AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

View Poll Results: Madoka Magica - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 294 82.12%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 10.89%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 3.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 1.96%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 0.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 0.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.28%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 358. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-03-10, 21:49   Link #181
Raiza Sunozaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by taofd View Post
Also keep in mind that QB was already after Madoka even before Madoka learned of magical girls or had any traumatic experience to begin with.
Of course he'd be after her. If he can get another girl to become a Mahou Shoujo, why wouldn't he jump on it? Strong or weak, every Witch helps. And despite any girl becoming a Mahou Shoujo helping his cause, after Mami's death caused Madoka to decide against becoming one, he acknowledges her refusal and moves on... to Sayaka.
And later, when she's been through more traumatic events and has become even more scarred, what does he do? He comes back to her, spouting off that she may be the strongest potential Mahou Shoujo he's ever seen.
Raiza Sunozaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 21:51   Link #182
taofd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekirei07 View Post
That or Homura is just playing a Galga see keeps getting a bad end on and just hits the reset button lol.

This.

Also, at this point I'm seriously wondering if Homura will die sometime in the short future and possibly send Madoka back in time to stop it all from happening.

I actually wasn't too satisfied with this episode. I feel like they're just adding an unnecessary layer of complexity- I would prefer the deal with the issue of QB's system, how to fix it, and give me my happy end :/.

On the grand scheme of things, it is arguable whether or not Madoka's angst is greater than those of other individuals. There is something else going on here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiza Sunozaki View Post
Of course he'd be after he. If he can get another girl to become a Mahou Shoujo, why wouldn't he jump on it? Strong or weak, every Witch helps. And despite any girl becoming a Mahou Shoujo helping his cause, after Mami's death caused Madoka to decide against becoming one, he acknowledges her refusal and moves on... to Sayaka.
And later, when she's been through more traumatic events and has become even more scarred, what does he do? He comes back to her, spouting off that she may be the strongest potential Mahou Shoujo he's ever seen.
However, this doesn't explain why OTHER individuals with traumatic experiences are not being recruited. If emotional range were the only pre-requisite to becoming a powerful mahou shoujo, I'd advise he visit the local psych ward.
taofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 22:01   Link #183
Raiza Sunozaki

Quote:
However, this doesn't explain why OTHER individuals with traumatic experiences are not being recruited. If emotional range were the only pre-requisite to becoming a powerful mahou shoujo, I'd advise he visit the local psych ward.
Kyubey's already said that young teenage girls are the important part of a Mahou Shoujo. I think it's safe to assume that his... whatever race he's of has ways of detecting energy which we can not perceive, energy which resides in the emotions of young teenage girls. All I'm thinking and running with here is that if a young teenage girl has a decent source of energy in her if she's relatively normal, then one who's in a hell of a situation like Madoka, where her emotions must be flying off in every direction at once, would have considerably more energy.
Old 2011-03-10, 22:01   Link #184
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

This was an absolutely wonderful episode, 10/10. Hopefully this episode stops a lot of people from claiming so called "plot-holes...
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 22:05   Link #185
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

Just curious if anyone is still claiming Kyubei isn't evil? Even with episode 10, all excuses made for him still stands eg his morals is different from humans, he doesn't understand emotions, etc. The only difference is he cheerfully waves goodbye as humanity dies completely. So much for benefiting humanity in the long run eh

Perhaps it will help people think what exactly is the basis of good/evil
FlavorOfLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 22:07   Link #186
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Well... that was certainly an exciting ride.

How I wish that Urobuchi had handled Haruhi's Endless Eight a year and a half ago.

As a character study, and when it comes to gaining emotional investment, this episode was excellent. A fair bit was revealed about each and every character (especially Homura and Madoka, of course), and it was fun to see so many questions answered in such a short timeframe. Two key questions were answered resoundingly well by this episode:

1. Why does Homura care so much about Madoka?

2. What makes Madoka such a great magical girl?

Madoka came off superbly in this episode. She made a fine magical girl. I like how when the shit really hit the fan in Timeline 3, Madoka was the one who kept her head on straight and stopped Psycho Mami from killing the works of them.

I'm also impressed with how much was jammed into this episode while it still not being overly hard to follow.

On the other hand... I share some of taofd's concerns.

I'll make a more elaborate reply tomorrow.

But a fun and very interesting watch.
Old 2011-03-10, 22:09   Link #187
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

What if Homura prevented WN from becoming a magical girl? If there's no WN, then there's no need for Madoka to become a MG.
Old 2011-03-10, 22:09   Link #188
Raiza Sunozaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavorOfLife View Post
Just curious if anyone is still claiming Kyubei isn't evil? Even with episode 10, all excuses made for him still stands eg his morals is different from humans, he doesn't understand emotions, etc. The only difference is he cheerfully waves goodbye as humanity dies completely. So much for benefiting humanity in the long run eh

There is no such thing as good or evil. People just decide what they agree with and don't agree with. And when a collective of people decide on what they generally think is good and evil, we get society.
Therefore, since Kyubey is not part of human society, there's no real point in labeling him good or evil.
Old 2011-03-10, 22:12   Link #189
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

ep10 in a nutshell: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t3CWk6dSdE
Old 2011-03-10, 22:12   Link #190
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Bad end:

Homura is finally able to save Madoka... and goes back in time anyway. Since her wish was to redo her encounter with Madoka. For all eternity

Derp.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 22:14   Link #191
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
There is no such thing as good or evil. People just decide what they agree with and don't agree with. And when a collective of people decide on what they generally think is good and evil, we get society.
Therefore, since Kyubey is not part of human society, there's no real point in labeling him good or evil.
I disagree.

