AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

View Poll Results: School Days - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 12 16.90%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 25.35%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 19.72%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 21.13%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 11.27%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 5.63%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-21, 22:27   Link #21
Thingle
Banned

She'll offer herself even more. Hmmm lovely. A submissive girl with big boobs
Old 2007-08-21, 22:59   Link #22
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for episode 8:
Old 2007-08-21, 23:14   Link #23
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Oh right, I forgot my "Otome still sucks" comment.
Old 2007-08-21, 23:19   Link #24
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Anyone else notice Setsuna's eyes were of a different color at the end when (you know what) that happened? [Refer to Omni's site]

Isn't her eye color suppose to be reddish-orange?
Old 2007-08-22, 04:55   Link #25
Narumi
*Fansubber

That was a turn out of nowhere... they pulled the Setsuna Summer Days scenario and placed it at the most interesting time.

And thus more was added to Kotonoha's mess of problems. Is it time for her to snap yet?
Old 2007-08-22, 05:01   Link #26
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narumi View Post
That was a turn out of nowhere... they pulled the Setsuna Summer Days scenario and placed it at the most interesting time.
huh? no actually, this scenario happens in School Days (the game), it is unrelated with Summer Days at all.
Quote:
And thus more was added to Kotonoha's mess of problems. Is it time for her to snap yet?
As far as the anime goes, this isn't exactly what change drastically her mind. But currently, she is already changed, for the worse.

as for my opinion for this episode : average at best. Setsuna was used as a "trainwreck" plot device. She wasn't supposed to be brutally introduced in the "race" like this *sigh*
Kotonoha "change of tactics" are also too bold for my liking (well, she does it, but it is like a complete switch, not exactly well paced)

i can't believe they add another plot point like this, whilere there are only 4 episodes left. the rest will be butchered at this rate.
Old 2007-08-22, 05:12   Link #27
Narumi
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
huh? no actually, this scenario happens in School Days (the game), it is unrelated with Summer Days at all.
For me, Setsuna didn't show much personal interest towards Makoto in School Days... it wasn't until Summer Days that her reason (as explained in the EP) for being interested in him was explained and expanded upon.

But it's possible that this was a scenario I overlooked in School Days.
Old 2007-08-22, 05:18   Link #28
ZenithTheOne

Makoto just got one big + in my opinion poll. He actually says "Ore wa saite", finally admiting he's a the worst anime lead in history
Old 2007-08-22, 05:56   Link #29
l3LooDLusT

wow SD is getting less and less interesting and its shows how people can be so stupid when it comes to sex *points to* makoto. Wellat least they point out his good side on why most of the girl falls for him "The setsuna past scene" at least we know why their heads over heels for him. its just sad, well its kinda boring now almost all wat i though is gonna happen, happened so no point on watching the series but im still curious about the the camera on how otome and her gang is gonna use it.

[possible spoiler removed by a moderator]
Old 2007-08-22, 08:31   Link #30
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
Makoto just couldn't break up with Katsura because he saw her boobs etc etc

wow...
Also W.T.F at the end. How come when a person kisses another person in a harem anime, there is a huge chance that someone else sees them?
Love Hina is one good example.

What's up with Setsuna you know what by the way?
Old 2007-08-22, 09:04   Link #31
Traece
:cool:

This episode wasn't really much of a surprise. At this point it was very obvious that there would be an apology, promises of intercourse, sad news, and a kiss.
The only thing that wasn't foreshadowed by a previous episode or by the early stages of this episode, was a war!
Spoiler for Setsuna:
Old 2007-08-22, 09:25   Link #32
Srin Tuar
無謀

Spoiler:
Old 2007-08-22, 10:44   Link #33
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

The momentum gained by smacking her in the face is pretty much killed when you get on your knees and beg isnt it? Geez.

Edit: This is definately crossing into hentai territory. "ill let you touch me down there too" she says. Geez.

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

omai wa yowai....naze yowai ka? tarinai kara da nikushimiga

Last edited by Souten no Seigyoku; 2007-08-22 at 11:14.
Old 2007-08-22, 12:24   Link #34
xPQteX
Insane Cookie!

Send a message via MSN to xPQteX
i see some of you are talking about some "summer days" related to School days .. is thise in a game version or manga version ? :x

i know this have nothing to do with the post but rather want to get this answered than me being confused later when people are makes "this is releated to summer days" post :x
Old 2007-08-22, 12:32   Link #35
rainnydaiis
Let it Rain

Send a message via MSN to rainnydaiis
The power of girls being seductive just proves that certain men like Makoto will fail into the trap so easily. I gave this episode for 9 because I couldn't stop laughing at the classes competition, and I just happened to love the turning point.

