Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-03-22, 18:27   Link #21
Kabuto Maniac
animeichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkryo
I would like to see Jet Li play Kakashi, and Jackie chan play Gai.
of course, Bruce Lee, cos'in around ep 70 Gai makes this Bruce Lee move when he kicks away a sound nin, and it suits him perfectly!

who's Jet Li? and I don't think Johnny Depp would be a good Kakashi: he has a character that's more like Shikamaru... and his face, well, I just don't like it as Kakashi's
Kabuto Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 18:27   Link #22
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Where's teh MJ = Oro crowd?
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 18:27   Link #23
<xellos>
As a WHM I help people

yeah but its not out of the question to make a live action anime movie, hello!?! Evangelion anyone??!?! (i cant wait for that)

i think he third hokage should be layed by Hugo Weaving, the guy who played Elrond in Lord of the Rings...it just seems like hed be able to do it right

and Orlando Bloom should play Kabuto, Hugh Jackman as...uhh...i cant remember his name at the moment, hes Shikamaru's Jounin sensei, Kate Beckinsale as Anko, and B.C. would make a good Jiraiya, and if he was younger, id say Cristopher Walken as Orochimaru, cause man that guy can be creepy, but hes too old now
<xellos> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 18:30   Link #24
Copy Ninja
red eye from smokin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkryo

To stay on topic; I would like to see Jet Li play Kakashi, and Jackie chan play Gai.
jet li could made a good kakashi...i'd like to see him as Zabuza, cuz he playes the evil parts well,

i addressed my double post issue above, and DID accidentally do that, but it was too late by the time i was done rush monkeying through it.

...but responding to other posts is not double posting...if it were, how the hell would any kind of communication go on here?

it would be peole searching for ohers previous posts that have been edited?

and new info...new response...new post, ne?
Copy Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 18:31   Link #25
Kabuto Maniac
animeichi

I got someone for Jiraya: Jim Carrey

and Kate Winslet (Pirates of the Caribbean) would make a fine Anko...
Old 2004-03-22, 18:33   Link #26
fenikkusu

Send a message via AIM to fenikkusu
i havnt heard really any1 that i would think would be good for it.. its impossible really to make a good anime cast out of real people... but to use hugo as the 3rd?????? i dont see that either.. kate winslett wasnt in pirates of the caribean.. that was kiarra knightly... i do think that maybe kate beckinsale would make a ok anko
fenikkusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 18:35   Link #27
CaSe-
胸のひねること

Hugo Weaving as Hyuga Hisashi (sp?)
CaSe- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 18:35   Link #28
Dragon Flame
Wet Kimimaro Love

Send a message via ICQ to Dragon Flame
Robert Redford as Jiraiya, they both got that square chin, its a perfect fit
Old 2004-03-22, 18:43   Link #29
n00blike
member 69 of S.P.A. ;)

Noriyuki "Pat" Morita FOR THE 3RD!!!!!!!

wax on wax off naruto!

wait eva is gona be a movie?(with real ppl)
what other animes are gona be movies? i heard they where gona start on akira about 2 years ago!

also have you seen van helsing? it looks alot like vampir hunter D
http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&id...f=info&intl=us
n00blike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 18:43   Link #30
MikoKikyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by <xellos>
yeah but its not out of the question to make a live action anime movie, hello!?! Evangelion anyone??!?! (i cant wait for that)

i think he third hokage should be layed by Hugo Weaving, the guy who played Elrond in Lord of the Rings...it just seems like hed be able to do it right

and Orlando Bloom should play Kabuto, Hugh Jackman as...uhh...i cant remember his name at the moment, hes Shikamaru's Jounin sensei, Kate Beckinsale as Anko, and B.C. would make a good Jiraiya, and if he was younger, id say Cristopher Walken as Orochimaru, cause man that guy can be creepy, but hes too old now
Weaving is way cool, but he's better at doing sinister parts dont you think? I love the way he talks, it really captures your attention... By the way, he's also agent smith (the main bad guy) in The Matrix movies.

huh, am I missing something? whats the deal with Evangelion, dont tell me they're making a live action movie of it... can't imagine what computerized Angels and Evas would look like... ..i have mixed feelings about this..
MikoKikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 18:44   Link #31
p3psi
Oscar winning black actor

I think he could have made a good naruto also,
p3psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 18:46   Link #32
PaintBaller

For Naruto
Justin Berfield from Malcome in the Middle,
He plays Reese
although he may be to old
PaintBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 18:51   Link #33
Copy Ninja
red eye from smokin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00blike
Noriyuki "Pat" Morita FOR THE 3RD!!!!!!!

wax on wax off naruto!

copy nin can you make Noriyuki "Pat" Morita look like the 3rd? with photo shop or paint
Noriyuki the 3rd

got a bit lazy...not that the others are any better

AWESOME p3psi
Copy Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 18:52   Link #34
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
We need ROCK LEE!! who would make a good rock lee...
rEkKaShInObI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 18:54   Link #35
A Lamer
あほぉ&

I "could" see it happening, but I'd rather see him as an alternetive for gai.

As for the eva movie, I'm pretty sure its gonna suck. I have no confidence in hollywood, its all about making money, not making something accurate and well done (example of "accurate" not happening would be lord of the rings. If you've read the books, you've probably noticed how much peter jackson decided to diverge from the books themselves in many instances.)

The only drawing > movie that has really worked well has been Xmen, because the director was extremely faithful to atmosphere of the comic, minus the blinding yellow tights of wolvy turned into black leather, which was a change for the better. Hulk was just scary, batman became a joke after the first movie, etc.
A Lamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 18:56   Link #36
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuto Maniac
I got someone for Jiraya: Jim Carrey

and Katr Winslet would make a fine Anko...
Nah, I don't think Jim Carrey wouldn't do a good Jiraiya.