Somewhat ironically, I'll admit, I think that what Kyubey is doing is evil. He's basically setting all of humanity up for genocide.

That's evil.
Old 2011-03-10, 22:14   Link #192
Elestia

Well it turned out pretty much how "if QB was evil" viewpoint group had suspected all along. Once we had the motive, we can conveniently explain all the plotholes and foreshadowing shown to the viewers. While some people chose to dismiss the bits and pieces of evidence, and even persisted to a certain degree after the revelation of the "MG>Witch" system. All the endless hours of conjectures and piecing together bits of dialogue and scenes have really paid off in this episode. Nearly all the "plot-holes" have been neatly nailed, buried, and shot into the sun. I do not believe there is any shadow of a doubt, no iota of room for "pure speculators" to convince or persuade anyone that QB is not the very definition of evil that must be eradicated entirely.

It's funny now that it reached this point to finally let the cat out of the box. A lot of the conjectures put into framing the narrative behind QB motives was something I have never seen in a very long time. The series has brought out the best and worst of people, but the amount of dedication and effort stitching together a working theory and to be tested and assailed against by the opposing group have really turned the theories into a real piece diamond. Sure the beginning was rough, but the amount of information we had made the speculations and conjecture building much more challenging and ultimately stretched to satisfy our intellectual capacity.

As for QB, I'm going to spend the next couple of days brainstorming the most fitting punishment for that ***** little hairball of a devil.
Elestia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 22:15   Link #193
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishycloud View Post
This might be how it ends. Kyubey says that she was more powerful than he imagined. Maybe because she tapped into the power from her previous timelines
This must like from the movie The One, most of the Laws (Jet Li's character) eliminated until there were only two Laws remaining, both of them very powerful.

To the girls, especially to Madoka and Homura... My toast is for you all. Cheers.
Old 2011-03-10, 22:21   Link #194
Raiza Sunozaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I disagree.

Somewhat ironically, I'll admit, I think that what Kyubey is doing is evil. He's basically setting all of humanity up for genocide.

That's evil.
Well, that's just my opinion on morality, so I guess it doesn't matter very much.
Generally, I have nothing against Kyubey sacrificing a few billion human beings, though I do acknowledge that generally, humanity would be against what he does. He's just doing what he does best, without doubting his cause. He's just like the the heroic Crusaders of the Medieval Period, slaughtering thousands of people for the sake of their religion.
For me, good and evil have no merit when you realize the people who support and condemn things in their name tend to be bloody hypocrites.
Old 2011-03-10, 22:22   Link #195
taofd

Quote:
Kyubey's already said that young teenage girls are the important part of a Mahou Shoujo. I think it's safe to assume that his... whatever race he's of has ways of detecting energy which we can not perceive, energy which resides in the emotions of young teenage girls. All I'm thinking and running with here is that if a young teenage girl has a decent source of energy in her if she's relatively normal, then one who's in a hell of a situation like Madoka, where her emotions must be flying off in every direction at once, would have considerably more energy.
That doesn't explain why Mami also knew that Madoka was a girl with a lot of potential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I disagree.

That's evil.
I'm actually still on the fence. While I think that destroying an entire race is almost always considered an evil act, his intentions (from what we can see and take at face value) is not evil. Also his comment at the end is very strange. He asks Homura if she is going to continue to fight (almost with childlike innocence-- as if he cannot understand why she wouldn't continue to fight, even though her race will be destroyed). To him, it probably would be the most logical thing for him to do.
taofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 22:25   Link #196
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavorOfLife View Post

well he has a but of sympathy form me. i mean the furball is working with a quota. he probably has to deal moronic sales and marketing managers who is on his case all the time about meeting his quota.
Old 2011-03-10, 22:26   Link #197
Raiza Sunozaki

Quote:
That doesn't explain why Mami also knew that Madoka was a girl with a lot of potential.
Maybe it's because of how Madoka was honest with her on how she thinks of herself as worthless and a coward?
All right, you have me here. I'm rather grasping at straws now. Well, it was a fun theory to run with.
Old 2011-03-10, 22:26   Link #198
Elestia

Yes, but good salesmen have repeat customer. And... you know.... Earth gets destroyed.... yeah....
Elestia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 22:27   Link #199
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Bad end:

Homura is finally able to save Madoka... and goes back in time anyway. Since her wish was to redo her encounter with Madoka. For all eternity

Derp.

That did play into QB's hands. He has an infinite amount of times to access Madoka's power.
Old 2011-03-10, 22:28   Link #200
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
Yes, but good salesmen have repeat customer. And... you know.... Earth gets destroyed.... yeah....
but he meet his quota that is the important thing, getting his sale manager off his back

Tags
madoka magica, time travel