Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2008-04-03, 14:13   Link #441
tokoyoko
ruu, yaoi fiend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacike View Post
I re-enter the forum against i was initially thinking to do and what do i found?. Some random guy trying to make a fool out of me...

Lack of courtesy? : Which part of the "with all due respect" do you not understand.

Warped motivation to register out of purely vindictive intentions? : vindictive? omg , VINDICTIVE!!??. I searched that word my friend , and i dont like it. I came here to tell you all what kind of reaction that image is getting out there. I merely told my opinion about it. Now , tell me where is the revenge there. Or are you telling me that i am hurting/anguishing the drawer with an honest opinion?

Bizarre and incorrect use of the word drawer? : My bad , some of the animesuki users have not english as a native language since we are from all around the world. I hope that you have no problem with that. If you are willing to teach me a new and more correct word meaning drawer ill be glad to hear.

To sum it all , i think you are trying to mock me. I came here with an opinion trying to be useful for the community and you use sacarms against me. I hope you had fun.
not really trying to make a "fool" of anyone here - i'm merely commenting on your lack of general courtesy because using words like "disgusting" is unnecessary for the purposes of evaluating a work of art from a general point of view. i find it hard to believe that you are unaware of the purely negative implications of such a word.

"all due respect" is used only to clarify an ambiguous or questionable form of wording/syntax/phrasing...when you want to make a statement with the clearance of "if this sounds offensive from a certain angle, i do not intend for it to mean it in that way." it doesn't automatically excuse the following sentence. If a stranger said to you, "with all due respect, you're a dumbass," would you really think that they had any measure of respect for you? of course not.

your reaction and your opinion are respected - this is a general courtesy that we all grant to one another as equal human beings... so why not offer that same kind of altruistic good will by stating your personal opinion in kinder, favorable terms? feedback and constructive criticism is great - words that hurt people aren't so great.

okaaaay, n.l. i admit, the nitpicking of the word "drawer" for not being the most readily used word for an artist was uncalled for ;P that was my personal bad there. hehe.

to end my bit, i do apologize for kachike feeling slighted, because that's unfair - i was, of course, reacting emotionally. my real intent was to simply say: "please don't use offensive words to express your personal opinions."
tokoyoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-03, 16:29   Link #442
Xannieh

I think Kayos said it best. I personally think that the piece is a wonderful piece of art, I love the hair and the Kimono and such. I even don't mind the eyes, the eyes stand out and look impish. What I think throws the picture off for some is the nose, the mouth and the the overdone blush.

Though I also know there are some people that like that look and find it very pretty and beautiful. It does make me want to see more of her work though.
Xannieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 01:41   Link #443
Poemi-chan
Puni Puni Kobayashi

Amazing detailing on the accessories and kimono! I do agree that the colored version looks devious...the drawing looks way more gentle and sweet. Not sure why that is...probably how the eyes standout with the bold black outline? Weird how that is. Oh well. Whatever. It's cool anyway.
Old 2008-04-04, 22:48   Link #444
nissie

Greetings all. First time posting here and I would like to say that all the art so far are all very pretty in their own way.

I decided to submit my own art. Please enjoy! Presenting Magical Angel Kairin:

Last edited by nissie; 2008-04-10 at 15:36. Reason: took out spoiler tag
nissie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 04:27   Link #445
PonSquared
A Very Senior Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissie View Post
Greetings all. First time posting here and I would like to say that all the art so far are all very pretty in their own way.
Better than I could do, and cute.
PonSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 11:57   Link #446
Catalan

I'm surprised at the dislike for Takumy's Kairin. Editing your hosts file to block it is one thing, but posting directions for everyone else is just low. I would have expected more openness than that around here.
Catalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 15:49   Link #447
Kafuka
Mad Scientist
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Kafuka Send a message via MSN to Kafuka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalan View Post
I'm surprised at the dislike for Takumy's Kairin. Editing your hosts file to block it is one thing, but posting directions for everyone else is just low. I would have expected more openness than that around here.
I agree with the person above. Plus, calling a picture "disgusting" is probably one of the worst ways to offend an artist. I guess nobody would want his/her hard work being called like that, right?
Kafuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 15:59   Link #448
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Well, giving criticism like that without pointing out what you dislike and suggesting ways to fix it just makes the artist feel bad and doesn't help them improve at all.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 01:05   Link #449
mikoo
Banned

Edit: Images removed because the external hosting service was "upgraded" in Jan 2014.
This means the images were deleted. What remained here would only serve as an advert so has been removed.

Last edited by NightWish; 2014-11-13 at 09:07.
mikoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 15:24   Link #450
N.L

Aaawww.. Cute!
N.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 16:23   Link #451
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikoo View Post
Edit: Images removed because the external hosting service was "upgraded" in Jan 2014.
This means the images were deleted. What remained here would only serve as an advert so has been removed.
AUGHH! I demand a colored version for this Kairin/Horo blend!
Great work Mikoo

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb

Last edited by NightWish; 2014-11-13 at 09:09.
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 16:52   Link #452
Takumy
Vector Queen

Well all said and done... ^_^ i know lots of people have their own opinions .. and are allowed to openly express it .. maybe he/she didnt mean disgusting could it be " dislike" not of his or her liking.. But as an artist .. it does hurt and it makes me not want to draw for anyone ever again.. ^__^ .. But i know that lotz of other people do like it and that is what matters..

As for the details.. Yes " it is my style not to color upper lips .. .. usually manga style doesnt have lips .. do i find it nice to color the thicker bottom lip.. makes her juicy.. LOL ^_^ ..

As for her eyes.. it has always been my style to color them this way.. I cannot do cute .. i've tried.. my art is more on the sexy side..

0__0" Maybe that is why people like my sketches better.. Even i feel the same.. Bleh ^_~
Takumy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 16:54   Link #453
Takumy
Vector Queen

BUT OMG!! Mikoo's kairin is UBER CUTE... The cuteness overflows her.. ^__^ Are you going to color it?? .. I think every one agrees with me when i say .. GIMME COLOR VERSION ... GIMME GIMME!!!

If you dont have a way of coloring it... I would gladly color it for you ^__^ .. just let me know the colors ..
Old 2008-04-07, 17:00   Link #454
nissie

Mikoo's is very cute! And very detailed, too. Good job!

Did the spoiler tag make it harder to notice my drawing? I did it for the sake of space, I didn't realize it was easy to miss.
nissie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 19:54   Link #455
Takumy
Vector Queen

Nissie.. i didn't noticed it .. >__< .. .. But she is soo cute as well.. she gives me this sailor moon feeling.. ^_^ I love sailor moon .. keep up the good work!
Old 2008-04-08, 03:52   Link #456
mikoo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.L View Post
Aaawww.. Cute!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
AUGHH! I demand a colored version for this Kairin/Horo blend!
Great work Mikoo
Thanks , actually that's Kairin cosplaying as Horo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumy View Post
BUT OMG!! Mikoo's kairin is UBER CUTE... The cuteness overflows her.. ^__^ Are you going to color it?? .. I think every one agrees with me when i say .. GIMME COLOR VERSION ... GIMME GIMME!!!.
Thanks, i'd like to, but i couldn't color using Photoshop CS3. that's why i never colors my own fanart
Could you teach me how to color that? or is there any tutorial to do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumy View Post
If you dont have a way of coloring it... I would gladly color it for you ^__^ .. just let me know the colors .

Horo:

Spice and wolf image thread

Quote:
Mikoo's is very cute! And very detailed, too. Good job!

Did the spoiler tag make it harder to notice my drawing? I did it for the sake of space, I didn't realize it was easy to miss.
Quote:

I decided to submit my own art. Please enjoy! Presenting Magical Angel Kairin:
Spoiler for Art:
Very nice. The coloring is excellent

Last edited by NightWish; 2014-11-13 at 09:09.
mikoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 09:09   Link #457
Takumy
Vector Queen

Dear Mikoo .. I do have tutorials at my DA page.. ^__^ But i color in Adobe Illustrator CS2 .. If you are still interested in learning .. here is the page! save the tutorial to your computer ..

http://www.takumy.deviantart.com/gallery/#Tutorials
Old 2008-04-08, 22:31   Link #458
tanko

That's nice

I love the various "faces" and different styles for Kairin character.

Would like to try my own vision for her. How do we do that? Just post here?

Nice to meet you all, I've been around for a long time but just now decided to do some forum posts.

Tanko
tanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 00:12   Link #459
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Takumy, that is a wonderful piece of artwork. I prefer the drawn version to the colored one, purely because the colored version removes and/or makes difficult to see some of the detail and shading the drawn version has. But it's still amazing either way.

I don't agree with the negative responses the image has gotten. While it does lack the "cute" look many anime drawings have, the image could be compared to some of the more "realistic" anime styled drawings out there. Going so far as to call it disgusting and even offer ways for people to block the image was extremely rude and lacking of criticism.

Don't let such negativity get you down. I look forward to seeing more of your work.
Old 2008-04-09, 13:44   Link #460
tanko

Regarding Takumy, all I can say by watching this piece of work is that it was made by a great artist, someone who can do an excellent vector work and is a very skilled penciller. I feel kinda envious.

I also prefer the pencil version - and I know how annoying it is when our sketches turn to be more dynamic than the finished work. Sometimes the lines rhythm go "lost in the translation" of the techniques.

Maybe it's not Takumy's best piece, but I can't really understand the overreacted negative feedback.

What annoyed me about the picture was, in fact, the way it was cropped in first page...! Lost the cream of the drawing, that was the kimono detailing and color subtleties.
tanko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kairin, wiki candidate