AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-07-28, 10:17   Link #441
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I think the adaptation would benefit the best with vibrant background designs, like how P.A. Works handled the art for Hanasaku Iroha. Then add in some music from Elements Garden, and we're all set for imagery.

Now that leaves the seiyuu.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 11:01   Link #442
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Guys, what are the odds that Katawa Shoujo (under a different name or otherwise) would have an anime adaptation based on its story?
Doubtful. Everyone who contributed to the story -- some of whom may've dropped out of the project early in development -- would have to agree on the contract and how to split the revenue. Unless 4LS had the foresight to agree in advance how to handle such a situation, I think it'd be a major cluster-frak waiting to happen.

Quote:
Also, which people would make your dream staff (seiyuu, animation studio and production staff)?
Kugimiya Rie as Shizune.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 12:14   Link #443
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Except Hanako fares better IF you don't plow through her route. Her life gets much better if you go the Lily route instead.

Also... music box.

Cheers.
This debate has been a tired one I've participated on in other forums. Suffice it to say, I disagree, with the primary reason being the timeframe difference of Hanako's route and Lily's route (Hanako's route doesn't even cover Lily's return).

But I'm not engaging in that again since I've exhausted my words on that a long while ago

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 16:21   Link #444
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Kugimiya Rie as Shizune.
I LOL'ed.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 01:05   Link #445
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
I LOL'ed.
Who else can you ask for?

It's perfect!!!
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 14:40   Link #446
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

That's mean, guys.

If somebody's not getting the joke, a hint: Shizune's a deaf-mute.

Anyway, been spending some time with this game in-between other, more important life-things (+ the Olympics). As always, I'm so late to the party that it went from cool to lame to hipster and back again.

So far I've finished, chronologically, four routes: Emi, Lilly, Shizune, Rin. Haven't bothered with the bad endings yet. Fell in love with Hanako at first sight (who didn't? YOU MONSTER) so figured I'll save her for last, though after Lilly's route I'm not sure that was a very good idea.

Impressions:

Spoiler for Emi's route:

Spoiler for Lilly's route:

Spoiler for Shizune's route:

Spoiler for Rin's route:

Now onto Hanako's route. Hopefully Hisao can make the princess happy.

Speaking of which, I have one question: who is Kenji's ex? I had the strangest impression that it was Yuuko, and I still have little idea why I thought so.

Last edited by Irenicus; 2012-07-30 at 14:59. Reason: There are three L's in Lilly after all
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 05:52   Link #447
Skane
Anime Snark

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
~~ Now onto Hanako's route. Hopefully Hisao can make the princess happy. ~~
Get the tissues ready.

"Cheers"
Old 2012-07-31, 20:22   Link #448
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Now onto Hanako's route. Hopefully Hisao can make the princess happy.
Good luck. I liked Hanako's route the most, even more so than Lilly's. Shizune bored me to tears and Rin just managed to make me feel lonely and depressed.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 23:34   Link #449
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Get the tissues ready.

"Cheers"
"Cheers," you say.

Tissues - Check.
Disposal - Check.
Little Sister - Bribed (don't ask).
Door - Locked.

Privacy level assessment - boys don't cry, it didn't happen if no one sees it happen.

Bring it on.
Old 2012-08-02, 02:45   Link #450
Random32
Also a Lolicon

Real men are not afraid to cry.
Random32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 04:10   Link #451
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random32 View Post
Definitely true.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 06:07   Link #452
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random32 View Post
Yeah, well, it didn't happen.

Of course it didn't.

What? What do you mean "red eyes"? I was watching the Olympics all day! I was tired! Aren't you tired? Stop looking at me!

Spoiler for Hanako's route impression:

Now to wonder if I could be bothered to get the 100% completion. Will I really be missing much?

Last edited by Irenicus; 2012-08-04 at 06:17.
Old 2012-08-06, 15:30   Link #453
ellifeedn
Thinker

A friend of mine played this game and asked if there was a route that was a combination of the five main routes. (You can imagine why he asked that ) I told him there wasn't (to his disappointment), but it made me wonder what kind of story that would be like. Some ideas I had were: Hisao trying to patch things up between Shizune and Lilly; Rin and Hanako striking up an... odd friendship; and Kenji thinking that Hisao is spying on his female friends and encourages him to infiltrate the feminist organization.

I'm not planing on writing a fanfic, but I find it amusing to think about.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 15:45   Link #454
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The integration of visual novel routes.... heh, something anime adaptation story teams have to contend with.

When someone can do it well, its fantastic.... most of the time it is a trainwreck
Old 2012-08-14, 17:16   Link #455
SJCrew
Anachro-Romeo

Quote:
In fact, the route was kinda sad in that there was no way to make Misha happy. Play it, and eventually she cut her lovely frilly hair (Japanese for BROKEN HEART GIRL HERE). And then there's the one choice to sleep with her, which will make her even more unhappy. I mean, guys? I know she's a lesbian and you don't like lesbians in your VN, but come on. I'm not expecting to break the lez and turn her straight or some other homophobic "good end" (in fact I'd be very angry), but can't the girl be, like, happy somehow? Platonic Misha route? Please? Will and Grace? Heterosexual life bros? Hisao can be with Kenji if he must.
I was following your assesment of Shizune's route up until I read this. You obviously don't understand modern social issues if you feel Misha deserves happiness more just because she's gay. My sympathy for her stemmed from the fact that she was a good person without a mean-spirited bone in her body who was entirely devoted to helping her friends. I don't know how you concluded the authors hate lesbians or that her somehow pairing up with Hisao would have made them homophobic. I actually prefer the bad end would have ended up with the two of them together simply because of their chemistry, but it was more realistic to play it out as a lose-lose scenario, which is what tends to happen in the case of an unrequited love. The next best thing is not good enough. That was what Hisao was to Misha, and that was why she could never be happy with anyone but Shizune.
SJCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 20:53   Link #456
ellifeedn
Thinker

I was reading through everyone's comments on the various routes and I just wonder if reading this will change their perspectives a little.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 21:17   Link #457
Jmac
Sharing my world thru art
*Artist

After waiting 3 years for it to be finally completed....All I got to say it was more than worth the wait. Lilly was by far my most favorite (kinda wish I did her last and not first). Everyone else was good too, but Lilly stole the game for me.
Old 2012-08-15, 00:04   Link #458
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I was reading through everyone's comments on the various routes and I just wonder if reading this will change their perspectives a little.
It didn't really modify my perspectives but wow, what an extensive writeup.
Old 2013-01-01, 18:29   Link #459
tiya_novlita

Okay, so I just downloaded this VN (it has been 1 years from the date of release, eh ?)
How do you think ? Disability girls and eroge scenes ? Wow

The graphic looks nice so far, but I stopped playing on the very start, because....it's kinda typical bishoujo VN ? (when the main protagonist is a male, and the story is focus on pursuing certain girl's path). Right now I want to read something different other than standard otome/bishoujo VN

Maybe I'll put my thoughts later, when I feel like continuing to read
tiya_novlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 19:08   Link #460
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

It is a 'standard pick-the-girl VN' but I think its very well written by any standard for a VN. The 'freaky for some' aspect fades pretty quickly as you learn each girl's story - it does a fair job of humanizing them and the male lead isn't a stupid sexist jerk as we see too often in the average VN.

The choice path and flags are also tricky/interesting - I'd recommend a walkthrough map if you just want to read the stories.