AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2017-07-22, 02:36   Link #17001
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB079 View Post
Hahaha this reminds me what happened with Kannagi.

Spoiler for picture:
and Naruto and Bleach lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonXX View Post
It just the newest chapter Zeref and Marvis get a happy ending and came back from what I can see from the Raws and yet Auguest isn't there, poor guy.
Well August cant come back till Reincarnated Zeref and reincarnated Mavis plow each other like a cornfield lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
If we're lucky, we'd get an expanded ending, just like how Naruto's wedding was expanded into its own story arc.

Anyway, all I really wanted was some moments between Levy and Gajeel. Levy stood out for me despite feeling all tingly when seeing Lucy or Juvia. She's a different kind of beauty, and her relationship with Gajeel was cute af.
and Lucy swears she heard the word baby. Wendy DEFINITELY heard the word baby lol. Gajeel's face was priceless lol. Who would have that that he would be the first of the main group to have a child lol
Old 2017-07-22, 04:59   Link #17002
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanticide View Post
Didn't have everything i wanted in an ending, but it was much better than Naruto and Bleach's endings.
No. Naruto has better ending and final fight than FT.

FT final fight is so bad to the point it made Bleach final fight a masterpiece.

And how is FT ending is good again?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-22, 05:14   Link #17003
Ultragunner

so....only Gajeel x Levy are official?...
...as in
Spoiler for :

hahaha

Also in the end, did we ever get to know what the 100 years quest is? Was Gildard tasked with taking down Acno back then?
Old 2017-07-22, 05:36   Link #17004
ChuckE
Provoker

Naruto's ending was the best out of this three hands down. Though Kaguya was a letdown anyway the glorious Madara's moments was glorious. Anyway ending in Naruto is more or less complete.

Regarding Bleach and FT...It is difficult. They way Kubo dealt with Zero Squad was pathetic at best. And final boss - despite all hyping was dealt by Ichigo almost in one chapter. Then some strange stuff at the end and it is done.

Fairy Tail fights reminds me of Bleach. Pointless and without any suspense. No wow effect, a lot of nakama bullshit, dropped plot lines etc etc. Well at least in Bleach the plot was somehow better wrapped up. I just pretend that FT ended on Tenryu arc

P.S. I guess Machima can't into freeroaming stories. He is better in doing more story driven stories like Rave.
Old 2017-07-22, 05:48   Link #17005
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
so....only Gajeel x Levy are official?...
...as in
Spoiler for :

hahaha

Also in the end, did we ever get to know what the 100 years quest is? Was Gildard tasked with taking down Acno back then?
Alzack and Bisca.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-22, 10:29   Link #17006
Wandering Soul

This ending was basically just watching Hiro trolls shippers. Overall the ending was just bland, but it's not like I expected anything else. Between Naruto, Bleach, and Fairy Tail, Naruto easily had the best ending. I can't decide between this or Bleach, but I'm honestly leaning towards Bleach.

The sad thing is that Fairy Tail was once pretty decent. The arc where Laxus tried to take over the guild was easily the high point of the series for me. Up to and after the time skip though, it's almost as if the author went out of his way to make everything as anti climatic as possible. The way Raven Tail was handled is a shining example of this. It's really just sad to see what this manga ended up becoming.
Old 2017-07-22, 10:53   Link #17007
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
No. Naruto has better ending and final fight than FT.

FT final fight is so bad to the point it made Bleach final fight a masterpiece.

And how is FT ending is good again?
It isn't good, at all. The only justification of preferring this over Bleach is if the person got upset by the ships at the end. Mashima needs a writer for his next series because he doesn't know how to, despite no one but himself rushing this.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-22, 11:16   Link #17008
AntonKutovoi

One thing is good, though: shippers are left dissapointed. Nothing warms my heart more than a salty tears and cries of despair of shippers.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-22, 11:50   Link #17009
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

So rather than going to a definitive ending like Rave, Mashima went back "to status quo" with Fairy tail?
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-22, 13:10   Link #17010
ChuckE
Provoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
So rather than going to a definitive ending like Rave, Mashima went back "to status quo" with Fairy tail?
You may as well jump after any arc to the last chapter and nothing will change lol
Old 2017-07-22, 14:51   Link #17011
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonXX View Post
It just the newest chapter Zeref and Marvis get a happy ending and came back from what I can see from the Raws and yet Auguest isn't there, poor guy.
Technically they re-incarnated, and August is there, what are you talking about? They just said that the MONTH of August is pretty hot by the chapter's time. If you meant the CHARACTER August, then yeah waste of plot etc etc etc.
Old 2017-07-22, 17:01   Link #17012
kira_jesus_yamato

that ending.
kira_jesus_yamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-22, 17:41   Link #17013
rladls2121

No, im not satisfied with this ending.

