AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2012-07-07, 16:12   Link #321
Joly
モエカステル

I just finished the trial chapter. With all the information coming out, I was worried I wouldn't like it because it wasn't horror/mystery like Ryukishi07's previous works... and those are the types of stories that I'm usually drawn to. But after finishing the trial, I found myself really enjoying the story and the characters. Music is great too. I'm looking forward to more of RGD!
Joly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 16:48   Link #322
Toony

That was an awesome trailer game. Shall We Dance?
Toony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 19:13   Link #323
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomAvatarFan View Post
Well, it seems that he's going for the more "traditional" way of Visual Novels. This means more that it's only one game to begin with, with you choosing the path to take, instead of the When They Cry series where each "path" was a different game in itself.

i.e. only one big game is being released.
Well, this is Season 1, so I expect there'll at least be a Season 2. It'd probably be a continuation of the story, though.
Old 2012-07-07, 22:34   Link #324
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Is there any manual patch for the translation? For some reasons the installer fails me whenever I tried to select the original demo .exe file

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 02:16   Link #325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Is there any manual patch for the translation? For some reasons the installer fails me whenever I tried to select the original demo .exe file
I would very much like to find out the cause of this problem. What error do you get when you try to point the installer at your demo .exe? What is the filesize of your demo .exe? What is your operating system?

For a workaround, you can let the exe self-extract somewhere, and then let the installer install the patch to the same directory.
Message is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 02:31   Link #326
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

The exe file for the demo is : 458,445 kb
Operating system : 7..though because of a virus I've lost many system files in the process.
The error message : Download verification failed: Cannot open archive.

I did try to install the game first and it works perfectly. But then I couldn't install the patch because of that error message... Is it possible to use the patch installer after extracting the game? I guess I'll try that.

edit+
It works

Old 2012-07-08, 10:11   Link #327

Quote:
The exe file for the demo is : 458,445 kb
Operating system : 7..though because of a virus I've lost many system files in the process.
The error message : Download verification failed: Cannot open archive.
When you get that error, the file was probably not downloaded correctly. But if you can extract it properly, there may be something else going on. Could you please supply the filesize in exact bytes? In kilobytes it doesn't give much information.
Old 2012-07-08, 10:21   Link #328
Ander

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBTAx View Post
AmiAmi can be pretty weird about this kind of thing; they generally include something about it in the item's name, but they don't always do it (or add it later). Though if it's something every shop is doing and it's not a thing where there's a separate version with the bonus that costs extra (and there isn't in this case it seems), I'd say you can just assume it'll have it.
It's weird, because last December there were 2 pre-orders on Amiami: Ougon Cross + Higanbana 2 + Umineko Hane + Our Confession and Ogon Cross :/
Ander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 10:42   Link #329
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Sure :
Size = 447 MB (469,450,752 bytes)

Old 2012-07-08, 10:47   Link #330
st_nick5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ander View Post
It's weird, because last December there were 2 pre-orders on Amiami: Ougon Cross + Higanbana 2 + Umineko Hane + Our Confession and Ogon Cross :/
Different pre-orders for people who want to spend less/already have the other items in the pack.
st_nick5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 11:52   Link #331
chronotrig

Ryuukishi made a post on his production diary after getting some user input.

In the full release, he's thinking about tweaking the minigame system, so that if you're only on level 1 (i.e. you haven't reached a certain score yet), the minigame will continue to advance, even if you fail each round. That way, if you've got a computer or a touchpad that makes winning the game impossible, you can still advance through the story.

Also, if anyone's been wondering how to save your game, you can only do that at a few "break points" in the story. Ryuukishi's planning to add a short explanation for these break points in the full game tutorial, and also to include more of them throughout the game.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 14:24   Link #332
Bern-san

I played using windows xp with parallels on mac (couldn't find the mac version of the patch, it hasn't been uploaded?) and although it was a bit of a pain playing with the trackpad I don't think it should pose a problem to pass the mini games.
But it's good to hear that if for some reason you can't have a high score or something you can still advance.

