AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-01-25, 21:53   Link #2341
Westlo
Lets be reality

Honestly speaking most people would have no idea about 60 fps compared to 30 fps. Go show someone a random sfiv fight that's on nico nico and youtube, like say the recent topanga league contest. One is shown in 60fps, the other 30fps, noticeable as shit to me, but I bet 99% of people would notice no difference.

Avg gamer has no idea why 60fps is so important for fighting games and stuff like DMC, what chance to general public have lol.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 22:21   Link #2342
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
lol...no thanks. i don't think i can even get about 100 views even for
the shake of "talking good things about Xbone". just like what Vallen was saying: god damn "cheapskate"
Actually i'm not sure if its that bad. I mean if you reach the 1.25 million view limit they set, and you were able to make videos weekly or bi-weekly, you would actually be making enough money to make a living. I mean 1.25 million views amounts to $3,750 for something like a 10 minute video that you put together in a week or two in your free time(a lot of youtubers do weekly updates); actually sounds pretty darn good. Especially if you actually DO enjoy making those videos. That $3 can really add up. Course many won't reach that limit on views, but they could still make a few thousand dollars off videos that they were making anyway.
Old 2014-01-26, 02:25   Link #2343
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Honestly speaking most people would have no idea about 60 fps compared to 30 fps. Go show someone a random sfiv fight that's on nico nico and youtube, like say the recent topanga league contest. One is shown in 60fps, the other 30fps, noticeable as shit to me, but I bet 99% of people would notice no difference.

Avg gamer has no idea why 60fps is so important for fighting games and stuff like DMC, what chance to general public have lol.
But aren't streaming sites unable to show 60fps? Show them a game live in front of them and the difference is way more clearer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Actually i'm not sure if its that bad. I mean if you reach the 1.25 million view limit they set, and you were able to make videos weekly or bi-weekly, you would actually be making enough money to make a living. I mean 1.25 million views amounts to $3,750 for something like a 10 minute video that you put together in a week or two in your free time(a lot of youtubers do weekly updates); actually sounds pretty darn good. Especially if you actually DO enjoy making those videos. That $3 can really add up. Course many won't reach that limit on views, but they could still make a few thousand dollars off videos that they were making anyway.
Yes, it's only 1.25 million views
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 03:04   Link #2344
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
But aren't streaming sites unable to show 60fps? Show them a game live in front of them and the difference is way more clearer.
Nico Nico is 60fps unlike youtube.

And I doubt it.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 04:33   Link #2345
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

You can also tell its 60fps and not 30fps on twitch streams. But ya in most games I can't tell shit; it's just certain genres like fighters where its pretty obvious.

That being said the whole "omg its unwatchable at 30fps" is a load of bullshit IMO. It just feels better, other then that both are perfectly watchable.
Old 2014-01-26, 05:30   Link #2346
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

If you put 60fps vs 30fps side-by-side, you'd be able to tell which is it.

But otherwise, most people can't tell the difference, unless the game is extremely twitch-reliant. Otherwise 30fps would had been the death of gaming.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 08:09   Link #2347
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Personally, 60fps can be seen just whenever something moves- and once you've seen it, you cannot unsee
Old 2014-01-26, 08:29   Link #2348
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post

That's a bit unfair. While 30fps vs 60fps isn't particularly important for someone just watching it's brutally important for anyone who is playing. It's a matter of needing that extra information or not: when you are playing you need to be able to quickly react while when watching that's no longer the case.
Old 2014-01-26, 10:30   Link #2349
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Personally, 60fps can be seen just whenever something moves- and once you've seen it, you cannot unsee
Bah! They say the same about retina display or just apple products in general. There is a name for people getting "symptoms" of things that otherwise either have no effect (eg. wind mill sickness... when you're 100km away) or have a very very insignificant effect compared to what people perceive (different =/= superior, eg. mobile devices, laptop oriented workflows, retina, super sharp textures in games, etc—often these are also generalized as improvements, when depending on context they may actually be regressions), or it has a real effect but to YOU it actually shouldn't have an effect (or in your circumstances it shouldn't) even though you think it does, it's called mass psychogenic illness. Essentially if you feel sick about X then you have a chance of spreading that "sickness" to others, even though your sickness might just be all in your head; there are many documented cases and it's somewhat troublesome. Consider for a moment how a lot of these so called "[wide spread] problems" became a problem when they wanted to sell it to you or when a certain part of the community needed to brag about their "superior [more expensive] tech" and if you truly feel it makes that much of a difference to you when you ignore outside "opinion" then by all means, suffer away...
Old 2014-01-27, 01:31   Link #2350
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

It's not important, since I've been gaming on the PS3 this whole gen, but if I can be offered the better choice, why not?