And to think Rave Master fans were furious with Sieg being dead, that part was truly an interesting twist though it was sad.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-22, 20:17   Link #17014
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post

And to think Rave Master fans were furious with Sieg being dead, that part was truly an interesting twist though it was sad.
Mashima mentioned that because Rave was quite dark and sad (he actually once thought of ending it after volume 10) that he wanted Fairy Tail to be more fun than his previous work.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-22, 20:39   Link #17015
immblueversion

I'm feeling alone on this, but despite all the huge, HUGE blunders of the series in its last year or so, the last chapter tingled my heartstrings. Rather than feel empty or relieved, I'm actually content. It didn't fix or redeem any mistakes, but it reminded me of one of the things I liked about the series: friends hanging out and having fun no matter what the rest of the world thinks of you. Yeah, it kind of tanked in almost everything else in recent memory, but the last chapter managed to make me feel something other than bad about how bad it's been. It gave me laughs, and it gave me feels. Which is more than I was afraid of. And that's good enough for me.

A toast to Fairy Tail: I probably won't miss you, but I sure didn't hate you in the end.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-22, 20:42   Link #17016
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

I feel a redo of the series would do much better.

This felt more like a template instead of a final draft of a Selling Manga.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-23, 02:15   Link #17017
Blueknight78

hmm ok really a very standart ending. with the pairs half confirmed, as overal we know which eventually natsu, will stick with lucy since he told which they will be forever together, gray also with juvia, also even erza with jellal well all the pair they don't get a deep love confirmation but they pretty much are set in stone in a way or in another.

about the serie i will really gonna miss it, unlike many peoples here i true enjoyed it because they bring what i was expectating, some comedy, some action some fanservice well the most basic shounen rules and i'm fine, this don't means which the serie was perfect and no flaws, it have but unlike others this don't bothered me to the point of bash it like a crazy, i'm reall happy, now i'm waiting for the movie come to my country to watch and the anime which already confirmed by mashima to be coming back in 2018, let's see how anime will improve the manga and maybe some of the flaws, just looking foward it.

and now waiting for mashima next work, let's see if he gonna pull a "naruto" and come with a Fairuto and pull fairy tail kids or it's gonna be a total original work.
Old 2017-07-23, 03:07   Link #17018
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Well, Haru Glory is taken and Natsu Dragneel is taken.
Time to find out what kind of person Aki will be.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-23, 03:15   Link #17019
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
I feel a redo of the series would do much better.

This felt more like a template instead of a final draft of a Selling Manga.
Well said. While it started out amazing, from Edolas onwards it became a kind of experiment where the final decisions made happened to be (probably?) the worst ones. It wasn't a downward hill, there were still some good chapters even within the GMG, Tartaros and Avatar arcs, but the final war was handled bad and as a result the closure feels very superficial (and it is).

- Zeref and Mavis incarnations meeting again through time? SPIRIT CIRCLE SPIN-OFF!
- Of course Lucy would be a successful writer at the end.
- Erza x Jellal not actually happening probably pissed off a lot of people. The irony
- Hats off to Mashima for actually going through with his other ships. His romance may be mediocre at best, but at least he sees it through all the way to the end.

So, after all is said and done, FT has been a fast-paced action series with a heavy dose of comedy. I'd totally re-read it again after a decade or two and thus award it with 6.8/10! For the record, I can't say I'd do the same for Naruto and Bleach.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-23, 03:37   Link #17020
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
- Erza x Jellal not actually happening probably pissed off a lot of people.
They didn't get a scene together, but it was made clear Erza's waiting for him. That should be enough for any shipper, I think.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen