleeping together at her room, under the same roof of her parents???...

Satsuki... i dont know... personally, i dont like that kind of girls, yeah, to have a girl like that behind you could be fun, but in the end, it can be very dangerous, luckily Junpei wasn't like Makoto...

To me, Misuzu is the perfect equilibrium...

Last edited by Fran~; 2009-02-28 at 22:41.
Old 2009-02-28, 22:40   Link #733
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Is an omake, is in the final volume of Ichigo 100%:

ty, i think i know where i can find it now.
Old 2009-03-01, 08:54   Link #734
MINAMI KOTARO
what? who am i?

Quote:
Not mentally... just a resemblance... that's all.
agreed...she just looks like aya but with a completely different personality.
i didn't say she is the same as aya.
its just the long haired misuzu is looks like 22 years old aya. thats all

Quote:
To me, that "competition" between Aya and Nishino, was decided there. Of course that Aya's shyness can't compete with Nishino's personality. Let's face it, in beautyness they're even, but then comes personality... and Nishino just was too much for our poor shy Aya... This world is unfair, probably that experience was quite helpful for Aya. Can you imagine Aya and Junpei sleeping together at her room, under the same roof of her parents???...
no, i think their personality are even too. both of em have a good personality.
some people prefers a shy girl more than active girl, u know...
u can't say tsukasa's personality is better than aya.
for a man who loves shy type (amachi), aya's personality is somekind of ultimate weakness.
as for me, both aya and tsukasa's personality are equally good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taelrak
She has all the traits that Aya lacked - strength of will, determination, confidence, willingness to take the first step forward herself to reach her own goals, and willingness to learn from the past without relying on others. Sure, some of that was more of a front she put up in front of others, but having the courage to do that is half the battle. It's those traits that made her independent enough not to swoon all over Manaka like every other girl in the story

Anyway, I doubt the controversial ending was a way to simply generate sales. The logical conclusion to generate sales in the long run would be to keep the franchise going for as long as possible while making peripheral material, if there was interest. Since the manga was pretty much canceled for lack of interest, I doubt this was the primary concern. Besides, since all 3 girls in his main harem were fairly even, any Aya ending could have resulted in peripheral materials being created for Nishino + Satsuki endings as well, and the same with a Satsuki ending.
i'm completely in the opposite of ur statement.
'weak-willed' thing again?
yes she didn't have much confidence, i'm agree with that.
but i don't think she didn't have any willingness to take the first step forward herself to reach her own goals, and willingness to learn from the past without relying on others.
for me, all the girl in ichigo 100% are equally good and all of em have an equally strong will.
and all the girls in ichigo 100% already tried their best in order to win junpei's heart.
so, if u said aya didn't try her best, i really can't agree with it.
especially for giving aya some weakness points that u made urself.
and the ending doesn't have any connection to something like 'which girls is the best'.
its just, tsukasa is the type that junpei wants the most and she fits junpei's taste.
remember, all the girls in ichigo 100% are equally good, but in the end, the choice depends on junpei's taste.
i understand how u like tsukasa, but please don't say the other girls is like this...and like that...
c'mon,man...its pointless to compare each girls, because they are equally good.
u can try to ask 10 guys about 'which girl is the best', and their answers would be different from each other.

about the 'controversial' thing :
i didn't say the ending was contoversial because the mangaka ended junpei with tsukasa. nothing wrong with that. and i'm okay with it.
but why she only made an ending for tsukasa and misuzu?
i think, important characters like aya and satsuki also deserved their own finish. it seems the story of aya and satsuki are unfinished.
that makes some aya and satsuki fans desperately looking for their ending by buying the PS2 games,dvd,novel and the drama cd. i think it was somekind of trick to boost the selling rate.

Last edited by MINAMI KOTARO; 2009-03-01 at 12:41.
Old 2009-03-01, 13:19   Link #735
taelrak

Quote:
agreed...she just looks like aya but with a completely different personality.
i didn't say she is the same as aya.
its just the long haired misuzu is looks like 22 years old aya. thats all

no, i think their personality are even too. both of em have a good personality.
some people prefers a shy girl more than active girl, u know...
u can't say tsukasa's personality is better than aya.
for a man who loves shy type (amachi), aya's personality is somekind of ultimate weakness.
as for me, both aya and tsukasa's personality are equally good.

