Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-02-02, 02:37   Link #501
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikming
DVD 5 released
Well, although this (arguably?) belongs in the equivalent Anime/Fansubs Suzuka thread, note that DVD 5 is actually coming out near the end of the month (on the 22nd of February); DVD 4 is the one that just came out a few weeks ago. That being said, Kouji Seo's art is definitely a highlight of the DVD releases (with the reversible covers). Plus, the little semi-transparent collectors cards are a neat bonus.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 03:00   Link #502
aikming

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
Well, although this (arguably?) belongs in the equivalent Anime/Fansubs Suzuka thread, note that DVD 5 is actually coming out near the end of the month (on the 22nd of February); DVD 4 is the one that just came out a few weeks ago. That being said, Kouji Seo's art is definitely a highlight of the DVD releases (with the reversible covers). Plus, the little semi-transparent collectors cards are a neat bonus.

Sometimes, i wonder where this should be too. U're right. should n't say released. should say revealed.
Old 2006-02-02, 08:25   Link #503
Sweetchinmusic

When you say DVD 4 and 5 and stuff, what do you mean? Episodes? Where can we get this from?

Just finished watching Suzuka!!! Ahhh the ending is happy and sad in two ways lol. I want there to be another season, but i think they would find it hard to continue the anime, i mean what could they focus on now? Does anyone know where they might change the path? Is there any news on if they are actually gonna do a season 2 lol.

Gotta Say though i Loved this Anime toooo much lol.
Sweetchinmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 15:57   Link #504
oDin01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetchinmusic
When you say DVD 4 and 5 and stuff, what do you mean? Episodes? Where can we get this from?
As in R2 Japanese DVD's which is up to Volume 4. Volume 5 is coming out later this month. http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/search.html...VD&word=suzuka

Sweet Miki cover probably the best cover so far. I have some pics of the DVD's and screen shots on my site.
oDin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 21:05   Link #505
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Street
...I been wondering is there any romance anime which people would suggest that is running now....
I'm enjoying Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noberu Sora ("Hantsuki") a lot. It's a six-episode series, and the feeling reminds me more of Iriya no Sora than of this.

There is also I"s Pure, which seems like a superior version of Ichigo 100%
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 08:10   Link #506
Sweetchinmusic

Hi Karou Chujo, i cant seem to find any of those animes you said lol. Have they got comedy as well?

I was thinking, dont you think they should release a couple of OVAS or something as a prequel showing Yamato when he was back at home? Id like to see the girl he originally wanted to do the bell flower thing to lol.
Old 2006-02-07, 05:02   Link #507
yanmato91
nRgy

Send a message via MSN to yanmato91
Sazuka

Hey im new to the forums, n ive been looking for omse good anime forumslately to post on, and ive found one, YAY !... anyway, im posting here coz i dont no where to post silly me =P, Is tehre guna be anotehr season of Suzuka, coz its my favorite anime, for some reason. Oh and can anyone tell me some animes like it, and some school gil fighting anime, sorry if i post in wrong place, ima bit new to these forums ..

Peace Out, Julian

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-02-07 at 06:51. Reason: Threads merged. Please SEARCH before posting a new thread. It will keep you from annoying the moderators or making yourself look stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yanmato91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 05:59   Link #508
yanmato91
nRgy

anyone at all?
Old 2006-02-07, 06:57   Link #509
Sweetchinmusic

I dunno where everyone has gone in this forum lol, they seemed to have disappeared. I hope there is another season, apparently the Manga continues, after the Anime so there might be another season im praying lol. Hmmm Animes that are like Suzuka, Try Chobits, ive heard its really good or Kigumare Orange Road. I havent seen these two yet, but im gonna get them soon, sometime advised me about them lol.

Hope that Helps
Old 2006-02-07, 11:33   Link #510
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

well.. this isn't a chatroom... if you need responses in less than an hour, you're in the wrong place. This is a forum. People work and stuff, eh?
If no one responds in 24 hrs then you might have a valid complaint. After all, we're in timezones all over the world.

No sign of any follow-on to Suzuka so far .... the opinions are mixed as to whether one is needed. Obviously Suzuka is part of a couple for now.. and it will be a slow and tentative progress. She doesn't seem the type to give up easily though once she's made a decision.

I've not really seen another anime exactly like Suzuka with its mix of athletics and a strong-willed girl like her. But general romance ... Chobits is interesting (about whether a human and a "persocom" (synthetic computer girl) can really have a relationship. Its licensed and available via DVD shops. I'm not sure K.O.R. is actually in print at all but its a classic from long ago.
If you like more slapstick comedy mixed in romance, there are a number of choices:
Mahoraba: Heartful Days (fansubs), Love Hina (licensed).
comedy-tragi-romances:
Tsukuyomi Moon Phase, Shuffle!, Karin (fansubs all)
tragi-romances with a dash of comedy:
Kanon, AIR, Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora ...

