elniro

Send a message via MSN to elniro
That was a good way to end the series, the way it was done was nice
elniro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 15:04   Link #442
shikamarufoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostTX
Ya i really think that they blew off the track and field, and skipped right onto the relationship with Suzuka, I was really hoping that he would become the best in japan, but my hopes were crushed, when i found out that he FRICKEN FINISHED LAST PLACE! Well any way i hope they have a season 2!
I really hope they have another season to continue the plot of his track story and if he ever became number one.
shikamarufoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 17:20   Link #443
♥ Tatsuki-San ♥
Sĭñƒûll¥ §wêë† Åñgël

He might become number one, who knows? I doubt he'll accomplish that in a short amount of time, it might take a few years or so. I didn't think the ending of the series was really good, it was alright and everything, but ending it just like that kinda bothers me a bit.
♥ Tatsuki-San ♥ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 18:22   Link #444
D_Street

This series was worth watching, but i doubt there will be another season because this is a okay ending. I want to see another season but that is very unlikely.
D_Street is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 21:25   Link #445
GhostTX
GhostXT

Send a message via MSN to GhostTX
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Street
This series was worth watching, but i doubt there will be another season because this is a okay ending. I want to see another season but that is very unlikely.
Now that you mention it, the track and field thing might be a good plot for the next season. Maybe if were lucky a second season will come out, based on how he becomes number 1 in Japan
GhostTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 06:18   Link #446
Cruzer

the ending was to rushed in this season, it would have been nice to see more then his relationship suceed, but yes a season two would be wonderful we cant have a sub plot denied its ending or can we?
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 07:25   Link #447
Fishman

I don't know about you guys, but after watching the anime i felt kinda depressed like i never wanted it to end, maybe it was because the fact that the anime was so realistic? and people can relate to it? anyways great anime i wish there would be a second season.
Fishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 11:45   Link #448
elniro

Send a message via MSN to elniro
I guess thats why they ended it like that, so it is open to a 2nd season if they decide to produce one, they can focus on how their relationship goes and Akitsuki's attempt at reaching number one of the track
elniro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 11:48   Link #449
Onibaba
"Nice, Takemoto!"

I don't really see a 2nd season coming, although there's deffinately material as the manga goes way~ beyond the anime ending.
Onibaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 15:13   Link #450
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

second season?

A second season would be possible, if the producers thought they could sell one, but not for a few months. The manga is still going, but there isn't enough more manga for a second season yet. The manga is at chapter 91. The anime ended at chapter 69 of the manga. At a chapter a week, they won't have the same amount of material again until at least next summer.

Between chapters 70 and 91 of the manga, they haven't gone back to the track, but have been developing Yamato and Suzuka's relationship (with a couple of bumps in the road). I could see a new series dealing with further problems and solutions for the relationship; further successes and failures on the track (for both of them); and...
Spoiler for Honoka in the manga:
But they won't have enough material for a new series until at least next summer, and probably more likely next fall. By then, maybe it could lead up to moments of track success for Yamato and Suzuka, and...
Spoiler for Honoka in the manga:
I think the anime ended at a very good point in the manga: the moment when the relationship was acknowledged by them both.

As for complaints about Suzuka's character. I'm one of many who would have taken Honoka in a flash, but Yamato was in love. You've got to admire his determination, clumsy as he is. She's certainly not boring. Her contradictions make her feel real to me.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 17:08   Link #451
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
A second season would be possible, if the producers thought they could sell one, but not for a few months. The manga is still going, but there isn't enough more manga for a second season yet. The manga is at chapter 91. The anime ended at chapter 69 of the manga. At a chapter a week, they won't have the same amount of material again until at least next summer.
This makes me wonder... Did the producers of the anime not know how the anime would end when they began production, as the manga couldn't possibly have reached chapter 69 way back then. Or did the mangaka step in and give them info on the upcoming storyline? I find this really confusing. I mean, when you start producing a show, you have to know how it's going to end, right? Or did they just start producing the anime without a clear goal, and when they saw chapter 69 (which should have been published shortly after the beginning of the anime) they decided that would make a good ending?
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 17:24   Link #452
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
The anime ended at chapter 69 of the manga.
Sorry for being picky, by reading your posts here and there I know about your overall preparation and I realize this is a typo, but the anime actually closed at manga chapter 72

I also agree on what you've written, and I honestly don't know whether I should hope on a second season or not. For.. various reasons (basically I'd like them to stay together, if they had to separate.. I prefere things staying as they were left)
Old 2006-01-16, 17:31   Link #453
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier
Sorry for being picky, by reading your posts here and there I know about your overall preparation and I realize this is a typo, but the anime actually closed at manga chapter 72
Please be picky. I was copying a post I made just before the anime ended.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 17:38   Link #454
tabun
rawr!

I agree with Pellissier. I'd rather have their relation marked as "under development" (in a positive sense) and end the anime here than elaborate on any conflicts there would be in the future. The anime would have to change it's genre from romance to sports/romance (haven't read the manga yet, just letting my mind stray here) if it was to concentrate on their track&field careers, etc.

Still, as I liked this series so much, I would watch a second season without thinking about it :x
Old 2006-01-16, 18:22   Link #455
Cruzer

i heard that they stopped due to lack of funding is that true?
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 22:10   Link #456
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer
no. just lack of interest in the story...
Old 2006-01-16, 22:11   Link #457
Asclei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer
that wouldn't surprise me... the animation for this anime was subpar
Asclei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-17, 22:15   Link #458
Fishman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asclei
that wouldn't surprise me... the animation for this anime was subpar
It wasn't that bad, once you get used to the older anime shows like flame of recca you'll learn to llike this animation
Fishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-18, 04:39   Link #459
viperlance

This anime is so awesome! Who created it? Did they create any other anime? There are speculations about the posibilities of the second season??
viperlance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-18, 05:26   Link #460
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I thought it was a very subtle nice modest ending totally in keeping with their personalities..... small steps...

Tags
romance, shounen