Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Maybe fake scan?

But nah, you can see the page was ripped in anger
Must've been Yoshino's fan
He infiltrated the magazine's storeroom, took 1 copy and read it
Overcame with anger, ripped the page and then scan uploaded it to share his anger with us
Well, it wouldn’t be hard to photoshop the page rip in a scan. But no, I don’t think it’s a fake scan; the art is too good and accurate. I just think it may be somebody taking the scan out of context to fool everyone.

But is it bad that I honestly believe somebody might actually do that storeroom break-in thing.......?

EDIT: *reads wuguhm’s newest post* Oh, maybe not that out-of-context after all.
And ninja’d-ish.
Old 2018-06-23, 16:31   Link #1142
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I did pretty much say Aki was the author’s intended girl way back when.
But if you’re talking about the story stuff and not specifically which girl would win, I apologize.
I was talking about the direction of the story in general. When the author was developing Aki alone, fine. Everything was all fine and dandy, but when you introduce a Yoshino sub-plot and make it seem like "okay, we're switching gears from Aki to Yoshino and this is the final stretch" but then pull the rug from out under us and hit a bait n' switch. That's where the dissatisfaction comes in. Author tried their damned hardest to make us think that Yoshino was endgame and most had accepted that, but then this happens...

Mind you, I was always a Yoshino shipper, but deep down I always knew Aki would've won... That was until this Yoshino sub-plot actually gave me a sliver of hope that Yoshino just might win this... only to get trolled in such magnificent fashion.

So again, to reiterate: I'm not mad that Aki won, I'm mad about the means used to achieve said result.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-23, 16:34   Link #1143
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK-95- View Post
So again, to reiterate: I'm not mad that Aki won, I'm mad about the means used to achieve said result.
On that I have no disagreements. I’ve been down that road myself before......
Old 2018-06-23, 16:36   Link #1144
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Too much rage in my heart. I thought we entering a golden age of non-main heroine endings. Just fuck my shit up man, the way he just pulled a fast one on us, it reminds me way too much of Tsuki Tsuki.
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-23, 16:39   Link #1145
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^The maid there was best too

Main heroine is always on higher level than other heroines, at this point you can call it destiny
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-23, 16:42   Link #1146
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

That’s why I always go in expecting a main girl ending. I disagree that the main girl ending is ridiculous or that there aren’t enough non-main girl endings, but the main girl ending is indeed more mainstream. But the whole point of having a main girl is for that girl to be the main, after all; just like the author makes an MC so the story focuses mainly on him/her, not on other characters.

And while there was a bit of bait-and-switch, there’s no point (usually) in a love triangle, or harem, if it’s obvious one girl is going to win. Just look at Macross Delta.
Old 2018-06-23, 16:45   Link #1147
BladeMancer

Quote:
^The maid there was best too

Main heroine is always on higher level than other heroines, at this point you can call it destiny
At this point I'm more frustrated at myself for not expecting anything other then a main heroine end
I dropped this series and had the gall to pick it back up again because I believed in hope. Fuck me right? Everyday, I get closer and closer to agreeing with Kakine Teitoku
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
Old 2018-06-23, 16:47   Link #1148
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^I feel you bro

^^Macross Delta is a fail Macross
Easily worst triangle ever
Mirage had no chance

But Macross, and Naruto etc, are not pure romance stories, so romantic resolution is secondary
But Masamune's Revenge is pure romantic, if the main theme (romance) is predictable, then it failed as one
It could succeed if it did single heroine style from the start, no need for Neko or Yoshino to become heroines

Do it like that masterpiece Kore wa Koi no Hanashi, single heroine, best main heroine ever~
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-23, 16:50   Link #1149
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeMancer View Post
Everyday, I get closer and closer to agreeing with Kakine Teitoku
About bitches and whores?
Old 2018-06-23, 16:54   Link #1150
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
^I feel you bro

^^Macross Delta is a fail Macross
Easily worst triangle ever
Mirage had no chance

But Macross, and Naruto etc, are not pure romance stories, so romantic resolution is secondary
But Masamune's Revenge is pure romantic, if the main theme (romance) is predictable, then it failed as one
It could succeed if it did single heroine style from the start, no need for Neko or Yoshino to become heroines

Do it like that masterpiece Kore wa Koi no Hanashi, single heroine, best main heroine ever~
Macross may not be only romance, but the romance is most definitely always front and center.
But the romance actually wasn’t predictable here; if everybody knew it would be an Aki ending, nobody would have been thinking Yoshino won until the last chapter.
And the end result is irrelevant to judging predictability. Everybody can call the score when the game is over.
But that said, like I stated it is safer to go in expecting a main girl end. Not that there aren’t enough non-main girl endings as I also said, though.
Old 2018-06-23, 17:02   Link #1151
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Honestly though this side relationship with master wasn't a waste of time.

1. Yoshino got to clear her conscience and remove the idea that she must sacrifice for aki.

2. Aki could go into the relationship without feeling like she's chosen out of pity or regret or clinging to the past.

3. Masamune got his revenge and cleared his need to cling to the past.

Could it have been done better? yea... about as much as bleaches ending could have been done better but we got what we got.

Is master still best girl? of freaking course how could anyone doubt that?

Well the only salt i've got is the Aki fan tears i've been lapping up over the last couple of months and i aint giving it back. just gonna laugh and enjoy the ending.

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-23, 17:06   Link #1152
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

I like that idea.
Old 2018-06-23, 17:11   Link #1153
BladeMancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
About bitches and whores?
That, and hardwork and hope.
Old 2018-06-23, 17:15   Link #1154
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
That, and hardwork and hope.
oh i thought you were becoming a lolicon insect or something

Old 2018-06-23, 17:17   Link #1155
BladeMancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
oh i thought you were becoming a lolicon insect or something
Being on the losing side everytime makes me feel closer and closer to an insect more then anything. Especially ruse endings like this
Old 2018-06-23, 17:19   Link #1156
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Being on the losing side everytime makes me feel closer and closer to an insect more then anything. Especially ruse endings like this
I know the feeling just look at my avatar and sig. things just aren't playing out the way i want them to lately.

ever since Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa i've been on a losing streak.

Old 2018-06-23, 17:21   Link #1157
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
Honestly though this side relationship with master wasn't a waste of time.

1. Yoshino got to clear her conscience and remove the idea that she must sacrifice for aki.

2. Aki could go into the relationship without feeling like she's chosen out of pity or regret or clinging to the past.

3. Masamune got his revenge and cleared his need to cling to the past.

Could it have been done better? yea... about as much as bleaches ending could have been done better but we got what we got.

Is master still best girl? of freaking course how could anyone doubt that?

Well the only salt i've got is the Aki fan tears i've been lapping up over the last couple of months and i aint giving it back. just gonna laugh and enjoy the ending.
When you put it like that, it does sound a hell of a lot better, but it still doesn't excuse that abomination of a last chapter imo.

Pretty sure all the salt accumulated from Aki fan tears isn't even a fraction of the salt produced by every single Yoshino fan that got trolled.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-23, 17:25   Link #1158
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
When you put it like that, it does sound a hell of a lot better, but it still doesn't excuse that abomination of a last chapter imo.

Pretty sure all the salt accumulated from Aki fan tears isn't even a fraction of the salt produced by every single Yoshino fan that got trolled.
dunno i'm a yoshino fan but i didn't necessarily need her to win. I was a bit disappointed things turned out this way cause it feels a little trollish but it's not really gonna ruin my day. If masamune doesn't want her then she can just be one of my many unchosen waifus. Though i do think the rage of some will surpass me by quite a bit.

In the end i think the same thing could have been accomplished in a better way if this is the ending the author had in mind is all.

Old 2018-06-23, 19:56   Link #1159
iCK

Quote:
Aaah ahhh

Scratch that

It's definitely real

Here's another page

Spoiler:

I told you that trope is freaking strong
This guy called himself the prophet...

LOL

Quote:
^Delusional people is delusional

He is allergic to Neko too, bakayarou
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-23, 20:29   Link #1160
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:

Mind you, I was always a Yoshino shipper, but deep down I always knew Aki would've won... That was until this Yoshino sub-plot actually gave me a sliver of hope that Yoshino just might win this... only to get trolled in such magnificent fashion.
I think all of us knew the endgame of this manga but was hoping it would break the trope. Author trolled his readers hard in giving a possible Yoshino ending and then going back to Aki one chapter afterwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCK View Post
This guy called himself the prophet...

LOL
I think your problem is you took his words seriously.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bait and switch, harem, romance, tsundere, white knight protagonist