Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-04-23, 01:11   Link #41
Log
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemisphere View Post
For what it's worth, I don't think that it would have been any less possible for you to simplify the dialogue any other way, considering the vocabulary level in this LN. If anything, these are as good as they come for brief summaries.

If anyone complains, just point out to them the level of word usage this series has, haha.

Once again, you have my utmost respect for kindling interest for this series.
What I meant is I could've shortened the summaries to provide the bare essence of the plot and focused more on character development moments.

For example the comical exchange between Sumire and Rentaro is sorta pointless to the grand scheme of the plot not to mention not really conveyed well summary form. I could've just said "Sumire joked around with Rentaro" instead of writing all that out. That way people don't have to waste time reading about things that aren't that important to the plot.

But then again, if people actually enjoy me summarizing comical skits, they're free to say it. If they feel that I'm pointing to much effort on a comical act whose humor I'm failing to convey they're also free to criticize.

This doesn't just apply to comical parts, people are free to tell me if they feel that I'm including to much detail in a uninteresting part or a part that doesn't contribute to the plot.

On a side note I can't really sympathize on the vocab level of the LN. I read the Chinese translation which did a excellent job of breaking everything down for me to the point where someone like me that lived in America for most of his life can understand very well what the book is trying to say.

Not to say that it isn't hard (I still had like 5% I didn't completely understand) but judging from your previous posts the original version must be a lot harder.

And yeah, once again thanks for the support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Thanks for the summary.

Kids are total assholes in most Japanese media, aren't they.
Spoiler for some spoilers:
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 01:24   Link #42
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

True enough, though most people end up taking summaries at face value; thank you for giving them those options.

Personally, I never really got the impression that moments like those are easily removable. Granted, they don't add much to the plot, but they do help give an insight into their characters' nature (and why they would say/do such things). That's just my personal take on it, though.
Old 2013-04-23, 15:14   Link #43
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Log View Post
What I meant is I could've shortened the summaries to provide the bare essence of the plot and focused more on character development moments.

For example the comical exchange between Sumire and Rentaro is sorta pointless to the grand scheme of the plot not to mention not really conveyed well summary form. I could've just said "Sumire joked around with Rentaro" instead of writing all that out. That way people don't have to waste time reading about things that aren't that important to the plot.

But then again, if people actually enjoy me summarizing comical skits, they're free to say it. If they feel that I'm pointing to much effort on a comical act whose humor I'm failing to convey they're also free to criticize.

This doesn't just apply to comical parts, people are free to tell me if they feel that I'm including to much detail in a uninteresting part or a part that doesn't contribute to the plot.

On a side note I can't really sympathize on the vocab level of the LN. I read the Chinese translation which did a excellent job of breaking everything down for me to the point where someone like me that lived in America for most of his life can understand very well what the book is trying to say.

Not to say that it isn't hard (I still had like 5% I didn't completely understand) but judging from your previous posts the original version must be a lot harder.

And yeah, once again thanks for the support.
I always find that the best parts of this series to be the little things. So yes I would very much appreciate it if you did translate them. Thank you for your hard work!
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 21:50   Link #44
zerodragon

Quote:
Yep.

Every notable character is a badass to some degree though.

I wouldn't really call Rentaro "jacked".

Again the people he faces are all monsters.

His abilities as it is, is around 150ish-200 in IP ranking (he beat higher ranking people than 150 but that's due to a combination of planning, luck and a lot of determination).

There are quite a few stronger then him.

So he's around where he's suppose to be.

Basically not weak enough to be useless but not strong enough to make challenges look easy.

Anyways about Enju.....

Spoiler for spoilers:
define broken with kisara.
Old 2013-04-23, 22:58   Link #45
Log

Quote:
True enough, though most people end up taking summaries at face value; thank you for giving them those options.

Personally, I never really got the impression that moments like those are easily removable. Granted, they don't add much to the plot, but they do help give an insight into their characters' nature (and why they would say/do such things). That's just my personal take on it, though.
Yeah, I agree with you.

Which is why I included the comical dialogue thus far.

It also makes the summaries flow better in my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
I always find that the best parts of this series to be the little things. So yes I would very much appreciate it if you did translate them. Thank you for your hard work!
Well then, if that's the case I'll stick with what I'm doing now.

The rest of chapter 2 is here.

Spoiler for volume 1 chapter 2 part 5:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodragon View Post
define broken with kisara.

Spoiler for kisara:
Old 2013-04-24, 00:05   Link #46
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Yeah, I agree with you.

Which is why I included the comical dialogue thus far.

It also makes the summaries flow better in my head.

Well then, if that's the case I'll stick with what I'm doing now.

The rest of chapter 2 is here.

Spoiler for volume 1 chapter 2 part 5:

Spoiler for kisara:
Was the last part of your summary a flashback?
Old 2013-04-24, 00:29   Link #47
Log

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Was the last part of your summary a flashback?
Rentaro's dreaming.
Old 2013-04-24, 02:41   Link #48
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

You gotta wonder just what the author has in store for Enju, considering how the volumes always end on that note.

It's just kind of depressing when you read about all the awesome things they do in each other's company; all the comedy bits, and them getting over whatever trials and tribulations come their way, only to be reminded of her impending mortality at the end of the volume.

It really fits with the whole mood and atmosphere the series has got going for it, though.
Old 2013-04-24, 08:09   Link #49
ZeKeR
Superbad

I wonder what would happen if he had a gastraea infusion on his mech parts? what would happen?
Old 2013-04-24, 09:04   Link #50
cutieteen97

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
I wonder what would happen if he had a gastraea infusion on his mech parts? what would happen?
It would probably do nothing much because otherwise the gastrea could have made a building or something go crazy?
cutieteen97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 23:28   Link #51
Log

Quote:
You gotta wonder just what the author has in store for Enju, considering how the volumes always end on that note.

It's just kind of depressing when you read about all the awesome things they do in each other's company; all the comedy bits, and them getting over whatever trials and tribulations come their way, only to be reminded of her impending mortality at the end of the volume.

It really fits with the whole mood and atmosphere the series has got going for it, though.
Spoiler for Enju:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
Nothing. His limbs and eye are made up of super varium and varium doesn’t react well with Gastrea.

Anyways chapter 3 part 1 is here.

Spoiler for volume 1 chapter 3 part 1:
Old 2013-04-25, 00:13   Link #52
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

I don't think the author can just simply make a miracle to cure Enju's condition, though, particularly considering that each volume always ends with that foreshadowing. It's probably going to come true at some point; that or he's going to find out about it, and be a vital part of Rentarou's character development/denouement, most likely (and probably a huge source of drama).
Old 2013-04-25, 01:39   Link #53
Log

Quote:
I don't think the author can just simply make a miracle to cure Enju's condition, though, particularly considering that each volume always ends with that foreshadowing.
Spoiler for hmm...:

Quote:
It's probably going to come true at some point; that or he's going to find out about it, and be a vital part of Rentarou's character development/denouement, most likely (and probably gonna cause a huge source of drama).
Fixed.

Spoiler for speculations!:

This is of course all baseless speculation.

As a cliched saying would go the possibilities are endless.
Old 2013-04-25, 01:50   Link #54
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Hmm. I can see something like that happening.

Spoiler:
Old 2013-04-25, 01:51   Link #55
waffler

hmm i think rentaro likes kisara the most it says that he was shocked at how beatiful she was when he wake up
waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 02:01   Link #56
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Wait, the manga is drawn by Morino Hon?! I think I'm gonna follow both versions!
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 08:05   Link #57
Iggy_Pop

@Log,
Spoiler for Ayn Rand and Tina:
Iggy_Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 20:53   Link #58
Log

Quote:
Hmm. I can see something like that happening.

Spoiler:
Spoiler for yep:

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffler View Post
hmm i think rentaro likes kisara the most it says that he was shocked at how beatiful she was when he wake up
Yep.

Like I said before Kisara is the one with the most chance of getting Rentaro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
Wait, the manga is drawn by Morino Hon?! I think I'm gonna follow both versions!
Good.

I suggest you (and everyone else) to follow both versions.

The manga's art is actually very good, and well it did add one or two unnecessary scenes it also added scenes that add to the emotional impact of the story.

I actually think that it's the best LN to manga adaption thus far.

And if nothing else the author draws an epic “fuck you” smirk for Rentaro.

Spoiler for Rentaro's "fuck you" smirk in Chinese:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy_Pop View Post
@Log,
Spoiler for Ayn Rand and Tina:
Eh, I was under the impression that you read the original volumes considering how you twitted to the author.

Anyways…..

Spoiler for tina and ayn:

And now onto chapter 3 part 2.

Boy this one is long. Not to mention the dialogue between Rentaro and Sumire is troublesome to summarize so I translated a lot of it.

For reference to how long it is, most of my summaries clock up to around 1000 words.

This one is around 2500.

2.5 the size of my usual summaries for the different parts.

Part of it, is because it's just that long. Chapter 3 is composed of 50% of part 2.

Another reason is because it had lots of necessary details that I felt I couldn't exclude.

Anyways, enjoy!

Spoiler for black bullet volume 1 chapter 3 part 2:

Last edited by Log; 2013-04-25 at 21:16. Reason: lol so many wording mistakes
Old 2013-04-25, 21:49   Link #59
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Spoiler for yep:

Yep.

Like I said before Kisara is the one with the most chance of getting Rentaro.

Good.

I suggest you (and everyone else) to follow both versions.

The manga's art is actually very good, and well it did add one or two unnecessary scenes it also added scenes that add to the emotional impact of the story.

I actually think that it's the best LN to manga adaption thus far.

And if nothing else the author draws an epic “fuck you” smirk for Rentaro.

Spoiler for Rentaro's "fuck you" smirk in Chinese:

Eh, I was under the impression that you read the original volumes considering how you twitted to the author.

Anyways…..

And now onto chapter 3 part 2.

Boy this one is long. Not to mention the dialogue between Rentaro and Sumire is troublesome to summarize so I translated a lot of it.

For reference to how long it is, most of my summaries clock up to around 1000 words.

This one is around 2500.

2.5 the size of my usual summaries for the different parts.

Part of it, is because it's just that long. Chapter 3 is composed of 50% of part 2.

Another reason is because it had lots of necessary details that I felt I couldn't exclude.

Anyways, enjoy!

Spoiler for black bullet volume 1 chapter 3 part 2:
Thanks for translating the dialogue with Sumire. That was some pretty crucial character development there.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 07:54   Link #60
Iggy_Pop

Quote:

Anyways…..

I could only read very little from the original volumes, due to my very bad understanding of Japanese. I also read some spoilers and wiki, so I know a little bit, but not much. BTW, is it true that in vol. 4,
Spoiler for Kisara:
Iggy_Pop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dengeki bunko