Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-11-20, 02:42   Link #3801
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post

Spoiler for plot:
You have to understand, that the king was born only recently, and unlike other ants, he wasn't born with the single directive to serve. He is basically still exploring what it means to be a human. (make no mistake, in terms of intellect and emotions, the ants are pretty much humans) Playing games is a way to both alleviate boredom and gauge his mental strength.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 06:19   Link #3802
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I gotta like the way they're going with Meruem and the Gungi Girl. I's like some ancient fable. The most powerful ruler in the world with many enemies learns from a blind beggar, that he has enjoyed more from their time playing chess than he has ever had with all the luxuries of a king. It has that kind of quality to it.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 11:59   Link #3803
SHINOBI-03

-EPISODE 105-

Spoiler for part 1:

---
Spoiler for part 2:
SHINOBI-03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 08:46   Link #3804
HandofFate

how did they plan for him to specifically pick Palm?
unless all the pictures were of Palm in different outfits?
Old 2013-11-21, 09:03   Link #3805
Arkeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
how did they plan for him to specifically pick Palm?
unless all the pictures were of Palm in different outfits?
Palm's ability seems to have a weird conceptual element to it, as her abilty 'picked Biscuit' to train Gon/Killua, and she says something like "My power picked you, so i know yo uare the best choice..."

So basically, Palm probably knew what to dress like.
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 10:38   Link #3806
Hamster

Either that or they were confident that Palm's natural beauty would stand out among all the other girls.
Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 11:41   Link #3807
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Te be fair, she IS probably amongst the more attractive women in that group.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 17:54   Link #3808
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamster View Post
Either that or they were confident that Palm's natural beauty would stand out among all the other girls.
The guy probably also knew Bizeff's tastes well enough, he may have helped Palm press the right buttons...

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 21:39   Link #3809
Lugia_Tsuyu
Damn, I'm good!

I don't think they knew for sure Bizeff would pick Palm, it's more like a gamble. That's why Mar-something (totally forgot the guy's name) was all "He took the bait, Palm-kun." Though I agreed with Gan_HOPE326 that the guy probably knew Bizeff's taste pretty well, too.
Lugia_Tsuyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 11:20   Link #3810
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Does anyone know how the ratings have been since its move to Tuesdays?

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-26, 15:11   Link #3811
MCAL

Intense! Intense! Intense! Intense! Hunter x Hunter is so damn intense! How the hell does Togashi do it? Death Note is the only shounen manga that can rival it.

Excellent work by Miki Shinichiro. I couldn't imagine anyone else doing it.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-26, 15:31   Link #3812
ookamigirl

Spoiler for plot:

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-26, 15:34   Link #3813
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
Intense! Intense! Intense! Intense! Hunter x Hunter is so damn intense! How the hell does Togashi do it? Death Note is the only shounen manga that can rival it.

Excellent work by Miki Shinichiro. I couldn't imagine anyone else doing it.
I agree, I wonder if it has to do with the same animation studio animating them?
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-26, 18:13   Link #3814
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Remember that discussion we had when Morel and especially Knov belittled Killua for running away from Pitou? This episode sure put things into perspective, huh... After experiencing a similar yet less dangerous situation, Knov's mind broke. He shouldn't have been so quick to dismiss Killua's assessment of Pitou's strength as the ranting of an inexperienced kid.

I wonder how Morel will react when he sees Knov in that state. Of course, that's assuming he will even get the opportunity to reunite with him. He's got a tough battle to win first.
Old 2013-11-26, 18:28   Link #3815
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Remember that discussion we had when Morel and especially Knov belittled Killua for running away from Pitou? This episode sure put things into perspective, huh... After experiencing a similar yet less dangerous situation, Knov's mind broke. He shouldn't have been so quick to dismiss Killua's assessment of Pitou's strength as the ranting of an inexperienced kid.
That development was definitely a pleasant surprise for me too. Though I can't be too harsh on him: I was actually annoyed at how much he broke down because I had already warmed up to him and thought he was cool. The break down kinda took away from that.

