AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-24, 18:35   Link #441
Noppapana
> Haruhiist <

Send a message via MSN to Noppapana
Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
I just saw the video, and I feel a sudden urge to complete the work on Where'd the cat go? KyoAni has truly delivered.
yeah thumbs up for KyotoAn. They did a great here
cant wait for the DVD version though

still isnt the original supposed to be 26 out ?
i suspect there are spies like whatApathyEcstasy said
Old 2007-01-24, 18:37   Link #442
ApathyEcstasy

it's too bad there's no high-res source and it seems to be out of sync with the audio a little
Old 2007-01-24, 19:07   Link #443
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I believe that a high-resolution source does exist, although I am not positive as to where is it exactly though.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2007-01-24, 19:11   Link #444
Noppapana
> Haruhiist <

Quote:
I believe that a high-resolution source does exist, although I am not positive as to where is it exactly though.
i think its not out yet, it comes with the last DVD
and its gonna be released at 26 january
Old 2007-01-24, 19:17   Link #445
Woland
Latin Rascal

I just found a raw but the quality it's not amazing, the original part look awful so I can't imagine how good are the new...

It's some sort of cell-shading involved? Something similar to the animation of instruments on "live a live"

by the way seems great

P.S.:

Haruhi has monopolized Kyon previous solo apparition
Old 2007-01-24, 19:41   Link #446
Noppapana
> Haruhiist <

^^
the same here, i also downloaded the RAW version
something is bit off not sure what but my eyes kinda hurt when i watch on full screen
Old 2007-01-24, 19:45   Link #447
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I just found that RAW version you're referring to. The shutter speed feels likd of odd when I look at in in fullscreen, so I agree with Noppapana.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2007-01-24, 21:10   Link #448
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

I found a 704x396 version and it looks real good! You can notice that in the closeups of Yuki and Mikuru in the clubroom, Itsuki and Kyon are slightly out of focus!

Two thumbs up!!

Old 2007-01-24, 22:17   Link #449
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Something I noticed about the Full Dance which struck me as interesting, although probably trivial.

Compare the following:

Original ED version (I just grabbed a random one off the search result list)
The storyboarded "full version"
The "Special Full ED" version

Notice the "BOON" part at 00:19 in the Original ED, and 00:38 (and later, 01:53) of the Storyboarded Full ED version. (There's one more "BOON" in the Storyboarded version at 02:46, but it's a different dance move.) Haruhi, Mikuru and Yuki do the "BOON" move with their hands finishing at their upper left (ie our upper right). In other words, the move is done with their left hands.

In the "Special Full ED" version, though, at 00:19, "BOON" has their hands finishing at their upper right (our upper left). In other words, the move is done with their right hands.

Significant?
Old 2007-01-24, 22:41   Link #450
ApathyEcstasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
Something I noticed about the Full Dance which struck me as interesting, although probably trivial.

Compare the following:

Original ED version (I just grabbed a random one off the search result list)
The storyboarded "full version"
The "Special Full ED" version

Notice the "BOON" part at 00:19 in the Original ED, and 00:38 (and later, 01:53) of the Storyboarded Full ED version. (There's one more "BOON" in the Storyboarded version at 02:46, but it's a different dance move.) Haruhi, Mikuru and Yuki do the "BOON" move with their hands finishing at their upper left (ie our upper right). In other words, the move is done with their left hands.

In the "Special Full ED" version, though, at 00:19, "BOON" has their hands finishing at their upper right (our upper left). In other words, the move is done with their right hands.

Significant?
i think you're looking too deeply into things...it must be just human error or something
Old 2007-01-24, 22:47   Link #451
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApathyEcstasy View Post
i think you're looking too deeply into things...it must be just human error or something
Always possible... but this is KyoAni we're talking about.
Old 2007-01-24, 22:56   Link #452
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
Quote:

Significant?
Parts of the moves were simply mirrored in the recently released TV size version, which has some of the old scenes redone.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Old 2007-01-24, 23:07   Link #453
ApathyEcstasy

Quote:
Always possible... but this is KyoAni we're talking about.
you should listen to yourself! i hope you're not serious
Old 2007-01-25, 01:21   Link #454
Asrialys

Mikuru's breasts seem quite bouncy in the beginning...
Old 2007-01-25, 01:37   Link #455
eggplant
Eggplant

Bought DVD Vol. 7 just now and watching the full dance version of the ending song (TV size) repeatedly.

The ticket for the March 18th concert arrived today as well, so I'm going to practice the choreography so I can dance along Haruhi and Co., just like the majority of the audience will probably be doing.

The DVD bonus shots of Hirano Aya playing with Kuroi-san, Kyoto Animation's mascot cat and model of Shamisen, together with her drawing of Neko-man was hilarious.

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

Old 2007-01-25, 06:04   Link #456
illogicalcow
nyah

HAHAHA that little thing they do at 00:43 - 00:45, where they shake their fists up and down, is just way too cute.
Old 2007-01-25, 06:06   Link #457
Asrialys

Quote:
Originally Posted by illogicalcow View Post
HAHAHA that little thing they do at 00:43 - 00:45, where they shake their fists up and down, is just way too cute.
I know! LOL Haruhi looks like she's having fun. Kinda wanted to see Kyon and Itsuki doing it too.
Old 2007-01-25, 06:26   Link #458
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Now it's released the Last DVD
The Hare Hare Yukai Special Full End *_*
I Love it, now i have to learn this and to try the Full Version on the Real *_*
Old 2007-01-25, 07:59   Link #459
Julius Firefocht

The video is very nice. It's good to finally be able to see the dance animation in full. Praise be to Suzumiya Haruhi!
Rightousness is our Shield, Faith our armour and Hatred our weapon.
Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death.
~~~~~

Blog featuring anime, manga, seiyuus, tabletop wargames (WH40K) and everything in between: http://nk-ds.org/
Old 2007-01-25, 12:45   Link #460
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
I just saw the video, and I feel a sudden urge to complete the work on Where'd the cat go? KyoAni has truly delivered.
Yes, you! Hurry up and move your lazy arse! We've nearly translated every released chapter save your 64% that's sticking out like a sore thumb!

BTW, that video is truly awesome. I won't be surprised if Kyo-Ani did an even longer video to fit in the full 3-minute song to milk more money from Haruhi-ists everywhere.
Closed Thread