Notices

Old 2016-04-07, 06:55   Link #1
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Rogue One - A Star Wars Story

Rogue One trailer will be out tomorrow!

EDIT:
And now it's out!

Last edited by MrTerrorist; 2016-04-07 at 09:06.
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-07, 09:40   Link #2
Freeter
beyond

Wow, that'll definitely hold me over till VIII. It might even be better than the main series
Old 2016-04-07, 10:03   Link #3
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

I'm just over here praying for at least a cameo from Boba Fett.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-07, 10:47   Link #4
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Gonna pass until DVD release on this one. MayRay Sue kind of killed the new series for me. And it looks like they're gonna repeat it with this super bad ass chick who can first fight off a bunch of troopers and swing and shoot her blaster around and hit people. Yea noooo thanks.

If she turns out to be a Republic Spy then I'm game. Not if she's a goodie good super ace mary sue.

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2016-04-07 at 12:05.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-07, 11:40   Link #5
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

HYPE!

Looking forward to that!
Old 2016-04-07, 17:25   Link #6
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going Seafoam View Post
I'm just over here praying for at least a cameo from Boba Fett.
I'm kind of hoping not. It would seem forced, given the storyline. Maybe early on in the movie when they're assembling the team, he could appear in the background or something, but I highly doubt he'd be on the ol' random encounter table at the Death Star, or wherever it is they're stealing the plans from...
Old 2016-04-07, 17:33   Link #7
warg14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Not if she's a goodie good super ace mary sue.
Sorry but this is just plain wrong. If that is your definition of a Mary Sue then we could just call the likes of Ironman and Captain America Gary Stues just because of their talents and the fact that they have never been defeated by the villains. Nobody complained about the talents and powers of Anakin and Luke but surprise someone serves you a remotely strong female character and everyone screams Mary Sue. Every capability of Rey can be explained and Rogue One isn't even out yet you still judge the new protagonist without knowing the story. This is just simple bias against any strong female character in general on your part.

On Topic
Cannot wait. Seems like this movie is going to show us the darker corners of the SW universe.
warg14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-07, 17:45   Link #8
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

This movie looks very good. I'm thinking it will be even better than TFA. I do like TFA, but I think this movie could be better than it.
Old 2016-04-07, 18:12   Link #9
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
I do like TFA, but I think this movie could be better than it.
It has the advantage of freshness on its side. TFA had the burden of living up to the first trilogy and washing away the stain of the prequels.
Old 2016-04-07, 18:52   Link #10
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
TFA had the burden of living up to the first trilogy and washing away the stain of the prequels.

That is true. Pretty much why it ended up being a retread of SW ANH.
Old 2016-04-07, 19:18   Link #11
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Well, unsurprisingly I was disheartened by the trailer... and I have been pounding my fist on the table for 20+ years to see more stories about non-Force users, so I had high hopes for this film. I still have high(er) hopes, but they're diminished. The visual style is too akin to TFA, which for all of Abrams & Co.'s yammering, did not have even the slightest feel like the OT.

And for the love of God, can Stormtroopers actually be competent? Not one but two separate instances in the teaser where an individual with a melee weapon is absolutely owning multiple Stormtroopers.

This looks like Dirty Dozen in Space. I was hoping for more of a Hell is for Heroes feeling, which I guess was entirely inappropriate since I've known before the trailer that this was supposed to tell the story of the theft of the Death Star plans. I guess more waiting for me to see, if ever, a story about the average soldier or Stormtrooper.

A longer trailer will be very telling for me, like the long trailer for TFA was. A longer trailer can clear up some of my concerns or deepen them.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-07, 20:26   Link #12
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
The trailer honestly feels like the Rogue Squadron/Leader/Unit whatever games come to life and focusing on the military side with a hint of mysticism. That's a good thing. There won't be much in the way of anticipating its ending since it has to lead into A New Hope, but the real thing to watch out for is whether Gareth Edwards (Monsters (2010), Godzilla (2014)) can go 110% into the project. Bringing something great to a franchise as big as Star Wars will bring A New Hope to that Legendary kaiju series
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-08, 01:27   Link #13
SvenCalBayan

At 1:30, from the Official Teaser Trailer :

That music gave me goose bumps. It's a dark and ominous version of the Star Wars main theme. It's brilliant.

They did say this movie was gonna be darker and more serious... with less humor.

Cannot wait.
SvenCalBayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-08, 14:22   Link #14
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Wow, this movie actually looks good. I'm still dreading EP VIII, but at least I might have one good movie from the new series.
Old 2016-04-08, 15:42   Link #15
sunset
Twilight Impersonator

Thumbs up

Many bothans died to bring us this teaser trailer.
sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-08, 17:02   Link #16
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset View Post
Many bothans died to bring us this teaser trailer.
I swear to god if they do a scene like that at the start I'll walk out of the movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warg14 View Post
Sorry but this is just plain wrong. If that is your definition of a Mary Sue then we could just call the likes of Ironman and Captain America Gary Stues just because of their talents and the fact that they have never been defeated by the villains. Nobody complained about the talents and powers of Anakin and Luke but surprise someone serves you a remotely strong female character and everyone screams Mary Sue. Every capability of Rey can be explained and Rogue One isn't even out yet you still judge the new protagonist without knowing the story. This is just simple bias against any strong female character in general on your part.

On Topic
Cannot wait. Seems like this movie is going to show us the darker corners of the SW universe.
Everyone hates Anakin because they made him to be a whiney brat. Just as bad as a Gary Sue.

No one called Luke a gary sue because he's lost to vader several times and got his arm cut off. Not to mention Vader was holding back.

And I despise Many male leads because they are Gary Sues such as Mr Black Swordsman from SAO.

Countering my argument with "You just dont like her cuz she girl" is pretty pathetic. You're the one attacking me for my opinion. I'm not attacking you for liking her by sayin stupid crap like "You're a gender traitor for liking a female character" XD

Here Have This

and https://twitter.com/SuperNerdMartyr/...662656/photo/1

If Finn replaced Rey's position I would hate him just as much. But then you'd just call me Racist, right? Like I said, if she turns out to be a double agent for the Republic then I'm game. a Mary Sue is only good when she's bad.

Now excuse me while I go play The Walking Dead: Michonne because I fucking Love Michonne. btw i love Ahsoka

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2016-04-08 at 17:50.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-08, 19:06   Link #17
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Huh this is weird. :l I wasn't even thinking they were doing this nor care if they are.

Now tho I get a bad feeling (lolstarwarsjoke) that this movie is going to feel like Divergence or what ever that horrible Hunger Games Rip Off #5 is called. Hopefully it's good like the actual hunger games..........minus the awful romance... please god...
Old 2016-04-08, 19:20   Link #18
B214

Quote:
Huh this is weird. :l I wasn't even thinking they were doing this nor care if they are.

Now tho I get a bad feeling (lolstarwarsjoke) that this movie is going to feel like Divergence or what ever that horrible Hunger Games Rip Off #5 is called. Hopefully it's good like the actual hunger games..........minus the awful romance... please god...
It'll really be weird if the Han Solo spinoff turns out to have a female led instead of Han Solo himself.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-08, 19:25   Link #19
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
It'll really be weird if the Han Solo spinoff turns out to have a female led instead of Han Solo himself.
a story on Hon Solo's mom.............fucking give me that. I want that. I want Hon's personality and attitude to be from his mom's side of the genes. (would be a HELL of a lot easier casting... just cast Miss Alien Killer. would explain where he got his attitude and hair.
Old 2016-04-08, 20:45   Link #20
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Someone on the Jedi Council forums posted this version of the trailer interspersed with some footage from the OT and covered with a filter to make it look like it was shot in the 70s/80s on grainy film.

This is *exactly* what I mean when I say I don't like the visual feel/style of TFA and Rogue One. This version of the trailer with a simple filter over the footage makes me feel so much better about the movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma Kousaka View Post
The trailer honestly feels like the Rogue Squadron/Leader/Unit whatever games come to life and focusing on the military side with a hint of mysticism. That's a good thing. There won't be much in the way of anticipating its ending since it has to lead into A New Hope, but the real thing to watch out for is whether Gareth Edwards (Monsters (2010), Godzilla (2014)) can go 110% into the project. Bringing something great to a franchise as big as Star Wars will bring A New Hope to that Legendary kaiju series
Much more Wraith Squadron than Rogue Squadron.
Quote:
btw i love Ahsoka
*shiver*

I think she was the #1 reason why I just couldn't bring myself to finish TCW. I got through 4 seasons and gave up.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, disney, star wars