Chan as Gai is perfect. DeNiro as the 3rd, awesome Hugo Weaving as Hiashi? Perfect choice. Robert Redford IS Jiraiya

How about Madonna as Tsunade? That would be cool Zabuza? Hmm... what about Arnold Schwazenegger? At least he has the perfect physical type to play Zabuza. Sandra Bullock as Anko! Depp would make a perfect Kakashi. Bloom would be a good Gemma. Lenny Kravitz as Shino's dad... Jude Law as Itachi, it would be perfect IMO.

As for the Genin, it's hard to tell. There isn't much talented kid actors nowadays.
But again, Haley Joel Osment would be a great Gaara, with his cold expression.
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 18:59   Link #37
Kabuto Maniac
animeichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Lamer
example of "accurate" not happening would be lord of the rings. If you've read the books, you've probably noticed how much peter jackson decided to diverge from the books themselves in many instances.
if he wouldn't have done that, each movie would have been about eight hours long (at the minimum), so I don't think that's a good example... Matrix 2 and 3 are though...
Old 2004-03-22, 19:00   Link #38
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Obviously...this would be retarded with only US actors. I mean...they're Asian. Some people are white, but for the most part, you'd have a bunch of Asian people if you wanted to do the movie right...so, keeping that in mind:

Naruto:
He's one of the people that would work as a white guy. Only problem...who to play him? You'd need an athletic little kid. Maybe Frankie Muniz (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005260). He's done a couple kiddie action flicks already, and his acting's pretty good on Malcolm in the Middle...alternately, the kid who plays his brother (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0073678/)Reese seems like he pulls off the arrogant, loud prick better, and he gets tossed around a lot on Malcolm in the Middle.

Sasuke:
Needs to be an Asian kid. Sorry, he does.
So I'd choose Arata, the guy who plays the quiet guy from Ping-Pong.

Sakura:
She can be American, too. One of the new US young 'it' girls. Lindsey Lohan or Hillary Duff should do fine. They can whine.

Kakashi:
Someone who looks 28 or so, still pretty built, and agile. Looks like Kakashi's got a bit of skin color...so (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001617/) Lou Diamond Phillips. He's a little old, but you have to see him in The Big Hit to know that he'd make a pretty good Kakashi...he's got some moves, and he's funny when you give him the right role.

Now the mid-major characters:

Jiraiya:
Bruce Campbell's fine, for the looks and acting but he can't fight. He's also not the raging pervert. If Jack Black lost some weight, he'd be awesome for Jiraiya. But, I'll go with Campbell for now...since Jiraiya doesn't fight that much.

3rd Hokage:
(http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0846480/#guest-appearances)
Cary Tagawa. He's gotta be Asian, and he's gotta be old but not frail. Cary can still fight.

Guy Maito:
Simple, really. Guy's a smiley Bruce Lee rip-off. So, go for the US smiley Bruce Lee ripoff, (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001462/) Jason Scott Lee. He was goofy in Jungle Book, and played Bruce Lee in the Bruce Lee Story. He even has the hair already.

Nara Shikamaru:
(http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0498189/) Sam Lee. Kinda goofy looking, and a lazy guy. Able to be imposing at times. He'd be my first choice...but his English is bad. I'd probably use him, and dub his lines in. Nobody else really fits well.

Hyuuga Neji:
Semi-stylish, arrogant, but grudgingly respectful. Should look a little older than the rest of the gang. (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0874866/) Nicolas Tse works.

Ino:
Either Lindsey Lohan or Hillary Duff whichever one's not Sakura. They're already publicly feuding anyway, so it'd be good to transfer on-screen. Probably Hillary Duff as she's had fewer whiny roles.

Choji:
Fat Asian kid. Just find one. Choji doesn't have enough lines for it to really matter.

Rock Lee:
It's hard to find a kid that's the right combination of loser and buff. I'll pass on him.

Kiba:
Arrogant Eskimo. Has to be fight-worthy. You could probably grab one of the kids from School of Rock. Either the drummer or the main guitar guy. Just have them buff up a little.

Kurenai:
Zhang Ziyi.

Choji's Dad:
Sammo Hung. Anyone but him would be stupid.

Orochimaru:
MJ. Come on. You have to allow that.

Kabuto:
The kid that plays Iceman in X-2.

Zabuza:
(http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001092/)Mark Dacascos. He is SO badass in Brotherhood of the Wolf, it's not even funny.

Anko:
(http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005026) Kelly Hu. Did you see The Scorpion King? She's perfect. Rowrr.

That's all I can think of right now...
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 19:02   Link #39
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

This is quickly becoming my favorite thread... All the suggestions are different but they're all good hahaha. Some of those pics are great
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 19:05   Link #40
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious
How about Madonna as Tsunade? That would be cool
Yeah, she'd be perfect for the old and ugly tsunade, but she'd be horrible for the beautiful one, plus her acting ability is about par with my nephew, he will never make it in show business.

Quote:
Zabuza? Hmm... what about Arnold Schwazenegger? At least he has the perfect physical type to play Zabuza.
Nah, way too much muscle. Zabuza is sorta built, but hes not a wall. Besides, arnolds accent alone would butcher the roll, not to mention he looks nothing like him.

Quote:
Sandra Bullock as Anko!
her nose... scary....

Quote:
Lenny Kravitz as Shino's dad...
I doubt he does acting, but the black guy from CSI would make a nice alternative. I agree 100% though that shinos dad is lenny kravitz in disguise.

Quote:
Jude Law as Itachi, it would be perfect IMO.
maybe
A Lamer is offline   Reply With Quote