AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2010-08-25, 20:36   Link #281
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by HashiriyaR32 View Post
Looks like you'll have to play it on a system that has a dedicated graphics card. From reading the Rewrite thread on NovelNews, system with GFX cards integrated into the motherboard don't like this game (or is it the other way around).

But before that, try closing as many uneeded applications through task manager as you can to free up some RAM, and then try running the game again.

Also, this page http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Game/Rewrite needs more love.
God, this is why I'm going back to console games mainly.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 20:55   Link #282
spikexp

Post a pic of GPU-Z main page (of the software).

If you only have a IGP, you can try to go in the bios and assign more of your ram to the IGP.

And your laptop seem kind of old
spikexp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 21:11   Link #283
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikexp View Post
Post a pic of GPU-Z main page (of the software).

If you only have a IGP, you can try to go in the bios and assign more of your ram to the IGP.

And your laptop seem kind of old
I got it in 2006 as a surprise present, so I had no say in how good it was. The buyer just got a random laptop s/he saw in the store (it was bought to replace my ancient Windows 97 that was slower than a drunk snail, so any compter would have been better ).

And I have no idea what you're talking about. GPU-Z? IGP? Bios? I'm sorry.
Old 2010-08-25, 21:37   Link #284
spikexp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
I got it in 2006 as a surprise present, so I had no say in how good it was. The buyer just got a random laptop s/he saw in the store (it was bought to replace my ancient Windows 97 that was slower than a drunk snail, so any compter would have been better ).

And I have no idea what you're talking about. GPU-Z? IGP? Bios? I'm sorry.
GPU-Z = software (can be downloaded freely)
IGP = Integrated graphics processor (some thing that is made in the board of the computer)
Bios = To long to explain, go look on wikipedia

I doubt that anything you could do would make you able to run the game

So, I to use the english patch on the trial?
Old 2010-08-25, 21:40   Link #285
Kudryavka

Quote:
GPU-Z = software (can be downloaded freely)
IGP = Integrated graphics processor (some thing that is made in the board of the computer)
Bios = To long to explain, go look on wikipedia

I doubt that anything you could do would make you able to run the game

So, I to use the english patch on the trial?
Why are you laughing at me??

And are you saying that even if I upgraded my computer in various ways, the game won't run?? Tch.
Old 2010-08-25, 21:51   Link #286
spikexp

Quote:
Why are you laughing at me??

And are you saying that even if I upgraded my computer in various ways, the game won't run?? Tch.
I'm not laughing at you, I just don't know how to explain what a bios in a short way

Well it seem like you computer is a laptop (am I wrong)? If that's the case, then you can't do anything to upgraded.
Old 2010-08-25, 21:53   Link #287
Kudryavka

Quote:
I'm not laughing at you, I just don't know how to explain what a bios in a short way

Well it seem like you computer is a laptop (am I wrong)? If that's the case, then you can't do anything to upgraded.
Uh, yes I can? I upgraded the RAM and changed out the harddrive, I think I can install other things.
Old 2010-08-26, 05:57   Link #288
spikexp

Quote:
Uh, yes I can? I upgraded the RAM and changed out the harddrive, I think I can install other things.
Hardly, it's hard to change the CPU or put a video card in a laptop. The ram and the hard drive is the easiest thing to change since they can be buy almost everywhere and they are easy to install.
Old 2010-08-26, 06:22   Link #289
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Better have some decent special effects if it's going to require a dedicated graphics card.

As Spike says, changing CPU/Video card in a laptop is very difficult, unless you have a laptop which expressly allows you to do so, and those usually come with powerful hardware and dedicated cards anyway.
Old 2010-08-26, 12:00   Link #290
Random32
Also a Lolicon

@Komari
0x8876017C means that Direct3D thinks you don't have enough video memory. Either your graphics card drivers need updating and the problem can be resolved by updating said drivers, or a hardware problem because your graphics card doesn't have enough VRAM and you're completely screwed.

edit:
1. a quick Google reveals that most people having problems with drivers that result in Direct3D spitting 0x8876017C have really older ATi Radeon cards (R300 and older)
2. Gateway support says that your computer has an Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Decelerator 950 with a pitiful 64mb of VRAM.

