2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-04-30, 22:43   Link #1
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Gundam Build Divers - Episode 5 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Gundam Build Divers, Episode 5.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-01, 05:04   Link #2
Chibiloli

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2018-05-01, 06:00   Link #3
Skye629

So now we got the pro builder mentor

Guess the Mass Diver thing is run like a drug trade, makes sense

Next Week:

LOL guess the Galbaldy Rebake diver is going to get the classic MMO "Harass you until you join our group" treatment, that should be fun to watch

But yeah, they really do need someone more experienced in-house/group, they cant rely on the pros all the time
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-01, 06:51   Link #4
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

i swear the builder who stole someone's name thing is close to home to an old forum i went to back in the old days.................
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-01, 07:27   Link #5
Router25
World Connector. I think

Ayame has flashbacks of having fun. Could this be how she comes to Riku's side?
Why do I feel that the hooded antagonist is related to Riku?
Galbaldy Rebake diver's character is a big mood for me.
Old 2018-05-01, 11:24   Link #6
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Ayame doesn't seem like a bad girl, and it's obvious she will join Riku soon enough (the groundwork has already been laid). Makes me wonder how she got involved with the Mass Divers in the first place.
Old 2018-05-02, 03:50   Link #7
Tenzen12

Pretty average episode. Well Ayame is serios candidate for best girl (which doesn't say lot) and I think it would be funny if Tiger and Fox were siblings or something in RL. Hopefully Riku get some good idea for improving his MS.
Old 2018-05-02, 08:28   Link #8
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

My impression of this episode is largely represented by this review:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2018-05-02, 11:40   Link #9
Magewolf

I think this is the Gundam show with the lowest age group target ever.

This was not a very good episode but that reviewer seems to have just skimmed it. The builder was a Fox boy. The ninja girl was ordered to go along with kidnapping.

Unfortunately the answer to most of his other points is one thing, the MC's are stupid. The trudging through the desert, not figuring out who the quest star was, and not realizing how implausible kidnapping someone in a VR game was all boil down to the MC's being idiots. Because ,at least in part, of the target age group I think.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-02, 12:04   Link #10
bakato

When Momo told Ayame that Riku would save anyone I just rolled my eyes.
Old 2018-05-02, 12:04   Link #11
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

so is the gimmick of the Seravee Scheherazade capable of combining with the Ptolemaios Arms is somewhat based on an old funny speculation back when 00 season 2 started airing? involving the unknown purpose of the giant Gundam head on the Seravee's backpack whom made people think that the Seravee can combine into a larger Gundam with it forming the head, in this case people thought the Ptolemaios 2 transforms into the body of this hypothetical giant Gundam with said Seravee transforms into the giant head and attaches to it?
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-03, 19:56   Link #12
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
When Momo told Ayame that Riku would save anyone I just rolled my eyes.
I wouldn't have minded if Ayame had rolled her eyes at that as well .

Not a bad show and the whole VR aspect isn't a bad direction for this franchise to go. But I also agree that the target audience is even younger than the previous Build seasons. Struggling to get attached to this cast. Though at least the action holds up fairly well.
Old 2018-05-03, 21:15   Link #13
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Man you people are jaded.
Old 2018-05-03, 21:28   Link #14
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
We're old enough to recognize this lame attempt at heroism for what it is.
Old 2018-05-03, 21:32   Link #15
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yeah, god forbid we have characters that show basic human decency.
Old 2018-05-03, 22:31   Link #16
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
As someone who like the show just fine, I found this episode to be anemic, banal, a bit more stupid than usual, and even contradictory to what's already established just one episode ago (about avatars not feeling tired or any physical pain).

I still like all the action and "spot the Patrick"-game, but the other aspects are just sleep-inducing or groan-worthy. Episode 3 & 4 are a lot better than this. Here's hoping future episodes won't be as bad as this episode or, god forbid, worse.
Old 2018-05-03, 22:55   Link #17
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Oh, I'm not saying the episode wasn't good. It was fairly weak. But when people are complaining about the protagonist not being a jerk...

That said I wouldn't say it's being contradictory. Not feeling exhaustion or pain's one thing, but they can clearly feel heat, and sand makes for an uncomfortable situation regardless. Not to mention boredom from walking forever.
Old 2018-05-04, 05:36   Link #18
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
As someone who like the show just fine, I found this episode to be anemic, banal, a bit more stupid than usual, and even contradictory to what's already established just one episode ago (about avatars not feeling tired or any physical pain).

I still like all the action and "spot the Patrick"-game, but the other aspects are just sleep-inducing or groan-worthy. Episode 3 & 4 are a lot better than this. Here's hoping future episodes won't be as bad as this episode or, god forbid, worse.
Not being tired is one thing, but I remember clearly it was mentioned in that very last episode that there is certain degree of pain (at least when you get hit by missiless).

As for "kidnaping", while these two guys probably can't stop Ayame from logging out. Restraining avatar somewhere would be pretty bad. In worst case it could make player quit with game altogether, in better starting all over from level one. So "saving" her is certainly right thing to do.
Old 2018-05-04, 06:52   Link #19
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Not feeling exhaustion or pain's one thing, but they can clearly feel heat, and sand makes for an uncomfortable situation regardless. Not to mention boredom from walking forever.
Then that makes you question Yukki's decision to go there without Gunpla or any form of vehicle in the first place. If he has no choice then you'd have to ask what kind of VRMMORPG intentionally makes non-gunpla-equipped players walk miles and miles in scorching virtual desert just to reach a destination city. That's not fun at all, which kind of defeats the purpose of playing a game or virtual world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Not being tired is one thing, but I remember clearly it was mentioned in that very last episode that there is certain degree of pain (at least when you get hit by missiless).
The pain should not reach the level where players got hurt, so there should be nothing to be afraid of. Otherwise, the company will got sued to death whenever players got blasted by beams or missiles during battles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
As for "kidnaping", while these two guys probably can't stop Ayame from logging out. Restraining avatar somewhere would be pretty bad. In worst case it could make player quit with game altogether, in better starting all over from level one. So "saving" her is certainly right thing to do.
If a player logs out, his/her avatar should also vanish and get him/her instantly out of "danger" in the game. Also, what kind of VRMMORPG allows players to restrain others' avatars? That certainly won't sit well with most online players. The protags should at least point that out. All this stupid "kidnapping"-stuff could've easily avoided if they just made Ayame fights the fakers -> gets overwhelmed -> then Syahriar & Scheherazade can come out and help.
Old 2018-05-04, 07:05   Link #20
Tenzen12

-Just because pain is not big deal, doesn't mean people want experience it often... or ever.

- When player log out avatar dissappear, sure... but where do you think it will appear when player log in again? Even in contemporary games there are people who abuse respawn points for continuosly PK their targets. It is not that different principle.