I'd love to play the proper JRPG without the frame rate issue.
Old 2014-01-27, 02:21   Link #2351
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
It's not important, since I've been gaming on the PS3 this whole gen, but if I can be offered the better choice, why not?

I'd love to play the proper JRPG without the frame rate issue.
I've skipped PS3 so i missed out a lot of JRPGs.. but when did traditional JRPGs had frame rate issues?

While 60 fps is a standard that most gamers and games strive to achieve, it always gave way for bigger and flashier explosion in most cases. Only developers that prize gameplay over presentation opt to maintain 60 fps constant in very few cases.
Old 2014-01-27, 03:32   Link #2352
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
I've skipped PS3 so i missed out a lot of JRPGs.. but when did traditional JRPGs had frame rate issues?

While 60 fps is a standard that most gamers and games strive to achieve, it always gave way for bigger and flashier explosion in most cases. Only developers that prize gameplay over presentation opt to maintain 60 fps constant in very few cases.
Blue Dragon on the 360 had a ridiculous number of slowdowns and Valkyria Chronicles on the PS3 also had a few. One thing to point out though is that these games came early in the console life cycle which means that developers weren't yet at the point where they had fully mastered the hardware.
Old 2014-01-27, 09:05   Link #2353
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post

The whole Atelier series on the PS3, even the latest one, Ayesha. I love the games to death, but god those slowing down to the point of skipping scene drives me nut every time. Also, Dragon Dogma and Dark Soul.
Old 2014-01-27, 09:20   Link #2354
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Lol Dragon's Dogma, love the Mystic Knight's magic cannon
Old 2014-01-27, 14:40   Link #2355
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Sounds like poor optimization or coding than actual hardware limitation. The cell processor is notoriously difficult to code for but the series you mentioned is hardly ground breaking in terms of visual technique.

In any case, I doubt we'll see the median of new console performance until the 2nd or 3rd reiteration. By all report, the new system is supposed to be a lot easier to use than the power pc architecture of last gen.

Also, MS bought out the Gears of War license from Epic and Black Tusk studio is assigned to it. (source). Kinda shitty considering the initial announcement that Black Tusk was going to work on a new IP but in terms of business sense, it's the correct decision. Gears is still an hot franchise and there were rumors that Epic wasn't going to stay exclusive with Microsoft. Securing an established franchise and having Black Tusk develop it instead of a brand new IP is a lot less risky.

Still, kinda shitty nonetheless since new IPs are always exciting to see.

Last edited by Jazzrat; 2014-01-27 at 22:06.
Jazzrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 02:35   Link #2356
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Holy Mother of Leakages.

There's a storm up at NeoGAF for what is apparently leaks for a ton of stuff coming to the Xbox One in coming months/years.

Insanity.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2014-01-30, 03:27   Link #2357
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Holy Mother of Leakages.

There's a storm up at NeoGAF for what is apparently leaks for a ton of stuff coming to the Xbox One in coming months/years.

Insanity.
No way that's a leak. It is entirely too PR friendly. It is just MS trying to generate some publicity without spending PR money.
Old 2014-01-30, 03:32   Link #2358
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Where? Is it the White Xbox One thingy?
Old 2014-01-30, 03:33   Link #2359
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

It's a poor PR-play imo, though.

Announcing multiple upcoming bundles, new colour ( widely considered to be more attractive ), and the possibility of a lower-price SKU in the current calendar year?

But I do agree it's practically a controlled leak. Nothing new was revealed as far as games were concerned except Halo 2,3,4 ports, and everything else was already leaked in some shape or form. ( Platinum exclusive, Crackdown 3, FH2 and Gears )

Heck, some of those news are actually bad imo, because 2016 for the Platinum exclusive? And Crackdown 3? That's a long, long wait for stuff that's supposed to be the most far off in post-2014 content.

Quote:
Where? Is it the White Xbox One thingy?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=760013

Basically:

- Halo 2 Anniversary ( 2014 )
- Halo 3/4 port
- Forza Horizon 2 ( 2014 )
- Crackdown 3 ( 2016)
- Gears 4 ( 2016 )
- Project Nagano from Platinum Games ( 2016 )

And bundles, white Xbox, etc.

Old 2014-01-30, 03:47   Link #2360
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Nothing fantastic about it so far and 2016 is a long wait. Intentional or not, they would have been better served to hold onto their cards till E3 instead of revealing it to Sony at this point.

Then again, maybe this will get Sony riled up to throw out some tangible details on their own projects as well. Sony's tagline of "Greatness awaits" seemingly meant more waiting than any greatness so far.