After looking at the 2 above facts, I would say its time for you to buy a new computer.

Last edited by Random32; 2010-08-26 at 13:06.
Random32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 14:12   Link #291
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random32 View Post
@Komari
0x8876017C means that Direct3D thinks you don't have enough video memory. Either your graphics card drivers need updating and the problem can be resolved by updating said drivers, or a hardware problem because your graphics card doesn't have enough VRAM and you're completely screwed.

edit:
1. a quick Google reveals that most people having problems with drivers that result in Direct3D spitting 0x8876017C have really older ATi Radeon cards (R300 and older)
2. Gateway support says that your computer has an Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Decelerator 950 with a pitiful 64mb of VRAM.

After looking at the 2 above facts, I would say its time for you to buy a new computer.
My next comp will be a Mac (because I'm tired of getting viruses), so I won't have time for the Apple-phobic VN makers anyway. Oh well, tanx 4 evryting. This comp isn't for games anyway, playing games on it is extra.
Old 2010-08-26, 16:51   Link #292
kyosak
poo

You can just install Bootcamp and run Windows on a separate partition on your Mac when you get it.
kyosak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 22:15   Link #293
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyosak View Post
You can just install Bootcamp and run Windows on a separate partition on your Mac when you get it.
Will do, thanks. I think I'll partition 20 GB or so for Windows, use it only for games (no Internet on the Windows part, would defeat my purpose). Is it possible to only allow internet on the Mac partition?
Old 2010-08-27, 03:25   Link #294
kyosak
poo

^
Hmm, not sure about that one
kyosak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 13:03   Link #295
Random32
Also a Lolicon

Instead of bootcamp, I recommend you install Windows inside a Virtual Machine
you can disable internet to the VM easily and have access to both Mac and Windows without rebooting too
Random32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 16:59   Link #296
Kudryavka

Quote:
Instead of bootcamp, I recommend you install Windows inside a Virtual Machine
you can disable internet to the VM easily and have access to both Mac and Windows without rebooting too
I will look up Virtual Machines when I make my purchase, thanks.
Old 2010-08-27, 19:22   Link #297
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Sheesh... I'm away for a few weeks, and it's turned into a tech support thread!

Komari, you can try and download the Siglus engine benchmark tool (i.e. Chihaya Rolling ) from the Rewrite website to see if that will run.
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-28, 00:49   Link #298
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
Sheesh... I'm away for a few weeks, and it's turned into a tech support thread!

Komari, you can try and download the Siglus engine benchmark tool (i.e. Chihaya Rolling ) from the Rewrite website to see if that will run.
"DownLoad"? Does Key think that's cute? Anyways, thanks boggart. I'll try figuring this out.

When I run it I get the same error as the trial game. Oh well, not like Key wants me to play their games anyway, they're 100% Japan Only now. >_> It wouldn't usually stop me, it's just an excuse to keep me whetted till this comp dies and I get my Mac.
Old 2010-10-28, 02:57   Link #299
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Breaking News:

Release date for Rewrite is scheduled for 28th April 2011.

Mark that date down in your calendar, ladies and gentlemen.

Source: http://key.visualarts.gr.jp/info/2010/10/post_95.html

Picture proof: http://twitpic.com/31gg0o
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 03:47   Link #300
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Are those files from the English translation group usable in any way at this point?

Quote:
@Komari
edit:

GMA 950 should be able to support up to 224MB of video RAM if you configure it in the BIOS. (For those that aren't aware, the GMA 950 grabs some of your system RAM for use as video RAM, and the amount it grabs can be configured). Gateway may not have provided the machine with a BIOS that allows the user to configure that though.

@Komari
Most machines will say "Press (whatever) key to enter setup" at boot... that's how you get into the BIOS. You might be able to find a setting to adjust VRAM allocation in there, but I wouldn't count on it. Also, don't touch any of the other settings in there!

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, hinoue itaru, key, maeda jun, romeo tanaka, ryukishi07, visual novel