i'm completely in the opposite of ur statement.
'weak-willed' thing again?
yes she didn't have much confidence, i'm agree with that.
but i don't think she didn't have any willingness to take the first step forward herself to reach her own goals, and willingness to learn from the past without relying on others.
for me, all the girl in ichigo 100% are equally good and all of em have an equally strong will.
and all the girls in ichigo 100% already tried their best in order to win junpei's heart.
so, if u said aya didn't try her best, i really can't agree with it.
especially for giving aya some weakness points that u made urself.
and the ending doesn't have any connection to something like 'which girls is the best'.
its just, tsukasa is the type that junpei wants the most and she fits junpei's taste.
remember, all the girls in ichigo 100% are equally good, but in the end, the choice depends on junpei's taste.
i understand how u like tsukasa, but please don't say the other girls is like this...and like that...
c'mon,man...its pointless to compare each girls, because they are equally good.
u can try to ask 10 guys about 'which girl is the best', and their answers would be different from each other.
Well obviously, "best girl" is a subjective opinion based on a set of particular values that I feel are more important than others. I feel that strength of will is an important trait in people in general. Therefore, I feel that people who have that trait (Nishino, Misuzu) are "better" than those without.

However, when we're talking whether a person has that trait, then that's a different story--there's a reasonably objective way of measuring that. Shyness doesn't equal weak-willed, and Aya crossed the line from shyness into being weak-willed. If she's shy, she might be reluctant to assert her feelings for Manaka. She however, didn't even have the courage to admit her feelings to herself for the greater part of the manga - that's more than shyness. I can say Aya didn't try her best because she clearly didn't. We saw that she *could* overcome her shyness in a time of desperation when it was too late at the end. Then why couldn't she do that earlier? Simply because she didn't have enough willpower and courage to overcome her shyness. There were also many times when she felt hurt at how Manaka dealing with his other relationships, yet she never once expressed her feelings. Shy? Perhaps, but shyness is something that can be overcome if it was important enough to her.

Also, look at her dream of being an author. That's something where shyness doesn't come into play. When did she take initiative for her dream? She didn't - instead, she wrote based on and for Manaka's encouragement for a large part of the manga. Until the very end of the manga, Aya never asserted herself as an independent person who had priorities which involved herself. I'm not saying this is necessarily a good or bad thing - but it was just the way she is.

It's very subjective that I feel that certain traits (e.g. strength of will) make a girl better or worse in my eyes -- that's just my opinion. On the other hand, it's very objective whether a certain person has that trait in the first place though--this isn't an opinion, but an observation.
Old 2009-03-02, 08:56   Link #736
MINAMI KOTARO
what? who am i?

Quote:
Well obviously, "best girl" is a subjective opinion based on a set of particular values that I feel are more important than others. I feel that strength of will is an important trait in people in general. Therefore, I feel that people who have that trait (Nishino, Misuzu) are "better" than those without.

However, when we're talking whether a person has that trait, then that's a different story--there's a reasonably objective way of measuring that. Shyness doesn't equal weak-willed, and Aya crossed the line from shyness into being weak-willed. If she's shy, she might be reluctant to assert her feelings for Manaka. She however, didn't even have the courage to admit her feelings to herself for the greater part of the manga - that's more than shyness. I can say Aya didn't try her best because she clearly didn't. We saw that she *could* overcome her shyness in a time of desperation when it was too late at the end. Then why couldn't she do that earlier? Simply because she didn't have enough willpower and courage to overcome her shyness. There were also many times when she felt hurt at how Manaka dealing with his other relationships, yet she never once expressed her feelings. Shy? Perhaps, but shyness is something that can be overcome if it was important enough to her.

Also, look at her dream of being an author. That's something where shyness doesn't come into play. When did she take initiative for her dream? She didn't - instead, she wrote based on and for Manaka's encouragement for a large part of the manga. Until the very end of the manga, Aya never asserted herself as an independent person who had priorities which involved herself. I'm not saying this is necessarily a good or bad thing - but it was just the way she is.

It's very subjective that I feel that certain traits (e.g. strength of will) make a girl better or worse in my eyes -- that's just my opinion. On the other hand, it's very objective whether a certain person has that trait in the first place though--this isn't an opinion, but an observation.
no, i still don't see aya's will was weak.
u should put ur opinion in the box with a label : "subjective opinions" on it.