Really enjoyed the demo. I'm liking the character interactions and except Alfred I love all the characters so far. The BGM as fantastic as always and the mini games were fun.

I find kind of sad that still in 2012 there's Japanese racism as noted when Julie commented on how they called her Sushi Geisha or something like that when she was at school.
Leo was lucky to encounter Rose or he would have it difficult to gain a salary with the few and tough jobs available for them or go to military again.
The fangirl in me is happy with the amount of bishonen here compared to other of his works, I loved all those Leo and Rose scenes and Wayne's jealousy (there's many things I want to know but I'm looking forward to Rose and Wayne's first meeting).

Will there be character profiles like in the tips of Umineko?
Old 2012-07-08, 15:37   Link #333
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
In the full release, he's thinking about tweaking the minigame system.

Ryuukishi's planning to add a short explanation for these break points in the full game tutorial, and also to include more of them throughout the game.
I'd have thought the game would have been finished by now. They're sure leaving things a little late if they're to get the discs manufactured on time…
Old 2012-07-08, 17:44   Link #334
st_nick5

Finished the demo. Really looking forward to the full game and the translation now. Wish I didn't read so quickly.
st_nick5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 18:32   Link #335
TW25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yirba View Post
I'd have thought the game would have been finished by now. They're sure leaving things a little late if they're to get the discs manufactured on time…
Last year the Higanbana First Night master version was finished August 2nd, so there's plenty of time to change the game before manufacturing and distribution. While speaking about dates, the master version of Second Night was finished December 17th.

07th Expansion is really awesome when it comes to production time so I'm sure we won't see any delays.
TW25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 01:45   Link #336

Quote:
Sure :
Size = 447 MB (469,450,752 bytes)
Hmm, that would probably be the 'size on disk', which is size + slack space. Would it be ok for me to talk further about this in pm?
Old 2012-07-09, 10:02   Link #337
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

I notice that a number of people have felt somewhat frustrated by the lack of a "save anywhere" feature. Luckily, this can be easily implemented via a few changes in the game's script (note that although I don't notice any problems caused by doing this in the trailer version, issues may occur when doing this in the actual game):

Delete the semicolons at the start of lines 21738 and 21739:

Code:
	lsp r_save_lsp,r_save,%tmp,%tmp1 : add %tmp1,42
	lsp r_load_lsp,r_load,%tmp,%tmp1 : add %tmp1,42
Delete the semicolons at the start of lines 21763 and 21764:

Code:
	spbtn r_save_lsp,r_save_lsp
	spbtn r_load_lsp,r_load_lsp
After doing this, save and load buttons should be available via the right-click menu (outside of the battle minigame, of course).

EDIT: If you want to, you can also display screenshots in the save/load menus, similarly to Umineko and Higanbana.

You can achieve this by adding a semicolon before the "mov" on lines 22319 and 22637:

Code:
		;mov $Free1,"screenshot\dummy.bmp"
Unfortunately, this has the side-effect of there being no screenshot at all if you save at one of the save points. I wonder if there could be some way around that…

(Oh, and I forgot to mention this before, but I'm referring to the script file for the Japanese trailer version. The English patch may have line numbers shifted around…)

Last edited by Yirba; 2012-07-09 at 10:56.
Yirba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 11:06   Link #338
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
So can anybody list all the achievements that appear after the battle? (and the ways to get them)
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 11:25   Link #339
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iby View Post
So can anybody list all the achievements that appear after the battle? (and the ways to get them)
Over kill: Attack 4+ times before picking a card
Sharp Shooter: 100% hit rate
Ace Striker: Not sure, sorry
Straight Flush: Always choose highest-value card
Juggernaut: Perfect defence
Old 2012-07-09, 11:29   Link #340
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Is there any manual patch for the translation?
For anyone else who'd prefer an installer-free patch:
http://www.witch-hunt.com/links.html

Tags
ryukishi07, spoiler, visual novel