Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-13, 19:33   Link #21
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

The R.O.D. "pre" pictures from TV airing look a bit like Tenchi Muyo.
Old 2004-04-13, 19:51   Link #22
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haunted
very informative post, although Animation Runner Kuromi-chan may have exaggerated a bit about the deadlines and its effect on the employees .

Of yourse you're right, all anime tv series are made on a really tight schedule, often entering the "animate it!" stage only 2 or 3 weeks before the actual airing.
oh, trust me, the effects on animators are very like as it is on Kuromi-chan. You wouldn't believe what they have to go through to make a meager income...and this is coming from experience in helping a friend survive.
Old 2004-04-14, 16:51   Link #23
Secca
nya`
*Artist

That would be nice if more anime come out on Dvd are redone like that. I really like to see series like Gilgamesh being redone.
Old 2004-04-14, 20:20   Link #24
STfan
Homicidal Kitty.

Location: In Arcueid's arms, getting my blood drained by the neck. Or at least I wish.
What the hell is "Rod tv"? Are you talking about R.O.D the TV series, the 26 episode (I think, approximately that number) series that comes after the Read Or Die OVA's, which were 3 episodes in number, starring the three
Spoiler:
Old 2004-04-14, 20:32   Link #25
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

That's the series we're talking about. However most are to lazy to type the '-'s and the 'the' in the title. It's R.O.D. -The TV- >.>
Old 2004-04-19, 21:14   Link #26
Secca
nya`
*Artist

For general anime series, since there are different version (tv or dvd) of a series, which version is being released when they are licensed?
Old 2004-04-19, 21:22   Link #27
BanditKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
For general anime series, since there are different version (tv or dvd) of a series, which version is being released when they are licensed?
well I read alot of ADV press release and the one I read alway say they licensed home release version(dvd version) but I don't know about Geneon and Bandai since they don't do press release anymore.

But there are company that licensed the tv version
One example of a show that licensed only the tv version is His and Her Circumstances. Right Stuf say that Gainax won't let them have the dvd version or so they said.
Old 2004-04-19, 21:43   Link #28
Secca
nya`
*Artist

This kind of thing that really could change my decision to buy Dvd or not, because an entire series Dvd are expensives and now that I know there are different versions, I'm hesitant to buy Dvds now. Is it better just to buy the R2 Dvds?
Old 2004-04-19, 22:22   Link #29
BanditKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
This kind of thing that really could change my decision to buy Dvd or not, because an entire series Dvd are expensives and now that I know there are different versions, I'm hesitant to buy Dvds now. Is it better just to buy the R2 Dvds?
well when a company licensed the tv version there will alway be a big crow of people complain like for it was for His and Her Circumstances on AoD Forum.I think most R1 company now will probably do for the dvd release since its the best version and its has some change from the tv version to make fansubs fan to buy and see the different. well my thought anyway
Old 2004-04-20, 12:00   Link #30
kuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditKing
well I read alot of ADV press release and the one I read alway say they licensed home release version(dvd version)
Like they did with Sakura Diaries ?

Not only they released the TV version of the show. They even didn't know there was a different DVD version. Only after evidence was shown to them that their version was different from the home-video version (LD at that time) they got and did a re-release of the series (Sakura Diaries - Collector's Edition).
Old 2004-04-20, 12:39   Link #31
microlith

Send a message via AIM to microlith
Not a re-release, per se, but an entirely seperate release.

The dub was done to the TV cut which had parts placed in a different order, and as such couldn't be fit to the home video version. So ADV took all of the episodes and put them on 2 discs instead of 4, sub only, and released it.

Incidentally, it's the only version of the show I have

I do think with the increase in JP-US partnerships that the likelihood of special footage and improved animation being missed will be less likely now.
Old 2004-04-20, 17:11   Link #32
BanditKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuru
Like they did with Sakura Diaries ?

Not only they released the TV version of the show. They even didn't know there was a different DVD version. Only after evidence was shown to them that their version was different from the home-video version (LD at that time) they got and did a re-release of the series (Sakura Diaries - Collector's Edition).
there was no press release for sakura diaries so I don't know what you are talking about.
Old 2004-04-20, 20:37   Link #33
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

Send a message via MSN to SirCanealot
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditKing
Someone at AoD is trying to ask Geneon which version of stellvia did they get but here is an quick example of the different between the two.
If they've got the one on the right I hope they fix up the colour! That saturation is terrible. And it seems to look like the ones on the left come from fansubs? I have no idea why they'd use a transfer looking like that.

Geneon will get the DVD Transfer. Simple as.

This topic has a little more info on this subject:

http://forums.animeondvd.com/showfla...b=5&o=&fpart=1
Closed Thread