But looking at it, I have no idea how this anime might go. Seeing as to how they have to end it within 4 episodes. Maybe a cram might be right?
Old 2007-08-22, 12:33   Link #36
danicrai
Sword Apprentice

hmm .. after some intense eps .. this one is kinda average and weak ..

Spoiler for sd:
Old 2007-08-22, 12:34   Link #37
Echoes

All in all a pretty disappointing episode. Not just because of the plot sidetracking, which leaves me wondering how it'll all wrap up in just a few more episodes, but also because of the cliche ending. Of course she just happened to walk in on them, I expected a little better from School Days to be honest. At least she actually walked in on them and she'll have to confront her with it, it wasn't one of those scenes where she just takes a peek through some hole in the wall and leaves without saying a word to either.

Makoto has of course not improved one bit. I'll be honest enough to say that I'm pretty biased towards hating him at this point, even stuff like staring lustfully at Sekai's uniform sort of angers me, when he does it. He did do some bad stuff that I wouldn't let anyone get away with this episode as well, though. He wasn't able to keep his eyes off Kotonoha, not to anyone's surprise, but still, it's pretty low to still be at the same point as he was when this whole mess started. It's like he's not even trying improve. The one redeeming factor was that he did indeed realize what he was doing was wrong, and admitted to being a terrible guy

Kotonoha has had a lot of negative character development, she's no longer the gentle, kind girl she was at the beginning of the show. I think she needed to develop her personality, but she's going about it in the worst way possible.
I thought she had a little more common sense, she should be able to realize that if she has to offer herself as a bribe to even get him to spend some time with her, something isn't *quite* right in their relationship. Love isn't supposed to be logical and whatnot, but there are some limits to what I'd consider kosher. The move from innocent to almost slutty isn't one I approve much of. In addition, she's becoming increasingly pathetic in her efforts on other fronts, even begging Sekai to leave him alone. Now, I'm a Kotonoha-fanboy, but even I can't put up with utter stupidity for long. My Koto-meter dropped a few points this episode, though I sort of knew it was coming.

Sekai, on the other hand, made a few good moves this episode. She finally pushed Makoto away for once, yatta! Absolutely a step in the right direction, if worst comes to worst and she actually ends up with Makoto, she needs to take some control of the relationship and show him that she's not the kind of girl who's pushed around easily. The standard moral dilemma occurred, with Sekai insisting what they were doing wasn't right, and Makoto, obviously, insisting it was just fine. Sekai seems to be moving forward, at the very least.

I don't know just how to feel about Setsuna yet. In a way, her reaction was sort of disappointing, but I can't say she did the wrong thing trying to solve things her way either, she's sort of in the gray area from my point of view now.
Old 2007-08-22, 12:37   Link #38
Vestus
Pasokon-Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Vestus
Makoto(+1 points):
This episode has change my view of Makoto. Before, I thought he was just some "playing son of a B****". Now I think of him as "a normal guy with no self control" from what I saw with the scene on the train with Kotonoha and what he said about himself after he got off the train.

From what I see I think he truly cares for Sekai and Kotonoha. I'd like to say that he loves Kotonoha, but from that train scene I'm not so sure now. Same thing with Sekai, I don't know if he loves her or not. Since the scene in Sekai's room may be up for debate.

Sekai(+10 points):
Again, Sekai has moved up in my rankings alittle bit. I think that she's finnaly seeing through her love for Makoto. I see her constantly questioning the ethics involved with dating Makoto. Which shows to me that she is trying to do the right thing. And don't forget her pushing off Makoto.

Kotonoha(-5 points):
Only thing I can comment on is the scene on the train. All I have to say is, I saw it coming (no pun intended). Kotonoha is so blind and stupid.

Setsuna(-2 points):
All I have to say is idiot. I bet my Magic Deck (won me over 500$ through Friday Night Magic Tournaments, and still counting) that she isn't gonna move so the drama would just increase even more.

Also, we finnaly found out why she is so "I can't think of the word" when it comes to Sekai and Makoto's relationship.

Ending:
I can only see one ending, and I'm gonna be depressed for 3 weeks if that ending is realized .

Last edited by Vestus; 2007-08-22 at 12:47.
Old 2007-08-22, 14:21   Link #39
Chewy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souten no Seigyoku View Post
Edit: This is definately crossing into hentai territory. "ill let you touch me down there too" she says. Geez.
I don't remember her saying THAT... well it may be implied but she never really says it. Was that from a sub ? If it is would you mind posting the few subbed lines from that scene ?
Old 2007-08-22, 15:04   Link #40
Solafighter
Hige

Good episode. Canīt wait for the next one.

Spoiler for Episode 8: