AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-12-01, 05:55   Link #241
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by godakame View Post
Well considering the track record of manga being better than their anime counterparts, I would guess that going through 12 volumes of Akagi would be more enjoyable, and quite addicting. Because we all know how addicting the anime is (I like to point out the obvious). If I had the chance, and know-how, I would liquify the Akagi anime in super-saturated form and inject it straight into my veins. Seriously though, if they are still in the mansion in the manga, I guess a season 2 in the near future would be imposible, or improbable. Than again that could potentially, in a sense be a brillant season. 26 episodes of just Akagi and Washizu in the mansion...
That would equate to BUTTSECHZ NO JUTSU! I really laughed out loud when I read that ... it sounded so suggestive, so full of innuendo.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-01, 09:31   Link #242
sukreih
okusenman!okusenman!

Quote:
wow indeed. That tis long, good sir. Your theory of a heart attack could make for a grand ending. Thoug I could have sworn that Washizu was having mini heart attacks during the anime when Akagi kept handing Washizu his own ass; you can tell by Washizu's constantly changing facial expression, oscilating from creepy smile to "I think I just shat myself".
So I thought if Akagi anime would have a grand ending at all,it'll be
1.Washizu dying of a heart attack
2.Washizu dies of heart attack,and Yoshioka and others tries to split the whatever hundreds-million yen Washizu left. But Akagi beats them up and takes the money.

Quote:
Well considering the track record of manga being better than their anime counterparts, I would guess that going through 12 volumes of Akagi would be more enjoyable, and quite addicting. Because we all know how addicting the anime is (I like to point out the obvious). If I had the chance, and know-how, I would liquify the Akagi anime in super-saturated form and inject it straight into my veins. Seriously though, if they are still in the mansion in the manga, I guess a season 2 in the near future would be imposible, or improbable. Than again that could potentially, in a sense be a brillant season. 26 episodes of just Akagi and Washizu in the mansion...
Yeah but think about waiting over a year each time to see what happens.Imagine Akagi fans from 10 years ago waiting 10 years for the Washizu game to end lol (.welll...people in Japan can read Kindai Mahjongg..)
........Come to think about it,you kindda forget about it sooner or later because you wait so long..besides there's Kaiji and other mangas that could entertain me.

I too thought 26 episodes in Washizu Mahjongg would be wayyyy too long.The anime made 6.1 volumes in 13 episodes,so the remaining...8 volumes(I'm assuming Akagi vol.20 will be the end.) can be made into a 12,13 episode series. (or an OVA?)I think I can handle that,considering 13 episodes in the Washizu mansion was quite entertaining,90% due to Washizu.

Oh yeah..now I can post this gif I made some while ago:

cute,eh?
sukreih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-01, 22:25   Link #243
eris_sama

lol, great gif. Washizu in his spoiled brat mode.
The problem with competition anime/manga, though I tend to like them, is that you know that the main char will win and that always diffuses the tension. Though I like Akagi a lot (A-) a couple of episodes could have been cut/condensed to make it tighter. Maybe if they had waited for the Washizu arc to end and made it a more complete 26 ep series it would have been even better. But it does have my favorite anime opening song!
eris_sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-01, 23:28   Link #244
ddraggy
Abnormality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexon View Post
Ack, I forgot to say thank you before! Thanks, Drexon

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
That would equate to BUTTSECHZ NO JUTSU! I really laughed out loud when I read that ... it sounded so suggestive, so full of innuendo.
Switch out Washizu for Fake Akagi, Osamu, or even Ichikawa and I'll be all over that

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukreih View Post
So I thought if Akagi anime would have a grand ending at all,it'll be
1.Washizu dying of a heart attack
2.Washizu dies of heart attack,and Yoshioka and others tries to split the whatever hundreds-million yen Washizu left. But Akagi beats them up and takes the money.
Hmm, I actually don't think Washizu would die from a heart attack. Seems more likely that Akagi will take every last yen he has... and then convince Washizu to hook himself up to his own machine! Because, ya know, it won't be an issue since Akagi's only one loss from death... Washizu himself will become the last Vampire murder victim.

On a totally unrelated note, those Akagi figurines look very... un-Akagi

~ ddraggy
ddraggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-02, 22:50   Link #245
godakame

Quote:
Heh, that wasn't my intent, but kudos in turning my innocent words into something so perverted...and so freaking hot. Considering the fact that the world of Akagi is devoid of women, it might lead one to start trucking down the hersey highway.
godakame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-03, 00:55   Link #246
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

It really will be a BRILLIANT SECOND SEASON. WITH BUTTSECHZ.
Old 2006-12-04, 11:12   Link #247
sukreih
okusenman!okusenman!

