Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-05-25, 19:23   Link #1641
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Loved epi 8, the culture shock was hilarious. though reading up it didnt even occur to me how fast Maou and Emi adjusted.

The guy from Sentucky Fried Chicken (Im ashamed at how hard I laughed at that gag) kinda reminded me of James from Pokemon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghanw View Post
This anime just made #1 on my list (not that it wasn't already), when i saw the manager from Sentucky the first thing i said was it's JAMES!!!!!!
I also thought that as well.

LOL at the culture shock.

Let's see how Maou will back their customers from the evil SFC.
Old 2013-05-25, 22:49   Link #1642
Kirarakim

I used to ship Maou Sama with Emi but I think I might be changing my allegiance to Chi Chan. There was just something so genuine about her expressing her feelings to Maou that I can't help but root for her.

I don't usually like Chiho's character type but it's a testament to the series that I've really fallen for her character.

Although Ashiya/Maou is still my favorite
Old 2013-05-25, 22:54   Link #1643
asteron
is the unknown factor

I just picked up this series and I'm loving it. Tsunderes are hard to get right since there is a delicate balance at play there but I think this series pulled it off wonderfully. I'd put it up there with Shana I think.

Actually the Chiho / Emi / Maou dynamic kinda reminds me a lot of the Shakugan no Shana triangle of Kazumi / Shana / Yuuji. I guess it's a standard tsundere formula, though I'm not entirely sure they are going to go full tsundere with Emi. There is still a lot of reason for her to hate Maou.

Overall though with excellent comedy, characters, and background story this series really hit the sweet spot. I'm really looking forward to ep 9
asteron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 01:12   Link #1644
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
If it were just that then I wouldn't have minded but it didn't seem to me as if Suzuno was getting ahead of herself. I thought she was just asking to help Yusa.
from the subs i've watched, suzuno said that "I want you to kill satan with me" not "I want to help you kill satan". she came to japan with a plan in mind, not to assist emi in killing maou and go along with what emi is planning to do. she was trying to convince emi of her (or the inquisition's) plan.

of course, this is after suzuno confirms that emi hasn't really join the overlord yet. if it turns out that emi and maou are working together, i'm sure she has a plan ready for "taking care" of them both.

Quote:
Actually the Chiho / Emi / Maou dynamic kinda reminds me a lot of the Shakugan no Shana triangle of Kazumi / Shana / Yuuji. I guess it's a standard tsundere formula, though I'm not entirely sure they are going to go full tsundere with Emi. There is still a lot of reason for her to hate Maou.
did you just call emi a tsundere? woah that's a new one I don't think emi has a dere dere side, and emi definitely has no romantic feelings for maou.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 03:12   Link #1645
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post

did you just call emi a tsundere? woah that's a new one I don't think emi has a dere dere side, and emi definitely has no romantic feelings for maou.
She can be summed up as "Hello. My name is Emilia Justina. You killed my father. Prepare to die."
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 04:44   Link #1646
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
from the subs i've watched, suzuno said that "I want you to kill satan with me" not "I want to help you kill satan". she came to japan with a plan in mind, not to assist emi in killing maou and go along with what emi is planning to do. she was trying to convince emi of her (or the inquisition's) plan.
From what I remember, Suzuno did initially ask Yusa to follow her plan but after Yusa refused saying it was only her duty, but I was referring to the bit after that where Suzuno asked to simply help to which Yusa cut her off and refused again.

Last edited by Haak; 2013-05-26 at 08:46.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 04:56   Link #1647
asteron
is the unknown factor

Quote:
you do realize she is flat chested and self-concious about it? Watch her reaction in the scene where Mauo gets shot in episode 6. She's definitely a tsundere stereotype.

She's even protective of mauo to the point of "no one gets to kill him but me even though I can't bring myself to do it"
asteron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 06:16   Link #1648
EroKing

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-30 at 05:16.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 07:06   Link #1649
Kirarakim

I just thought of something. Emi claims she still wants to defeat Maou but then she is also helping Chiho confess to him. What a girl!
Old 2013-05-26, 07:36   Link #1650
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I just thought of something. Emi claims she still wants to defeat Maou but then she is also helping Chiho confess to him. What a girl!
How else is she going to hear the lament of his widow? Unless you count Alsiel.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 07:51   Link #1651
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
How else is she going to hear the lament of his widow? Unless you count Alsiel.
She'll do it on their honeymoon. We know who the real devil is!
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 08:21   Link #1652
Eratas123

So I wonder if Maou and Alsiel are still immortal. I mean, their bodies are now human/humanoid and without fear they don't have demonic power to sustain them.
Old 2013-05-26, 10:09   Link #1653
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
So I wonder if Maou and Alsiel are still immortal. I mean, their bodies are now human/humanoid and without fear they don't have demonic power to sustain them.
Probably not immortal, but since Alciel is over 1500 years old (and Satan is over 300), they probably live for quite a long time. Emilia probably has a similar lifespan, being half angel...
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 10:19   Link #1654
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Tsunderes are full of contradictions.
Old 2013-05-26, 11:20   Link #1655
Sixth
Hu Tao

Why is Emi got angry when Suzuno said that an innocent girl serving a house of men?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 11:49   Link #1656
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Why is Emi got angry when Suzuno said that an innocent girl serving a house of men?
It was a tsukkomi play. It could be taken as if Suzuno was speaking rather highly of herself such as, "Why would such a cute young girl such as myself,..." Emi was baffled that she refered to herself in such a manner. "You said that about yourself?!"
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 12:24   Link #1657
Eratas123

Yeah, I remember the sub I watched with Emi interrupting saying "You just called yourself cute!?". Mostly because it seems really egotistical.
Old 2013-05-26, 23:05   Link #1658
Traece
:cool:

Got to catch up two episodes to get back on track with Maou-sama. This show continues to get more and more entertaining even after going through an entire arc of plot. Suzuno slays me as a character, and watching her continue to complicate Emi's life is quite a treat. :P Now she's abducted her best friend into this misunderstanding of relationships.
Old 2013-05-27, 00:01   Link #1659
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
From what I remember, Suzuno did initially ask Yusa to follow her plan but after Yusa refused saying it was only her duty, but I was referring to the bit after that where Suzuno asked to simply help to which Yusa cut her off and refused again.
Because she was thinking that suzuno had no chance against maou with her "petty tricks". Emi believes that she is the only one who could, and should defeat maou. everyone else doesn't have a chance and will just get hurt or even killed.

also, looks like my definition of a tsundere is kinda outdated.

I-It's not like I'm changing my definition of the term for you all or anything~
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-27, 00:08   Link #1660
chaos_animagic

o man... ep 8 is full of FUN

Chi-chan... why U so cute? LOL (or crazy....)

I laughed at the "around the TV" scene.

Moonbucks, is there a Planetbucks? (get it? Starbucks, star, moon, planet)

SFC vs McRonald? LOL

It's like Chi-chan gets more screentime than any other character... (making her the "main character" of this series, LOL)
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, fantasy, romance, slice of life, work