AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hanasaku Iroha

Notices

View Poll Results: Hanasaku Iroha - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 51 57.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 28.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 9.09%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.27%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.14%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.14%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-12, 16:55   Link #61
Irisiel

Sorry, will move on to Satsuki's thread.

Last edited by Irisiel; 2011-06-12 at 16:57. Reason: Posted before I saw the notice.
Old 2011-06-12, 16:57   Link #62
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipodi View Post
I appreciate an insider's view. Based on the moderator's comment, I will not make further comments about Satsuki.
Oh, sorry. I didn't mean I was a writer. I meant, if you think Satsuki's job is "writer for a PR firm".
Old 2011-06-12, 17:04   Link #63
sikvod00

Ko rejected a confession from that cute girl at the book store. He must be wondering what's to stop Ohana from rejecting his as well. No way he missed that parallel when they were talking at the restaurant.
Old 2011-06-12, 17:06   Link #64
hanashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Season should end with Ko taking Ohana to a love hotel.
lolwut? Knowing, Ohana, she wouldn't even get it. She's never thought about boys before so she's probably never thought about sex, etc. She'd probably think all hotels had vibrating beds.

Poor kid. She did not have a good episode. I hope all those arcade scenes are Minko and Tooru trying to cheer her up. Mindless entertainment or chocolate. Or both!
Old 2011-06-12, 17:14   Link #65
HandofFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanashi View Post
lolwut? Knowing, Ohana, she wouldn't even get it. She's never thought about boys before so she's probably never thought about sex, etc. She'd probably think all hotels had vibrating beds.

Poor kid. She did not have a good episode. I hope all those arcade scenes are Minko and Tooru trying to cheer her up. Mindless entertainment or chocolate. Or both!
Ko will just have to be a man.

Even a girl like Ohana will get the hint once Ko is in her mouth. XD
Old 2011-06-12, 17:21   Link #66
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Stupid Ohana.

"I told her I couldn't return her feelings..."

That's not only a proper answer, but that's him saying "I love you" all over again. But noo... thickheaded girl just can't take a hint lol.

Not gonna lie though, new girl is like 100x more cuter appearance wise in comparison to Ohana. To jump ship, even when it seems everything is made to be an obstacle to KoXOhana (including this girl)? Just so they can keep us not sure about that relationship coming to fruition, at least until 2 cours in? I dunno....

In any case, I'm glad Tohru didn't come by himself. Minchi, good job!

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2011-06-12, 17:43   Link #67
Peanutbutter

Who wants to see Sui vs Satsuki in future episodes, please raise your hands!

*raises*

The mum needs to be put in her place, and the best person is her mum. Damn, what a dynamic.
Old 2011-06-12, 18:33   Link #68
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

I found it incredibly odd how they were able to find Ohana in the middle of the city during a downpour . Did Tooru put some tracking device on her as part of his infatuation? I imagine they were driving all day to get to Tokyo from Yunosagi, so they wouldn't have much time to look.
Old 2011-06-12, 18:51   Link #69
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Stupid Ohana.

That's not only a proper answer, but that's him saying "I love you" all over again. But noo... thickheaded girl just can't take a hint lol.
Well to be fair, remember that this IS a translation. The tone/implications of what Ko said and what the translated pegged him down as saying might have somewhat nuanced differences.
Old 2011-06-12, 21:53   Link #70
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Thinking back on the episode, I believe the Mom's review is inconsequential. Kissuisou has relied on loyal return customers and they have stressed that point quite a bit in the show. It would make sense that the larger inns which may rely on publicity depend more on tourists who rely on pamphlets and travel magazines. Additionally, not all of the people on the association meeting seemed to be perturbed so I would venture to say that occasional mediocre reviews are one of those normal occurrences that Ohana blew out of proportion.
Old 2011-06-12, 22:36   Link #71
ReddyRedWolf

The reason Ko will never get anywhere with Ohana is that he always freaking runaway!

I mean dude you are asking a girl to invest emotionally to you but you are not showing you yourself to commit enough.

Ohana has those issues growing up with her mother hence she can't commit to somebody with a wishy-washy attitude.
Old 2011-06-12, 22:39   Link #72
hanashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
Thinking back on the episode, I believe the Mom's review is inconsequential. Kissuisou has relied on loyal return customers and they have stressed that point quite a bit in the show. It would make sense that the larger inns which may rely on publicity depend more on tourists who rely on pamphlets and travel magazines. Additionally, not all of the people on the association meeting seemed to be perturbed so I would venture to say that occasional mediocre reviews are one of those normal occurrences that Ohana blew out of proportion.
This is a good point. We're fed the show through Ohana's eyes (usually) so it's really easy to get caught up in her pace because her character and her seiyuu are both fabulous. They might lose some business from customers who read that travel magazine but there are other magazines out there. (haha, I just realized that we got massively trolled in episodes 8/9. The mystery guest wasn't even there. I do wonder if that girl was writing for another magazine or if she was just another tool of the trolling.)
Old 2011-06-12, 22:43   Link #73
Shadow5YA

I don't think the bad review is a major plot point anyway. It was more of a plot device to get Ohana to confront her mother and see Ko again.
Old 2011-06-12, 23:02   Link #74
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

(Kaiji narration) Ohana's mother... overwhelming... scum...!
No Count! No Count! No Count! No Count! No Count!
I just realized she reminds me so much of Kirei...

Ohana... overwhelming... ポポポポポ( ゚д゚)゚д゚)゚д゚)゚д゚)゚д゚)ポカーン…
Well, it's not like she was so incredibly disturbing for the first time though. Still, be it breaking in to the news place because someone else' opinion is different (she can't survive the internet...), self-protesting like an idiot, suddenly searching for Kou-chan, suddenly running out, and just becoming a whole mess that makes you wonder what the heck she wants to do sure left me in awe... in a bad meaning.

Kou-chan... Well, typical protagonist-type actions.

Two annoying characters mained the first part and it felt so stupid, but the second part had messy romance, so Ohana's actions can be overlooked.
Looking forward to Ohana's confrontation with that other girl. Uhew... Grabbing his sleeves.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2011-06-12, 23:34   Link #75
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Maybe my longest blog review ever, but this ep warranted it:

This show makes me crazy. Just another reminder of how fantastic it can be when it focuses on what's important - and of how often in 11 episodes it hasn't done that. But damn - this was really good.

I think the development with Satsuki was superbly done - and then we were hit by the real main event in the second half of the ep. This was a case where the events of the episode portended one thing, and the PV something else. Which one do you believe?
Old 2011-06-12, 23:37   Link #76
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post

Kou-chan... Well, typical protagonist-type actions.
Which makes it very frustrating seeing him as that type with Ohana as the main character.
Old 2011-06-13, 00:29   Link #77
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Something tells me Ohana is a unplanned child (probably from a short time lover)

Her mom is terrible, dumping the responsiblility of raising her child to grandma.
Old 2011-06-13, 00:40   Link #78
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Something tells me Ohana is a unplanned child (probably from a short time lover)

Her mom is terrible, dumping the responsiblility of raising her child to grandma.
Which kinda makes me wonder why she hasn't done so much earlier.
Old 2011-06-13, 00:40   Link #79
deadite

Ko is not a typical male lead at all. He is so different.. Maybe he only comes off like that because he's nice like most anime male leads but he's pretty analytical and prudent.
Old 2011-06-13, 00:43   Link #80
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:

Rewind a bit, she stopped herself short and realized in her head that she did the exact same thing to Ko. She's not as thickheaded as you make her out to be, and she probably knows why Ko said what he said to the girl as well, considering she didn't finish her sentence. Her breakdown in the following scenes is also a result of her pent-up feelings regarding things she wanted to talk about with Ko but couldn't.

Quote:
Not gonna lie though, new girl is like 100x more cuter appearance wise in comparison to Ohana. To jump ship, even when it seems everything is made to be an obstacle to KoXOhana (including this girl)? Just so they can keep us not sure about that relationship coming to fruition, at least until 2 cours in? I dunno....
Ohana all the way for me

Quote:
In any case, I'm glad Tohru didn't come by himself. Minchi, good job!
Agreed! I'm glad Tohru didn't show up on his own. That would've given shippers a field day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanashi View Post
This is a good point. We're fed the show through Ohana's eyes (usually) so it's really easy to get caught up in her pace because her character and her seiyuu are both fabulous. They might lose some business from customers who read that travel magazine but there are other magazines out there. (haha, I just realized that we got massively trolled in episodes 8/9. The mystery guest wasn't even there. I do wonder if that girl was writing for another magazine or if she was just another tool of the trolling.)
Actually, she was there, at the last scene in ep 9 where Ohana was talking to the old lady with the girl on the computer. She was saying how her daughter needed to be there because it's part of her job and couldn't really talked about it, and the girl told her off about it. That was the mystery guest.
Closed Thread