AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2017-09-13, 03:17   Link #25721
larethian

Hi, MartianMage, that explains it. Stunning Karna. According to Appmedia's walkthrough, if Karna is stunned when you break Arjuna, the special defense will not apply until he regains mobility; if you kill Arjuna before he regains mobility, then the buff will not apply at all:
https://appmedia.jp/fategrandorder/982644

アルジュナをブレイクする際、カルナをスタンや魅了状態にする事で特殊耐性のスキルを発動させない事が可能 。ただし、カルナが動けない間にアルジュナを撃破する必要がある。逆のパターンは、アルジュナが弱化無効の スキルを持っているので出来ない。

Which means in:
turn N: stun Karna, break Arjuna
turn N+1: if kill Arjuna, Karna will not get special defense
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-13, 03:39   Link #25722
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Hi, MartianMage, that explains it. Stunning Karna. According to Appmedia's walkthrough, if Karna is stunned when you break Arjuna, the special defense will not apply until he regains mobility; if you kill Arjuna before he regains mobility, then the buff will not apply at all:

アルジュナをブレイクする際、カルナをスタンや魅了状態にする事で特殊耐性のスキルを発動させない事が可能 。ただし、カルナが動けない間にアルジュナを撃破する必要がある。逆のパターンは、アルジュナが弱化無効の スキルを持っているので出来ない。

Which means in:
Oh I see. Didn't think that the stun would make that big of a difference. I'll fix my outline then:

My outline for this battle is:
1. stall a bit on first wave and try to get 2 garden of avalons active
2. on a good card draw activate Raikou buffs and use Hero Creation on her. Stun Karna. Break Arjuna's first bar with Raikou crits.
3. Immediately after breaking Arjuna's first bar use illusion. NP brave chain on Arjuna with Raikou. This will break Karna's first bar and kill Arjuna. Karna will NP in this turn but you are safe with illusion.
4. kill Karna's last bar with crits again you should have a lot of stars from Raikou's NP
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-13, 04:21   Link #25723
Klard
The cilvilain

It seem we have Okita rate-up again
Old 2017-09-13, 04:30   Link #25724
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klard View Post
It seem we have Okita rate-up again
It's Okita and Hijikata.
Old 2017-09-13, 05:09   Link #25725
Klard
The cilvilain

Hmm i think i will use tickets from the next challenge
Old 2017-09-13, 06:28   Link #25726
MartianMage

Karna challenge meme run!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

plan in detail:
1. turn 1 - you must get an arts chain involving Merlin and Raikou on the first turn. make sure you kill one of the yetis and damage the next one(easily achievable by having Raikou attack the lowest hp yeti with her arts card first then have the other arts cards come next).
2. turn 2 - use charisma to complete Merlin's charge and Arash his own battery. use Arash np and Merlin np and one of Raikou's cards. this will kill all yeti and have a 400% OC GoA active.
3. turn 3 - stun Karna. activate Raikou's mystery killer and eternal arms mastery. use Merlin's hero creation on Raikou, use Waver's attack buff and crit buff on Raikou to complete her charge. break Arjuna's first bar with Raikou crits(a single buster card will do the job really).
4. turn 4 - use Raikou's NP and one of her cards(you must draw at least one of her cards in this turn to make sure Arjuna dies). this will break Karna's first bar and kill Arjuna. Karna will NP in retaliation... this is fine he will kill Waver and Merlin but Raikou will survive due to guts from CE.
5. turn 5 - now you have over 50 stars and just Raikou left. just activate her prana burst and mystic code attack up and plow through Karna with a BAB/BQB.

---
edit: fixed images and:

https://twitter.com/fgoproject/statu...54023050788865

It seems that there will be no challenge quest tonight. It's re-scheduled for tomorrow... probably some bugs with the gimmicks.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!

Last edited by MartianMage; 2017-09-13 at 08:55.
Old 2017-09-13, 08:59   Link #25727
Klard
The cilvilain

Hmm now who want Waver and Merlin challenge quest?
Old 2017-09-13, 09:31   Link #25728
McW
Canaan II When?

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post

Which means in:
I tested it. Broke Ajuna's 1st bar with Karna stunned and failed to finish Ajuna in the next turn, Karna still doesn't use his special defense. However I still prefer to fight Ajuna because Karna receive less damage from critics than normal attacks, and stacks a debuff on you when you have only one guy left

Quote:
Hmm now who want Waver and Merlin challenge quest?
Don't see to be hard, given how ai works only refund a single np bar from Merlin and both don't have skill to deal damage.

Cleared the quest on my 3rd try, based my game on a video where Martha solo both brothers.

Images

Now in term of difficulty I would rank

E: Hassan
D: Medb
C: Spartacus, Suzuka, Sumanai
B: Lancers, Herc
A: Indians, Arash
A+: Gil, post nerf Nero
EX: Pre nerf nero
McW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-13, 10:26   Link #25729
Rizare

Tickets from challenge quests in Okita gacha. Got 2nd Suzuka. She's no Okita but she has been good ever since CCC so it's a nice bonus.
Rizare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-13, 10:53   Link #25730
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McW View Post
I tested it. Broke Ajuna's 1st bar with Karna stunned and failed to finish Ajuna in the next turn, Karna still doesn't use his special defense. However I still prefer to fight Ajuna because Karna receive less damage from critics than normal attacks, and stacks a debuff on you when you have only one guy left

Don't see to be hard, given how ai works only refund a single np bar from Merlin and both don't have skill to deal damage.

Cleared the quest on my 3rd try, based my game on a video where Martha solo both brothers.

Images

Now in term of difficulty I would rank

E: Hassan
D: Medb
C: Spartacus, Suzuka, Sumanai
B: Lancers, Herc
A: Indians, Arash
A+: Gil, post nerf Nero
EX: Pre nerf nero
Yeah, on a second read, I think the writer just meant "must break Arjuna while Karna is stunned", I was under the mis-impression that he meant totally wiping Arjuna.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-13, 14:25   Link #25731
MartianMage

Here are some esports runs again:

8 turns Arash challenge clear

3 turns Karna challenge clear

sasuga FGO esports!
Old 2017-09-13, 21:45   Link #25732
Rizare

More Merlin magic on 2016 challenges rerun to show how disgusting broken he is once more. I can't remember how Herc fight went beside plenty of stars for easy kills I guess, Gil got killed off more easily than I thought. I expected a struggle where I would need to keep Tamamo alive for as long as possible while she keeps hitting Gil.

As for 2017 challenges, only did Arash. I couldn't manage to get Iri np in time for his 4th stella. At least backline was still alive.

Images
Rizare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-13, 23:20   Link #25733
MartianMage

This is a very tricky challenge. I'm on mobile right now so I won't write more details:
Images

prepare to get annoyed by this challenge...

edit: just to summarize... Da Vinci and 12 mobs... there are a lot of gimmicks tied to the mobs. Also Da Vinci barely attacks and will spend her turn charging mobs or using pioneer of the stars(invul pierce and np charge).

Important things to note:
1. if you break da vinci she will full charge and np
2. attacking da vinci and her mobs reduce their np bar by 1 per card. use this fact to stop them from using their NP(easier said than done due to da vinci charge spam)
3. the chimera mob will remove your buffs when you attack it
4. the sphinx will cast taunt non-stop... kill this fast...
5. not all mobs have fatal np so dont be hard pressed on draining everything
6. don't forget that da vinci has invul pierce on pioneer

now go figure out how to beat this

Last edited by MartianMage; 2017-09-14 at 04:06.
Old 2017-09-14, 03:22   Link #25734
gunner56

Completed the Da Vinci challenge in 55 turns with this team:
imgur.com/JGqFmDz

Could have completed it in about 35 turns if I decided to have Amakusa NPBrave Chain the Spriggan and leave the rest to my backline, but I did not, which left me to go through 20 or so turns stalling Da Vinci from NPing with her buff spam. I managed to find an opening where I can safely defend against Da Vinci's NP and defeat the Spriggan with a BBB Brave Chain by Nobu. Finally, Da Vinci was defeated by Nobu.

I was wondering whether it would be a good or bad idea to have Amakusa equipped with the damage CE, but as long as I limited his NP to Da Vinci's 1st HP bar with a stun, he could defeat the Ghost and Giant Boar in one turn.
Old 2017-09-14, 03:39   Link #25735
MartianMage

@gunner56

Congrats on beating this challenge!

---
Here's another tip in beating this challenge. As I've mentioned not all mobs have fatal NPs... in fact some of them are weak like the babbage bot. Like the boar challenge you could keep this alive and just keep draining Da Vinci and killing the other mob.

edit:
forgot to mention this but this is also important...
7. your servant's NP gets drained to 0 if you attack the ghost
8. your servant's max hp is reduced to 1 if you attack the boar
9. your servants get stunned when you attack the spriggan
10. da vinci will spam pioneers if you're on the very last mobs
11. killing da vinci first will super buff all remaining mobs(you don't want this)

Yes, this is really hard to beat with no CS. A lot of people will probably have to stall and turtle this out. Servants that are good for this are: Merlin, Jeanne, Amakusa, Raikou, Arjuna(yes, Arjuna), Vlad.

Last edited by MartianMage; 2017-09-14 at 04:13.
Old 2017-09-14, 04:09   Link #25736
Ryoshi

I'm just gonna wait for the esport version of this challenge before I chop and adjust it to minimize the time taken for these challenges. Yeah, feeling a bit lazy these days.
Managed to adapt the A.K. Brother's version to complete in 5 turns.

That said...
Images

And now they further assault us with Okita and Hijikata...
Ryoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-14, 04:14   Link #25737
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryoshi View Post
That said...
Images

And now they further assault us with Okita and Hijikata...
wow congrats on rolling Bryn!
Old 2017-09-14, 04:36   Link #25738
Klard
The cilvilain

This is the most annoying challenge i have ever done, intent for no CS but used 3 in the end
1 for Ibaraki to finish the ghost and Oni and last 2 for The Almighty Maid King to finish thing off once and for all
Have to savecum many time because i don't know much about the debuff, Martha could be the ideal choice in here too
Images
Old 2017-09-14, 04:44   Link #25739
MartianMage

Quote:
This is the most annoying challenge i have ever done, intent for no CS but used 3 in the end
1 for Ibaraki to finish the ghost and Oni and last 2 for The Almighty Maid King
Have to savecum many time because i don't know much about the debuff, Martha could be the ideal choice in here too
Images
congrats on beating the challenge. yes, this challenge is very annoying, isn't it?

da vinci herself is annoying to select. I can't count the number of times I've closed and restarted the app because I thought I have da vinci on target only to find out i have the mob next to her selected. for some reason her model is very hard to select
Old 2017-09-14, 04:51   Link #25740
Klard
The cilvilain

First i was going to use Maid Alter to be the main DPS but after few tries i have to put her to the back and use Ibaraki to kill those mob easier
Well in the end she is the one finish thing off

Tags
fgo, gacha, ios, type-moon