AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Mahouka

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 6 15.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 30.77%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 25.64%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 12.82%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 10.26%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-07-13, 12:30   Link #61
CatRules
Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
I don't disagree. There's lethal, and then there's literally dismantling a person.

It seems like in all of the fun of devising all sorts of insane ways for these characters to kill people, they forgot about things like blunt force trauma, and the fact that pressure waves from explosions are extremely lethal. It's nice that they banned people from turning me into a pile of elemental dust, but I'd like them to consider the effects of having my head bashed in by a rock, or my organs being ruptured by a large piece of steel.
Don't worry. The participants are all required to wear protective gears(see Anime) and there are bunch of safety personals watching the scene to make sure no one will get hurt too badly(Mari's accident). Not to mention that Monolith participants are (supposed to be) elite class combat magicians who are capable of defending themselves on some level: flying rocks aren't that lethal at all.
Old 2014-07-13, 13:51   Link #62
Ickarium

Yeah, remember what was said in one of the earlier eps. Leo literally could make his clothing impervious using Fortification magic. Getting hit with a block of metal isn't going to kill you then. Remember, if it's truly fortified by how the world explains it, there's unlikely to even be /force transfer/.
Old 2014-07-13, 15:43   Link #63
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
Really, it makes me wonder if Miyuki going to treat Tatsuya like how Erika's unusual attitude when Tatsuya makes a girlfriend.
Hah. That's not going to happen.
Old 2014-07-13, 19:06   Link #64
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
There were quite a few things wrong in translation, actually (and not just in this episode), so I am wondering whether non-Japanese speakers are finding it disruptive in any way.

For me, it's disconcerting because what I see isn't what I'm hearing, but for those of you who don't speak Japanese, is it confusing in any way?

Spoiler for Some examples from this episode...:
The only thing that annoyed me was what I mentioned earlier, hearing "Gram Demolition" but not seeing it below. Hearing "Jutsu-(whatever it was)" and seeing Spell Dismantling was fine. I actually missed the errors you pointed out, because I knew what he meant.
Old 2014-07-14, 05:47   Link #65
askara

Not even slightly worry about Tatsuya losing. i mean lets face it even though he is "bad" at magic, so far not even one episode goes by without telling us in a new way how much of a complete genius he is, everything he do is ground breaking and never before in history so next episode will be he pretend to take the bait, corner by suzaku's team then pull a genius move and reverse the situation, people shock at his talent and go on how this is impossible for anyone but Tatsuya.

the only way he lose is the hide his strength as secret but not before pulling some genius move that make shock Suzaku and making him feel like he lost even though he won the battle
Old 2014-07-14, 09:07   Link #66
maplehurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatRules View Post
Don't worry. The participants are all required to wear protective gears(see Anime) and there are bunch of safety personals watching the scene to make sure no one will get hurt too badly(Mari's accident). Not to mention that Monolith participants are (supposed to be) elite class combat magicians who are capable of defending themselves on some level: flying rocks aren't that lethal at all.
Except for Morisaki's team.
Old 2014-07-14, 09:37   Link #67
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehurry View Post
Except for Morisaki's team.
They had a muti story building fall on them before the match started with what is classified as an A rank lethal spell in that situation and while badly hurt still did not have life threating injuries after they were rescued. It's not the same thing.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2014-07-14, 09:46   Link #68
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by askara View Post
Not even slightly worry about Tatsuya losing. i mean lets face it even though he is "bad" at magic, so far not even one episode goes by without telling us in a new way how much of a complete genius he is, everything he do is ground breaking and never before in history so next episode will be he pretend to take the bait, corner by suzaku's team then pull a genius move and reverse the situation, people shock at his talent and go on how this is impossible for anyone but Tatsuya.

the only way he lose is the hide his strength as secret but not before pulling some genius move that make shock Suzaku and making him feel like he lost even though he won the battle
I personally think its pretty much the opposite and he is very good at magic.
The test we saw him failing - did He fail to do it as good as Miyuki because he was actually really that bad at it or did he fail because he can't control his true powers if he doesn't hold back to the level of something like that happening?

Another thing we should consider is the incosistency in Tasuya's Psion Wave attack.
Last time we saw it it was a lot more powerful and knocked Hanzo out for several minutes. Given how Hanzo has a gun style CAD I assume he is competing in senior Monolith code during the tournament too, so he definitely has the ability to not go down that easily.
Yet the second time we saw that attack it wasn't enough to bring the enemy down at all - so I assume he held back there to not show 3rd high his cards.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2014-07-14, 10:58   Link #69
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
They had a muti story building fall on them before the match started with what is classified as an A rank lethal spell in that situation and while badly hurt still did not have life threating injuries after they were rescued. It's not the same thing.
Pretty sure the match had started, considering the spell was triggered from the opposing team's CAD. Unless teams are allowed to just start using magic before a match even starts, which wouldn't make any sense.
Old 2014-07-14, 11:27   Link #70
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Pretty sure the match had started, considering the spell was triggered from the opposing team's CAD. Unless teams are allowed to just start using magic before a match even starts, which wouldn't make any sense.
Assuming CR's translation is right, GDB is right.

Quote:
They got blitzed right after the match started.
(CR ep 14 11:59)

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2014-07-14, 14:48   Link #71
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Er... in case people missed it, the two officers that work with Tatsuya already confirmed that Tatsuya was holding back.
Old 2014-07-14, 14:52   Link #72
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Er... in case people missed it, the two officers that work with Tatsuya already confirmed that Tatsuya was holding back.
They confirmed he held back spells. But not that he held back that wave attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Assuming CR's translation is right, GDB is right.
It was a surprise attack shortly after the match started using a spell forbidden in that situation. Suddenly crushing a building onto somebody is slightly different than the flying rocks in Ichijou's situation.
Old 2014-07-14, 15:34   Link #73
askara

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
I personally think its pretty much the opposite and he is very good at magic.
The test we saw him failing - did He fail to do it as good as Miyuki because he was actually really that bad at it or did he fail because he can't control his true powers if he doesn't hold back to the level of something like that happening?

Another thing we should consider is the incosistency in Tasuya's Psion Wave attack.
Last time we saw it it was a lot more powerful and knocked Hanzo out for several minutes. Given how Hanzo has a gun style CAD I assume he is competing in senior Monolith code during the tournament too, so he definitely has the ability to not go down that easily.
Yet the second time we saw that attack it wasn't enough to bring the enemy down at all - so I assume he held back there to not show 3rd high his cards.
i agree he is very good at magic but the author have to go knock him down a peg before praising him like hell makes me think the author is trying fulfilling some kind of inferior complex he has. i mean it is stated ancient magic is more powerful but no match for modern magic because of speed. and yet Tatsuya has the fastest casting speed but somehow deem inferior in exam because speed is not examinable? what?

and yea its stupid how he can instantaneous teleported behind and knock out Hanzo and now can barely disable opponent.
Old 2014-07-14, 16:31   Link #74
IceHism

Quote:
i agree he is very good at magic but the author have to go knock him down a peg before praising him like hell makes me think the author is trying fulfilling some kind of inferior complex he has. i mean it is stated ancient magic is more powerful but no match for modern magic because of speed. and yet Tatsuya has the fastest casting speed but somehow deem inferior in exam because speed is not examinable? what?

and yea its stupid how he can instantaneous teleported behind and knock out Hanzo and now can barely disable opponent.
Speed is part of the exam and Tatsuya is bad at it. Like in the 2nd episode where he commented that casting the spell to move that piece of block over and back was too slow.

Also, he did not teleport, that was just him moving very quickly.
Old 2014-07-14, 16:36   Link #75
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
and yet Tatsuya has the fastest casting speed but somehow deem inferior in exam because speed is not examinable? what?

He doesn't have the fastest casting speed. Where did you get that? His activation speed is slow. That's what knocked him down. What he does well is the performance of the spell once activated, which in his case can take some time.

As for the second point, he didn't really teleport behind Hattori. He moved quickly behind him using his ninjutsu, which is physical ability, not magical ability. Hattori was too surprised by the speed of his movement to properly react.
Old 2014-07-14, 16:56   Link #76
askara

my memory is fuzzy on all those magic technical talk but but in the duel of Hanzo didnt he beat before he can react by activating a spell? and to cancel other people spell didnthe need use some kind of spell faster then the caster to cancel it? also he seem to activated Glam demolition instantly
Old 2014-07-14, 17:16   Link #77
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
my memory is fuzzy on all those magic technical talk but but in the duel of Hanzo didnt he beat before he can react by activating a spell? and to cancel other people spell didnthe need use some kind of spell faster then the caster to cancel it? also he seem to activated Glam demolition instantly
Hattori couldn't react because he was surprised by the speed with which Tatsuya got out of there. In the simulation within his mind Tatsuya just stood there trying to cast a spell, like normal non-ninjutsu people do. So when Tatsuya got out of there that fast, Hattori was too stunned to react. Besides, the CAD Tatsuya used back then (the Silver Horn Trident) was specifically suited for the tasks he wanted them to do.

As for the second point, different spells have different activation times, obviously. And, the spell canceling is one of his special skills and people always have an easier time using their special skills. Just look at Leo, how easily he handles his fortifying magic, as opposed to for example that task at school.
Old 2014-07-14, 17:42   Link #78
IceHism

Quote:
It is likely that you need to have visual confirmation of target to use a spell because Tatsuya got out of Hanzo's sight

So while Hanzo was confused on how Tatsuya disappeared, Tatsuya casted that spell.

Gram demolition isn't a spell in the traditional sense. It is a non-systematic magic so it's usage is based on psions and your ability to manipulate it. It is just focusing your psions(and according to ushiyama at the lab, he has a lot of it along with miyuki) into a cannonball and shooting it at someone. It blows away magic sequences and activation sequences since psions cannot directly affect objects in the physical world.
Old 2014-07-14, 19:49   Link #79
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I was thrown off by the fact that they were calling it a false start as they targeted their starting location before there was any in universe reason they could know that they were there. it would be like someone tackling the person catching the ball in a kick off in the end zone the exact instance they catch the ball. My point is that there wasn't even enough time for their guard to be up.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2014-07-14, 21:57   Link #80
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domonkazu View Post
gram dispersion vs gram demolition, what's the difference?
Dispersion is an application of his signature decomposition.
Demolition is the outer-system psion thingy type magic.
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
Closed Thread