AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-04-16, 16:31   Link #41
ato
Oups...

Now, that was a stunning opening episode of this OVA. This seems like something I've never seen before. I can't seem to pinpoint its uniqueness, but once I have digested it maybe I'll come up with something...

The strength of this series is clearly in the story and moodsetting - If they manage to make us truly feel for the characters in the episodes to come, this might be something truly noteworthy. As for the premise of the series, it has a ring of truth to it. Internally consistent and resonating well with the folklore surrounding this kind of phenomena.

The ed song is something of the most fitting I've seen to an anime so far. It simply has to be written for this series. If not, then the series is written to the song. Amazingly good.
ato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 20:55   Link #42
WabukiSensei
Chillin out

Could someone tell me like what's going on? I don't have a clue as to what this episode is trying to portray....it's too confusing for me to digest. I know that Cossette is some sort of dead person and I know that Eiri is like her victim or something, but that's about it. Btw, what does the title mean? And who was the black haired girl that told Eiri to drink from that cup of blood? She didn't look like Cossette but Cossette said that Eiri drank her blood.
WabukiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 21:26   Link #43
SimplyEd
Claytard

Just watched the first episode and i have to say: THAT'S what i call a BLOOD contract

I was watching it with my cousin and we both went WTF!?!? at the same time..in a positive way,that is. I'm completely hooked..not only because the music score is another brilliant example of Kajiura Yuki's genius. This is actually the first time that an animation that carries her music really deserves the honor to carry it.
SimplyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 22:18   Link #44
LinChoiSin

i liked it and i 'll definitely watch the next ova's .it reminds me of "shingetsutan tsukihime" and i loved that show so i'm glad because there aren't so many shows with a dark atmosphere.
LinChoiSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 22:23   Link #45
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Anyone know the music's name?
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 23:32   Link #46
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WabukiSensei
Could someone tell me like what's going on? I don't have a clue as to what this episode is trying to portray....it's too confusing for me to digest. I know that Cossette is some sort of dead person and I know that Eiri is like her victim or something, but that's about it. Btw, what does the title mean? And who was the black haired girl that told Eiri to drink from that cup of blood? She didn't look like Cossette but Cossette said that Eiri drank her blood.
Spoiler:
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 01:10   Link #47
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Finally a anime that can compare to the great Tsukihime. Since this is a ova its gonna be awhile before the next ova episode comes out.
Old 2004-04-17, 01:23   Link #48
metachronism

Quote:
Originally Posted by WabukiSensei
The black-haired girl is the girl working at the deli store, Yū-chan. Like dreamless says, she was possessed by Cossette at the time.

When Eiri says "Yū-chan says she doesn't know anything about last night." that's what he's talking about. It's not "Yū-chan says she doesn't remember..." because he's not sure himself if it was for real.

I'm not sure if there will be a pre-DVD-release airing of vol. 2 like there was for vol 1, but if there is, I suspect it will be some time in June, as vol. 2 is slated for release in July.

Please do grab the DVD source version once we release it. The art in this show is too good for that TV cap--not to mention we need to fix typos

--meta
metachronism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 01:35   Link #49
TronDD
Team the box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metachronism
Please do grab the DVD source version once we release it. The art in this show is too good for that TV cap--not to mention we need to fix typos

--meta
Sweet. Glad to see you plan to put out a DVD version and fixed subs. This show left me absolutely speachless. It's just unbelievably fantastic.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 03:16   Link #50
Kaoru
Pirate Girl Nyuu

Send a message via Yahoo to Kaoru
Saw the first OVA and... o_o

This is the kind of anime I enjoy. Something different from what's been coming out recently.
Love everything about it - the art was pleasing (in all it's bloody goodness), the animation was no less, the music was beautiful and fit perfectly (nothin less from Kaijura-sama), and the gothic/moody atmosphere was what made this anime most interesting. I have to say, this is one of the most intriguing anime I've seen this year, so far. I watch alot of shonen anime these days, so this was very refreshing artistically and story-wise.

I look forward to the next episode. ^_^
Kaoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 05:38   Link #51
Lambda

Well, I have to say I'm rather disappointed. Exactly my kind of style, but it seems to be missing something. I just don't feel interested in what it's trying to say, it hasn't managed to give me a "this is important" feeling that titles that require a great deal of audience effort really need. I think what it really needs is an interesting main character. Still, I'll definitely keep watching, sometimes things like this need time before they start to work, and the potential reward is great.
Lambda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 05:47   Link #52
Kazahaya

stylish and artistic :3
I absolutely love the music... <3
though there are parts of the story i cant understand (without reading the previous posts) ....
watching creepy stuff once in a while is good, but whats going on is a bit too subtle for me to understand @_@" i'll rewatch it some time, mebbe i'll find it more enjoyable ; ) (just like Sentou Yousei Yukikaze)
Kazahaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 03:34   Link #53
darkwave
Manual Mode

This one is a big hit to me. I like everything that i've seen so far, even thought its still a bit hazy for me to understand considering its only the first episode.

Cossette is way up there on my must watch list! >_<
Its about damn time somebody produced a quality anime different from the rest.
darkwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 08:06   Link #54
Miwi

This is, so far, my favorite anime of this season. I mean... this anime has everything! GREAT music (not just good, or nice, but the kind of soundtrack that makes you want to go running after the OST), great animation, great storyline... I even liked the characters! And all the skulls, and skeletons, and blood...

What can I say? I can hardly wait for the next OVA!

P.s: I've watched this OVA TWICE yesterday. I HARDLY watch something twice in such a short time. And I even paid attention the two times i watched it, what is even harder.

and cossette is MEAN.
Miwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 08:45   Link #55
TronDD
Team the box!

I've watched it twice already, too. I plan to watch it again tonight. I can't get enought Already put up the shot of Cossette that is shown during the end credits as my wallpaper.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 09:53   Link #56
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Cosette-chan Kawaii ne!

tsurumaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-20, 09:33   Link #57
Hao Asakura
Newbie arimasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyEd
Just watched the first episode and i have to say: THAT'S what i call a BLOOD contract

I was watching it with my cousin and we both went WTF!?!? at the same time..in a positive way,that is. I'm completely hooked..not only because the music score is another brilliant example of Kajiura Yuki's genius. This is actually the first time that an animation that carries her music really deserves the honor to carry it.
Yeah, I just watched this show yesterday and I was totally confused about the show. The only thing I know about this series is Blood, Blood, and lots of.......lots of Blood. The story itself is vague and the visual is too foggy and blurry. The only cool thing is the music which really fits the situation.
Spoiler:
Hao Asakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 01:24   Link #58
LK_LoA

Non-linear storytelling. I can handle that.
Excessive symbology and 'unnecessary' scenes. I can handle that.
Barely a decent introduction to the kawaii girls in the antique shop. I can handle that.
Blood everywhere. I can handle that.

The animation, soundtrack and voice-ating is superb though. Especially Marina Inoue who is Cosette and sings the ED. The TV capture hurt the quality as it was not as vibrant as the promo.

Verdict: High production values, great backgrounds, music and voice-acting let down by overdone transformation scene that felt out of place to me.
LK_LoA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-24, 20:04   Link #59
Yogo_Pogo
A laughing demonic Skull

I heard some people wo said that the music of Yuki kajiura is good and i couln't agree more. But all the anime that i watched that had the music of Kajiura were boring. By the promo, i think that the beginning will be good and the end disapointing. If spring is a vacation for japanese i understand why anime in this season is boring. I noticed that while the duration of a vacation, they don't seems to be able to give anything interesting on tv or on any other form of entertainment that you can enjoy indoors.
Yogo_Pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-24, 22:08   Link #60
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Yeah the anime Yuki Kajiura does music for are all rather slow in action and plot, and not only that most of her stuff also does not have humour or romances. The only plus side to her stuff is the fact that all of them are very nicely animated.

Example of the ones I can't really stand would be Noir and Madlax. I can stand their rather slow story lines, and symbols but I just can't stand all those repeated flashbacks. Their plot sort of annoys me too.

.Hack series actually had guy characters and some humour so that was at least satisfying. But in terms of action that series was still rather slow, but I could stand that because of the beautiful animation.

But you know, this anime is different than these three anime, so I will have to wait and see another episode before deciding. ^_^
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote