4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-21, 23:09   Link #41
VirtualEclipse

Seeing as Takano works in the medical field and obviously has quite a bit of wit, I don't see it as impossible that she knows about Rena's condition and intentionally planted the parasite/maggot thing to freak her out more.

I like the way that theory explained Oyashiro-sama and possibly how Takano could be in the Shrine when she was already dead at the time (Watanagashi-hen). Although I am hoping that Higurashi doesn't turn out to be just a bunch of mentally unstable people stuck in a Groundhog's Day-esque environment, I find it pretty hard to believe that everything is the work of Parasites.
Old 2006-09-21, 23:17   Link #42
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX
People sure are quick to fully believe Tanako's notes despite how mysterious she is. I don't buy them at all. Episode 12 proved to me she's up to something.
I don't like the explanation of 'parasites' very much, either -- seems fairly improbable.

However, we're two episodes away from the end of the show. Might be a little late to throw in red herrings.
Old 2006-09-21, 23:23   Link #43
MarthX

Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage
I don't like the explanation of 'parasites' very much, either -- seems fairly improbable.

However, we're two episodes away from the end of the show. Might be a little late to throw in red herrings.
Two episodes left for the anime, two arcs left for the plot.
Old 2006-09-21, 23:39   Link #44
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Two episodes left for the anime, two arcs left for the plot.
True.

But they're not going to animate those arcs, so for all intents and purposes they should be getting ready to wrap up the show by the end of 26.
Old 2006-09-22, 00:10   Link #45
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
People sure are quick to fully believe Tanako's notes despite how mysterious she is. I don't buy them at all. Episode 12 proved to me she's up to something.
Obviously she's up to something, but just because she is doesn't mean her notes are fake. It's possible that she needs Rena to know what's really going on for some reason.
I'm not 100% convinced that she is telling the truth (maybe 70%, but I was wrong about the twin thing, so... ), but the parasites do explain an awful lot to be something that she made up herself.
Old 2006-09-22, 00:33   Link #46
MarthX

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy
Obviously she's up to something, but just because she is doesn't mean her notes are fake. It's possible that she needs Rena to know what's really going on for some reason.
I'm not 100% convinced that she is telling the truth (maybe 70%, but I was wrong about the twin thing, so... ), but the parasites do explain an awful lot to be something that she made up herself.
I think they're half-truths. Either she doesn't know the full answer or is intentionally doing it. I have a hard tme believing the game would give you the true answer this early.
Old 2006-09-22, 02:53   Link #47
MarmoO

Notes for Shion and notes for Rena were completely different, like specifically prepared for each girl, they nicely coped with Shion's obsession with Satoshi and her grudges against her family and with Rena's delusional parasitosis. (Shion was sure it is all about Sonozaki's conspiracy, Rena is starting to believe in
Spoiler for (little thing from ep 25):
btw. I can't believe how many people took this seriously).
Old 2006-09-22, 09:49   Link #48
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarmoO
Notes for Shion and notes for Rena were completely different, like specifically prepared for each , they nicely coped with Shion's obsession with Satoshi and her grudges against her family and with Rena's delusional parasitosis.
She has lots of notebooks, obviously. They could all focus on separate leads she has instead of lumping everything into one confusing heap.
It's possible that she did prepare them for each , but if that's the case, how did she know what would appeal to them? She has been researching Hinamizawa, but it's likely that the only two who know about Rena's condition are her father and Dr. Irie, and neither of them would tell her anything. Plus, she would have needed quite a bit of time to get all that stuff together.
Not saying you're wrong, just furthering discussion
Old 2006-09-22, 09:53   Link #49
chrno_the_sinner

