AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2013-07-21, 17:45   Link #81
Flere821
Lurker

New manga has pretty good art. Silica reminds me of Ilya from the Prisma manga though, not that it's a bad thing
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 19:50   Link #82
Divini
Senpai!

Loving the art in Girls Ops. Makes the already cute girls even cuter.
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 09:49   Link #83
l.kostas

They are preparing the first tankoubon of the Progressive, release date February 2014. The first volume will include a figure of Asuna wearing a suimsuit
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview....=NEOBK-1548990

The second chapter of the Progressive manga follows the novel version, Kirito's POV. The first panel is Kirito irl watching a shooting star.
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 15:27   Link #84
LKK

Yen Press has licensed the manga. [Source]

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 02:02   Link #85
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

After reading the first bits of the Progressive manga, I find that Asuna keeps changing;

In the LN, she kept fighting in the beginning out of resignation to her eventual end, so I was mildly taken aback to see her mother show up in the first chapter, exploring her feelings. Not that its particularly wrong, but I for one would think that her character isn't entirely consistent across the platforms.

Not that it reduces the quality of the Progressive storyline. For the lack of a better word: Asuna becomes more human, so to say, in the manga. She gains a genuine reason for her near-insane drive to fight in the early days of the game, and that is a lot more balanced that the stereotypical 'strong but weak inside' Asuna that I've been reading (and do not enjoy throughly).

But a serious complaint now:
Spoiler for Rant:
Tusjecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 23:50   Link #86
hamazura
whatever

somehow its better than anime and novel.... ah its just the prologue, its yet to reach romance overdose section so of course its still very good
Old 2013-09-01, 00:51   Link #87
reekilynn

We should regard the Progressive manga as a third-party re-creation of the whole SAOP story, based on the differences between manga and novel.
Addition: I prefer the 4-coma version (excluding the anthologies), it is more interesting (just like the accel world 4-coma).
reekilynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 01:02   Link #88
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Ahh, the 4koma. Pure gold.
Tusjecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 10:07   Link #89
GDB

I'm thinking something was wrong with the scanlation of chapter 2 of Progressive, but are they still on the first floor or not? At one point Asuna says they've already beaten one floor, and Kirito says they should move on to the second floor before anyone else. Yet, Kirito is asking for her map data, despite still being on the first floor? And at the end Asuna says her goal is to beat the first boss? So I take it it was supposed to say they "haven't even beaten one floor" when she said "only beaten one floor", and all the talk about going to the second floor was prepping rather than actual movement?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 09:40   Link #90
Auna

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
^ I am aware . I found it yesterday.
Broooo !!! can u PM me The LINK !?? PLSSSSS
Auna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 13:54   Link #91
Divini
Senpai!

Girls Ops ch2 out by Tap.

Well, I certainly didn't expect that. I'm actually guessing Kuro is a NPC created from a dead spirit from SAO. (Sachi?)
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 06:47   Link #92
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Kirito was cute in his GGO form.... but having a lookalike of him who's actually female is doing strange things to me...

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 11:52   Link #93
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

What the? That's not Kirito! That's some girl who looks like him.
Old 2013-10-02, 07:21   Link #94
GDB

Liking the Girls Op manga. Liz is a good straight-man, and Silica and Leafa's reactions and expressions are great fun. Not sure what to make of Kuro yet, but at least I'm glad that her dual wielding is purely cosmetic and they didn't give her the actual skill.
Old 2013-10-02, 08:54   Link #95
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Liking the Girls Op manga. Liz is a good straight-man, and Silica and Leafa's reactions and expressions are great fun. Not sure what to make of Kuro yet, but at least I'm glad that her dual wielding is purely cosmetic and they didn't give her the actual skill.
But... no one in Alfheim has the actual skill.
Kirito's the same, using sword skills for a single hand, in turn, between the two swords.
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 03:45   Link #96
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageth View Post
But... no one in Alfheim has the actual skill.
Kirito's the same, using sword skills for a single hand, in turn, between the two swords.
Kirito's dual-wielding is "true" in the sense that he uses both swords for offense and defense in sync. Kuro's sword style is more like using the other sword as a shield to block and parry.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 10:53   Link #97
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Didn't think I would look forward to something SAO related again, but Girls Ops is shaping out to be quite an entertaining experience. Really like how relevant and sly Silica is this time around, hell, she's pretty much the MC, setting things in motion and all, and that last page in chapter 2 was awesome. Really, what a shrewd move, Silica-chan.

P.S: Sugu's innocence just shines through her expressions, and I love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Kirito's dual-wielding is "true" in the sense that he uses both swords for offense and defense in sync. Kuro's sword style is more like using the other sword as a shield to block and parry.
Which, if memory serves right, is how dual wielding is supposed to work, right? One sword (usually a short one) to deflect attacks, the other to slash and cut.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 11:11   Link #98
GDB

New chapter is out. Looks like it'd be REALLY hard to support any previous theories about Kuro being Sachi, given the information about the person Kuro lost in this chapter.
Old 2013-11-15, 21:19   Link #99
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

North America Aincrad Manga is being released in March, on the 25th. It seems It'll include both Volume 1 and 2.
The Fairy Dance Manga will be out June 24th. Seems it'll be devied into Volumes.

http://www.hachettebookgroup.com/tit...9780316371230/
http://www.hachettebookgroup.com/tit...9780316407380/
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 19:18   Link #100
Knightrunner

Wow, Progressive 3 and 4 was interesting with the bath scene added The way the first boss was handled seems a bit more dramatic too.