Quote:
We saw that she *could* overcome her shyness in a time of desperation
perhaps, u should put "I" on the subject...not "We"...and that means, its ur personal statement, not mine or the other's.

every girl has their own way to show her feeling to someone.
tsukasa showed it explicitly. and aya showed it implicitly.
and even though aya didn't say it in words, even a stupid fool would knows that she likes junpei. and some characters on the manga knew that too. (misuzu, sotomura, amachi, satsuki and even junpei himself)
it was junpei who didn't try his best in order to win her.
junpei is a man, so he is the one who should act first. but when he saw aya with her brother who junpei thought was her boyfriend, he suddenly gave up. made him looks like a coward.
a man who only waiting to be picked by a girl is not a man. and it happened to junpei.
what made aya and junpei relationship didn't make out, wasn't because of aya, but it was because junpei already gave up at the moment he thought aya already got a boyfriend.

i just don't like ppl who said something like "this girl is better than that girl, or these girls are no better than those girls..." like they know everything. i mean, what are they ? a psychiatrist ???
if they said that it was a personal view, then its okay...

what makes me disappointed is, the manga seems unfinished.
i mean the mangaka only finished the story for tsukasa and misuzu.
while, aya and satsuki's story were left unfinished.

Last edited by MINAMI KOTARO; 2009-03-02 at 09:33.
Old 2009-03-02, 09:01   Link #737
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
every girl has their own way to show her feeling to someone.
tsukasa showed it explicitly. and aya showed it implicitly.
Then, she didn't show, period. We can't really acknowledge something implicit, unless we afford a very big margin of error - much less with explicit demonstrations.

Also, as for the whole unfinished business... I, for one, thought their stories were quite done, as far as I was concerned. They were both more or less centered in their lives, and I welcomed the extra resolution for Misuzu. But the core characters weren't really handled all that badly at the ending, in my eyes.

Old 2009-03-02, 09:40   Link #738
MINAMI KOTARO
what? who am i?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
We can't really acknowledge something implicit
"We", huh ? didn't u mean you?

Quote:
Also, as for the whole unfinished business... I, for one, thought their stories were quite done, as far as I was concerned. They were both more or less centered in their lives, and I welcomed the extra resolution for Misuzu. But the core characters weren't really handled all that badly at the ending, in my eyes.
yes, in your eyes...but not in some fan's eyes, including me.
i'm happy the mangaka finished tsukasa and misuzu's story.
but aya and satsuki's story still unfinished.
Old 2009-03-02, 09:58   Link #739
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
"We", huh ? didn't u mean you?
If I did, I would have worded my quote as so. Since I didn't...
As for the point at hand, I'll state it again: Implicitly showing something is not a very good way to get your point across. Not really something that's up to interpretation.

Quote:
yes, in your eyes...but not in some fan's eyes, including me.
i'm happy the mangaka finished tsukasa and misuzu's story.
but aya and satsuki's story still unfinished.
No, it's not. The manga is finished, therefore their story is finished, as well. Now, if YOU think there's more to be told, there's a whole world of doujinshis waiting for ya.

And this whole "your opinion is not mine, hence I don't acknowledge it" thing you got going is not a very good way to carry an argument, FYI. At least, not in a forum bound to have people with very diverging viewpoints. Better to discuss facts than opinions.

Old 2009-03-02, 13:09   Link #740
MINAMI KOTARO
what? who am i?

Quote:
If I did, I would have worded my quote as so. Since I didn't...
u shouldn't use "we". because by that, u included the others and me in ur statement.

Quote:
No, it's not. The manga is finished, therefore their story is finished, as well. Now, if YOU think there's more to be told, there's a whole world of doujinshis waiting for ya.
did i say the manga unfinished?
no...

indeed the manga finished...
but that doesn't mean the whole story is finished too...
what i stated was just to express that i'm disappointed by the ending that seems unfinished.
but thats just my opinion...
its okay, if u think the whole story was finished.
what i said before in previous post was just to clarify that i'm not in the same thought as u.

Quote:
And this whole "your opinion is not mine, hence I don't acknowledge it" thing you got going is not a very good way to carry an argument, FYI. At least, not in a forum bound to have people with very diverging viewpoints. Better to discuss facts than opinions.
i didn't say ur opinion was wrong...i just said that u and i have a totally different thoughts.
is it wrong to say i'm not in the same side of ur statement?
is it wrong to say that we don't share the same point of view?

and yes, u're right...its better to discuss facts than opinions.
thats why, what i did was to oppose some arguments that not based on the fact.
because i don't like ppl who mix their opinion with fact. thats all

really this is going to be off topic...
another topic please....

Last edited by MINAMI KOTARO; 2009-03-02 at 13:33.
Closed Thread

Tags
drama, perverted, romance, shounen