Quote:
It really will be a BRILLIANT SECOND SEASON. WITH BUTTSECHZ.
don't tell me I never saw a doujinshi with that one...ugh.

Stumbled across the latest event of what's going on in the Washizu mansion:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-12-05, 15:56   Link #248
godakame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukreih View Post
don't tell me I never saw a doujinshi with that one...ugh.

Stumbled across the latest event of what's going on in the Washizu mansion:
Spoiler:
Bejesus, Washizu needs some anger mangement classes. Just look at him; I think that heart attack theory will pan out after all.
godakame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-25, 15:21   Link #249
ddraggy
Abnormality

You know, I really wish they hadn't changed that Washizu hunter scene in the anime.

Spoiler:

Merry Christmas, peeps!
Old 2007-01-06, 08:54   Link #250
sukreih
okusenman!okusenman!

Seems ntv showed a end-of-the-year Akagi Special. It was aired like 3 in the morning... I found a movie for the last part on youtube, which can be seen here . It's basically about Hagiwara Masato as navigator and explaining the Akagi events in AKAGI'S VOICE!

Personally I think this end-of-the year special proves that ntv is not finished with Akagi..(that or it was just so popular) perhaps there will be more to come..let's hope October :P
Old 2007-01-06, 20:39   Link #251
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Well, they could animate an OVA showcasing the final rounds of the Washizu-Akagi match, but really, I don't mind the ending. It was awesome. It had all the conclusion one needed ...

I'd bet either a short series (11, 12 or 13 episodes) showcasing the final rounds of the Akagi-Washizu match, or a tightly-packed OVA ... and maybe some yaoi

EDIT: Please delete any one of the two posts I did. I didn't realize the previous one was really posted, sorry - some problems with my connection at times.

EDIT by Mod: I couldn't figure out which one I should delete, so I combined them instead.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-01-08 at 02:21.
Old 2007-01-08, 03:09   Link #252
ddraggy
Abnormality

Quote:
I'd bet either a short series (11, 12 or 13 episodes) showcasing the final rounds of the Akagi-Washizu match, or a tightly-packed OVA ... and maybe some yaoi
Hopefully another volume of Akagi will be out soon, so maybe the Washizu Mahjong will finally come to an end. If they really do animate the thing, I'm betting it'll end up as a OVA series (three to four 1-hour-long episodes?)

Even if they don't finish the match, there's a scene that I really really want to see that happens later on and it's not WashizuxAkagi yaoi Sticking Akagi with Washizu... sorry, just no. Too much of the wrong kind of drool. Maybe if Osamu pays a visit, instead

~ ddraggy
Old 2007-01-14, 10:59   Link #253
Skane
Anime Snark

Currently up to Ep14 of Akagi, and you know... it reaffirms my belief that anything can be hardcore in anime. I am now awaiting an anime series about life and death situations over flower-arrangements.

Or sewing. Hardcore sewing.

Cheers.
Old 2007-02-07, 13:38   Link #254
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Send a message via ICQ to ShadowClone Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowClone
Well, I'm just glad that I persevered in downloading the entire 26-episode batch of this anime! (Thanks, Triad!) Usually, when I download a new episode, I'll just preview/skim through it and watch it later.

But with Akagi, my "preview" of Episode 1 turned into a "marathon" of Episodes 1 through 6! That was two days ago...and just now I've already finished watching the entire series! Talk about "hooked"! :lol:

As many have already mentioned, the mahjong part is merely a way of showing just how great of a "diaboloical genius" Akagi is, not just with his mahjong talent, but with the way he can stay calm and manipulate people's minds!
ShadowClone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 20:20   Link #255
Eishu

Send a message via ICQ to Eishu Send a message via AIM to Eishu Send a message via MSN to Eishu Send a message via Yahoo to Eishu
I can only say you guys know it, Akagi must be one of the greatest anime ever created.

