AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2004-03-23, 12:36   Link #1
DarkNtity

One Piece Discussion [Spoilers]

I welcome one and welcome all to the One Piece discussion thread, which I've seemed to hijack from wnkryo. Indefinitely. Sorry bud.

This is solely an anime discussion thread. Starting from Episode 87 and currently ending at Episode 120.

To discuss what's new, check the last page.

Have fun and leave your manga spoilers out of here.

Last edited by DarkNtity; 2004-11-30 at 13:18.
DarkNtity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-23, 14:16   Link #2
Avi
HeNta| ArmY WinG-Comman.

Send a message via MSN to Avi Send a message via Yahoo to Avi
These were pretty awesome eps... Choppers Rumble Ball is awesome... i loathe Wapol still, Cant wait for next ep
Avi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-23, 17:00   Link #3
Dual247

Thumbs up

great eps indeed like always. good to see we are being treated with multiple servings of OP. hopes that outpour by KF continues. One can only hope that do what AO did with Prince of Tennis a week or two ago or maybe even better than that.

as for the eps, they were great. the unleashing of Chopper's Rumble Ball transformation are a delight. you gotta give props to Luffy with that intense attitude towards the flag. awesomely done. and its always a joy to see Chopper's bashful criticism. only thing i don't care for all that much was the reused materials of Chopper's past with Hililuk again. maybe it was necessary to bring out the emotion of the moment. still, reused flashbacks are not my fav.

great outing by KF, looking forward to the next ep soon. but i wonder what and when Chopper's 8th transformation will appear. you know its inevitable. everyone tends to learn new moves as the show and manga progresses.
Dual247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-23, 17:07   Link #4
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Thanks K-F for releasing two episodes! From the looks of it luffy doesn't need to get serious at all to beat Wapol, hes just gonna beat him down. The funniest part between the two episodes has to be in episode 88 when Ussop is pushed away by Zoro after Zoro took Dalton over his shoulder. I also love Sanjis line in episode 87 when he blocks the afro from hitting Doctorine.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-23, 18:14   Link #5
wnkryo
HainShodan

Damn you -.- .... ()

I'm still downloading it right now (like always), and will discuss it shortly.
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-23, 19:10   Link #6
OFFSPRiNGCo16
Godlike

Send a message via ICQ to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via AIM to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via MSN to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via Yahoo to OFFSPRiNGCo16
Great eps. I enjoyed them very much. K-F is amazing. MORE EPS!
OFFSPRiNGCo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-23, 19:19   Link #7
Sethi
StormRider

Chopper RULES, the little guy can deliver some power alright, also when he was dodging those axes it was excellent the way he dodged them by changing shapes, and Luffy seems to get more stupid by each passing episode.
Sethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-23, 21:34   Link #8
Dual247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethi
Luffy seems to get more stupid by each passing episode.
Yeah, it does seem that way, but some of the stuff that he said are funny as hell. "it a beam, beam!" cracks me up
Dual247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-23, 22:24   Link #9
Icer

Good pair of episodes, I'm glad we got a 2 for 1. Hopefully we see more of those.
Icer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 01:16   Link #10
dythim
dythim

Something I really enjoyed was the scene where Dalton is about to go up the mountain, and then all of a sudden Usopp is in front of him. The whole scene stops while you try to figure out what he's going to do.
His character doesn't get alot of cool scenes like that.
dythim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 04:03   Link #11
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Hmmm I didn't enjoy 87 too much ... the Chopper flash backs dragged on again. I think 87 and 88 should have been compressed into 1 episode or 1.5. Chopper is cute and all ... but I'm really not liking this Drum Kingdom miniarc. None of the enemies are even remotely cool and the story is going waaay toooo slooow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dythim
Something I really enjoyed was the scene where Dalton is about to go up the mountain, and then all of a sudden Usopp is in front of him. The whole scene stops while you try to figure out what he's going to do.
His character doesn't get alot of cool scenes like that.
I thought that was really funny too :P, he was crawling practically.
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 11:40   Link #12
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
These episodes were really cool.
Wapol is very funny lol He just gets his ass kicked Lol, Luffy astonished when Chessmarimo appeared was really funny too (Sanji just goes: "HE'S JUST STANDING ON HIS SHOULDER! THAT AIN'T COOL!").

Can't wait for next episode, maybe just 2 more eps to the end of the Drum Empire arc...? I want to see Mr.2 already
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 14:19   Link #13
Jn183

The Drum Arc is the best. What u talking about Lex-san. This arc introduce... erm..that guy who has narcolepsy. Anyway, I got to agree with Lex-san about the villians in this arc being quite uninteresting. Wapol's power is really stupid to me.
Jn183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 15:15   Link #14
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Finally got around to watching these two.

Chopper is so damned cute His little moment at the end of ep 88 when Luffy calls him his nakama was real sweet. Some quality moments from Sanji/Luffy too, and Nami too ('My coat is cooler!').
GreyArea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 15:45   Link #15
annalady
Banned

Re :

Arf... way too long
Nothing happens in ep 87, and there's barely action in 88
No wonder the serie is 150 long, so much useless scenes (damn f***ing flashbacks)
Reminds me dbz episodes, when the fighters were staring at each other during the whole 20 minutes without doing anything
annalady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 18:23   Link #16
wnkryo
HainShodan

Just finished seeing the new subed episodes. We finnaly get to see some action! But you know, the fight with wapol would of ended in 2 minutes if the whole straw hat pirate crew was there. Zoro could of handled every single last one of them by him self >.>
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 19:23   Link #17
HopelessLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by annalady
Arf... way too long
Nothing happens in ep 87, and there's barely action in 88
No wonder the serie is 150 long, so much useless scenes (damn f***ing flashbacks)
Reminds me dbz episodes, when the fighters were staring at each other during the whole 20 minutes without doing anything
Episode 87 was a very touching flashing back, and not only that but this series has very little flash backs at all, so fitting one in from time to time is just fine.
HopelessLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 22:11   Link #18
Sethi
StormRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkryo
Just finished seeing the new subed episodes. We finnaly get to see some action! But you know, the fight with wapol would of ended in 2 minutes if the whole straw hat pirate crew was there. Zoro could of handled every single last one of them by him self >.>
Luffy could do that as well but he was staring at Chopper 7 transformation and his Beam(Baka Luffy), anyway they had to introduce Chopper abilities right so what better way to do so than to let him beat up some idiots
Sethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 22:51   Link #19
from_the_sand
gomu gomu

Send a message via AIM to from_the_sand
"HES GONNA SHOOT A BEAM!!!!!!"

i love also "hes still here, but the big hippo flew away!"
from_the_sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-26, 00:32   Link #20
Pendragon2879
The Incarnation of Chaos

Send a message via AIM to Pendragon2879
The flashbacks are starting to seem redundant. They are stretching them out just a little too long and showing nothing. But I see the reason for it all. They had to have Chopper's fight seperate from everyone else, because he would have overshadowed within 1 maybe 2 moves done by any of our main characters. Now that it is over, I am hoping Zoro gets there and someone who is actually strong shows up. I would rather have Luffy fight Capt. Kuro again than watch him slap a hungry guy wrapped in steel. In all things considered, I think Capt. Kuro might be able to take Zoro, and Sanji.
Pendragon2879 is offline   Reply With Quote