"fighting girl anime" ..... a lot of people liked Mai HIME .... Mai Otome is getting more mixed reviews
You might give Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha and the second season Nanoha A a look ... on the surface it looks like a kid's show but very quickly gets into some serious combat, dark plots, and some serious situations. Not for young children... its one of the few "magical girl" shows I like.
Old 2006-02-07, 11:57   Link #511
CaiSter21

yea, and if u want suggestions, go to the sugestions thread!
CaiSter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 15:47   Link #512
Sweetchinmusic

Come on you got to give him a bit of a break, he said he was new to the whole forum thing. I have to agree in that although i want a Suzuka second season, the content doesnt seem to be there. But maybe they'll come up with something lol.
Old 2006-02-08, 01:49   Link #513
yanmato91
nRgy

sorry for being new eh ?
Old 2006-02-08, 02:34   Link #514
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

All the fansubs I mentioned can be found via the .... wait for it ... the torrents section of this site (animesuki.com). bit torrent clients are your friend...
All the licensed material... well it depends on how old it is but most items are available in collected sets from various dvd dealers. Many of us have good luck with http://www.dvdpacific.com/ but amazon.com or amazon.co.jp sometimes work as a backup vendor. Your profile says you're in AU ... there's a www.dvdpacific.com.au as well.
Old 2006-02-08, 02:36   Link #515
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

dont worry about it yanmato, some of the mods have personality problems but then again the message boards are kept very clean which is also nice.

i personaly dont want to see an season 2. the more i think about the last episode of suzuka the more i get dissapointed. the slapping scene in the previous one still leaves a strong impression and to close with such a weak ending, it leaves a bad taste.

of course that may just be the writer was tired and couldnt come up with anything else. or it could be that 'buddhist' mentality, which i dislike from watching AIR, but im not familiar much with that subject.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-08, 03:00   Link #516
yanmato91
nRgy

yeah i coulda expected more form the last scene, it was great and all her confessing, but at least hug him ? Hes been trying for god nos how long, put up with all her crap, and then she opens up, and there staring at each other for at least 5 minutes , Second season opens up alot but 1st

Miki - I dono why but i get the impression that shel hook up with taht blonde guy(forgot his name, FOR SHAME) and become a main character

Honota- lol, that athletic guy that likes her

suzuka- ...........I have no idea, it culd be her life with yanmato now, or soemthing, or she could break up with him for a while and crap hapens ^^.

and that blonde chick that cnofessed her feelings about her senpai that she likes, maby he could come to her eh ?

might not be enough but, id love to see it again , but not with a lame ending i walked about 25ks to get 25 and 26th *crys*
Old 2006-02-08, 11:18   Link #517
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I guess I thought the handholding at the end was much more powerful .... after all this is a girl who has put herself in a glacier for 99% of the series and that simple handhold represents a huge step for her.

aside ... breaking a forum rule does not equal a personality problem. An illegal request was made and the post was deleted. People should always read the forum rules before posting in any forum. It is just good civil practice... kind of like when you visit a new club or foreign country --- find out the rules first, eh?
Old 2006-02-08, 13:32   Link #518
Sweetchinmusic

Hey Yanmato is it okay if i add you to MSN? Wouldnt mind chatting to someone on MSN about Suzuka lol.

The hand holding was significant i feel, though i got to admit it was not the greatest possible ending. I dont know if this was just with me but in the last episodes, the screen kinda goes blank for a second and has white dots coming down the middle? Then at the end kinda it goes to a white screen with black dots going down the middle? What was that about does anyone know?

I still think the idea of showing Akitsukis past would be a cool second season. Hey i know this is irrelevant, but is downloading Fansubs illegal?
Old 2006-02-08, 15:10   Link #519
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

It depends on who you ask....
fansubs of materials that have not been licensed in the country you're in is a grey area (despite the extremist views on both sides). The attitude of the anime producers is mixed, some companies have been aggressive about stopping torrents as soon as they've licensed but I can only think of one company that has been aggressive about stopping fansubs before they've licensed them. Typically, they'll send a Cease & Desist demand and the fansub group will take the material down without a fight. Note these are usually the American distributors who take action. The truth is I don't think either the companies or the fansubbers want it tested in court.
However, a good portion of the Japanese anime industry views the practice as "free advertising" or inconsequential to domestic Japanese sales.

The more legitimate fansub groups treat it as spreading the word about how cool this genre is and all strongly recommend you BUY the R1 releases when they come out ... some recommend buying the R2 DVD. It is a fan hobby activity and *no one* should be profiting from the distribution of fansubs.

If you plan on buying DVDs of series you like, then consider fansubs a preview ... the DVDs usually run higher quality video anyway and the producers have often fixed some of the problems from the broadcast (bad animation, etc).

And to be precise --- if any part of this is illegal, it would be the *offering* of fansubs, not the receipt of fansubs. So *you're* reasonably safe. I'm less comfortable with fansubs of R2 DVDs than of fansubs of "broadcast" series. I can legally argue that trading broadcast episodes with translation notes is simply Fair Use under the rulings of the Betamax case and the laws passed to protect media consumer rights. Fansubbing R2 DVDs for trade in R1 regions is very grey but I'm ambivalent about it - that part of the hobby probably wouldn't survive a court test. If the media producers would DROP the whole stupid region coding thing (which I view as being the corporations trying to have globalization for themselves and not the consumers), then I'd easily say subbers of the DVDs are out of line.

The anime producers could stop this whole murky mess, just by
1) dropping the region codes
2) providing foreign language subtitling to begin with.
3) bringing their pricing in line with global prices ... $50-$80 a DVD in Japan is outrageous.... $19.95 in the US (or $100 for a collection) may be a bit cheap.
Old 2006-02-08, 20:30   Link #520
GhostTX
GhostXT

Send a message via MSN to GhostTX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetchinmusic

Just finished watching Suzuka!!! Ahhh the ending is happy and sad in two ways lol. I want there to be another season, but i think they would find it hard to continue the anime, i mean what could they focus on now? Does anyone know where they might change the path? Is there any news on if they are actually gonna do a season 2 lol.

Gotta Say though i Loved this Anime toooo much lol.
If there is going to be a second season, which I doubt, itll probly be based on the track and field part of the anime, well thats what i think... Considering they just skipped it all and went on to the love....
GhostTX is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, shounen