To those that havn't watched it yet, I can recommend these links to get into the pure mindfuck that is Akagi:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxXPtbN55NI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C2Eu...elated&search=

Also after having seen episode 24 I imagined this as an ending:

Spoiler:

But that was just something I thougt up.
Eishu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 10:02   Link #256
OgtheSamurai

Yeah, great anime. I wonder though. When he arrived on the scene at 13 in 1958 everyone freaked when they heard his age... he looked WAY older than that. To me he didnt look very different except his clothing and he smoked... in his early 20s? Its hard to tell at the end... when they flash to summer 1999 and we see Akagi briefly walking along, but he certainly doesnt look like hes 54. Could it be that Akagi really is a god?
OgtheSamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 10:30   Link #257
OgtheSamurai

Or maybe Immortal, and he cant kill himself, but someone else can if hes actually beaten after giving it his all? I mean everything he is involved in in the entire story is a deathmatch practically. Maybe thats a condition(s) of his being able to die. He drives his car off a cliff into the ocean winning the chicken match, and so makes it to shore, WALKS all the way to the mahjong game and Immediately wins a game hes never played before. For high stakes right? Death always threatening but then hes saved. Then the dice game where he seems like he HAS to play fair, like he cant call odd on an even roll, So he WINS in reality but the Yakuza want to kill him anyways. Remember he looks like he CANT WAIT to say even again, knowing someone is at the door but he cant get a word out edgewise and by the time he does hes saved by the cop. The other mahjong player he destroys who has his hands all cut up is ENRAGED after hearing Akagi explain his psychology outside the door, so much so that Akagi's pal nearly shits his pants and encourages Akagi to get away fast... but Akagi walks right up to the guy who says he is going to kill him, but in the end isnt able to. And of course Washizu is intent on killing him, and even the demons on his back seem to go for Akagi at one point but some holy looking sheild magically protects Akagi, deflecting the demons, and I cant imagine Akagi generating that because he seemed perfectly content with the idea of dying anytime. Perhaps the gods were using Akagi as a player in a huge godly tournament, of the best human players against Akagi, with rules that were implied but never spoken. Maybe Akagi knew he was a player and that he probably could never be allowed to die by cheating or losing on purpose, or for any other reason than by being genuinely beaten by a human opponent and so therefor had very little reason to fear death. Yeah Akagi had detailed explainations for all his manipulations, but there was always something more than that logic.. something humans couldnt fathom that gave him his true edge.. and remember in the beginning, he did say he heard these voices... telling him what was behind the tiles..... hmmmmm
Old 2007-04-16, 10:52   Link #258
OgtheSamurai

sorry to go on and on but.... the ending... where he sends Washizu seemingly defeated, deflated, drained, to the couch. Even though it seemed as though Akagi exposed him as a coward, worth no more than his money, Washizu still had a significant lot of moneyand wasnt completely beaten. Akagi new he wasnt revealing the TOTAL extent of his saving and by throwing his blood away, antagonized Washizu back to life, stating that they hadnt seen the true Washizu play, hadnt seen his true core yet, and as predictable as ever Washizu leaves the room and brings out his entire secret stash, HIS REAL entire fortune... and as the very end suggests, Akagi won all six rounds, and so took IT ALL from Washizu, stripping him to the core, probably making it impossible for him to escape Japan from his crimes, leaving him nothing if not dead. Akagi truly killed the propped Washizu by removing his wealth/power as was Akagis explicit intention from the very beginning heh. Brutal.
Old 2007-04-16, 22:53   Link #259
ddraggy
Abnormality

Quote:
Originally Posted by OgtheSamurai View Post
Yeah, great anime. I wonder though. When he arrived on the scene at 13 in 1958 everyone freaked when they heard his age... he looked WAY older than that. To me he didnt look very different except his clothing and he smoked... in his early 20s? Its hard to tell at the end... when they flash to summer 1999 and we see Akagi briefly walking along, but he certainly doesnt look like hes 54. Could it be that Akagi really is a god?
13-year-old Akagi actually looks 13 in the manga (or, if not 13, at least a good sight younger than he does in the anime). Awww, isn't he the cutest little demon!

Quote:
Or maybe Immortal, and he cant kill himself, but someone else can if hes actually beaten after giving it his all?
See my sig for manga spoilers...

Quote:
...and as the very end suggests, Akagi won all six rounds, and so took IT ALL from Washizu, stripping him to the core, probably making it impossible for him to escape Japan from his crimes, leaving him nothing if not dead. Akagi truly killed the propped Washizu by removing his wealth/power as was Akagis explicit intention from the very beginning heh. Brutal.
Hmm, the thing is, we don't know how the match ended. All the ending suggests is... that Akagi didn't die from Washizu Mahjong. Did Akagi actually beat Washizu, or did the old man simply die of over-excitement in the middle of the match? Or did something else happen? We don't know... and won't until Fukumoto finishes the manga
Old 2007-08-16, 20:36   Link #260
luvv777
hokage sama

ahhh the ending, why like that?
luvv777 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, gambling, mahjong, seinen