AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-08-14, 10:37   Link #9201
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

OH HELL YES! Top Gun, Steel Wall and Radley-Walters Medal, ho!
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

This was a map where everything came together. Went North and pretty much camped the bridge in an ambush position, and used my 122mm derp to basically nail everything that was hitting us.

That said had a great team who were unlucky enough to be more exposed; they lit up the targets for me and I just serviced them as fast as I could.

The last kill was the SU-76, who was backing up and away from the T49 chasing him, when I saw him, he entered my sights, and so I opened fire. Boom.

I love my derpgun.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-14, 10:42   Link #9202
Gravitas Free Zone

I have the PTA, but still need ~40K XP to get the L7A1, then the 216K XP to the Leo 1. So that's 18K XP per day, which would mean playing the PTA exclusively for two weeks.

I tried doing that with the M103 during the On-Track to the T110E5, and I gave up quickly. I hate grinding the same tank for thirty games in a row, especially at high tiers.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-14, 11:41   Link #9203
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

The PTA is very difficult to play without the top engine and the top gun.

Without either, its... well, UPS box on wheels.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-14, 11:50   Link #9204
Gravitas Free Zone

I do have the engine, suspension, and turret now, and enough camo skill on the crew that I can lurk in the shadows somewhat.

Main issue is that it has the gun depression of a Soviet tank but not the frontal armor of same, though it does move around easily enough for me.
Old 2013-08-14, 11:55   Link #9205
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

You will love the Leo I then. The depression on that tank is one of the best.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-14, 13:15   Link #9206
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

The next 15 years special is for light tanks, so expect a lot of sealclubbing in the next days. I think this could be a good time to get the X-ader out of the garage.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-14, 13:31   Link #9207
Newhope

Time to give the game a rest for a few months again I think, pretty much a waste of time playing ATM when your always placed in Tier 8 games in a Tier 6.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-14, 15:32   Link #9208
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Which is why never grinned after getting the Lee elited back in 8.4. It was freaking hard getting the priest fake healer and T 1 heavy but felt good after it was over. Tho I prolly won't get back the healer or purchase a T1.

The good thing about grinding is prolly crew xp other than that I see no benefit besides getting the next tank. Free xping everything is the best. You can play the next tier within days or a week if you collect all the dailies everyday which I find impossible since all the crap games I've gotten in the past and all the tanks I got now.

The good thing about owning alot of tanks would be no waiting for tanks to come back from a game. Downside is you start to have less time on each tank when you increase garage size. Then filling crewmen in all of them gets to be another problem cuz I never leave my tanks unmanned.

Alas I don't play too many rounds anymore. So far I have only gotten 2 tank dailies done of I'm luck I can troll tier 1-3.
Old 2013-08-14, 17:34   Link #9209
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Time to give the game a rest for a few months again I think, pretty much a waste of time playing ATM when your always placed in Tier 8 games in a Tier 6.
Match making has been an utter joke lately and I've had nothing but rubbish MM tables paired with equally rubbish teams and its with every tank I try to use...

Its been so frequent that its really starting to put me off the game entirely as it just isn't enjoyable when tanks 2-3 tiers above you are chugging about one shotting everything and your stuck baby sitting a group of curtain munching morons.

I even thought I was starting to build up my stats on the side but thats in the trash after just tonights session.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-14, 18:19   Link #9210
Gravitas Free Zone

On the bright side, school starts again soon for most NA players.
Old 2013-08-14, 19:27   Link #9211
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
That's not much of a consolation ya know.
Old 2013-08-14, 20:20   Link #9212
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I really, REALLY hate this game sometimes:

No surprise, that idiot at the very bottom of the list on my team with absolutely 0 contribution to anything was the one barking orders and insulting everyone too.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-14, 20:56   Link #9213
Gravitas Free Zone

Heh... just had an AMX 13 F3 try to drown itself before it could be swarmed; I dove my tank underwater and rammed it to death before that could happen.
Old 2013-08-14, 21:08   Link #9214
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Couldn't understand drowning these days, as you STILL get full repair costs after the fact. Unless its simple kill denial of course.
Old 2013-08-14, 21:33   Link #9215
Gravitas Free Zone

I hardly ever see it at the beginning of games these days, only at the end for presumed kill denial.
Old 2013-08-14, 22:12   Link #9216
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

I suicide myself sometimes when I'm in a very hopeless situation. Let's say... only you left in your team and the enemy is coming at full force at you, and there's a cliff/water at your side then you can only do the only valuable option.
If I play arty I just try to find a high enough object and just facehug it and fire, tus killing myself in the process (and denying the enemy team a kill)
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-14, 22:20   Link #9217
Gravitas Free Zone

Got my second Halonen's Medal, again while playing at Tier 4, this time in a Hetzer. It helped that parts of our team took a really long time to start doing anything, though that also made the situation rather tense. (Trying to snipe down a Jumbo and a T-34-85 before they got to me.)

Also managed to get the 30-kill mission done in a fairly quick 15 games, but I only had a couple of useable hours to play today.

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2013-08-14 at 22:33.
Old 2013-08-14, 22:41   Link #9218
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I managed to get the 30 kills in around 15 games as well but I still lost a large portion of games today no matter how much damage I did. 0-damage Armchair Generals and people who complain about how much the Vk 36.01H sucks before driving out into the open and dying seem to be my regular teammates at this point.

Well, if nothing else at least I have dragged my personal stats from rock bottom all the way up to "Average" on noobmeter and seem to be showing general improvement in all areas. Just wish I was good enough to carry these terrible teams. Maybe soon I will consider myself average enough to actually platoon with anyone in the clan.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-14, 23:26   Link #9219
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Couldn't understand drowning these days, as you STILL get full repair costs after the fact. Unless its simple kill denial of course.
Preserve your e-honour
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 00:58   Link #9220
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

denied is what i would say if i saw someone drown themselves after i'm dead.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks