AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2018-04-20, 20:11   Link #17461
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Unseen Horizon
Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Did she get tips from squid and peanut butter?
__________________

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-20, 20:11   Link #17462
Knighto
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
In the last page she's literally saying that her dish is about to transform. What have you done, Soma
Knighto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-20, 20:39   Link #17463
DragonOsman
Dragon King
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Age: 28
He made her transform. Into someone that can troll the Edgelord hard. It'll be pure gold.
__________________
DragonOsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-20, 23:51   Link #17464
dragon1412
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: somewhere in Asia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knighto View Post
In the last page she's literally saying that her dish is about to transform. What have you done, Soma
He transformed her into someone who can make a transformed dish that could transform her father, that's it
dragon1412 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 00:17   Link #17465
Sixth
Mushroom Princess
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ka-el View Post
Soma helped her psychologically, nothing more. About cooking soma didnít do anything for Erinaís dish that she couldnít do on her own with the right amount of time. And the dish Erina served is superior to the one Soma created with her tips, which was already on the same level of Eishi. This means that Erina is able to create a dish that can defeat Eishi on her own, something that Isshiki, Megishima and Soma cannot do right now.
Itís simple logic, and weeks ago I was sure that Erina was absolutely inferior to Megishima and Isshiki (you can go and check if you want). However this match proved that Erina, now that has found her specialty, is a able to make a dish superior to Eishiís ones. Iím not being a fanboy or whatever it is, I like Soma and I love seeing him winning, but this is logic, nothing more nor less.
Had Soma made a crappy food, and Erina made a superior dish, she will still lose the match. This applied the same to Soma's case. They need each other to win. I have no problem with Erina for being the 1st seat because she is definitely a better chef than Soma at this point.

I only have a problem with you that you think Soma doesn't deserve the 2nd seat because you think Isshiki and Megishima were better than Soma despite that they had a terrible showing in this arc. I feel that you didn't give Soma enough credit at here. Don't forget that even Azami has praised Soma's dishes for able to stand up against Eishi's true gourmet where Isshiki and Megishima had failed to do so.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 00:29   Link #17466
dragon1412
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: somewhere in Asia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Had Soma made a crappy food, and Erina made a superior dish, she will still lose the match. This applied the same to Soma's case. They need each other to win. I have no problem with Erina for being the 1st seat because she is definitely a better chef than Soma at this point.

I only have a problem with you that you think Soma doesn't deserve the 2nd seat because you think Isshiki and Megishima were better than Soma despite that they had a terrible showing in this arc. I feel that you didn't give Soma enough credit at here. Don't forget that even Azami has praised Soma's dishes for able to stand up against Eishi's true gourmet where Isshiki and Megishima had failed to do so.

Not really, Souma accomplished what he can partly due to Erina as a kind of marker, determined is the food cooked enough is part of skill and trial involved, Souma skip all that with Erina. So if we are to be fair, it's either SOuma cook alone or Erina take turn helping every single one, and the result is likely that Souma is below them
dragon1412 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 01:08   Link #17467
MAX_COLA_POWER!
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
One thing I hope after this arc is over, if they manage to get Azami out of the headmaster seat and Senzaemon back in, to eliminate the Elite 10 system altogether. It's pretty much the main reason why this thing even happened in the first place.
__________________
She's in your internets, watching you masterdebate.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 01:53   Link #17468
Xero8420
Ashigara's master
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: A disclosed area off coast Ryuku Islands
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
One thing I hope after this arc is over, if they manage to get Azami out of the headmaster seat and Senzaemon back in, to eliminate the Elite 10 system altogether. It's pretty much the main reason why this thing even happened in the first place.
So you think the Elite 10 is the problem?
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 02:21   Link #17469
Ka-el
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Had Soma made a crappy food, and Erina made a superior dish, she will still lose the match. This applied the same to Soma's case. They need each other to win. I have no problem with Erina for being the 1st seat because she is definitely a better chef than Soma at this point.

