AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2013-09-23, 17:15   Link #41
Zeydra
A random passerby

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatouFTW View Post
For one thing, it would make it impossible for him to have used 3DMG to escape after deshifting.

For another thing... it just doesn't make any sense that he would have the necessary training or mentality at that age for a critical mission. I know, this is anime, where 12 year olds with the power to destroy the world are standard. But AoT seems a little elevated beyond that puerility. OTOH, Eren executed a brutal slaughter of several thugs when he was only eight(?), but does that mean he could have coped with turning into a titan...?

I'll be disappointed if it turns out to be an 11 year old Reiner, let's just say that.
I wouldn't say it's that much of a stretch for someone that age to carry out a mission honestly, Annie from the flashback in episode 23 seemed like she had been trained from a really young age. As for not being able to escape, someone else could have carried him out, probably whoever was in charge of the mission. Armored Titan could be anyone, and while I'm not convinced Reiner is him I'm also not so sure he isn't that I would rule him out just yet.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 10:37   Link #42
moncikoma

WHY? ALWAYS THUNDER IF SOME TITAN SHOWS UP?

no spoiler please!

maybe:

1. need thunder for power?

2. to make it just cool and epic

3. accident always happen!
moncikoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 10:55   Link #43
BatouFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by moncikoma View Post

WHY? ALWAYS THUNDER IF SOME TITAN SHOWS UP?

no spoiler please!

maybe:

1. need thunder for power?

2. to make it just cool and epic

3. accident always happen!
I was thinking that if the AoT world is postapocalyptic, and titans were advanced weapon systems, they might operate off an orbital platform that concentrates solar power (we know from Hanji's experiments they are solar-powered, but doing a shift must require a large initial burst). Makes me wonder if new unpiloted titans spawn in the wild the same way... wouldn't the Recon Corps have seen a thunderbolt or two over the years if that was the case, though?
BatouFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 20:23   Link #44
BatouFTW

Having watched ep 24 like six times now, I began to get interested in the characters who are missing from the ep (not many, it includes a lot of them), and what it might imply for the next ep.

Most significant in my mind is Mikke[?], Erwin's right hand man. In retrospect, it also surprises me that he was missing from the planning meeting shown in the flashback. I have to conclude Erwin sent him ahead on some very important mission requiring total trust, but what? We've already seen plans a, b and c, is there a plan D also?

The others missing are the rest of the 104th crew... Sasha, Connie, Reiner, Bert, Ymir and Christa. Have they been assigned to Mikke's task force, and if so, with what mission? Or have they been left home on the assumption they are not ready to face the FT who is both a raging killer and their friend who betrayed them. That would be real-world reasonable, but for narrative purposes, unlikely, so I expect them to show up. I haven't got a clue what they might be doing, though. What job would use a task force of an elite commander and a bunch of raw rookies? Or maybe they have been sent on a dummy mission because Erwin thinks the spy is among them, and Mikke was assigned to lead it in order to give the dummy mission credibility and keep the spy in the dark about the FT capture. That would be a very Erwinlike scheme. In which case, will we see the spy caught when the dummy mission is revealed as a dummy? Is Erwin going for the traitor twofer, the FT and the spy? Epic if so.

I really have no idea what ep 25 holds, but it will surely be epic!
Old 2013-09-24, 20:30   Link #45
BatouFTW

I really want to see Mikke fight, though, since Hanji described him as a total badass. And with Levi out, wouldn't they need him even more to go against FT? Also really want to see what Erwin can actually do in his 3DMG. They built up the unboxing of his gear so much in 24, I am hopefulhe will join the action this time.

Also, I rewatched the scene where Mikke is introduced with Hanji just before Eren goes to court, and I think one of the MP guards who shoved Eren is also one of the dudes who was selling gear on the black market and beat up that rookie with the pageboy haircut. Nice little bit of continuity if so. I hope a Titan eats him.
Old 2013-09-26, 09:38   Link #46
moncikoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatouFTW View Post
I was thinking that if the AoT world is postapocalyptic, and titans were advanced weapon systems, they might operate off an orbital platform that concentrates solar power (we know from Hanji's experiments they are solar-powered, but doing a shift must require a large initial burst). Makes me wonder if new unpiloted titans spawn in the wild the same way... wouldn't the Recon Corps have seen a thunderbolt or two over the years if that was the case, though?
that make sense...,

so we can confirmed that, if the thunder never reach, annie cant henshin ...

then we must put annie inside a car..., just to be safe...but... too bad there is no car...in SNK ;p

i hope hanji will find a way to deflect thunder, maybe with anti thunder coat or some spray...haha
moncikoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 23:28   Link #47
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanfan View Post
Hi, I'm an Amine viewer and had never read the manga. I have a few questions and hope you guys can answer them.

During the last Survey corp expedition, how did Erwin/Levi/Survey crop know that the Female Titan will show up? How did they even know that she exists? As I recall, FT showed up for the first time during that expedition. How did they come up with the plan to capture her? How did they prepare all those carts and set the traps?

During that expedition, when Armin told the FT that Eren is on the right wing but the FT went to the center instead. How did she know where to go?

Spoiler for The spy in the Survey Corp...:

What do you guys think?
I think this is very plausible. Nobody knew where Levi squad was except for Levi squad and Erwin. Reiner didn't know their location because he too was given misinformation, HOWEVER, Armin deduces their correct location aloud right before he, Jean and Reiner try to delay Annie. By that point Reiner, thanks to Armin, already had a very likely location for Eren. As soon as Reiner escapes Annie's grip, she starts heading straight for Eren, and she had no way to know where he'd be. I don't believe in coincidence, so yeah...
Old 2014-01-18, 10:57   Link #48
aperson

Just finished blitzing through 25 episodes in about 3 days and had a few thoughts.

Spoiler for Similarities to Claymore (Manga reader):

Spoiler for Similarities to Fullmetal Alchemist (Anime only viewer):
aperson is offline   Reply With Quote