AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old Today, 03:05   Link #4601
Lucidrago

Yet what if Crom's flames could overcome Ddraig's Scorching Flames?
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:26   Link #4602
Lex79

Don't like the idea. I'm fine with Crom being a super badass, but his normal flames overcoming Ddraig final technique is a bit too much for me.
Lex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:21   Link #4603
Lucidrago

Just a thought.
Old Today, 07:12   Link #4604
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Blazor 98: Good analysis. I think you're on to something, or that you at least might be.

It's kind of weird, though; Albion's path is one of supremacy and Ddraig's is one of domination, but in the novels it's also said that "Juggernaut Drive" is written as "Dragon of Supremacy" like how "Breakdown the Beast" is written as "Beast of Supremacy".

@Lucidrago: I agree with Lex. It's better for Crom's flames being unable to overcome Ddraig's Blazing Inferno of Scorching Flames. I just hope Ishibumi also gets this idea.
Old Today, 08:32   Link #4605
Blazor 98

Crom's flames have more raw power but Ddraig's flames are hax.
Blazor 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:55   Link #4606
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Crom apparently surpassed Ddraig and Albion in terms of base stats. He couldn't have gotten so far above them that their special abilities like Boost or Divide can't make a difference at all, though, since he's still Heavenly Dragon-class. As long as it's still the same class, I think Ddraig or Albion can still beat him. Ddraig can use Boost, Gift and Penetrate, and he could even make his regular flames or Blazing Inferno of Scorching Flames more powerful with Boost. If he used it on his own power, he'd go way above Heavenly Dragon-class with enough Boosts and take Crom out. The Two Heavenly Dragons are OP. If Ddraig can manage to hold enough power with Boost, could he reach Dragon God-class I wonder? If he can, no other being aside from Great Red and complete Ophis can beat him. That's scary. If Albion can use Divide on powerful beings whose base stats are high enough above Heavenly Dragon-class, and can hold enough of their power (IIRC, he can add the opponent's power to his own and discard excess power he can't hold through his wings), he too could reach Dragon God-class power if he can handle that. Again, scary.
Old Today, 09:05   Link #4607
Norn
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
I also wonder what's the deal with writing off Rizevim when he's also a Super Devil. I wonder if it's because Sirzechs and Ajuka are even more abnormal than him (actually that's probably it)?

As for the original Lucifer and Lilith being the Adam and Eve of Devils; maybe, maybe not. If all of the original Yondai Maou and Mephisto were already there, then Lucifer and Lilith aren't the Adam and Eve of Devils since they didn't create all Devils -- just most of them.
I guess that it's because of his ability. Sirzechs ability works on just about any type of being, and it has put him on the list of known hax beings. Ajuka's power, can easily be seen as the pinnacle of demonic power. Being able to create and control all kinds of phenomenon is just hax. And both of them can use their powers like they can use the hands and feet.

Another reason is because Rizevim is a pure blood Lucifer. Meaning, he "should" be somewhat of a monster in terms of power. Sirzechs and Ajuka's clans are high class Devils, but not at the pinnacle as, say, Agares and Bael. There's likely the perception that both of these guys were miracles and rose to the occasion, whereas Rizevim was "born into it".

What if Lucifer, Lilith, Mephisto and the Yondai Maou share one common ancestor? Said common ancestor was a mutation, and then gave birth to what later on where the start of Devils.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazor 98 View Post
So I would say that if Ddraig or Albion used their original abilities on Crom Cruach, he would DEFINITELY be screwed. Because Crom isn't a manifestation of something "unquantifiable" or "intangible", he is just a Dragon who clawed his way to Heavenly Dragon-Class with just Basic Dragon Abilities: his Body, his Fire Breath, and his Dragon Aura
Didn't Crom Cruach represent Chaos?
Norn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:07   Link #4608
Blazor 98

Quote:
Crom apparently surpassed Ddraig and Albion in terms of base stats. He couldn't have gotten so far above them that their special abilities like Boost or Divide can't make a difference at all, though, since he's still Heavenly Dragon-class. As long as it's still the same class, I think Ddraig or Albion can still beat him. Ddraig can use Boost, Gift and Penetrate, and he could even make his regular flames or Blazing Inferno of Scorching Flames more powerful with Boost. If he used it on his own power, he'd go way above Heavenly Dragon-class with enough Boosts and take Crom out. The Two Heavenly Dragons are OP. If Ddraig can manage to hold enough power with Boost, could he reach Dragon God-class I wonder? If he can, no other being aside from Great Red and complete Ophis can beat him. That's scary. If Albion can use Divide on powerful beings whose base stats are high enough above Heavenly Dragon-class, and can hold enough of their power (IIRC, he can add the opponent's power to his own and discard excess power he can't hold through his wings), he too could reach Dragon God-class power if he can handle that. Again, scary.
Ddraig's and Albion's abilities has pretty has but not enough to put them at Dragon God-class. Not even close but it does give them the means for them to possibly beat Crom Cruach with their original finishers. Vali didn't use "Divide" on Crom Cruach because he can't use it on god-class fighters since he has a limit to how much power he can sustain given his base stats.
Old Today, 09:50   Link #4609
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Vali can't use Divide on those equal to or above him. But there's a chance that Albion doesn't have that limitation.

Do you remember what Ddraig said to Ise in the match against Team Jest of the Kings? After he defeated Typhon and was disappearing, he said something like, "I told you, didn't I, Partner? There's no one more powerful than me and Albion". Maybe Ddraig really wasn't bluffing. It's quite possible that if they get truly serious, no one aside from Great Red and complete Ophis can beat them. That's what it means to be one of the Two Heavenly Dragons.
Old Today, 10:41   Link #4610
Blazor 98

Quote:
Vali can't use Divide on those equal to or above him. But there's a chance that Albion doesn't have that limitation.

Do you remember what Ddraig said to Ise in the match against Team Jest of the Kings? After he defeated Typhon and was disappearing, he said something like, "I told you, didn't I, Partner? There's no one more powerful than me and Albion". Maybe Ddraig really wasn't bluffing. It's quite possible that if they get truly serious, no one aside from Great Red and complete Ophis can beat them. That's what it means to be one of the Two Heavenly Dragons.
Well we really don't about that. Ddraig might just be exaggerating. You have to take Shiva into account.

@Norn Chaos?
Old Today, 10:54   Link #4611
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norn View Post
I guess that it's because of his ability. Sirzechs ability works on just about any type of being, and it has put him on the list of known hax beings. Ajuka's power, can easily be seen as the pinnacle of demonic power. Being able to create and control all kinds of phenomenon is just hax. And both of them can use their powers like they can use the hands and feet.

Another reason is because Rizevim is a pure blood Lucifer. Meaning, he "should" be somewhat of a monster in terms of power. Sirzechs and Ajuka's clans are high class Devils, but not at the pinnacle as, say, Agares and Bael. There's likely the perception that both of these guys were miracles and rose to the occasion, whereas Rizevim was "born into it".

What if Lucifer, Lilith, Mephisto and the Yondai Maou share one common ancestor? Said common ancestor was a mutation, and then gave birth to what later on where the start of Devils.

Didn't Crom Cruach represent Chaos?
Well Sirzechs' mother is from the House of Bael and he inherited their power. Plus I doubt that Zekram or the first generation-Agares were Maou-class. They really are just ranked the highest.

Compared to Lucifer, who was Maou-class and Lilith who was the mother of the devils. Lilith's power was used to create all of those powerful devils. So the natural child between those two having the power of a Super Devil would be seen as normal probably.
Old Today, 11:46   Link #4612
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Blazor: I don't think Ddraig would exaggerate when he's supposed to be one of the voices of DxD. I think it's okay to take his word for it (at least for now?).
Old Today, 12:12   Link #4613
Norn
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
Well Sirzechs' mother is from the House of Bael and he inherited their power. Plus I doubt that Zekram or the first generation-Agares were Maou-class. They really are just ranked the highest.

Compared to Lucifer, who was Maou-class and Lilith who was the mother of the devils. Lilith's power was used to create all of those powerful devils. So the natural child between those two having the power of a Super Devil would be seen as normal probably.
If anything, this only give more credence to my point. See, like I said, Gremory weren't all that highly rated in comparison to Bael. Sirzechs having the PoD was entirely unexpected. Especially the Bael were blindsided by this. And to top it off, Sirzechs not only inherited that trait, his is so potent that it surpasses several members of the Bael.
Norn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:16   Link #4614
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Sirzechs is very abnormal in that he seems to have inherited so much of the Power of Destruction that it made him mutate, and he also has abnormally high Demonic Power for a Devil. One can even call him an abomination. And Ajuka apparently also has Demonic Power equal to his, although he didn't mutate.
Old Today, 12:27   Link #4615
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norn View Post
If anything, this only give more credence to my point. See, like I said, Gremory weren't all that highly rated in comparison to Bael. Sirzechs having the PoD was entirely unexpected. Especially the Bael were blindsided by this. And to top it off, Sirzechs not only inherited that trait, his is so potent that it surpasses several members of the Bael.
Surpasses several? More like surpasses all of them.

If a Bael became a Super Devil, it would be looked at as strange as well. As Bael and Agares aren't anything compared to the original Yondai-Maou.