AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: My-Otome Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 19 14.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 22.14%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 31 23.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 35 26.72%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 9.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 3.05%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.76%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-01, 17:40   Link #1
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

[Mai Otome] Episode 21 Discussion/Poll

Welcome to this week's Episode of Mai-Otome.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep Manga spoilers out of the anime thread. If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the Manga, either PM them or use Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.
Be aware that due to the very nature of these threads, current episode content will be discussed without the use of Spoiler tags. Also, since these threads go up early, unrestrained speculation about the upcoming episode will be knee-deep. If you haven't seen the Episode, I would advise you not to click into the thread prior to the Fan-sub release, or don't complain if you're spoiled.

Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=My Otome]The Frank Burns reference is in homage to an old American TV show.[/spoiler]

....will get you this...
Spoiler for My Otome:
Old 2006-03-01, 19:51   Link #2
Hyosuke575

Okay next episode from the previews it looks like we finally get to see Mikoto. Whether Mikoto is the cat or not we don't know but after everything that happens wouldn't be surprised. It also looks like the contract between Arika and Mashiro is going to become more official because you know the contract at first was just to save their hides and little by little we saw Arika acting more like her otome but nothing was official yet so that should be interesting. Finally, it looks like we will get more information about Shizuru and Tomoe in the next episode, hopefully. Although Sunrise could be the people they are and not reveal anything at all and just leave us hanging because their good at that too. Anyways can't wait for next episode.
Old 2006-03-01, 22:46   Link #3
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

I don't expect much from episode 21, I was never a Mikoto fan so her appearance won't factor in on my enjoyment, but hopefully with Mikoto's appearance, Mai's arrival will be soon at hand.

I wonder when Sergay's gonna discover who the new Shinso is. I also wonder what he'll do about it once he finds out. The final betrayal of the North Hound?
Old 2006-03-01, 23:09   Link #4
monster

I'm hoping this Mikoto would not have the same personality MH Mikoto has throughout most of the series.
Old 2006-03-01, 23:35   Link #5
ArchDragon
The Ultimate Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma
I don't expect much from episode 21, I was never a Mikoto fan so her appearance won't factor in on my enjoyment, but hopefully with Mikoto's appearance, Mai's arrival will be soon at hand.

I wonder when Sergay's gonna discover who the new Shinso is. I also wonder what he'll do about it once he finds out. The final betrayal of the North Hound?
He certainly won't be happy once he find out, and he eventually will.
But I doubt he'll switch sides just because of that, Rena is already dead anyway.
It'll be a different case if they're experimenting on a still living Rena.

A better question, however, is what he will do once Nagi send him out with the Valkyries (and most likely Nina too) to capture Mashiro and Arika.
Old 2006-03-02, 00:06   Link #6
Fishbait

I am eagerly waiting for the explanation for the toys lying around near the bed as shown in the preview.....
Old 2006-03-02, 01:07   Link #7
Hyosuke575

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishbait
I am eagerly waiting for the explanation for the toys lying around near the bed as shown in the preview.....
Yeah...... pretty sure those are stuffed animals and things for a baby. Definitely not what you are thinking. (shudders)
Old 2006-03-02, 01:10   Link #8
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyosuke575
Yeah...... pretty sure those are stuffed animals and things for a baby. Definitely not what you are thinking. (shudders)
Well there is that rocking horse Maybe someone like paying horsie
Old 2006-03-02, 02:13   Link #9
Hyosuke575

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
Well there is that rocking horse Maybe someone like paying horsie
True we don't know what kind of tastes Shizuru has or Tomoe for that matter, but I don't think thats something Sunrise will dwelve into.
Old 2006-03-02, 05:07   Link #10
Anime Adoru

Well, Doremi says the title for next episode is "white princess, moment of awakening". If the white princess is Mashiro, from the preview it looks like she might grow further (and tremendously) and this time has Arika enter the master/otome bond for real. So that might be the main step forward: a Mashiro that takes action and becomes a real force for the remaining episode.
Old 2006-03-02, 06:11   Link #11
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Strong possibility that Episode 21 is about Mashiro's Emotional Matruition, considering the word Mashiro literally means Pure White in Japanese.
Old 2006-03-02, 09:08   Link #12
DwArD
mAnIaC

Well, since the anime is approaching its climax, I was sort of wondering when we'll get to see the rest of the 5 pillars and Mai in action...plus Arika's new uniform.

Anyway, I'm not expecting much from ep 21. We'll most prob get to see some Nina vs Mikoto action.
Old 2006-03-02, 09:38   Link #13
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Adoru
Well, Doremi says the title for next episode is "white princess, moment of awakening". If the white princess is Mashiro, from the preview it looks like she might grow further (and tremendously) and this time has Arika enter the master/otome bond for real. So that might be the main step forward: a Mashiro that takes action and becomes a real force for the remaining episode.
One of the preview screens for episode 21st has Arika kneeling before Mashiro and kissing her right hand; also could be that Arika is kissing the ring on Mashiro's finger. By doing so, both officially seal the Otome-Master contract.
Old 2006-03-02, 10:15   Link #14
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Adoru
Maybe Mashiro somehow gets The Mashiro this ep ... I mean Arika has the Blue Sky Saphire, Nina has the Ultimate Black Dimond ... it's only fair

... that harmonium thing is so confusing (colored circles) ... it almost looks like they intended for them to have those colors but eventualy changed they're minds but kept the initial color idea for the harmonium ... little bastardz ... don't make it too confusing ... anyway looks like more thing's about the harmonium are going to be revealed ... hope they don't make it like the "First district" thing in MH ... or did I miss something
Old 2006-03-02, 11:11   Link #15
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

Very little action

Id just like to remind everyone that there are 6 episodes left and we still havent seen any massive fights. Considering theres supposed to be a war brewing, I find this odd and annoying.

Its always the same thing. They get interupted, or theres an explosing and cut to the aftermath (arika v nina, fia), etc. There doesnt look to be any fighting in this upcoming episode so they really got 5 eps to show us a tad of fighting.

So it looks like I was right when I posted a little 'timeline' of how things would turn out. I said we'd be lucky if they started the fighting in earnest by ep20. Theyd probably start in ep 24-26. Well we are not lucky.

Wait a minute....could it be? Could I be trying to say "I told you so?" Oh my the arrogance. The audacity of me to count my eggs before their hatched. Fighting by eps 24-26. Ha! We should consider ourselves lucky if there's a slap fight.
Old 2006-03-02, 11:19   Link #16
wuabbs
addictive stuff

Send a message via MSN to wuabbs
Quote:
"Id just like to remind everyone that there are 6 episodes left and we still havent seen any massive fights. Considering theres supposed to be a war brewing, I find this odd and annoying.

Its always the same thing. They get interupted, or theres an explosing and cut to the aftermath (arika v nina, fia), etc. There doesnt look to be any fighting in this upcoming episode so they really got 5 eps to show us a tad of fighting.

So it looks like I was right when I posted a little 'timeline' of how things would turn out. I said we'd be lucky if they started the fighting in earnest by ep20. Theyd probably start in ep 24-26. Well we are not lucky.

Wait a minute....could it be? Could I be trying to say "I told you so?" Oh my the arrogance. The audacity of me to count my eggs before their hatched. Fighting by eps 24-26. Ha! We should consider ourselves lucky if there's a slap fight."
Its not all about fighting.
Old 2006-03-02, 11:28   Link #17
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
http://dat.2chan.net/18/res/2369953.htm
Images Arrived

Spoiler:

Last edited by Catgirls; 2006-03-02 at 11:45.
Old 2006-03-02, 11:33   Link #18
EnseiSong
Clous Dolch

http://nov.2chan.net/24/res/300981.htm
there you go...
Old 2006-03-02, 11:45   Link #19
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

Enough with the "its not all about fighting" line. Marriage isnt all about S E X either, but even Al Bundy expected some play. We are getting nothing that qualifies as such.

As for the spoiler:
I knew this series had some tie-in with Mai-Hime.

So once again: I told you so.
Old 2006-03-02, 11:46   Link #20
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Nagi reading Nina's profile.

Spoiler:

I cannot discern more on what's written on the report, but it could quite cement the 50/50 that....
Spoiler:
Closed Thread