Quote:
She has been researching Hinamizawa, but it's likely that the only two who know about Rena's condition are her father and Dr. Irie, and neither of them would tell her anything. Plus, she would have needed quite a bit of time to get all that stuff together.
Not saying you're wrong, just furthering discussion
Takano works for Irie. Getting her hands on the medical files for anyone in Hinamizawa would be cake for her. Plus, seeing as how there's no psychologist that we've seen, Irie probably took notes about mental state as well.
Old 2006-09-22, 10:09   Link #50
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrno_the_sinner
Takano works for Irie. Getting her hands on the medical files for anyone in Hinamizawa would be cake for her. Plus, seeing as how there's no psychologist that we've seen, Irie probably took notes about mental state as well.
These are very good points. I'd forgotten about Takano working for Irie. I suppose the parasite theory will remain in the 'maybe, but probably not' bin.
Old 2006-09-22, 11:29   Link #51
Kisuke06
I see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3killerloli's
^ What game is your signature pic from?
It's from a game caller "It's a Wonderful World" for DS:

http://www.kh2.co.uk/image.php?view=...ns/scn0001.jpg
Old 2006-09-22, 11:54   Link #52
I<3killerloli's

^ Huh. Can't find any info about it on GameFAQ's. Could there be any other possible title for it?
Old 2006-09-22, 12:16   Link #53
Kisuke06
I see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3killerloli's
^ Huh. Can't find any info about it on GameFAQ's. Could there be any other possible title for it?
Hm... that I don't know. This game has been announced recently, maybe they haven't put on gamefaq's yet.
Old 2006-09-22, 12:50   Link #54
chrno_the_sinner

Search for Subarashiki Kono Sekai.
Old 2006-09-22, 20:02   Link #55
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Wow a lot of things came out in this episode. I so dont believe the stuff written in Takano journels. Its too neat it offers a perfect and clear account of the things going on in the town. As a matter a fact its too neat and i mean come on parasites. I cant wait to see how things end with Rena seems like shes starting to loose it. She so cute even when shes elbow deep in blood and body parts
Old 2006-09-22, 20:10   Link #56
BrokenWingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra
Wow a lot of things came out in this episode. I so dont believe the stuff written in Takano journels. Its too neat it offers a perfect and clear account of the things going on in the town. As a matter a fact its too neat and i mean come on parasites. I cant wait to see how things end with Rena seems like shes starting to loose it. She so cute even when shes elbow deep in blood and body parts
It is just her research, so i would believe that some are real and some are just myths. Of course it is the most logical answer and since she seems to die in practically all the arcs, i would believe that there is a reason to kill her hence why some of her notes are real, but to make sense which one..no idea.
Old 2006-09-23, 00:06   Link #57
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenWingz
It is just her research, so i would believe that some are real and some are just myths. Of course it is the most logical answer and since she seems to die in practically all the arcs, i would believe that there is a reason to kill her hence why some of her notes are real, but to make sense which one..no idea.
Unless she fakes her own death...
Old 2006-09-23, 00:34   Link #58
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Unless she fakes her own death...
What is pretty much what happens, I think, with info we have of Watanagashi-hen (Oishii: "The dead are walking way too much around here...") and that "You didn't see me this night" on Tatarigoroshi-hen.

I can't even believe she is researching something. This research is just another lie to me... Just to instigate the children and the people of the village into madness

Last edited by theacefrehley; 2006-09-23 at 00:50.
Old 2006-09-23, 06:41   Link #59
Choki
I believe i can fly

Wow....Takano note's of doom and Ciel idea of curry on a hot day....facinating
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theacefrehley
What is pretty much what happens, I think, with info we have of Watanagashi-hen (Oishii: "The dead are walking way too much around here...") and that "You didn't see me this night" on Tatarigoroshi-hen.
I do believe that in the last part they do show that Shion is Shion and that the one who was attacking Keiichi was Mion.
Old 2006-09-23, 09:51   Link #60
Kisuke06
I see...

Something that I just thought: Why would Rena believe in that explanation for the "Oyashiro-sama's curse" if she said she already met with Oyashiro-sama? I mean, the parasites make the person go berserk, but not halluccinate, right?
Closed Thread