I only have a problem with you that you think Soma doesn't deserve the 2nd seat because you think Isshiki and Megishima were better than Soma despite that they had a terrible showing in this arc. I feel that you didn't give Soma enough credit at here. Don't forget that even Azami has praised Soma's dishes for able to stand up against Eishi's true gourmet where Isshiki and Megishima had failed to do so.
dragon1412 already replied about the second point so Iíll try again to explain the first one.
I didnít say that Erina would have won if Soma made a terrible dish. I mean that to be able to stand up to Eishiís dish Soma needed Erina tips about every single thing he has done, something that he would have never been able to do without her help. Right now his skills arenít enough to face Eishi on his own. Erina, however, created a dish that surpass Somaís (which thanks to her help was on the same level of Eishiís) so she already has the skills to make a dish superior to Eishiís on her own (here Soma helped her just because of the time, he didít prepared anything that Erina couldnít on her own for her dish with the right amount of time).
Ka-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 02:27   Link #17470
MAX_COLA_POWER!
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
So you think the Elite 10 is the problem?
Six of them voted Azami in, becoming the first seat has turned out to be more a pain in the ass than a blessing for all 3 revealed generations, and safe to say that in majority if you don't have an ego as huge as your lack for wanting to learn anything new and sympathy for your juniors outside of Satoshi/Tousuke/maybe Terunori (the guy just wants his seat back so even though he was an ally his reasoning was just a tad selfish), I would say Rindou too but her voting for Azami out of lulz turning into more out of fear still makes me 50/50, I'll stay with just wanting to constantly honing my craft by learning as much as I can from others thanks. Not to mention, more paperwork than an office supply store aisle. Not to mention that if the Elite Ten system is disbanded, there's a higher chance we can avoid the constant need to rank characters in ability (it'll never happen since power leveling and shipping are the 2 major topics in a series forum when the main material itself has become stale and boring).
__________________
She's in your internets, watching you masterdebate.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 04:15   Link #17471
dragon1412
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: somewhere in Asia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
So you think the Elite 10 is the problem?
It is, people call it since ages, cultivate them is fine, but let them control the board of directors >>> bad calling right there. It plainly show when how Azami easily talk Eishii into this whole things. The power is with E10, who is too young and easily swayed, giving them money and privilege is 1 things, authority is another thing altogether.
dragon1412 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 04:35   Link #17472
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: In my House
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
So you think the Elite 10 is the problem?
Students having the power to depose the head honcho of the school if they will it? Ah yeah it's clear that the power of the Elite 10 system can be abused by nefarious characters.
__________________
FGO JP: 149,376,696 IGN: James Starks

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 06:28   Link #17473
Sixth
Mushroom Princess
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
Not really, Souma accomplished what he can partly due to Erina as a kind of marker, determined is the food cooked enough is part of skill and trial involved, Souma skip all that with Erina. So if we are to be fair, it's either SOuma cook alone or Erina take turn helping every single one, and the result is likely that Souma is below them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ka-el View Post
dragon1412 already replied about the second point so Iíll try again to explain the first one.
I didnít say that Erina would have won if Soma made a terrible dish. I mean that to be able to stand up to Eishiís dish Soma needed Erina tips about every single thing he has done, something that he would have never been able to do without her help. Right now his skills arenít enough to face Eishi on his own. Erina, however, created a dish that surpass Somaís (which thanks to her help was on the same level of Eishiís) so she already has the skills to make a dish superior to Eishiís on her own (here Soma helped her just because of the time, he didít prepared anything that Erina couldnít on her own for her dish with the right amount of time).
You guys aren't giving Soma's enough credits. Why must you guys assumed that Soma can only cook the Dino Meat with Erina's help and not because Soma chose to cook the Dino Meat because he has Erina? It was clear that he has decided to cook something different than usual because his entire plan is revolving around Erina as his tool. If there is no Erina or he doesn't want to use Erina, he would have chosen a different approach or strategy for this match.

In the end, Dino meat is Soma's idea alone and Erina is just a tool like those noodle maker or kitchen knife for him.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 11:09   Link #17474
Ka-el
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
You guys aren't giving Soma's enough credits. Why must you guys assumed that Soma can only cook the Dino Meat with Erina's help and not because Soma chose to cook the Dino Meat because he has Erina? It was clear that he has decided to cook something different than usual because his entire plan is revolving around Erina as his tool. If there is no Erina or he doesn't want to use Erina, he would have chosen a different approach or strategy for this match.

In the end, Dino meat is Soma's idea alone and Erina is just a tool like those noodle maker or kitchen knife for him.
OMG... it's truly useless. So you think that the day after he used everything he got from the moment he was born to the last shokugeki he had to defeat the former 5th seat, Soma is improved enough to stand against Eishi and/or Rindo on his own?

Come on, there is a limit to power up and even to fan imaginations. Soma could have never created that dish without Erina and he even said it himself that he couldn't before because he didn't have her (that's why he didn't prepare it in his first match against Eishi). He used Erina to do practically everything. He imagined the dish, but Erina practically corrected him all the way through. Everytime she corrected him when he questioned her in his cooking, he was making mistakes that he couldn't see on his own and that would have lead to a failure (since he was combining to dishes the slightest mistake would have destroyed the balance of the final dish)

Soma chose to use Erina exactly because he got that he could have never been able to realize a dish that could being on the same level of the top 2 on his own. That's the whole point.
Ka-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 11:40   Link #17475
Sixth
Mushroom Princess
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ka-el View Post
OMG... it's truly useless. So you think that the day after he used everything he got from the moment he was born to the last shokugeki he had to defeat the former 5th seat, Soma is improved enough to stand against Eishi and/or Rindo on his own?

Come on, there is a limit to power up and even to fan imaginations. Soma could have never created that dish without Erina and he even said it himself that he couldn't before because he didn't have her (that's why he didn't prepare it in his first match against Eishi). He used Erina to do practically everything. He imagined the dish, but Erina practically corrected him all the way through. Everytime she corrected him when he questioned her in his cooking, he was making mistakes that he couldn't see on his own and that would have lead to a failure (since he was combining to dishes the slightest mistake would have destroyed the balance of the final dish)

Soma chose to use Erina exactly because he got that he could have never been able to realize a dish that could being on the same level of the top 2 on his own. That's the whole point.
You are starting acting like those mob characters of SnS who always underestimating Soma's potentials. If you can accept Erina's ridiculous power up, I can't see why you can do the same for Soma. Do you seriously think that Soma will proceed with the Dino Meat if he doesn't have Erina? I am pretty sure that everyone agreed that Erina is stronger than Soma at this point, but to discrediting Soma to the point that he should let Isshiki and Megishima should get the higher seat than him? That is a nonsense.

Also, you should stop rationalized the main character's growth. They get stronger when the plot demands.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 11:47   Link #17476
Knighto
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
It's Saturday and the chapter is still not out. Fuck this shit.
Knighto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 11:53   Link #17477
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: In my House
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knighto View Post
It's Saturday and the chapter is still not out. Fuck this shit.
It's already Sunday over here. It'll probably out later today.

Edit: Translators are probably still dazed and drooling over Rindou's foodgasm.
__________________
FGO JP: 149,376,696 IGN: James Starks

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 11:54   Link #17478
DragonOsman
Dragon King
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ka-el View Post
OMG... it's truly useless. So you think that the day after he used everything he got from the moment he was born to the last shokugeki he had to defeat the former 5th seat, Soma is improved enough to stand against Eishi and/or Rindo on his own?

Come on, there is a limit to power up and even to fan imaginations. Soma could have never created that dish without Erina and he even said it himself that he couldn't before because he didn't have her (that's why he didn't prepare it in his first match against Eishi). He used Erina to do practically everything. He imagined the dish, but Erina practically corrected him all the way through. Everytime she corrected him when he questioned her in his cooking, he was making mistakes that he couldn't see on his own and that would have lead to a failure (since he was combining to dishes the slightest mistake would have destroyed the balance of the final dish)

Soma chose to use Erina exactly because he got that he could have never been able to realize a dish that could being on the same level of the top 2 on his own. That's the whole point.
Exactly.

No one's saying that Souma couldn't think of the idea to make that dish without Erina. They're saying (and I completely agree here) that without her help, he wouldn't have been able to make it as good. I mean come on, Sixth, did you miss the part where he made Erina taste the dish and ask her how it was or if he could make it better at every turn, with her also pointing out mistakes he'd made that he couldn't have spotted on his own (he couldn't have spotted them on his own)?

But that dish represents Souma's specialty so I hope he'll be able to create it or something else that uses the same principles on his own in time.

@Knighto: The chapter itself is out. Just wait for scanlations now.
__________________
DragonOsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 15:12   Link #17479
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
The chapter is out and scanlated and man this was brilliant on so many levels. Even i can't criticize this chapter woo boy what a trip
__________________
Trinity seven social group

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 15:19   Link #17480
MAX_COLA_POWER!
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
The chapter is out and scanlated and man this was brilliant on so many levels. Even i can't criticize this chapter woo boy what a trip
Wow, 2 threads with no critiques? You feeling alright Imperial?^^;;
__________________
She's in your internets, watching you masterdebate.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cooking, echii, food porn, foodgasm, licensed, moe, school, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.