Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-02-20, 17:23   Link #2961
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Also...

Looks like a number of people are finally finding out about Kotarou's beast form, a form that, before this fight, has only been seen 3-A wise by Negi and his first three Ministra Magi (Asuna, Nodoka, and Setsuna).
Old 2009-02-20, 17:36   Link #2962
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Ha. It wasn't so much a fight as Negi just bouncing Rakan around like a pinball, but it was still plenty entertaining. Good job Negi for not letting up any. "I'm not done yet!"

Unfortunately, Rakan still has 17 seconds left and Negi's expelled his lightning charge, so Negi's in big trouble. Still room for Fate to interrupt.
Yeah. Why isn't he recharging?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 19:21   Link #2963
Boduar

Negi may have speed but Rakan can easily beat that if the hits Negi gets in dont do nearly enough dmg to hurt him. All he has to do if he cant hit him is do area of effect attacks that will hit negi regardless of how fast he is because there is nowhere he can dodge it. Besides we all know Rakan is exactly the type of person to do attacks like those for shits n giggles. Moral of the story Rakan will be back up and testing Negis defenses asap.
Boduar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 19:40   Link #2964
ChronoReverse

Well, Negi's only used two trump cards so far so maybe he has a third =)
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 20:22   Link #2965
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Remember, we've seen Negi go shiny spark-spark, but we have yet to seen him go dark.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-21, 00:26   Link #2966
kittybear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Remember, we've seen Negi go shiny spark-spark, but we have yet to seen him go dark.
If he can travel 150 km/ using that variation i wonder how much attack power would he get if he uses dark mode. People in the arena would be lucky enough to get out unscathed .
kittybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-21, 06:52   Link #2967
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I'm not sure the dark mode is stronger. Isn't that what he gets with a fire spell? And he shouldn't have a fire spell stronger than the thousand bolts.
Old 2009-02-21, 07:01   Link #2968
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

A fire spell? Where did you get that? Dark mode is generated by negative emotions, not fire.
Old 2009-02-21, 09:31   Link #2969
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Oh, right. I got confused with his armationem sim fabricatus ab incendio, which is also kind of dark.
Old 2009-02-21, 14:54   Link #2970
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Still It really suprised me too see Negi grown this much I mean fusion with the Thunder Bolt spell was brilliant Rakan and Negi were having a fist fight and the reason why Rakan was caught of guard and could not land a blow on Negi was because it was a fist fight and Negi was beating Rakan in terms of speed.

But strenght is perhaps a diffrent story if its Strength Rakan is stronger but Negi is no wimp himself when it comes too pure strenght, and he managed too land alot of nice blows on Rakan so it would not suprise me if he really didint stand up.

Also when Negi was about too land his final blow and there eyes came in contact something suprised Negi, I dont know if Rakan smiled or said something, heck its possible that he openly took it too later prove he is still stronger.

But i do hope Rakan said something just before taking that last blow, also it really suprised me when Negi was standing there looking at Ako, and she said Nagi.. No Negi (blushing)
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-21, 16:50   Link #2971
BerryDoyle

I thought he did do the dark mode thing, and that was combined with the thousand bolts to turn himself into lightning. Chamo says something like that. Maybe I'm getting confused?
BerryDoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-21, 20:19   Link #2972
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerryDoyle View Post
I thought he did do the dark mode thing, and that was combined with the thousand bolts to turn himself into lightning. Chamo says something like that. Maybe I'm getting confused?
Magia Erebea has two forms. The first is that the user will completely absorb the magical attack into themselves, thereby gaining its properties. First casting the spell that they wish to absorb, they then chant the following phrases:

Latin: "Stagnet, Complexio, Supplementum pro Armationem!"
English: "Stagnate, Combination, Supplement for Armament!"

This technique is apparently a three-stage process. As the attack spell is cast, the user will initiate the Magia Erebea with the command "Stagnet," which causes the spell to compact itself into a sphere, rather than being cast as an attack. Then the user will seemingly crush the spell within their fist to absorb it, with "Complexio" incanted at the same time. "Supplementum pro Armationem" then follows, which facilitates the absorption process itself.

The user can also apparently specify what form the absorbed properties of the spell will take – in 219th Period, Negi used Magia Erebea to absorb Jovis Tempestas Fulguriens, to greatly heighten his speed and agility, which he calls "Agilitas Fulminis," or "Speed of Lightning". In Period 225, Negi integrates Rakan's demonstration spell, Incendium Gehennae, a Dark and Flame element spell, into Magia Erebea, aptly naming it "Sim Fabricatus Ab Incendo," or "Mighty Flames of Reflection".

Magia Erebea can also be activated without requiring that the user absorb a magical attack, by the incantation:

Latin: "Actus Noctis Erebeae"
English: "Acts of the Dark Night"

The second form of the technique is that the user can store magical spells within themselves without canceling the previous Magia Erebea. By incanting "Supplementum", they will absorb the magic into themselves, but not merge with it, where they can release it at a later time by incanting "Dexter Emittam", which is released from the right hand or he can release it by incanting "Sinister Emittam", which is relased from the left hand.. (Taken From Wikipedia)
Old 2009-02-25, 00:21   Link #2973
BerryDoyle

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Negima's spells are so detailed, I get confused sometimes and lose track of what's going on. What Negi did makes more sense now.
BerryDoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 00:49   Link #2974
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerryDoyle View Post
Thanks for clearing that up for me. Negima's spells are so detailed, I get confused sometimes and lose track of what's going on. What Negi did makes more sense now.
Your welcome.
Old 2009-02-25, 01:10   Link #2975
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Mou dameda... I've come all this way, but completely have lost interest in this manga... Even though I already bought 20+ volumes. Haa... Even though AI Love You and Love Hina were so entertaining.

Akamatsu-san~, looking forward to your new work some day~

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 01:22   Link #2976
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Aye, looking over the comments by the folks reading the scans... I may be very hard pressed to keep buying this series no matter how fond I am of the characters. I can hear the "milking" sounds through the intertubes.

I have a very clear memory of reading the first few Perry Rhodan science fiction serial novels when I was a kid. Thought they were worth following ... and then I stumbled across Volume 461 in a book sale. "No I don't think so..." were my words and I never bought another.

If the stories remain compelling with plot advancement or character evolution, I'm probably good but I have no desire to follow "never-ending-serial-narugima".
Old 2009-02-25, 02:14   Link #2977
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

Vexx ... from all we know (by word of god) is that it should around chapter 400 give or take a dozen
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 05:36   Link #2978
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Plans can change though. But meh, the while it is starting to drag on (especially the 'yay, yet another tournament' bit), the manga hasn't lost my attention just yet. With Asuna's development just around the corner, I'm going to see if I can ride out this manga until the end.
Old 2009-02-25, 06:04   Link #2979
Wargumm1i
Hentai

I dont think I could ever be bored of Mahou Sensei Negima well but still since Kenīs works have bin good so far, i am a bit curious on what he has instores for the next project ones this one is done( hope will never come lol )
Old 2009-02-25, 09:58   Link #2980
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

while its another tourement its nowhere as largescale as Mahou tourement ... pretty much everything but the final battle is cut short
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy