AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-21, 21:00   Link #61
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Rather than OOC, I feel that they really didn't give Alister much character development in the series other than as "Tatiana's best friend". Apart from the basics and some added info from supplement materials we know nothing else. Her being a Claus x Tatiana bordering otaku levels is a delicious surprise.
Old 2011-12-22, 08:24   Link #62
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
I never imagined that Tatiana could cook.

Well, Tatiana is an A grade student.
Old 2011-12-22, 09:06   Link #63
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by encia View Post
Well, Tatiana is an A grade student.

After thinking about it, I came to the conclusion that she could do it because she was an overachiever.
Old 2011-12-22, 16:25   Link #64
TheKage

I think Claus and everybody else appreciates the fact that Tatiana didn't fall into the overachiever-girl-with-a-crush-but-can't-cook-except-to-kill trope.
Old 2011-12-27, 15:47   Link #65
Darthtabby

Speaking as someone who has been rewatching Last Exile recently, it does seem kind of hard to reconcile this new Alister with the one from the original anime. However mischievious Alister is so hilarious I don't really care very much.

On another note, is Alvis really supposed to be eleven in the original series? She comes across as being much younger than that.
Old 2012-01-21, 13:47   Link #66
azarhal

Chapter 5 is "out"!

Can I say that Claus is really stupid? He knows he can't do anything against a Guilder...and Tatiana is probably having a guild trip now. Great!
Old 2012-01-21, 13:53   Link #67
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

I really like the focus of this serie so far :3 They know what's really important : Claus and Tatiana

*run away*

Old 2012-01-22, 00:57   Link #68
Shadow X
Stargazing

Tatiana is so hot at the last few pages of chapter 5!
Old 2012-01-22, 01:48   Link #69
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
I really like the focus of this serie so far :3 They know what's really important : Claus and Tatiana

*run away*

Indeed. Now it's time for Claus and Tatiana to the rescue!
Old 2012-01-24, 22:07   Link #70
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Gosh, the writer must really be a hardcore Clausx Tatiana fan though to be fair it technically was her fault why Claus never got home on time)... I found it funny (and sad) that HOLLY, of all people, was the one who called out Claus for his tardiness.
Old 2012-01-24, 22:30   Link #71
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

It's really all that bastard uncle's fault. Gold digger to the max.
Old 2012-01-24, 22:37   Link #72
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
It's really all that bastard uncle's fault. Gold digger to the max.
The irony here, of course, is there's technically no gold to dig. All that Claus has to him is his fame, and that's it. And while he's technically a noble, if I remember right his father was just a minor noble considered eccentric because of his love of vanship flying.
Old 2012-01-24, 23:02   Link #73
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

His fame and role in LE puts him in a very lofty position. He is personal friends with a lot of the top brass, is considered the best pilot of his generation, and would therefore have a ton of pull and influence in the government. Not to mention all the respect he has from everyone.
Old 2012-02-24, 05:32   Link #74
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Chapter 6 : We learned more about the Earth's guild and why Al was kidnapped. And of course, more Tatiania and Cluas interaction This should be animated

ClausXTatiana !!! :33
Old 2012-02-24, 05:50   Link #75
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Okay... so based on chapter 6, there is the possibility that guild members are monoclonal in origin and have been doing so for generations. Quite possibly that the guild members from all member worlds may come from a single person or small group.

This suggests that all of them are genetically identical, save for X and Y chromosomes distinguishing male from female. This would be truth for Earth at least, as for everyone else, so...
Old 2012-02-24, 07:39   Link #76
azarhal

I always had the impression they were clones in the first season too. In fact, it explain why Marius wanted them to marry normal people.

Also, we now know what Twin mean now, where Luscinia and Alauda really Twin? If they were, does it mean that they used the Augusta and Ades to fulfill the Guild's plan?

Oh and Tatiana might end up losing her military rank when she comeback. I wonder how she made Captain now.
Old 2012-02-24, 09:49   Link #77
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Lovely. More ClausXTatiana moments. And so the Earth Guild are not corrupt just like their Prester counterparts, just bad at communicating with people.
Old 2012-02-24, 14:21   Link #78
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
So that's what Twin means. So Alauda and Luscinia are likely from Twin afterall and they are carrying out their plans by using the Ades. Then who is the Maestro then?

So if they were cloning for the past 600 years and their DNA has been deteriorating, how did Uroctea and Aranea managed to stay young?

Also Anatoray did managed to reverse engineer some of the Guild tech.
Old 2012-02-24, 14:28   Link #79
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
So if they were cloning for the past 600 years and their DNA has been deteriorating, how did Uroctea and Aranea managed to stay young?
I would stay close to (real-life science!) and say that they age like everybody else. It's the cloning process that destroy/shorten telomere and make old baby clones. It might also shorten their lifespan...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
Also Anatoray did managed to reverse engineer some of the Guild tech.
They already have, the Urbanus used a none-Guild Claudia Unity that was reverse engineered from the one the Silvana use.
Old 2012-02-24, 19:19   Link #80
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Well, a lot of things are starting to make sense. It looks like this branch of the Earth Guild, while still having healthy members two years prior to Fam, was in danger of dying out since a new generation wasn't being born anymore. While they aren't evil as Delphine, they're still borderline jerkasses, brought about by centuries of physical superiority to baselines.

Also we get to know where the 'Twins' term came from. So it looks like Alauda and Luscinia are really the same too.

Ahaha, Alister. Yes, as long as you're with Tatiana, things should remain interesting yes?

Tags
action, sci-fi