AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-02-21, 19:26   Link #21
Squall69b
SKay - Tamah0me

RehXephon Movie?

Anyone know if the movie is licensed?
And if yes....when's th release date for the DVD?
Or is it out already?
Squall69b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-21, 20:02   Link #22
Ranko
Mech Engineer

Send a message via ICQ to Ranko Send a message via AIM to Ranko
Yes ADV picked it up awile back

and no i don't know when it's comming out
Ranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-21, 21:39   Link #23
oDin01

ADV licenced this last yet but as of yet hasn't announced any release date for the movie.

I own the R2's for the RahXephon Movie good stuff I'm hoping ADV can translate the extras on the 2-disc set.
oDin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-21, 22:50   Link #24
Silver_Scorcher

Well considering that the last volume of RahXephon came out in December I'd say, in order to build up the hype and the tension, ADV will probably release the movie in the fall at the earliest. Just a guess though. I hope it comes out earlier but I doubt it.
Silver_Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-22, 01:47   Link #25
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

I watched it in Japan with my cousin and it answered a lot of questions that the series did not cover. It's pretty good so I hope ADV releases it soon so I can get it.
________
Portable Vaporizers

Last edited by AnimeOni; 2011-03-05 at 11:01.
AnimeOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-22, 02:09   Link #26
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

More on the Aztec religion and how it relates to RahXephon.

The basis of the Aztec religion is based upon the world being created and demolished by the gods. It has happened four times and this is the fifth time.

The human sacrifices (aka Orin), which were the focal point of many religious rituals, symbolised the continual effort of the Aztec people to repay this blood debt to the gods. Hense the emphasis on the "blue" blood. Blood sacrafice is the ultimate way to honor their gods.

Temples. The Aztec religion focuses on creating temples for their gods. There's quite a lot of Aztec imagery thorughout the entire show.

The gods control human destiny. You will hear throughout the show about destiny and that you cannot go against it. Ayoto's mother keeps on saying that it is futile to resist what has been planned out. Remember when Ayoto left, she was not concerned and said he will return. Destiny.

Creationism. A diety of combined male and female into one being to create a new world. They new "diety" will create the world anew. Same theme as Evangelion with Ikari and Rei. The male (Ayoto) is also an "inpersonator" which houses the actual diety (aka Orin). Ayoto, before the awakening, is confused why Kuon keeps on referring to Ayoto as Orin.

Rain. You will see throughout RahXephon the "rain." It signafies renewal and fertility. Asahina and her one-way love of Ayoto.

Emphasis on time. Time is very important to the storyline. 52 years, the world is anewed. If I remembered right, Ayoto's mom is approaching the 52 years in the "real time" not Tokyo Jupiter time.

There are a few more but I think I have covered the basis. I am not an expert about Aztec religion but I think I got most of it right. Please correct me if I am wrong.
________
Prince Engine

Last edited by AnimeOni; 2011-03-05 at 11:01.
AnimeOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-22, 14:30   Link #27
ketchupsoup

Send a message via AIM to ketchupsoup Send a message via Yahoo to ketchupsoup
Wow. Thanks for the replys. They have been very helpful, and very interesting.
ketchupsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-29, 15:12   Link #28
roguenoir
Rogue Member

I doubt it'll happen but I hope they'll show this in the theatres like they did for Cowboy Bebop.. however, this would also mean spoiling the show for many, but most of the population probably won't bother to watch anime except for an occasional movie that makes it out to the threatres.
roguenoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-01, 09:05   Link #29
Mugen
Tha slick

Send a message via MSN to Mugen
Ive downloaded the whole series and the movie. Ive watched a few episodes but never really been arsed to watch the whole series for a few reasons. I skimmed/watched the movie because it had no subs and im no good at japanese. I have to say the visuals are very lush, theres some very nice action and also theres some story to it. Its an actual anime movie thats worth buying (when it comes out)
Mugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-03, 19:02   Link #30
Dark Zero

Send a message via AIM to Dark Zero
I too am waiting for the movie's release, since I just watched the series completely on dvd, and the movie will just be another 'fix', just need more rahxephon ^_^

Which brings me to a question, I was going to create a thread for this, but I might not have to. In the region1 dvds, disc 3, the 'early production promo' has a great song. Its much easier relying on the promo then telling which episodes had this track. But, does anyone know what the song title and artist is?
Dark Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 21:23   Link #31
SoulDrinker
wandering soul

Send a message via MSN to SoulDrinker
Rahxephon [spoilers]

2 things

1)i just finshed rahxephon and liked it. i hear that others call the anime what eva should have been and ive noticed a few things

*spoiler*
the rei like character, misoto and gendo also. how ayato dosent want to pliot the rahxephon at first, how useless the humans are until they use their enemies tech against them and the becoming gods at the end

2) theirs are also a rahxephon movie and i want to kno where to get it
SoulDrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-19, 00:42   Link #32
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
umm you want to get the movie ..well you CAN buy it,
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 02:27   Link #33
LIQUIDCELL

RahXephon Discussion (SPOILER)

I haven't seen all the episode but I would like to know the esence of the last episode.

Ayato pretty much killed both his allies and foes, and the rest finished off each other. After all the havoc, everything went back to normal and no more alien?!
But then Ayato and Reika reunited and I'm lost!

Could someone fluent with this particular anime kindly explain what really happened in the end.

Mamoro and Hiroko got married and had a daughter named afer Quon... Does this made Ayato and Haruka Mishima their ancestor? heheh

Sorry, please someone? heh

Thnx!
-Kirsten
LIQUIDCELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 13:49   Link #34
Arwyn

The end of RaXepheon is a little twisted, but not as bad as NGE. Basically it breaks down like so;

Spoiler:
Arwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 14:03   Link #35
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Hmm... I think it's like

Spoiler:
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 16:56   Link #36
LIQUIDCELL

1. The Class Reunion Info --- Mamoro and Hiroko Torigai (Haruka Shiras*sp)
2. The Tokyo Tower miniature on the bookshelf
3. Quon reincarnated?
4. The finnished painting of Mamoro
5. Ayato and Mishima Haruka's (instead of Reika Mishima?) first acquiantance

It looks like two existing realities to me? But then again the themes were about time shifting and Mu's invasion. So maybe when RahXephon's tuned in the final anthem, everything was resumed --- where Mu's invasion never occured, and therefore, no RahXephon.
However, their names got all messed up besides Ayato.... and then we see the painting of RahXephon's skeletal remains---which in turn contradict its existence...

I still don't get it.
Old 2004-07-11, 17:12   Link #37
FlyByNite

Ok now from the anime series... I thought the ending was that Ayato was able to 'tune the world' and create the reality he wanted. He chose to create one where him and Haruka were always together so they grow up together, get married and had a child named Quon who looks like Quon.

Now from the RahXephon movie which was basically just re-using animation from the show with a different ending
Spoiler:
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 17:35   Link #38
LIQUIDCELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
Ok now from the anime series... I thought the ending was that Ayato was able to 'tune the world' and create the reality he wanted. He chose to create one where him and Haruka were always together so they grow up together, get married and had a child named Quon who looks like Quon.
Yeah, but then we see the Class Reunion Information for Mamoro and Hiroko Torigai (Haruka lookalike) . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlybyNite
It tells you that Ayato had to become the one who tunes the world and keeps time moving forward. He can't have a happy ending with Haruka so what happens is he makes it so that the life he and Haruka could have had together, those memories of a life together are given to Haruka. So they experienced the life together through that.
Don't you mean Mamoro the Doctor? Then it applies to the anime, since we see that the Doctor=Mamoro/Haruka's lookalike husband had painted the girl (Reika)
---means he had Ayato's memories?

But then we see Reika/Haruka Mishima and Ayato's scene = Ending phrase, "And that is how the two met."

*sigh*
Old 2004-07-11, 19:52   Link #39
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Let's make this one clear first

Reika Mishima = the name given to Ixtli by Ayato accidentally, which is actually a mistake. she's not a human.

Haruka Mishima = the girl Ayato met when he was 14, who later becomes Haruka Shitou.

Quote:
5. Ayato and Mishima Haruka's (instead of Reika Mishima?) first acquiantance
I think this is actually a flashback to what happened when Ayato and Haruka were 14, in both versions of reality (ie. the old and the new world), which is not a part of the ending.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 20:23   Link #40
LIQUIDCELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Let's make this one clear first

Reika Mishima = the name given to Ixtli by Ayato accidentally, which is actually a mistake. she's not a human.

Haruka Mishima = the girl Ayato met when he was 14, who later becomes Haruka Shitou.
OIC--- got it... Thnx! Heh *blushes*

~Kirsten

Tags
mecha