AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

View Poll Results: Soul Eater - Episode 36 Rating
Perfect 10 11 40.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 44.44%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 7.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 7.41%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-12, 17:26   Link #61
OutSmart
Comic Relief

10/10

This is actually the first SOul eater episode I rated here with 10 out of 10. I loved it. It was the kind of episode i was in need. I needed cool fights, I needed Justin LOL and I needed the story to take its next step, AND BAMM!! medusa strikes once more is ONE HELL of a next step ^^

I rly enjoyed this although with spanish subs, I mistaken the torrent sad face but I got it all ^^
Old 2008-12-12, 18:49   Link #62
destiny4everlove

Episode 36

-Justin was so awesome!!!! I liked the way he pwned Giriko and his golems so much!!

-Soul playing the piano was great! I loved it!

-Loved the scenes of Black Star, Kid and Maka pwing Mosquito while Soul was playing the piano! Those scenes were so cool!! I especially liked Maka’s scenes, too bad they aren’t canon.

-I liked Maka’s non-canon scenes, but I hated how they completely changed the ending of Black Star, Kid, Maka vs. Mosquito. I must say that I liked the manga version of the ending of said fight so much better than the one in this episode.The manga showed a pretty awesome Mosquito at the end of that fight, whereas the anime showed a pretty lame Mosquito at the end of the fight. Poor Mosquito!!

-Ox-kun mentioning Kim and Kilik holding up Black Star to shield himself before the explosion was so funny.

-Kilik carrying Black Star and Sid carrying Stein was so touching!

-It seems next episode is going to be a filler... I do hope it is a filler and not…Kid replacing a certain character from the manga that I really want to see.

Thank you so much for my beautiful avy and my amazing sig, TheEroKing!!!
Old 2008-12-12, 22:30   Link #63
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by destiny4everlove View Post
-It seems next episode is going to be a filler... I do hope it is a filler and not…Kid replacing a certain character from the manga that I really want to see.
Well he's in the opening.
Old 2008-12-13, 02:31   Link #64
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Man, SE start to make less and less sense for me.

I means if a random subordinate of Arach can spy from her where did she hide BREW, and another random witch mouses can go in and get it out without being detected by two huge army forces, then why don't they just come a day earlier and get it then? Even that mosquito guy have 800 years to do so.

Ok, assume that the cyclone will only be accessible after 800 years. Why Shibusen do not send full force there earlier and prevent any force from landing into the island? Or just gang up and take from whoever go out from that cyclone? Only 6 elite student in one class of Shibusen school can kill that many of them, and they have the whole school( if "don't risk student's life" was the case ? they were already in when they were told to go out to kill 99 demons and 1 witch)

I knows it was not from the manga, but if the anime let that mosquito guy can detach his head and escape with it, he should just do so in the start (with help of a smoke bomb perhaps)

If a small snake, which can be put into tea can do such huge effect without being detected, why Medusa do not send Mizune sisters and poison the foods of everyone then (include Arach assume Arach is stronger but same level with Marie)? Heck she even can use insecticide that way, do not need magic

I still hope that there is a reason to all these, but seriously i doubt it. Such a huge disappointed from me
Old 2008-12-13, 04:44   Link #65
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Loved the episode, but am I the only one disappointed with the piano music? I was expecting something more epic... rather it sounded like just random key pressing.
Old 2008-12-13, 08:26   Link #66
Zirdante

"Um why so many damn manga spoilers in the anime thread? " Yeah curse humans and our desire to share information :<

"Loved the episode, but am I the only one disappointed with the piano music? I was expecting something more epic... rather it sounded like just random key pressing." It was symbolical, representing the raw and messy uncontrollable power of madness

" Man, SE start to make less and less sense for me.

I means if a random subordinate of Arach can spy from her where did she hide BREW, and another random witch mouses can go in and get it out without being detected by two huge army forces, then why don't they just come a day earlier and get it then? Even that mosquito guy have 800 years to do so.

Ok, assume that the cyclone will only be accessible after 800 years. Why Shibusen do not send full force there earlier and prevent any force from landing into the island? Or just gang up and take from whoever go out from that cyclone? Only 6 elite student in one class of Shibusen school can kill that many of them, and they have the whole school( if "don't risk student's life" was the case ? they were already in when they were told to go out to kill 99 demons and 1 witch)

I knows it was not from the manga, but if the anime let that mosquito guy can detach his head and escape with it, he should just do so in the start (with help of a smoke bomb perhaps)

If a small snake, which can be put into tea can do such huge effect without being detected, why Medusa do not send Mizune sisters and poison the foods of everyone then (include Arach assume Arach is stronger but same level with Marie)? Heck she even can use insecticide that way, do not need magic

I still hope that there is a reason to all these, but seriously i doubt it. Such a huge disappointed from me"

The thing with the snake in the tea - it doesn't do much, but as medusa tells us, stein is already prone to insanity, and he just needed that little nudge from the mini snake to go over the edge.

That 99 demons and 1 witch thing, basically they could skip the demons and just kill 1 witch to get DS mode, but I think the 99 demons part is for the weapon and meister to bond better.

And why didnt they just camp at the island, you need to look at the big picture. They really cant use strategic forecasters to figure out what the enemy will do next, they need to go where stuff happens. If they send most of their men to the island, shibusen would be unprotected, and besides there are most likely other places to guard/do mission in than just 1 item.

And there will be a plot twist with medusa getting the BREW, that will unfold later and you will most likely get your answer then.
Old 2008-12-13, 10:14   Link #67
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Man, SE start to make less and less sense for me.

By spies, if you mean Eruka and Mizune sisters their surpposed to pretend work for Arachne and her organzation remember? They can't make sudden movements or, someone would have noticed which is why they used the fight as confusion to get before anyone else. Arachne was the one who knew where BREW was anyway, so Mosquito probably didn't know about it.

Quote:
Ok, assume that the cyclone will only be accessible after 800 years. Why Shibusen do not send full force there earlier and prevent any force from landing into the island?
Why would they if didn't know anything was still there to begin with? They only recently got the info about Arachne's suspicious movements toward the island and it takes time to moblize a large army.

Quote:
Or just gang up and take from whoever go out from that cyclone? Only 6 elite student in one class of Shibusen school can kill that many of them, and they have the whole school( if "don't risk student's life" was the case ? they were already in when they were told to go out to kill 99 demons and 1 witch)
One large army heading towards the Storm would slow them down and prolong the battle since they would be fighting Arachne's main army, so sending a smaller force to get it while Shibusen's main force to engage Arachne's, would end the battle quicker. BREW is the reason why they are there, if Arachne gets it they lose.

As far as the 6 students are concerned, they are special among their class and were the only ones able to do TSR well enough to join in the fighting.

Quote:
Mosquito never expected to be damage that badly by a bunch of kids who were obiviously inferior to him for half the battle, and believe it or, not he's actually much stronger than they are.

Quote:
The snake's effect isn't that powerful, it only works well on Stein because he's already on the edge, notice Marie wasn't affected by snake even a little bit.
Old 2008-12-13, 20:11   Link #68
Red Lupine
Bulzome High Priest

where is Free in all this?

we haven't seen him since the Medusa fight, I hope they show him again
Old 2008-12-13, 22:05   Link #69
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Lupine View Post
where is Free in all this?

we haven't seen him since the Medusa fight, I hope they show him again
They didn't show him in 29? He was supposed to be there.
Old 2008-12-14, 00:42   Link #70
Girl_who_cried_gnome
lover of the g-pa hair

at first i absolutely hated the piano playing...
i was just like...
in that exact order. yup.

but after a while i guess that it does seem fitting to show his "madness" heh. more like sloppiness... hur hur...
Old 2008-12-14, 00:43   Link #71
ellifeedn
Thinker

If the building and surrounding area were afterimages, then why were they destroyed during the fight like they weren't afterimages?

I think the piano piece Soul was playing was bgm from the Maka-Crona fight, and the piece itself I don't like too much. I wonder if another piano piece could work better.

EDIT: I found this piano piece on youtube which I think could work better, but I'm not sure how to put a link into a post in order to share it with you guys.
Old 2008-12-14, 00:54   Link #72
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monarch of Roses View Post
I agree. I don't think we were supposed to "like" the piano segment. If you recall the piano was merely imo a manifestation of Souls insanity. The piano or more precisely the song was meant to portray that insanity through a jumpy almost messy sound. The eyes of the Kinshin further illustrated this point.
In terms of the argument that the song was supposed to 'portray' insanity: indeed, this was very apparent. So apparent, I'd even say it was trying 'too hard'--the way someone who didn't really understand 'insanity' would do it.

The 'jerky' kind of insanity is about fear. Essentially paranoia. Assuming that the jumpiness of the music was supposed to portray 'insanity', this would be the only definition of insanity which fits. The thing is, though, that the kind of insanity Soul was [supposed to be] experiencing, was more about a loss of his inhibitions. It was supposed to be a seductive, 'liberating' insanity (i.e. as the whole point of the demon's (also rather poorly done) monologue was meant to show). As seductiveness is an aspect of insanity Soul Eater has emphasized (particularly with Stein), I'd argue that the point of the music shouldn't have been for us not to like it, but rather, to like it too much.
Old 2008-12-14, 06:25   Link #73
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

well .. the music doesn't sound pleasant to those who expect a beautiful piece. Since Soul/Maka resonance during Free fight (which has the piano BGM in it) , I have known that this will be Soul's piano music.

But I quite like it , since I once had played piano and there's like..a hidden feeling in it. Well you can tell I'm nuts for saying that it's beautiful .. in some ways. Perfect with insanity , indeed.
Old 2008-12-20, 12:21   Link #74
Blerghovic
Meh

Is it just me or has Shibusen lost all the important fights? Because when I look back, I can only remember them losing to Medusa every time.
Old 2008-12-22, 13:12   Link #75
Mattelajn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiraishin View Post
Is it just me or has Shibusen lost all the important fights? Because when I look back, I can only remember them losing to Medusa every time.
Now when you mention it Pretty boring in a way.. But it's still amusing!
Old 2008-12-22, 13:25   Link #76
lmd_84

I really enjoyed Soul's piece, especially after how the entire segment within the vortex seemed to be without background music, his playing of insanity came as a suitable surprise. It vaguely reminded me of some classical piece or another...but I'm not sure which.

Having now watched the episode, I'm not entirely happy with how they introduced Demon Hunter, because unlike the manga Maka didn't achieve it through facing and using insanity, merely through the enhanced resonance and sense of 'faith' she got from Soul's playing.

Though it did allow for a slightly different outcome to the fight from the manga, having Mosquito become unable to fight rather than the kids being forced to back off. And when it came to Brew, the result was the same as the manga: Shibusen thinks it is in Arachne's hands.
Closed Thread