Quote:
I wonder how Morel will react when he sees Knov in that state. Of course, that's assuming he will even get the opportunity to reunite with him. He's got a tough battle to win first.
Now it might be Morel's turn for the show to expose his overconfidence. I was getting bad vibes from his confidence and my suspicions were confirmed when Morel broke sweat at the end. I don't expect him to lose but in this show anything could happen.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-26, 18:54   Link #3816
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I do feel for Knov there. It probably didn't help the situation how utterly stressed out he was during the infiltration. At any moment Pitou's En could have kickstared and then he'd be in huge shit. That kind of pressure combined with feeling that insane nen was just a horrible combination. I do think that the belittling Killua got certainly gets turned around here. But can't blame Knov in htis situation since the stress was probably a great deal higher. Knowing that certain death awaited if anything wrong happened, being there by himself, etc. Certainly made me feel for the pressure of the situation even before he felt that aura.

Can only hope for the best for Knov. Sucks to see a pretty cool character like that get so utterly shattered by the experience. Have to hope he can pull himself together. His ability might be mostly for setting everything up, but they will need him for the fights ahead. Certainly good reason to give props to Gon and Killua, but it's not like Killua didn't need a great deal of time to mentally recover. More time than sadly Knov has right now.

Palm's mission is insane though. I mean surviving that aura is tough, plus how can she even hope to get close enough to actually see those things? If she moves along she'll be spotted and if she loses her cool it's all over.

Morel has a tough situation there. Hopefully he makes it through since honestly they need as many people in tact as they can or there's no hope in keeping the Royal Guard and the King separated.

Tense episode.
Old 2013-11-26, 18:57   Link #3817
MCAL

I should also note that Knov was in a state of Zetsu whereas Killua and Gon weren't, so he was completely vulnerable.

EDIT: Also in defense of Knov, his worry wasn't dying, but dying and jeopardizing everyone's life (That chbi Pitou with the toy human was unexpected, but really creepy). And his last worry was for Palm's safety, despite the signs that he really only cared about her powers.

Last edited by MCAL; 2013-11-26 at 19:38.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-26, 19:41   Link #3818
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

This has got to be most tense episode I have ever seen in my anime history.

By the way didn't Knov leave his blood stained shoes in the palace? This is a huge mistake. I could endanger Palm's life as soon as the ants realize they have been infiltrated...

What an amazing anime series, this is truly a very well animated and properly paced episode indeed.
Old 2013-11-26, 20:07   Link #3819
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I do feel for Knov there. It probably didn't help the situation how utterly stressed out he was during the infiltration. At any moment Pitou's En could have kickstared and then he'd be in huge shit. That kind of pressure combined with feeling that insane nen was just a horrible combination. I do think that the belittling Killua got certainly gets turned around here. But can't blame Knov in htis situation since the stress was probably a great deal higher. Knowing that certain death awaited if anything wrong happened, being there by himself, etc. Certainly made me feel for the pressure of the situation even before he felt that aura.

Can only hope for the best for Knov. Sucks to see a pretty cool character like that get so utterly shattered by the experience. Have to hope he can pull himself together. His ability might be mostly for setting everything up, but they will need him for the fights ahead. Certainly good reason to give props to Gon and Killua, but it's not like Killua didn't need a great deal of time to mentally recover. More time than sadly Knov has right now.

Palm's mission is insane though. I mean surviving that aura is tough, plus how can she even hope to get close enough to actually see those things? If she moves along she'll be spotted and if she loses her cool it's all over.

Morel has a tough situation there. Hopefully he makes it through since honestly they need as many people in tact as they can or there's no hope in keeping the Royal Guard and the King separated.

Tense episode.
Palm's mission sorta sucks since its assumed that she has to seduce/sleep with Secretary creeper
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-26, 20:59   Link #3820
Marikina

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
I should also note that Knov was in a state of Zetsu whereas Killua and Gon weren't, so he was completely vulnerable.
I doubt he was in Zetsu, otherwise he wouldn't still be able to use his abilities. Plus he only saw the aura, he wasn't immersed in it.
Marikina is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen