AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 98 56.32%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 46 26.44%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 11.49%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.15%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 1.72%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.15%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.57%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.15%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-15, 08:40   Link #301
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

So last week it didn't air. Will it air this week? Thursday the 19th is it?
Old 2008-06-15, 08:43   Link #302
Tsuchiro

Yes, it will air this week.
Old 2008-06-15, 08:45   Link #303
Westlo
Lets be reality

Yes 11 is airing this week.
Old 2008-06-15, 18:11   Link #304
Tabris

I wonder if I can get it in a capsule hotel...episode 11 that is.
Old 2008-06-16, 02:38   Link #305
Jimmy C

Something I've been wondering. Did they actually have someone voice Shin's lines in this episode, or did they just recycle the lines from Macross Zero itself?
Old 2008-06-16, 04:45   Link #306
Azure King
Snr Spammer

Spoiler for some i just notices now:
Old 2008-06-16, 04:57   Link #307
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure King View Post
You must be new. Welcome to the forum
Old 2008-06-16, 06:55   Link #308
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Something I've been wondering. Did they actually have someone voice Shin's lines in this episode, or did they just recycle the lines from Macross Zero itself?
The two actors are different. Nojima Kenji did Shin's lines for this episode, while Suzumura Kenichi did the lines from the original. The lines are done word for word though.

Suzumura's other Shinn left such a mark on me, it let me hear the rather slight difference.
Old 2008-06-16, 08:15   Link #309
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

^ ROFL.. poor you, At least I worship his role in Hikaru no Go
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-06-16, 11:49   Link #310
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure King View Post
Pointed ears have been the mark of having Zentradi blood since it was first used in the o you remember the love movie".
Old 2008-06-16, 15:07   Link #311
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
The two actors are different. Nojima Kenji did Shin's lines for this episode, while Suzumura Kenichi did the lines from the original. The lines are done word for word though.

Suzumura's other Shinn left such a mark on me, it let me hear the rather slight difference.
I prefer to think of him as being Rakushun from Twelve Kingdoms
Old 2008-06-17, 04:58   Link #312
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
i think i'm the one who late to watch episode 10
because i just saw it ^_^;
Spoiler for episode 10:
Old 2008-06-17, 18:45   Link #313
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by kira-sama View Post
i think i'm the one who late to watch episode 10
because i just saw it ^_^;
Spoiler for episode 10:
Sheryl didn't kiss Alto to make Ranka Jealous and take the Mao role. Sheryl and Alto didn't even know that Ranka saw them kiss. Sheryl shows an expression on her face afterwards, like she has a suspicion about Ranka's motive for accepting the role. However, when Sheryl made her move on Alto, Ranka was facing the ocean and not looking at them.
Old 2008-06-18, 00:42   Link #314
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

She was looking at Bobby, and therefore in their general direction.
Old 2008-06-18, 00:48   Link #315
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Lol obviously she was in there general direction but you gotta think about view advantages one person can look around a corner and see something and the person on the other side of the corner can't see them or only a little sliver of them. What hes saying is even though Ranka was able to see Alto and Sheryl kiss ^.^ <3 ^.^ that they were not aware that Ranka saw it happen. Their is a chance that Sheryl did see her looking but I doubt it. And Alto hes just damn oblivious <.<
Old 2008-06-18, 02:55   Link #316
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

What he's saying he that when Sheryl got close to Alto, she was looking at the ocean - which is false.

Alto was looking at Sheryl and couldn't see Ranka, but there is a possibility for Sheryl to see Ranka's head was turned toward them, if she was looking.
Old 2008-06-18, 05:56   Link #317
Westlo
Lets be reality

Someone posted a pic of MW with Ranka and Bobby where they were... Ranka has to have x-ray vision to see through Bobby and see Sheryl and Alto kiss... also this "She did it for Ranka" line of thought is negated when you see remember Sheryl teasing Alto about kissing (Do you even know how?) before Mao's original actress was even hurt.
Old 2008-06-18, 08:01   Link #318
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It's pretty clear she saw them, though, so maybe her Zentrady genes gave her X-ray vision?

As for the rest of your post - teasing Alto about having to do a stage kiss doesn't mean she was planning to go all the way and kiss him, too. I'm pretty sure Michel would have done the same given half a chance. (Teasing, I mean. Yeah. I just meant the teasing.) It also doesn't mean pushing Ranka wasn't a reason.
Old 2008-06-18, 11:22   Link #319
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It's pretty clear she saw them, though, so maybe her Zentrady genes gave her X-ray vision?

As for the rest of your post - teasing Alto about having to do a stage kiss doesn't mean she was planning to go all the way and kiss him, too. I'm pretty sure Michel would have done the same given half a chance. (Teasing, I mean. Yeah. I just meant the teasing.) It also doesn't mean pushing Ranka wasn't a reason.
Sheryl wasn't even looking at Ranka the entire time. She was looking at Alto. That kind of shoots your theory right out of the water.
Old 2008-06-18, 22:04   Link #320
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
As for the rest of your post - teasing Alto about having to do a stage kiss doesn't mean she was planning to go all the way and kiss him, too.
I don't think that she intended on kissing him until about a few seconds before she did. She probably just came down to talk, but having kisses on her mind, and seeing Alto with his guard down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Someone posted a pic of MW with Ranka and Bobby where they were... Ranka has to have x-ray vision to see through Bobby and see Sheryl and Alto kiss... also this "She did it for Ranka" line of thought is negated when you see remember Sheryl teasing Alto about kissing (Do you even know how?) before Mao's original actress was even hurt.
That was me.

This shot is taken somewhere in the range of several seconds before the kiss. Note the positions of Sheryl and Alto in the background and you'll see that Bobby completely blocks the line of sight towards Ranka. They're also really far away; so much so that you can't even make out their features. If Sheryl can sneak up on Alto while timing it so that the kiss happens just as Ranka turns her head, she must have some amazing hax observational skills.

I think that the mistake comes from the fact that there's been so much focus on Ranka's perspective that we expect almost anything that happens in the story to take place primarily for her benefit. Sometimes things simply happen for the sake of other characters too.
Closed Thread